Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? (47381 Views)

Nigerian Husband Brutalizes His Pretty Wife As She Seeks For Divorce. Photos / How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? / How Many Children Do You Think Is Ideal For A Family In This Current Economy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by nuclearBb5791(m): 9:34am On Jun 20, 2016
U layed a bad foundation...
Reason:
She sees you from a wrong perspective.
My Husband must do everything...
My husband must give me pocket money if not he does not love me...
Fear of the fact that i am not pleasing my wife comes in...
trust is broken...
marriage failure at worse case...
regret...
Solution:
Try and communicate sincerely for her to see reasons why you are making this proposal...
listen to her own reason... if childish..as per reason 2.. try to get her groomed up...
make her understand that both of you have the same heart.. in two different bodies by showing her love.. and not otherwise..
once a woman feels safe, the first sign is she becomes submitsive...
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Emaprince: 9:39am On Jun 20, 2016
iykedare:

Some people can't read. No wonder they go on to answer exam questions without reading instructions.

My fear is that this guy will be in deep sh1t if the money stops coming.
Exactly!!

He really needs to man up and stop being gentle. The woman needs his money to add to her monthly savings, and if unfortunately the money stops flowing, do you think her type will help? I don't think so!

Seems like she's out to suck the man dry while she can.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by ojuolu(m): 9:49am On Jun 20, 2016
Onegai:

I'm a she smiley
Sorry dear. Thank you for the correction.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Reference(m): 9:52am On Jun 20, 2016
Why should you be paying your wife. Is she your emoloyee. You guys just don't know what marraige is all about. Abeg go and study. You are the reason girls REFUSE TO DEVELOP THEMSELVES BEYOND THE SKIN. Your wife is a shareholder in the enterprise called marraige. You don't pay a shareholder and an equal shareholder for that matter, she gets the dividends credited to her account when the books are balanced. Thus she is EQUALLY responsible for the financial performance of the family. You don't pay such people, you task them, then their reward comes with YOURS. Let us stop looking down on our women. They are equally capable and should be equally rewarded.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by edwife(f): 10:03am On Jun 20, 2016
byvan03:

I really don't concern myself with all these ideologies , all I know is that both genders must learn to treat each other with respect while they perform their distinct roles in a home . No gender is inferior to the other, one is leading as a punishment to the other for her disobedience in the garden of Eden. This means that from inception none was actually created to lead the other until they incurred their curse. It's better to let go of these ideologies that yields only confusion and just respect each other for our differences, appreciating both strength and weakness. Let the man be the man and the woman a woman. Their roles are complimentary, this should ideally yield perfection and not rancour.

Me lovy Byvan because sense dey for this chic.... kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by skywalker240(m): 10:06am On Jun 20, 2016
AH,...WOMEN!....you offered to do all dis ontop of ur provide food, chelter,pocket money responsibilities and yet she still say 20k salary no do?...kai.

And yet they will be clamouring for one silly gender equality..

If i say dis one na chairlady 4 potential gold Digging some people go crucify me, so I reserve my comment grin
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by internetpo(m): 10:15am On Jun 20, 2016
Onegai:

If I were you, i'd turn the giving of the allowance into a fun performance.

how do you mean by this? how do you do it with hubby? getting married soon and would like to know how to navigate this part of wedded life.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by banio: 10:18am On Jun 20, 2016
It's good to be open to ur wife about how much U earn, but the truth is that "DON'T TELL ANYBODY HOW MUCH YOU EARN OR WORTH". Life is relative. Some wives don't get up to #20K as feeding, while some get millions. Just be a man and take a stand. Women like manipulating guys especially weak guys
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by marv1: 10:34am On Jun 20, 2016
Onegai:

That joint account will solve your issues without you having to talk. Pay what you normally contribute to care for the home in it and tell her to add something to it (let her decide). Only remove your personal savings. If she's a careful woman, in 2 months' time she will see precisely how much of your earnings is going towards you guys and will feel so bad for you her natural Nigerian "ijebu"-ness will kick in and she will start urging you to save more and become more prudent with money. She will also appreciate the allowance you give her more.
I didnt get it .This is a serious issue pls. Give more explaination to this. Or better still make specific illustrations or examples as per how much each receives and contribute. God bless u.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by sunnyt1(m): 11:07am On Jun 20, 2016
I just cant understand why people give girlfriends/wife pocket money, its an habit that will surely backfire. Even if a girlfriend/wife doesnt work, giving her pocket money will only lead to uncontrollable things; it might make her become lazy, she might start seeing it as her right and even when she works, she might never contribute in financially to the family.

A man should do the needful and do more from time to time, but pocket money? its not a wise idea

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by keishablack(f): 11:11am On Jun 20, 2016
Managing finances is very important in marriage and if not well handled can lead to serious issues. Every couple shd have a plan dt works. Here's wt I suggest, get a joint account for a certain percentage of ur monthly salaries while also maintaining ur separate individual accounts. The joint account shd be reserved or maybe used to purchase property. Let it be clear who takes care of what in the house but this can be flexible so dt when the going gets rough, the other can take care of any lapses. It's good and kind of u to give her some monthly allowance,women love to be taken care of no matter how rich they are. If she feels wt u give her isn't good enuf, explain to her why u may not be able to afford more. After all, no amount of money is ever enough cuz man's needs are insatiable so it all boils down to understanding.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Omonigeriarere: 11:13am On Jun 20, 2016
banjolek:

Absolutely on point, apart from saving half of her salary,she doesn't even have to spend a lot of money on transportation as her office is very close to our house. Really baffling.

Those parasites, who always feel on top of the world online won't come here to claim equality now: useless bunch of people. Chief! The only advice I can give you is that you need to be a real man and be ready for anything that comes from your woman including divorce. Though not married yet, but I have come to realize that women have infinite needs that God cannot even satisfy.

So, do your best and leave the rest without forgetting to love yourself by avoiding unnecessary loads too
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Omonigeriarere: 11:22am On Jun 20, 2016
byvan03:
She is working, I don't know why she is so interested in a stipend when you foot all the bills. She strikes me as greedy, she should be grateful. If she is not accepting the 20k, keep as part of your savings. Don't go trying to convince her to accept it anymore, you give your people money and it's a problem to her? When she isn't lacking? Some women sha.

I wonder ooooo: some men sha....

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by misreal(m): 11:50am On Jun 20, 2016
cutiesaint1:
I fear dat woman o. 75k+20k=95k and yet she is not satisfy. A reasonable woman will build a home for his family not spending money like ....., am afraid she is not a wife material .
what can he do na?shry he is already married to her.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by amarachi06(f): 12:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
Arsenate:
Where are the feminists when you need them
So, basically, you both earn salaries but she still needs monthly stipends from you. Wow.
Women logic 101:
My money is mine alone
My man's money is for all of us.
Yeah, women are that selfish

Am three years in my marriage and l have never demanded money from my huby except l don't have.
I pay houserent, buy foodstuff, buy cushion for my parlour, change bedsheets cos it is my home.
Many women are stingy in nature to do all these but l believe that my huby will make it today and will reward me of all my efforts to him. He buys me cloth or suya and l reverence him for that kind gesture for l see in him a good man with a large heart just unseen circumstances surrounding him.
So my dear, there are still feminist who understands their man when he doesn't have any.
He knows how much l earn, l show him my salary to the extent of my family bashing me for not taking care of them.
My huby is my Hero, and Cherish.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by sorepco(m): 12:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
My guy the day u lose ur job that woman will leave u!! Becareful in over indulging her wims n caprices. Put your leg or ur foot down. Let her know her limits.

Now the issue is my wife insists that i must give her monthly pocket money and i have proposed 20k, an amount i feel is more than adequate for her if added to about 75k which she already has to herself from her salary. Also note that this 20k does not mean i dont get to buy her random stuff during the month or provide anything she asks for if i feel its a

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by sorepco(m): 12:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
Neva get a joint account with ur spouse!

Onegai:
It's okay.

Sit her down and tell her the money she's getting is a token of love, meant to be spent on frivolous things for herself. And that the amount will increase as things get better. Also get a joint account in which both of you will be paying savings into and make her a co-signatory. It will cure her of her fears about you.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by salvation77177: 1:16pm On Jun 20, 2016
What's happening here. Your wife works, earns pretty good salary and still demands for money from you .What does she do with her own salary then? Please, be careful with her.
Anyway, I do not have much to say about this matter. She is your wife and you know her better than me.
Good luck.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Onegai(f): 1:29pm On Jun 20, 2016
internetpo:

how do you mean by this? how do you do it with hubby? getting married soon and would like to know how to navigate this part of wedded life.

It's a gift. Give it as such, kindly and don't make anyone stand at attention beside you. It's not necessary to give an allowance. Every marriage is different and there is a time for kindness and a time for firmness.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by byvan03: 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
edwife:

Me lovy Byvan because sense dey for this chic.... kiss kiss

It's mutual babe kiss kiss wink.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
chiwetel:
now that's the word..GREEDY.

I sincerely see no reason why she should ask for the 20k at all,talk more of anything more if she is working,when its not like the money is in abundance.For heaven's sake that's why she's working to supplement the family's finances and not to drain from the little available.Op its good you have lofty plans for the future, try discussing it with her once again, she needs to see reasons to completely support you in those plans,you both should be patners working together to secure a better future.
Ann..?
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by TheSpellChecker: 4:08pm On Jun 20, 2016
nuclearBb5791:
U layed a bad foundation...
Reason:
She sees you from a wrong perspective.
My Husband must do everything...
My husband must give me pocket money if not he does not love me...
Fear of the fact that i am not pleasing my wife comes in...
trust is broken...
marriage failure at worse case...
regret...
Solution:
Try and communicate sincerely for her to see reasons why you are making this proposal...
listen to her own reason... if childish..as per reason 2.. try to get her groomed up...
make her understand that both of you have the same heart.. in two different bodies by showing her love.. and not otherwise..
once a woman feels safe, the first sign is she becomes submitsive...

I believe you actually meant LAID, ha? cheesy
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2016
banjolek:
Hello guys,

I need your honest opinion on this, how much is really ideal to give one's wife as monthly pocket money?.

Here's my story, i recently got married and also moved to a new 3 bedroom apartment around gbagada. I earn a pretty decent income while my wife also works in the bank with a salary of like 150k. She saves a half of this salary and uses the remaining for upkeep.

Now the issue is my wife insists that i must give her monthly pocket money and i have proposed 20k, an amount i feel is more than adequate for her if added to about 75k which she already has to herself from her salary. Also note that this 20k does not mean i dont get to buy her random stuff during the month or provide anything she asks for if i feel its a reasonable demand.

A1so bear in mind that i am still 100% responsible for providing food and other bills in the house. In addition we just moved to a new apartment like i mentioned earlier and still in the process of furnishing it so a chunk of my monthly salary goes into furnishing the house.

We also have a plan to set up a business for her, so i'm also currently saving part of my salary to fulfill that dream.

Now my wife has rejected the proposed amount of 20k saying its too small.

I need your take on this people, considering all i have mentioned above, is 20k really too small to be giving her monthly?

i wrote this in a hurry, please bear with any typo observed.
hmmmmmmmmmmm!
Na u spoil her o. Sincerely if she isn't working it's a different thing. A working wife to me should not be on any form of allowance. If you decide to give her money it should be a free will thing. Your telling her 20,000 sef na spoil. Sorry to say but this is an act of wickedness. Since she is working & has a source of income, there's nothing wrong with her taking over some responsibility sef..... ur laid a wrong foundation. Perhaps u were giving her more than that b4
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Omonigeriarere: 5:03pm On Jun 20, 2016
marvelous000:

[size=13pt]
Baba, the thing vex me reach boneangry I dey always ask God which kind fvcked up generation him put me like this sad

The stultifying aberration too dey sickening for my reasoning. To even think say she get problem with him spending on people(mama, papa or siblings) wey train and bring am up, dey even more sickening

[/size]

It all happens when they throw away common sense while dating by over pampering a lady. Now, it becomes hard for him to retreat. I can bet it with my life, the salaries of some families (husband and wife combined) are not up to 75k she claimed she spent on her monthly upkeep.

I stopped giving my girl friend transport fare as usual the day she mentioned it to my ear that it was my responsibility. Without being told, she has grown up because she has never asked me the reason why I stopped and I have not found out how she realized although I still give whenever I want. Now, she spends more anytime we are together.

No matter how far someone has gone in a wrong direction, he still needs to go back. So, Op just need to grow up and start acting like a REAL MAN because no man can satisfy the needs of a lady, unless he is ready to turn himself to slowpoke.

Until a man becomes a challenge to his woman whether physically or psychologically, he can never get it right with her.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Omonigeriarere: 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
DedeNkem:
Are you f*ucking kidding me? Are you mentally healthy?

Your wife earns 150k, saves half of it for herself and pocket 75k for herself, and still wants you to give her monthly "pocket money" even though you buy stuff for her randomly!

What kind of f*ucking greedy woman is this? You take 100% responsible for providing food and house bills without her contributing a cent!

She's a very ungrateful, mean and selfish woman! It's all about her and you're just in her world.

You probably wooed her with money and she married you for money! You ended up marrying a gold-digger!

Don't give her any f*ucking monthly salary. If you do it, she'll continue riding you all your life. It is terrible that she earns a good salary and still doesn't contribute financially at home!

My wife and I contribute to a special joint bank account for all financial needs of our home and another joint account for savings. I earn more than her, so I contribute more. I still buy her great gifts and take her out. She buys me gifts too. That's how a family should deal with it's finances.

'My wife and I contribute to a special joint bank account for all financial needs of our home and another joint account for savings. I earn more than her, so I contribute more. I still buy her great gifts and take her out. She buys me gifts too. That's how a family should deal with it's finances.'.

Can you elaborate more on joint bank account Sir? This is the kind of REAL MEN I am looking for.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by chimax81(f): 6:07pm On Jun 20, 2016
You should sit her down and let her see reasons,and you better save for the rainy days.she will be the one to frustrate you too.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by MrOrioye(m): 7:17pm On Jun 20, 2016
banjolek:
Hello guys,

I need your honest opinion on this, how much is really ideal to give one's wife as monthly pocket money?.

Here's my story, i recently got married and also moved to a new 3 bedroom apartment around gbagada. I earn a pretty decent income while my wife also works in the bank with a salary of like 150k. She saves a half of this salary and uses the remaining for upkeep.

Now the issue is my wife insists that i must give her monthly pocket money and i have proposed 20k, an amount i feel is more than adequate for her if added to about 75k which she already has to herself from her salary. Also note that this 20k does not mean i dont get to buy her random stuff during the month or provide anything she asks for if i feel its a reasonable demand.

A1so bear in mind that i am still 100% responsible for providing food and other bills in the house. In addition we just moved to a new apartment like i mentioned earlier and still in the process of furnishing it so a chunk of my monthly salary goes into furnishing the house.

We also have a plan to set up a business for her, so i'm also currently saving part of my salary to fulfill that dream.

Now my wife has rejected the proposed amount of 20k saying its too small.

I need your take on this people, considering all i have mentioned above, is 20k really too small to be giving her monthly?

i wrote this in a hurry, please bear with any typo observed.

From the look of it, the foundation needs to be redrawn. When you say you are one, it shouldn't take out money issues or anything. You need to put all those money together and plan together and agree together...trust me your bond will be unshakable. My wife has 100% access to my accounts and there has never been a single argument regarding money since we've been together (8yrs+).

That way she won't need your stipend. There'll be great communications, less secrets and fantastic bond.

In my own understanding, a woman will tear you down if she doesn't know where you're headed. They're very optimistic about money, if you'd rather hide the jar and pour them water little by little they'll drink and keep asking for more till they see the level of the water in the jar themselves, then they'll start helping you to manage and ensure the water never finishes.

Trust me, women are the best managers. You'll thank me later.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by rman: 8:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
Winneygirl:

Marriage is a partnership.
This is not about what each party earns, but what they both earn and how it is managed.
This is her family too. Whatever money you give your wife still goes into running the home.

Did u read the OPs post? I doubt.

She does not spend kobo in running the home, earns a decent salary and still wants her husband to pay her for being the wife because that is the way I see it.

She wants to be paid for marrying him ..
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by erico2k2(m): 8:51pm On Jun 20, 2016
carpenter:

Pardon my ignorance but I think what a woman makes and what she does with it is her business. However, with great and understanding women, you will see them usually put some of that money to use in the house. I believe a man is totally responsible for household expenses but it gladdens the heart to see a woman trying to offer some form support. Again, I am very African in my thinking...
Bro wake up, its 2016
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by chiwetel(f): 9:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
iAmCharis:
Ann..?
ssssssshhh...agap?
OMG...where hv u been?
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 20, 2016
chiwetel:
ssssssshhh...agap?
OMG...where hv u been?
Daayuuum! cheesy I've been to London to see the Queen.
How have you been?
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by chiwetel(f): 9:51pm On Jun 20, 2016
iAmCharis:
Daayuuum! cheesy
I've been to London to see the Queen.

How have you been?
Lol...enduring here in 9ja o,since I can't go to london.

u married now? wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? / Okada Man's Wife Gives Birth To Triplets In Delta After Welcoming Twins. Photo / Namibian Man Creates Baby Saver Box For Unplanned Pregnancy And Unwanted Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.