Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Why We Killed Gaddafi...a Lesson For Africa. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why We Killed Gaddafi...a Lesson For Africa. (794 Views)

Jose Mujica.the Most Humble President In D World As A Lesson For Nigeria Looters / 16 Real Reasons Why Col.gaddafi Was Killed / Why The West Wanted Gaddafi Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Killed Gaddafi...a Lesson For Africa. by histemple: 12:54pm On Jun 17, 2016
After reading a copy of the petition forwarded to the House of Representatives by the US about the alleged immoral conduct of three honourable members, I was shocked at the kind of negative reactions and outright condemnation by Nigerians----even when it hasn't been proven by the petitioner or the hotel management after a month.

Aside, my suspicion that the immoral and self-acclaimed saints (US) have problems with Nigeria from the day PMB reiterated GEJ's stand on the gay rights, this recent suspected blackmail (atleast until proven otherwise) only reminds me of how we were cajoled by the same WEST into believing that GADDAFI is not just a devilish dictator but one that must be killed.

I must say that no other African leader has served his/her people like our GADDAFI and that, I suspect, was why they deceived us into killing him. They are always swift in condemning anything about Africa and desperate in ensuring that nothing good is allowed to stand in Africa.

Believe me, if the recent Orlando shooting in US wherein over 50 persons were gunned down happened in Africa, you could have heard their president come out to regurgitate absurdities.

Just read through Gaddafi's policies and achievements.

1. There is no electricity bill in Libya, electricity is free for all its citizens.

2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.

3. Home considered a human right in Libya – Gaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a
home. Gaddafi’s father has died while him, his wife and his mother are still living in a tent.

4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$ 50,000 ) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up
the family.

5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans are literate. Today the figure is 83%.

6. If Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farm land, a farming house, equipment, seeds and livestock to kick- start their farms – all for free.

7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government funds them to go abroad for it – not only free but they get US $2, 300/mth accommodation and car allowance.

8. In Libyan, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price.

9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0. 14 per liter.

10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion – now frozen globally.

11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until
employment is found.

12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.

13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US $5 ,000

14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $ 0.15

15. 25% of Libyans have a university degree

16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man- Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.

If this is called "Dictatorship" I wonder what type of Leadership Democrats have

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Killed Gaddafi...a Lesson For Africa. by horlus(m): 1:03pm On Jun 17, 2016
Bro a few of these things listed are not true it's been online for a while now and lots of Libyans have come out to rebuff these claims. Ur points noted

1 Like

Re: Why We Killed Gaddafi...a Lesson For Africa. by histemple: 1:12pm On Jun 17, 2016
horlus:
Bro a few of these things listed are not true it's been online for a while now and lots of Libyans have come out to rebuff these claims. Ur points noted

I am happy you said "a few things" and I won't contest that for personal reasons.

I have never been to Lybia But my brother lived in Lybia and he confirmed these things.

But it is worthy of note that no other leader in Africa has given his/ her people ANY of the things listed above.

Just imagine that Buhari is giving entrepreneurs interest-free loans.
Just imagine that Buhari giving us free electricity.
Re: Why We Killed Gaddafi...a Lesson For Africa. by scully95: 8:00pm On Jun 17, 2016
horlus:

pls shut it there. i am a witness.. those that came out saying crap may just be trolls.. during my masters program, a libyan was my course mate and he confirmed personally to me. libyans are getting paid monthly for studying abroad and paid untill phd level..

my course mate even did his first degree in the same school i met him and said he applied for both master and phd because he does not want to return home. i suspecting he liked fckin the girls which is not allowed in libya.. those girls were cute though..

not just monthly stipends but also course fee are being paid. ask any libyan student during the days of gadaffi.this i can confirm myself.. the moment he died, everything stopped.

in a class of 25, you may see chinese like 5, nigerians 8 but you will only see one libyan. if at all you are going to see one.

take a look at it, how many are they in libya.. officially they are 4-5 million.. major income is oil. and barrel per head is huge so tell me how is it not possible to feed them well.

these are things you need to look to know it's not a lie.

(1) (Reply)

Trump Is Right Sweden Has Died, Don't Let This Happen To Your Country [VIDEO] / Russian Mod Accuses Israeli Military Of CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE, To Supply S-300 / Is Elizabeth Warrens Kitchen Ttchotchke A Racist Artifact From The 20th Century?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.