Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Jose Mujica.the Most Humble President In D World As A Lesson For Nigeria Looters - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Jose Mujica.the Most Humble President In D World As A Lesson For Nigeria Looters (1390 Views)

Bernie Sanders, US President In Waiting - Mr Rights / Robert Mugabe’s 37-Year-Old Rule As Zimbabwean President In Pictures / Hurricane Irma: Photos Of 19 Looters Detained By SWAT Across Florida. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jose Mujica.the Most Humble President In D World As A Lesson For Nigeria Looters by adeniyi65(m): 6:26pm On Feb 11, 2017
You might have been hearing about a president in a particular country who live as an ordnary citizen and has a vokeswagen beatle of 1980s model.you are not given a false information.its true.
Whats makes me to write about him is the situation of my fatherland which had been aprehended by looters.you heard about a singule man(andrew yakubu)stolen a huge amount of money that is capable of paying about 2 months alocation for a state in the nation or to build a first class university in the whole of africa.when i heard that that billions of naira is found with one soul even he his afraid to take it to the bank.i now think,why will you steal huge amount of money that you know you cant spend.if you try to spend it all and prove me roung then it will resulted into buying more than what you can consume then leads to WASTE.tell me the comfort you derive from having excess of what you cant utilise for the rest of your life.infact these set of people must be sick and they need our get well soon messages.let me just go back to under the topic and show these looters that they are really the poor ones.thoe nigerias majority might be poor.they are really the poor ones without freedom to live a free normal life.
Jose mijica was born in uruguay to a local farmer.in the 1970s and 80s he join the revolution team who against the bad government of the time,which leads him into jail for about 4 times where he spent 24years alltogether before gaining his freedom when a total democrat government later took the affair of the nation.after he gain his freedom he form anew party alongside with others of his types.he was elected Deputy which is same as honourable in nigeria second house of the legislature.he was elected as a senator the following election.he was later given minister of agric &co which leads him to resign from senate.during these process his charisma in politics has lead his party to norminate him as coming presidential candidate for the party which the current president want something else.the current president want his minister of finnance to succeed him but jose won the primary of the party.he later won the presidential election in end of year 2009 and start his office duties in year 2010.
These are the lesson thats whot identifing:
*a source said he turn down the constitution that laid it down for him to relocate to the presidential castle which he accept to stay in his home and serve the nation.
*during his declaration of asset.his asset was a 1980s model of VW beatles car,including a house in his wife estate of pastures with their 3leg dog and his cash was rate under a million dollar which is one third(1/3) of his vice as at the time which make some people called him the poorest president of the world.
*out of his salary,he slash out 90% for the people in needs and go out with the remaining 10%.these are little among others.Mujica wasn't known as the world's humblest president for nothing. The former president shunned the luxurious lifestyle and was usually seen in casual clothes for official ceremonies and rarely, if ever, wore a tie. By donating 90 per cent of his salary to charity, his income was roughly equal to the average wagein Uruguay - $775 (£485) a month.
These are what he said consining his lifestyle:
*I have a way of life that I don't change just because I am a president. I earn more than I need, even if it's not enough for others. For me, it is no sacrifice, it's a duty.
*As soon as politicians start climbing up the ladder, they suddenly become kings. I don't know how it works, but what I do know is that republics came to the world to make sure that no one is more than anyone else. You need a palace, red carpet, a lot of people behind you saying 'Yes, sir.' I think all of that is awful.
*The kids of today have to be better than us. We must strive to create tools adequate for human beings that come with other things that are, at least, different from those we used to have.
*Does this planet have enough resources so seven or eight billion can have the same level of consumption and waste that today is seen in rich societies? It is this level of hyper- consumption that is harming our planet.
*If you don't have many possessions, then you don't need to work all your life like a slave to sustain them, and therefore you have more time for yourself
*I'm called 'the poorest president', but I don't feel poor.
*I have the goal of getting together 30 or 40 poor kids and bringing them to live with me.
*No addiction is good.
*I don't want to be an apologist for poverty, but I can't stand waste, useless spending, wasted energy and having to live squandering stuff.
*Poor people are those who only work to try to keep an expensive lifestyle and always want more and more.
If only nigeria looters can think about life from this man end.the life of every1 in the nation would have been a different 1.get well soon andrew yakubu.get well soon looters.we wish you all quick recovery.

Re: Jose Mujica.the Most Humble President In D World As A Lesson For Nigeria Looters by adeniyi65(m): 6:33pm On Feb 11, 2017
Time for nigerian looters to rethink.

Re: Jose Mujica.the Most Humble President In D World As A Lesson For Nigeria Looters by sarrki(m): 6:35pm On Feb 11, 2017
In Nigeria SA to SA of a councilor go dey form

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jose Mujica.the Most Humble President In D World As A Lesson For Nigeria Looters by sarrki(m): 6:35pm On Feb 11, 2017
adeniyi65:
Time for nigerian looters to rethink.

So also there supporters

1 Like

Re: Jose Mujica.the Most Humble President In D World As A Lesson For Nigeria Looters by Davash222(m): 6:38pm On Feb 11, 2017
sarrki:

So also there supporters
Yes!! Do something about it.
Re: Jose Mujica.the Most Humble President In D World As A Lesson For Nigeria Looters by mynuel(m): 6:52pm On Feb 11, 2017
Well said!!
Re: Jose Mujica.the Most Humble President In D World As A Lesson For Nigeria Looters by adeniyi65(m): 7:01pm On Feb 11, 2017
Lets wish them get well soon wishes pls because it takes someone that is sick upstear to be looting these kind amount of moneys.who knows they can change if they see nigerians wishing them quick recovery.get well soon justice adeniyi ademola,get well soon james ibori,get well soon dasuki.we wish you all quick recovery
Re: Jose Mujica.the Most Humble President In D World As A Lesson For Nigeria Looters by adeniyi65(m): 7:19pm On Feb 11, 2017
One of the time when he left prison.

(1) (Reply)

Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? / "operation Libya" And The Battle For Oil: Redrawing The Map Of Africa / Is The World About To Go To War The Third Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.