Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife (37876 Views)

Viral Lady In Royal Outfit Is NOT New Ooni Of Ife’s Wife (more Photos) / Canada At 150: Ooni Of Ife & Wife Land In Canada. See How They Were Received / Ooni Of Ife's Wife, Wuraola Is Pregnant, Flaunts Baby Bump (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by sweetcocoa(f): 11:40pm On Jun 18, 2016
femi4:
I mean choose profession because you have passion for it. Don't let your motivation of going into a particular field be "I going there to compete with men".

And I wonder why any one would go into a profession for the sole purpose of competing with another, doesn't make any sense.

Is there a report that, women go into professions solely to compete with men?

1 Like

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by doll912(f): 12:03am On Jun 19, 2016
NevetsIbot:
we are unequal because of our roles!! Imagine a balance, one part for men, the other for women... Now take all the responsibilities of a man andd load it up on the mans side, then take that of the woman and load itt up too... The heavier one goes down, thee lighter one goes up.... Men were made to take a lot of responsiblities cos they were given more value. Get it?

Still aren't making any point
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by doll912(f): 12:04am On Jun 19, 2016
NevetsIbot:
i wanna say a worrd here but i'm afraid i'll get banned. Biatch!!!!!!!

Lol. If you were trying to insult me, you just failed. U can't just do anything right can you? So much for being a "Man"
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by doll912(f): 12:06am On Jun 19, 2016
sukkot:
how can we be equal ? I pee standing up and you pee sitting down. there is no equality in dat naw. you bleed once a month and I dont. you have breast and I dont. where the equality na ?

So Those are your reasons? Oya go to bed.... you are drowsy.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by doll912(f): 12:11am On Jun 19, 2016
geesilver:

Well, tallk is cheap otherwise who would authorise stinking mouth of yours to make a senseless contribution in an issue of this sensitivity, I don't blame you if you ever have a husband you would never dare to reply me in such a manner........and who knows may be you ve one and u don't respect him, how would u respect others
@ times I pity people with. Such low thinking faculty trying hard to make fool of themselves publicly, I pity the man dat wil marry u

Ouch! Someone is burnt. Don't take it too hard eh! And oh, by the way, I've got lots of respect for those who deserve it. It's social media sweetie.... so yes, talk is cheap!
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by doll912(f): 12:18am On Jun 19, 2016
cr7lomo:

B4 I say anything to you, show me uv grown some balls which u can't unfortunately...

What is this one saying?
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Luckymay(f): 12:25am On Jun 19, 2016
HaneefahRN:
She is inferior to her driver nau, no be man?
Of course she is INFERIOR* to her driver (if that's how you put it) . We are talking about gender not status.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by leahcimzil: 1:47am On Jun 19, 2016
Goin through this thread again, and i just realised that most of this girls forming Feminist dont even know what they are on about....please stay away from stupid people that pretend to know
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by amacastel: 2:12am On Jun 19, 2016
amtaken:
Keep looking for gender equality when the our Creator asked us to be submissive to our husbands.

There is nothing a man can achieve in Nigeria to a woman cannot.

You people are not looking for any gender equality rather you are looking for something else. Leave our young girls alone. Stop confusing them.
Madam gender equality has nothing to do with the way husband and wife live their daily life is all about giving both gender equal opportunity in community devpt both,morally ,educationally,psychologcally .eg in most part of this country female child don't get quality education eg alamjiri sch is only for. Boys while the young girls will be married off to a man that is old enough to be her grand father as a settlemen of credit incured by her father without her mother having a say in it ,isit not 1 of d height of gender enslavement,girl child don't get share of her parents property esp in our eastern part of the country cos she is a girl, do u knw that many of our children are victims of rape both male and female we only get to knw that of female and society sees the boys rape as a normal thing .with gender equality both rape cases will be address a such ,
Gender equality make both man and woman to respect each others role in the devpt of the community.Gender equality didnot say u shld not summit and respect ur husband rather it coincident respect and role mastering .
I strongly advice u Google abt gender equality to learn more ignorance is the worst disease on Planet earth.tnks
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by geesilver(m): 5:01am On Jun 19, 2016
doll912:

Ouch! Someone is burnt. Don't take it too hard eh! And oh, by the way, I've got lots of respect for those who deserve it. It's social media sweetie.... so yes, talk is cheap!
If only u practice what u preach,its a good one. Am out.......peace.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Thoughty2(m): 5:21am On Jun 19, 2016
Women are not inferior to men. Women are only different from men. Just as any two parts of our body is different but are all equally important
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by yettidear(f): 5:33am On Jun 19, 2016
I think the Queen should have taken time to research this topic before flying all the way to US. She heard gender-equality and she took the word 'equality' literally. We need to really be educated on the topic.

According to my quick research on the topic,"gender equality is the measurable equal representation of women and men. Gender equality does not imply that women and men are the same, but that they have equal value and should be accorded equal treatment. The United Nations regards gender equality as a human right".

As for gender equity, "it is the process of allocating resources, programs and decision-making fairly to both males and females. This requires ensuring that everyone has access to a full range of opportunities to achieve the social, psychological and physical benefits that come from participating and leading in sport and physical activity. It does not necessarily mean making the same programs and facilities available to both males and females. Gender equity requires that girls and women be provided with a full range of activity and program choices that meet their needs, interests and experiences".

See the links below for more info on the topic;
http://www.caaws.ca/gender-equity-101/what-is-gender-equity/
http://www.ippf.org/static/GenderReport/index.html
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by LuckyLadolce(m): 6:38am On Jun 19, 2016
fatdick:
You have a poor comprehension skill. Bye
fatdick baba.. Wa bayi (you shall earn respect). Na one of those ugly girls on NL.

1 Like

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by mira4u: 6:45am On Jun 19, 2016
I strongly agree. Women can never be equal to men yet they are not inferior to men. I think that's where the problem lies. The both sexes have their unique qualities/personalities/responsibilities, hence, cannot be equal. None should be treated as inferior tho', whether one is the head and the other should be submissive or not.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by KingEbukaNaija: 6:50am On Jun 19, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Definitely fair.

Please explain smiley
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by NevetsIbot(m): 6:57am On Jun 19, 2016
doll912:

Lol. If you were trying to insult me, you just failed. U can't just do anything right can you? So much for being a "Man"
lol. That's funny. So I have to be loud to be a man uhn? I get the feeling that you're gay.... What made you this way?

Anywho. I care less. Stop hating on men. It's not our fault that we're flawless
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by NevetsIbot(m): 6:58am On Jun 19, 2016
doll912:

Still aren't making any point

Everyone know airhead will weigh nothing when balanced beside one full of ideas and dreams. Get a life and stop hating
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by aremed(m): 7:04am On Jun 19, 2016
only a well trained,responsible lady will agree to what the Olori said but awon omo WOBE WOBE would want to be equal with their FATHER self....useless ones....Mtchewwwwwwwww
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by HaneefahRN(f): 7:27am On Jun 19, 2016
bigass123:
Inferior ?? shocked shocked
Is that all you could make of this post? I'm sorry you need to go back to school. I'm very serious here.
When God created Adam and then created eve to complement Adam and commanded her to submit to her husband.. You think HE was stoop!d?
When you give birth to kids ... Your kids honour you as parents does that make them less of a human or inferior to you?
This is the reason women can't maintain decent homes these days... Marriages crash after a year or 2.
Most y'all engage in power tussle with your husbands.. You want control the home which is never "jurisdiction" as a woman in the home. It is not your role to lead the home.. You're to advice and support his decisions.
The reason for this anomally is not far fetched.. Most y'all are educated illiterates and lack basic home training.
Y'all are disgrace to your mothers.. If she was a feminist fighting for equality.. Y'all won't have a home to grow in and call your own. Y'all need to have a rethink.
Quote me and die of leprosy within 7days.

I don't want to insult early in the morning so be careful.
I will quote whoever I like, you can be afflicted with leprosy since it's in your destiny.

According to you Almighty literate, gender equality revolves round, husband and wife? You clearly don't understand my POV so you can run along now with your ramblings. Save the sermon for your daughters
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by amtaken(f): 7:33am On Jun 19, 2016
Do such things still happen now?
amacastel:

Madam gender equality has nothing to do with the way husband and wife live their daily life is all about giving both gender equal opportunity in community devpt both,morally ,educationally,psychologcally .eg in most part of this country female child don't get quality education eg alamjiri sch is only for. Boys while the young girls will be married off to a man that is old enough to be her grand father as a settlemen of credit incured by her father without her mother having a say in it ,isit not 1 of d height of gender enslavement,girl child don't get share of her parents property esp in our eastern part of the country cos she is a girl, do u knw that many of our children are victims of rape both male and female we only get to knw that of female and society sees the boys rape as a normal thing .with gender equality both rape cases will be address a such ,
Gender equality make both man and woman to respect each others role in the devpt of the community.Gender equality didnot say u shld not summit and respect ur husband rather it coincident respect and role mastering .
I strongly advice u Google abt gender equality to learn more ignorance is the worst disease on Planet earth.tnks
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by CAPSLOCKED: 7:52am On Jun 19, 2016
DollyParton1:

No. Women are the superior gender.

I'UD ALSO LOVE TO SEE THAT, BUT DOLLY DARLING. .EVEN YOU WILL HATE THE WORLD.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by loswhite(m): 8:34am On Jun 19, 2016
banmee:

Read through my posts. We can never be equal until we accept equal responsibility. I needed to say what i said because to a Nigerian man living in Nigeria, "know our roles" means the same thing as "i am your master and you are my slave". We are partners.
A lot of Nigerian men treats their wives with respect. the fact that some treat their wives less doesn't mean that Nigerian men see their wives as slave. I think you have a wrong view of Nigerian men.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by sukkot: 9:29am On Jun 19, 2016
doll912:

So Those are your reasons? Oya go to bed.... you are drowsy.
grin
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by CallMeBIRA(f): 9:31am On Jun 19, 2016
vargasvictory:

www.dailypost.ng/2016/06/18/relationships-suffer-because-women-want-to-be-men-we-cant-be-equal-ooni-of-ifes-wife/
Nice speech but I feel the bill should focus on giving equal opportunities as men in any field of study and employers should stop trying to get into the pants of ladies before giving them jobs and ladies,please before you talk abt equality you have to build yourself up adequately,thank you.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Ifebazz(m): 9:38am On Jun 19, 2016
banmee:

You've never lived in Africa/Nigeria. I can tell. Women in Nigeria are often treated as slaves. A man could beat the living shiit outta a woman and nothing would happen. A man can decide tomorrow to tell his wife to leave his house for any reason imaginable and nothing would happen. Abi i lie?
Yes you lied.
I have lived in Nigeria for most part of my life, I don't see women treated as slaves except she is into sadomasochism or BDSM. Yes men get physical sometimes, but that is not peculiar to just Nigeria or Africa alone. If women were fighting for inheritance issues, female genital mutilation, domestic violence etc it would be a lot more logical.
But just a minute, what do these feminists really want? That women should start wearing trousers or that women should start paying groom price?
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Ifebazz(m): 9:46am On Jun 19, 2016
CallMeBIRA:
Nice speech but I feel the bill should focus on giving equal opportunities as men in any field of study and employers should stop trying to get into the pants of ladies before giving them jobs and ladies,please before you talk abt equality you have to build yourself up adequately,thank you.
In a previous thread bordering around this same topic, I asked a simple question that the feminists and overcivilized men are yet to answer me. What careers do men have undue advantage over women just because they're women? Name just ONE.
You concluded very well, you have to update yourself to be at par with me to vie for same opportunities. That is what the lazy feminists are always intentionally overlooking.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Ifebazz(m): 10:02am On Jun 19, 2016
yettidear:
I think the Queen should have taken time to research this topic before flying all the way to US. She heard gender-equality and she took the word 'equality' literally. We need to really be educated on the topic.

According to my quick research on the topic,"gender equality is the measurable equal representation of women and men. Gender equality does not imply that women and men are the same, but that they have equal value and should be accorded equal treatment. The United Nations regards gender equality as a human right".

As for gender equity, "it is the process of allocating resources, programs and decision-making fairly to both males and females. This requires ensuring that everyone has access to a full range of opportunities to achieve the social, psychological and physical benefits that come from participating and leading in sport and physical activity. It does not necessarily mean making the same programs and facilities available to both males and females. Gender equity requires that girls and women be provided with a full range of activity and program choices that meet their needs, interests and experiences".

See the links below for more info on the topic;
http://www.caaws.ca/gender-equity-101/what-is-gender-equity/
http://www.ippf.org/static/GenderReport/index.html
So who has been denying them those in Nigeria? Apart from the Muslims and their cultures that support such division what are your actual claims that have not been in place courtesy of Nigeria constitution? Is there any legal documents that alienates women based on gender?
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by nandestan: 10:20am On Jun 19, 2016
I think some Nigerian women totally miss the point when issues of gender equality are discussed.
As a man i should be happy with the position of the Ooni' wife but i beg to differ.
Truth is that the world is evolving and as long as continue to exist in that state of flux,
we cannot extricate and insulate ourselves from global events.
Its unfortunate that women who are the primary beneficiary of the bill are the most dominant force to see its demise
The Gender and equal opportunity bill seeks to emancipate woman from stereotypes, empower them economically and politically.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by CallMeBIRA(f): 10:23am On Jun 19, 2016
Ifebazz:

In a previous thread bordering around this same topic, I asked a simple question that the feminists and overcivilized men are yet to answer me. What careers do men have undue advantage over women just because they're women? Name just ONE.
You concluded very well, you have to update yourself to be at par with me to vie for same opportunities. That is what the lazy feminists are always intentionally overlooking.
It depends on the aspect of feminism you are looking at,women engineers are not allowed to work at sites because they lack the 'strength' to do so,I'd suggest snail sense feminism rather than radical feminism
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 19, 2016
Pinocchioo:

lol, bros u wicked o
grin

No oh, I have a heart of gold grin

Happy Sunday dear
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by amacastel: 1:02pm On Jun 19, 2016
amtaken:
Do such things still happen now?

Yes it happens alot and there is no law protecting gender making it look like a normal thing, am a health professional and counsellor so am talking to u from experiences my clients shared to me somehow am a victim too. U ar lucky to have a man that understands wot gender equality is all about and treats u with respect accord to u dosent mean other women don't respect their husband . I hope u knw that oni of ife is wourola 4th marriage do u think she is loyal as she presume and kepton getting married to different men in her late thirties .

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Madam Efunroye Tinubu Aided Abolishment Of Slave Trade In 1800s / Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price / Ife Chiefs Announce Ooni’s Death Formally (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.