Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,201 members, 7,849,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:33 AM

I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan (6934 Views)

It’s A Shame Nigerians Are Celebrating Christmas In Discomfort – Osinbajo / Here Are The Reasons Some People Will Keep Celebrating Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. / Patience And Goodluck Jonathan On A Date In New Jersey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by iKarma: 12:45am On Jun 18, 2016
Under clueless GEJ

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:47am On Jun 18, 2016
quid:

Meanwhile one tomato costs [i]N[/i]470.25 under the APC dull@rds

wait ooooo, so its buhari's fault that insects destroyed millions of tomatoes produce in the north seriously! ure complaining abt buhari and its tomatoes that was destroyed by insects that ure putting forward abeg goodnight
Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:48am On Jun 18, 2016
Under Oga GEJ

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by iKarma: 12:48am On Jun 18, 2016
2BB4CB3E:

very clueless let me give instances of his low and misguided mindset
1: said he wanted to buy 1000 buses for the whole country lmao that's what ...... 180,000,000 shld share a thousand buses that it will reduce the effects of subsidy removal let me help you do the maths ok each state gets 27 buses each only cms to ajah self will use more than 100 buses but hey! am not dumb so i wont dwell

1: said he wants to reduce the salary of the executive government lmao, by 35% they earn abt 1.8 mill averagely without taking allowances into account! or should we talk abt security vote( money that can be spent anyway the governor or president deem fit unaccountable) he can use it to buy anything he wants owes no one explanation go and read abt it, buhari reduced the funds fact! you can check that out online abeg i dey club 2moro i will finish this

My brother na so e be. The liess and missed promises.

See as dem no even answer the question. The zombies have forgotten that he didn't build them their 2nd Niger bridge. I still don't understand why they're licking his ass.
Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 18, 2016
2BB4CB3E:

wait ooooo, so its buhari's fault that insects destroyed millions of tomatoes produce in the north seriously! ure complaining abt buhari and its tomatoes that was destroyed by insects that ure putting forward abeg goodnight
[size=14pt]APC is a party of dull@rds.
Now, notice that all dull@rds do VERY BADLY in the sciences. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by iKarma: 12:50am On Jun 18, 2016
Under clueless Jonathan

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:51am On Jun 18, 2016
iKarma:
Under clueless Jonathan
[size=18pt]Under Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, PhD grin grin grin[/size]

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:52am On Jun 18, 2016
iKarma:

My brother na so e be. The liess and missed promises.

See as dem no even answer the question. The zombies have forgotten that he didn't build them their 2nd Niger bridge. I still don't understand why they're licking his ass.

the only thing jonathan did was increase minimum wage

do you also know that the cost of our democrazy yes oooo crazy is 70% of the budget that means that we loan money not for development but to pay for governance now isnt that madness but no one is talking
Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by iKarma: 12:52am On Jun 18, 2016
[size=18pt]$1.1billion Fraud: British Judge questions Jonathan's integrity, stops Etete from getting N17 billion
[/size]

A British Judge on Tuesday refused to release $85 million (N17 billion) to Malabu, a fraudulent company controlled by Nigeria’s former petroleum minister, Dan Etete.

In refusing to release the money to Malabu, Justice Edis of the Southwark Crown Court declared that he was not sure the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan acted in Nigeria’s interest when it approved the transfer of the money to Malabu.

“I cannot simply assume that the FGN which was in power in 2011 and subsequently until 2015 rigorously defended the public interest of the people of Nigeria in all respects,” the judge ruled.

PREMIUM TIMES had reported how the Jonathan administration controversially approved the transfer of $1.092 billion from Nigeria’s JP Morgan account in London to Nigerian accounts controlled by Malabu.

The money was paid by global oil giants, Shell and ENi, for Africa’s richest oil bloc, OPL 245.

The former Attorney General of the Federation, Mohammed Adoke, and the former Minister of State for Finance, Yerima Ngama, signed the documents approving the transfer to Malabu.

The fraudulent deal, shaded in various layers of corruption, has been condemned by Nigerians and international transparency advocates and is being investigated by authorities in four different countries.

The seized $85 million

The $85 million was seized at the request of Italian prosecutors who are also investigating the deal. The money was the last part of the OPL 245 largesse not yet distributed.

Sensing that the Muhammadu Buhari administration was yet to find its feet on international legal matters, Mr. Etete approached the British court and asked that the money be returned to him.

At a two-day hearing that started on November 23, Mr. Etete’s lawyers argued that there was no fraud in the deal and asked that the money be released to him.

While Mr. Etete argued that the money be released to him, the Italian prosecutor argued that “their investigation could lead to a potential forfeiture of the money down the road.” a source who has followed the case and was present at the proceedings told PREMIUM TIMES.

Malabu’s lawyers told the court that freezing the money was an assault on Nigeria and questioned how the court could imagine that Messrs. Adoke and Ngama would be a party to a corrupt deal.

The ruling

While giving his ruling on Tuesday, Justice Edis said while he could not say for certain if the deal was fraudulent pending conclusions of investigations, it would be inappropriate to release the money to Malabu.

“I am not making any findings of fact about misconduct by anyone. I am simply assessing the evidence before me to determine whether a restraint order should be discharged which was granted by way of MLA (Mutual Legal Assistance between the UK and Italy) to support an investigation by the Italian authorities,” the judge said.

The judge also made reference to evidence provided by the Italian authorities that ex-President Jonathan was directly involved in the fraudulent deal.

“The suggestion from the wiretaps is that “Fortunato” was implicated and I am told that this was a reference in code (not subtle) to the former President of Nigeria, President Goodluck Jonathan,” the judge said.

“Aliyu (Abubakar) is said to be associated with him and Aliyu received, in a way which was not transparent, $523m of the money paid for the OPL 245 licence in August 2011.”

PREMIUM TIMES had reported how fictitious companies owned by Abubakar Aliyu, a man referred to as ‘Mr. Corruption’ by anti-graft officials, received over half ($532 million) of the total $1.092 billion.

Mr. Aliyu, a close ally of Mr. Jonathan was recently quizzed by EFCC operatives for the first time despite being a central character in the deal whose investigation was virtually stalled during the Jonathan presidency.

Activists react

Reacting to the ruling, Simon Taylor of Global Witness stated that “Given the gathering pace of the EFCC investigation in Nigeria under new leadership and a call by the Nigerian House of Representatives to cancel the deal in 2014, investors in Shell and Eni should demand to know why they were exposed to such risk.”

The UK based Global Witness has been at the forefront of the demand for transparency in the deal and other similar deals across the world.

Also reacting to the judgement, Dotun Oloko, an anti-corruption campaigner in Nigeria said, “In light of these allegations in a UK court, the role of the senior Nigerian officials involved in this deal, including Goodluck Jonathan, must now be fully investigated.”

With the ruling, Nigerian now has the opportunity to not only claim the money but also another $110.5 million of the funds held in a Swiss bank while investigations continue.

Below is a statement by Global Witness after the court ruling

Court refuses to unfreeze funds from “smash and grab” raid on Nigerian oil block
Prosecutors allege that “fronts for President Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria” received US$523m in proceeds of “smash and grab” OPL 245 deal

Southwark Crown Court today rejected an attempt by a company owned by the former Nigerian oil minister Dan Etete to unfreeze US$85m in proceeds of the corrupt deal for the Nigerian offshore oil block, Oil Prospecting Licence 245 (OPL 245), which was sold to Shell and Eni for $1.1bn in 2011.

The funds were restrained at the request of Italian authorities, who are investigating the sale of the block by Malabu Oil & Gas, a company secretly owned by Mr Etete, to the international oil companies.

The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) under Goodluck Jonthan acted as a middleman in the deal, and the court received evidence based on wiretaps that prosecutors allege show that the then President, Goodluck Jonathan, was directly involved. The deal deprived the Nigerian people of a sum equivalent to 80% of the country’s 2015 health budget.

“In light of these allegations in a UK court the role of the senior Nigerian officials involved in this deal including Goodluck Jonathan must now be fully investigated,” said Dotun Oloko, a Nigerian anti-corruption campaigner.

Evidence from US authorities presented to the court and included in the judgement “shows payments following circuitous routes which total $523m and which arrived at Abubakar Aliyu, aka ‘Mr Corruption’” […] “Aliyu’s companies are allegedly fronts for President Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria”. The Crown Prosecution Service, acting at the behest of the Public Prosecutor for Milan (PPM), described OPL 245 as a case of “grand corruption”.

The OPL 245 deal is currently under investigation by the Public Prosecutor of Milan, the UK’s National Crime Agency (NCA), and the Nigerian Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). The EFCC have reportedly recently interviewed Abubakar Aliyu in connection with the case, and earlier this year interviewed Dan Etete.

Justice Edis of Southwark Crown Court turned down Malabu’s application to discharge the freezing order rejecting Malabu’s arguments that the Crown had failed to follow proper procedures in securing the freezing. Justice Edis concluded in his judgement:

It is extremely important that what I am about to say is not misunderstood. I am not making any findings of fact about misconduct by anyone. I am simply assessing the evidence before me to determine whether a restraint order should be discharged which was granted by way of MLA to support an investigation by the Italian authorities. That investigation is not complete (and appears to be still at quite an early stage). What misconduct it may ultimately prove, if any, will be a matter for the PPM and the Italian court if proceedings are brought. However, precisely because I cannot reach firm factual conclusions, I cannot simply assume that the FGN which was in power in 2011 and subsequently until 2015 rigorously defended the public interest of the people of Nigeria in all respects. Mr. Fisher QC who appeared for the CPS used the phrase “grand corruption” to describe the form of corruption in which the state itself is culpable. The suggestion from the wiretaps is that “Fortunato” was implicated and I am told that this was a reference in code (not subtle) to the former President of Nigeria, President Goodluck Jonathan. Aliyu is said to be associated with him and Aliyu received, in a way which was not transparent, $523m of the money paid for the OPL 245 licence in August 2011.

“Given the gathering pace of the EFCC investigation in Nigeria under new leadership and a call by the Nigerian House of Representatives to cancel the deal in 2014, investors in Shell and Eni should demand to know why they were exposed to such risk,“ said Simon Taylor, a Director of Global Witness.

Suspects named in the Italian case include Eni and its current and former CEOs Claudio Descalzi and Paolo Scaroni, as well the company’s Chief Development, Operations & Technology Officer Roberto Casula and former executive Vicenzo Armanna. Other suspects in the Italian case include Dan Etete and middlemen Emeka Obi, Gianluca Di Nardo and Luigi Bisignani. Shell and Eni have denied any wrongdoing.

“It is clear from evidence in the public domain that high level executives in Shell personally took part in negotiating this deal. Citizens in the UK, US, Netherlands and Nigeria should demand that Shell and its executives are investigated in their respective countries,” said Nicholas Hildyard of The Corner House.

Shell and Eni have invested at least $1.8bn in purchasing and developing the block, which they own 50-50. It reportedly holds probable reserves of 9.23 billion barrels of oil, which if proven, would represent the equivalent of a third of Shell’s proven reserves, and two thirds of Eni’s.

Antonio Tricarico of Re:Common said: “$85 million paid by Eni and Shell for the benefit of Dan Etete’s company Malabu remains frozen in London. The time has come that Eni and Shell come clean about what they knew about this deal and who else this money was intended for.”

For more information about the case read the briefing by Global Witness on OPL245, Shell and Eni’s Misadventures in Nigeria.

$1.1billion Fraud: British Judge questions Jonathan's integrity, stops Etete from getting N17 billion - Premium Times Nigeria
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/195233-1-1billion-fraud-british-judge-questions-jonathans-integrity-stops-etete-from-getting-n17-billion.html
Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:53am On Jun 18, 2016
[size=18pt]UN celebrates GEJ[/size]

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 18, 2016
quid:

[size=14pt]APC is a party of dull@rds.
Now, notice that all dull@rds do VERY BADLY in the sciences. [/size]

the fact that ure screaming dullards and making dumb statements is just so sad lmao
2moro someone like who will run for public office well i have already given up hope for this country sha so enjoy
Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 18, 2016
2BB4CB3E:

the fact that ure screaming dullards and making dumb statements is just so sad lmao
2moro someone like who will run for public office well i have already given up hope for this country sha so enjoy
Very simple, just blame GEJ when dull@rdism prevents you from thinking properly grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 18, 2016
quid:
[size=18pt]UN celebrates GEJ[/size]

dumb post check
dumb comments check
irrelevant pictures check
ayo fayose i see you
Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 18, 2016
2BB4CB3E:

dumb post check
dumb comments check
irrelevant pictures check
ayo fayose i see you
Are you getting frustrated?

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by iKarma: 12:59am On Jun 18, 2016
2BB4CB3E:

the only thing jonathan did was increase minimum wage

do you also know that the cost of our democrazy yes oooo crazy is 70% of the budget that means that we loan money not for development but to pay for governance now isnt that madness but no one is talking

He foolishly increased the minimum wage without consulting with states to ensure that they can pay it.
Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by iKarma: 1:01am On Jun 18, 2016
Clueslesss GEJ and corruption

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 1:01am On Jun 18, 2016
iKarma:

He foolishly increased the minimum wage without consulting with states to ensure that they can pay it.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by iKarma: 1:02am On Jun 18, 2016
Cluess GEJ

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by iKarma: 1:04am On Jun 18, 2016
Where's the bridge? Lying corrupt GEJ

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 1:05am On Jun 18, 2016
iKarma:
Cluess GEJ
APC 1mbeciles

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by iKarma: 1:06am On Jun 18, 2016
GEJ is corrupt, clueless and the one the causes for Nigeria's backwardness today.
Make no mistake, we Nigerians do not celebrate corruption.
Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 1:07am On Jun 18, 2016
iKarma:
Where's the bridge? Lying corrupt GEJ

They are still buying materials lmao
Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by iKarma: 1:07am On Jun 18, 2016
Corruption: GEJ stole money meant for arms deal to fight boko haram

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 1:08am On Jun 18, 2016
cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 1:08am On Jun 18, 2016
quid:

APC 1mbeciles

Dude you remind of Donald trump talking rubbish in the presence of common sense lol
Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by iKarma: 1:08am On Jun 18, 2016
Under CLUELESS GEJ

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 1:09am On Jun 18, 2016
2BB4CB3E:

Dude you remind of Donald trump talking rubbish in the presence of common sense lol
^^ Leave Trump for the Americans, face your APC dull@rds

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 18, 2016
quid:
cheesy cheesy

Where are you getting these things from good lord lmao! See madness online oooo
Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by iKarma: 1:10am On Jun 18, 2016
Clueless and corrupt GEJ

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by iKarma: 1:10am On Jun 18, 2016
Ibo's hero

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by iKarma: 1:11am On Jun 18, 2016

Re: I Don't Understand Why We Are Celebrating Goodluck Jonathan by iKarma: 1:13am On Jun 18, 2016
[size=28pt]10 ways Jonathan failed Nigerians
[/size]

1. Power Generation.
In 2010, when Mr Jonathan was sworn in as substantive president after the death of his former boss, Umaru Yar’Adua, power generation in Nigeria was 3,000 mega watts. On Friday, when he was handing over to his successor, power generation had dropped to less than 2000 mega watts.
The need to prioritise power generation and availability to Nigerians was acknowledged by Mr Jonathan early in his administration. In 2011, while seeking support to be elected president after leading the country for one year following the death of Mr. Yar’Adua, the ex-president declared to diplomats at the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, UNECA, and the African Union, AU, in Addis-Ababa that:
“If I’m voted into power, within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make a significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I cannot do anything.”
Power across Nigeria is at an all time low with Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory, having just 5 megawatts.

2. Security

This was perhaps Mr Jonathan’s biggest albatross. His administration went to sleep while the insurgent group, Boko Haram, ran amok killing thousands and capturing territory as huge as Belgium from Nigeria in its bid to create an Islamic caliphate. Mr Jonathan only acted decisively when it became clear that the insurgency would cost him votes during the presidential election. In the build up to the elections, within six weeks, most of the territories previously captured by the insurgents were retaken and the insurgents placed on a back foot.
The president also failed to curb the the perennial clashes between Fulani herdsmen and farmers particularly in the north central region.
In Nasarawa, Ombatse militia were allowed to rain terror on civilians. In 2013 over 100 police officers and other security agents were killed in a swoop by the militia. The Jonathan administration, for political reasons, refused to bring the perpetrators to book and those indicted for the killings still walk free today.
The insecurity was also witnessed in the southern part of the country as kidnappers went on rampage abducting people for ransom. Politicians, their aides, family members and public officials were the major targets as the criminals virtually had their way in various states like Edo, Bayelsa, and Ondo State.
Under the Jonathan administration, Nigeria became one of the most dangerous places in the world to live.

3. Fuel Scarcity
Last week, Nigeria was grounded to a halt after oil marketers embarked on a strike following dispute over subsidy on petrol. Despite several promises by Mr Jonathan to increase the nation’s capacity to refine crude by revamping the existing refineries and building new ones, no new refineries were built in his five years in office while existing ones never worked at optimum capacity.
The continued reliance on imported fuel left the country susceptible to the machinations of oil marketers. Subsidy on petrol and kerosene also turned out to be a black hole on the country’s finances. In five years, the administration spent over N6 trillion on subsidy, money that could have been used for other essential developments

4. Corruption
After the unforgivable lapses in security especially in the north-east, corruption was another factor that Mr. Jonathan couldn’t get a grip on, or deliberately allowed to flourish under his administration. Aides and ministers accused of corruption were either shielded or allowed to stay in their position.
The granting of presidential pardon to former governor of Bayelsa State, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, who was convicted of money laundering, sparked outrage among Nigerians. He also did nothing, until too late, when former Aviation Minister, Stella Uduah, bought two armoured BMW cars for N255 million. When he eventually acted, he only removed the former minister from office without ordering or calling for her prosecution.
Also, instead of investigating the alleged N20 billion the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Lamido Sanusi, said was missing from the accounts of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Mr. Jonathan hounded him out of office.

5. Crude oil theft
During the Jonathan administration, pirates and crude oil thieves were lords. Pirates surrounded the Nigerian water ways like water hyacinth stealing crude from the country’s pipelines with little or no hindrance. The ill-equipped and poorly trained navy proved to be grossly incapable of arresting the situation.

Instead of training and adequately equipping the navy and other security agencies to protect the country’s source of wealth, the task of pipeline protection was handed to militias in the Niger Delta and elsewhere for several billions of naira annually. Yet, instead of the theft of oil to decrease it remained a major drain of resources. According to the Chief of Naval Staff, Usman Jibrin, the country lost crude valued more than N1.18 billion daily to oil thieves (N433.62 billion annually).

6. Economy
Mr. Jonathan could not sustain the modest economic growth recorded by his government initially. He could not save for the rainy day when the price of crude oil reached very high levels; subsequently depleting Nigeria’s foreign reserves and incurring a huge debt profile as soon as there was a dip in the price of crude in the international market.
Mr Jonathan inherited as much as $60 billion in foreign reserve but plundered it to as low as $40 billion in five years.
As at June 2014, the country’s external debt rose by 40 per cent to $9.377 billion and a domestic debt of $47.653 billion .
Though inflation was kept at a single digit, it was a faux strength as companies struggled to survive and the country continually ranked poorly in the ease of doing business index by the World Bank.
Despite his promises, again he could not revive the manufacturing sector. Companies complained of incurring huge cost due to their reliance on diesel. The textile industry remained moribund. Poverty remained widespread and youth employment was at an all time high.

7. Foreign Relations
Under Mr. Jonathan, Nigeria’s foreign relations was in sixes and sevens. There was no clear foreign relation direction as the country gradually lost its clout in the international community.
Nigeria was left with a bloody nose after the South African government seized its $15 million arms money illegal brought into South Africa in cash. At the twilight of Mr Jonathan’s administration, the South African government also ridiculed Nigeria’s shoddy recall of her ambassador to South Africa following the xenophobic violence there.

Also, the Moroccan government recalled its ambassador to Nigeria after officials of the latter’s foreign ministry lied about a telephone conversation between Mr Jonathan and King Mohammed VI of Morocco.

8. Education
The Jonathan government showed some signs that it was interested in turning around the education sector by increased budgetary allocations and other acts; but this did not make much impact.
Nigeria still has the highest number of children out of school in the world; while for close to an academic session, the country’s universities were shut due to the government’s refusal to meet the demands of striking university teachers.
The country’s universities were still as dilapidated as at the time he assumed office while the new ones set up fared no better. Hundred of thousands of polytechnic students stayed at home for about one year due to no fault of theirs, same for those in colleges of education.
Standards in the country’s universities and other colleges virtually fared no better than Mr. Jonathan met them.

9. Health
Many Nigerians still die of preventable diseases such as cholera and dysentery. Infant and maternal mortality may have reduced during the Jonathan administration, but they are still among the highest in the world. At least 65 out of every 1000 Nigerian children die before their fifth birthday. For every 100,000 live births, more than 224 mothers lost their lives.
The National Health Insurance Scheme is yet to be fully operational while hospitals have become so bad that some politicians travel abroad to treat common illnesses.
Health workers are consistently demanding for better welfare and hospitals are sometimes shut for weeks due to industrial action and the agitation by health workers for better equipments and further training.

10. Mining
While the country binged on oil, the less fancied but lucrative mining sector was virtually neglected and left unregulated.
The sector was taken over by illegal miners who cashed in on government’s complete neglect of the sector sometimes with devastating repercussions on host communities. Hundreds of Nigerian children died due to outbreaks of lead poisoning in states like Zamfara and Niger State due to artisan mining.
Email

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Honoured By Unilag Alumni (Photos) / Disturbing Photos Of How Crowded Kano Market Is Today / Eyewitness Account Of How Ipob Killed Dora Akunyili Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.