Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons (51057 Views)

Wizkid Defeat Davido Become The Best Artist In African / D’banj Naijas Best Artist In International Music Collabo / Best Artist In Kwara State Ilorin Won The Competition Coordinated By Femi Adebay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Chuksemi(m): 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
Dandeson1:
?Is wizkid tha first on billboard or dbanj wit his Oliver twist hit Lets get our facts ryt

Wizkid is first on billboard. Dbanj topped U.K top hundred chart not billboard.

Modified: I have been duly corrected. Wizkid isn't the first. Another media lie. He isn't even the second.
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by stubbornman(m): 5:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
ikarm17:

2face ko.

Who still remembers him? What song does he produce? Yoruba musicians like Sade Adu have won Grammys and are still respected outside of Nigeria.

Recently, a Yoruba singer Angélique Kidjo won a Grammy.

2face's fame was short and quick.
Oga shut up and take correction.....and why are you screaming Yoruba.... you're just a confused Kid....enough reason you like wizkid

1 Like

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by thobbie007(m): 5:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
Wizkid as not reach 1/3 of 2baba, compare n contrast btw awards, influential, monie, assets etc. 2baba na numba 1
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by sammaking(m): 5:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
CERTAINLY he is one of Naijas best.

So far wizy has no rival in Naija
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by tymajek: 6:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
Mtcheeeeew...nonsense!......2face's fame was not short. Even wizkid will still respect him and dbanj till tomorrow
and Angelique Kidjo is not a Yoruba woman. get your facts!

ikarm17:

2face ko.

Who still remembers him? What song does he produce? Yoruba musicians like Sade Adu have won Grammys and are still respected outside of Nigeria.

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
McBrooklyn:
Just as Vizkiz don talk am the other day . . . "Wizkid is a perfect example of growing from grass to grace just that he turns out to be an ungrateful bastard". Wizkid All The Way!!! cool

Guy....your signature got me rolling on the floor.
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by stubbornman(m): 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
smallJagaban:

THOSE SONG ARE NOT CHILDISH , CHECK OUT THE LYRICS OF THOSE SONGS
LIST 2FACE'S SONGS THAT IS OUTSTANDING
why you dey talk rubbish sef
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by tolulinks(m): 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
I don't know if he is the best we ever produced but what I know is that he's better than phyno, flavour, psquare and all those igbo who can't sing!
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by stubbornman(m): 6:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
ikarm17:

Do you hear how dumb you sound? Where does Seun get these mofos?
you're just a fool....a useless tout with a tecno phone.....you don't even know how to talk....daft
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by stubbornman(m): 6:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
Bleszin:
Exactly wat i was expecting...infact u deserve french,spanish,korean and nigerian kiss from me
Emm am not greedy all I need is a Zambian kisscheesy
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by 2sexycom(m): 6:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
ikarm17:

2face ko.

Angelique Kidjo isn't Yoruba. 2face is 40 years old and you don't expect him to be rubbing shoulders with wizkid and all the kids in the club. Take your yoruba sentiment elsewhere abeg.
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by nzemila(m): 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
ikarm17:

So obvious this is a multiple ID. When was the last time you posted before now?

indomie working!!!!!
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
livebullet:

U dat is of cassava generation, name one artiste who is hotter than wizzy baba in d past 12months
if u had said d last 12 yrs, maybe I would've Concord
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by JuanJO(m): 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
ikarm17:

2face ko.

yoruba man shut up
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by McBrooklyn(m): 6:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
Freiden:

Guy....your signature got me rolling on the floor.
Na So Ooo!! cheesy
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by smallJagaban: 6:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
dennisworld1:
which of beat africa queen
AFRICAN QUEEN? NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT IT..
OJUELEGBA IS FAR BETTER THAN AFRICAN QUEEN
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
ikarm17:

2face ko.

just listen to ur self,, ask kids dey know about 2face, ask teenagers dey know about 2face, ask adult dey know about 2face, ask d old dey know about 2face.. and who d hell in dis country knows about those people u mentioned... have u ever heard of any legend dat isn't famous.. just shut d Bleep up there if u don't have anything to say
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Megasaucy(f): 6:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
OP, opinions are free and your feeling of entitlement to same is preserved. I do not agree with you that the young man "is the best recording artist ever produced by Nigeria". The hounour goes to Fela Kuti. It would have been another thing entirely if he had used "current" to qualify "recording artist" but then Innocent Idibia, Davido and former P Square twins are serious contender for that title.
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by theshaderoom: 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
ikarm17:

2face ko.

Calling Sade Adu a Nigerian carries the same weight as calling Obama a Kenyan. I do not mean to say that she is a less Nigerian than I am but I follow her on instagram and she identifies with her black American roots than Nigerian roots.

Saying because she is respected outside of Nigeria that means she is better than 2face is your slave mentality working... so the respect u and Nigerians have for 2face is inferior to the respect foreigners have for Sade?

Angelique Kidjo has won more than one Grammy my dear... if am correct she has won three and she is Benenioise not Nigerian.

I fail to see your point with everything you have said though.

2face has won several awards if its awards that is bothering u... the grammys is not the ultimate either and have been criticised for always giving Angelique Kidjo for African category because she is the only person they are used to or giving tons of awards to new comers like they did to Lorde, Adele and Macklemore when they just started.

You should not attach your music taste to awards and the grammy. Listen to songs and know who is good and who is not instead of waiting for the person to win a Grammy before u make up your mind. Is it not peope like u that judge the grammys?

Robert De Niro has never won the academy but people cant still decide who can act more between him and Al Pacino

Celebrate your own and stop seeing foreign things as the standard.

3 Likes

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
smallJagaban:

AFRICAN QUEEN? NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT IT..

OJUELEGBA IS FAR BETTER THAN AFRICAN QUEEN
how old is ur brain
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
fiercehillz:

You are too young 2 comprehend certain tins...tuface has been in limelight since 1998 and still very much relevant than most of your youngsters of 2day. Do u knw He started his career with d likes of Eedris, Tony tetuila, Remedis, Rugged Man, Black Reverend, etcetera not even with d likes of P square, D'banj n Don Jazzy. 2baba n P square are the only surviving artist of old with songs ur grand children can still listen to even 80 yrs from now.
mature response spotted from a matured person
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by smallJagaban: 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ighoga898:
how old is ur brain

ASK YOUR ELDERS AT HOME
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by girl4rmspace(f): 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2016
He's a top 5 but i will still place 2face and psquare above him. They have achieved more than he has.
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by dablazor: 6:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
The way some of you describe some phantom legendary singing prowess of wizkid on here, i'd to go listen to some of his recent songs again and this time, slowly hoping I missed something, wizkid songs I ever had on my device are; Love my baby and Gidi girl, I just cant listen to the rest for more than a minute.
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by girl4rmspace(f): 6:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
tolulinks:
I don't know if he is the best we ever produced but what I know is that he's better than phyno, flavour, psquare and all those igbo who can't sing!

now you are bringing tribal wars into this and i think that's stupid. Wizkid has not even achieved half of what psquare has. Go do your research . And drop the whole tribal thing, its lame

1 Like

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by BluePearls(m): 7:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
theshaderoom:

one word - 2face

when Lil Wayne was at his peak, some people had the nerve to say he is better than 2pac..foreign collabos dont mean you are better than everybody, what is this slave mentality Nigerians have about foreign collabo sef. Wizkid is very good and is on his way to where 2face has been for years.

If i hear nfeni nbaga today or for instance i will still jump and shout come imagine wetin i go do if i hear african queen. I am yet to hear the 2face song that doesnt withstand the test of time...but its only Ojuelegba and AYO that is the wizkid songs likely to achieve that feat.

ASA's songs have been used as soundtrack in several American films and tv series but you dont hear people shouting that she is the best artiste out of naija.

This crap u wrote is an insult to the likes of 2face, Asa, TY Bello & Kush, and several others who made the industry what it is today

This is just like saying becos Taylor Swift is popping now then she is better than Tina Turner, Whitney Houston or Beyonce...abeg OP u should have several seats....foreign collabo is not the litmus test, nah slave mentality dey make u think say foreign collabo is the ultimate

I wish I could give you a thousand likes for this, but manage one for now. People like Femi Kuti comes to mind. Wiz Kid was still in diapers when Femi was out there in the foreign music industries.. With Grammy nominations o. You'd even try to finish Tuface's achievements before you even start with wiz kid or whatever his name his. I think he should get the recognition for the most arrogant and disrespectful artist Nigeria has ever produce.. My 2 cents...no beef or kpomo!
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
smallJagaban:

ASK YOUR ELDERS AT HOME
u re still a child
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Noblewhiz(m): 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
Wel u knw wat, i cant agree wit u completely, on my own opiniön ,wizkid came into limelight wit its superstar album and tats one of his album dat i wud always listened to his song. Jx tat some singles lyk on top of ur mata frm ayo album, dis days i cant reali knw wat he is singing. It's jx grace, tats al nt tat he is beta dan his coliks op. Got tat.
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Toofan007: 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
Not worth a comment.
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by tallfish145(m): 7:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
yournown opinion though. I am no fan of any artist singing nonsense,hence i prefers 9ICE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Davido And Sophie Momodu Fight On Snapchat / 5 Female Artistes That Slept While Tiwa Savage Was On Maternity Leave / Omah Lay Arrested In Uganda For Violating COVID-19 Protocols

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.