Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife (37959 Views)

Viral Lady In Royal Outfit Is NOT New Ooni Of Ife’s Wife (more Photos) / Canada At 150: Ooni Of Ife & Wife Land In Canada. See How They Were Received / Ooni Of Ife's Wife, Wuraola Is Pregnant, Flaunts Baby Bump (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by yettidear(f): 1:06pm On Jun 19, 2016
@ifebazz, I don't understand your question o.

I only gave the proper definition of gender equality and equity which is often mistaken as gender roles like in the Queen's comments.

Gender roles in marriage and society is different from gender equality. There are two different things entirely.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by doll912(f): 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
NevetsIbot:
lol. That's funny. So I have to be loud to be a man uhn? I get the feeling that you're gay.... What made you this way?

Anywho. I care less. Stop hating on men. It's not our fault that we're flawless

I'm too well rounded and liberal minded to hate. Flawless? Last time I checked, it was Beyonce's catch word as a woman... something I'm proud I am too.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Ifebazz(m): 3:13pm On Jun 19, 2016
yettidear:
@ifebazz, I don't understand your question o.

I only gave the proper definition of gender equality and equity which is often mistaken as gender roles like in the Queen's comments.

Gender roles in marriage and society is different from gender equality. There are two different things entirely.
So what the hell is gender equality that we still don't know and have not observed before?
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Ifebazz(m): 3:41pm On Jun 19, 2016
CallMeBIRA:
It depends on the aspect of feminism you are looking at,women engineers are not allowed to work at sites because they lack the 'strength' to do so,I'd suggest snail sense feminism rather than radical feminism
You see the hypocrisy in this feminist agenda ba? Female Engineers are not allow to work at sites, now is it segregation or for their own safety or consideration on part of male? How many women would like to climb masts? How many would want to work all night save for nurses whose jobs are subtle in a way? How many would prefer to confront Boko Haram brothers in Sambisa? How many would prefer sailing as a job? How many would like to be pilots? How many would be masons? How many would like to be full-time politicians? How many would like to be heavy duty drivers? How many female policemen would like to be on the check points looking out for armed robbers? How many feminists would feel safe with a female bodyguard and security outfits? How many would like to do deep sea diving as a profession? How many would prefer paying the groom price? How many feminists would even pay for an outing with a guy?
You know, it's very easy to sit behind your computer system and tell the world how civilized you are, in reality, you know how foolish it sounds. If your mum really was a feminist, you all would be kids with mums and no dads or one of those babies from 'baby mamas'.
We don't need to wait, it is already happening. The rate of divorces in Nigeria is growing geometrically. Keep it up. Future generation girls will only be vessels for babies, not wives. Many ladies deceive themselves that life not about marriage alone, they cry to sleep every night while the so called naive ones have a great family and a loving or not-so-loving husband to return to.
Do you think the overcivilized western world are happier than Africans? If they are, how come the suicide rate there is like 10 times that here? They have everything we yearn for, right? But are they happier? Their women throw their men out of the man's house at the slightest provocation, yet, the women still fight for the man to be the care giver for her and the kids, even when she's remarried. You think she's happy?
Abeg all you men haters should just repent of your wayward ways and come back to the light of truth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Apelex(m): 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ifebazz:

You see the hypocrisy in this feminist agenda ba? Female Engineers are not allow to work at sites, now is it segregation or for their own safety or consideration on part of male? How many women would like to climb masts? How many would want to work all night save for nurses whose jobs are subtle in a way? How many would prefer to confront Boko Haram brothers in Sambisa? How many would prefer sailing as a job? How many would like to be pilots? How many would be masons? How many would like to be full-time politicians? How many would like to be heavy duty drivers? How many female policemen would like to be on the check points looking out for armed robbers? How many feminists would feel safe with a female bodyguard and security outfits? How many would like to do deep sea diving as a profession? How many would prefer paying the groom price? How many feminists would even pay for an outing with a guy?
You know, it's very easy to sit behind your computer system and tell the world how civilized you are, in reality, you know how foolish it sounds. If your mum really was a feminist, you all would be kids with mums and no dads or one of those babies from 'baby mamas'.
We don't need to wait, it is already happening. The rate of divorces in Nigeria is growing geometrically. Keep it up. Future generation girls will only be vessels for babies, not wives. Many ladies deceive themselves that life not about marriage alone, they cry to sleep every night while the so called naive ones have a great family and a loving or not-so-loving husband to return to.
Do you think the overcivilized western world are happier than Africans? If they are, how come the suicide rate there is like 10 times that here? They have everything we yearn for, right? But are they happier? Their women throw their men out of the man's house at the slightest provocation, yet, the women still fight for the man to be the care giver for her and the kids, even when she's remarried. You think she's happy?
Abeg all you men haters should just repent of your wayward ways and come back to the light of truth.

Well said bro...just well said

1 Like

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Pinocchioo(f): 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
vargasvictory:
grin

No oh, I have a heart of gold grin

Happy Sunday dear
Same to u, na heart of stone ( sandstone)
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by sweetcocoa(f): 7:07pm On Jun 19, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Please explain smiley
What's there the explain, you asked if the men and women deserve equal pay and I said yes, because they are in the same job.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Brainy007: 7:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
badonkadonk:

How can i be a victim, when i am a dude...?

Some boys fit don burst you r yansh na
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by badonkadonk: 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
Brainy007:

Some boys fit don burst you r yansh na

Your myopic thinking has no chills at all...
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by KingEbukaNaija: 8:53pm On Jun 19, 2016
sweetcocoa:
What's there the explain, you asked if the men and women deserve equal pay and I said yes, because they are in the same job.

They are not in the same job . If both male and female play in the same team then you'd be making sense .
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by sweetcocoa(f): 9:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

They are not in the same job . If both male and female play in the same team then you'd be making sense .
Da feck are you talking about?

They both don't play football?
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by CallMeBIRA(f): 4:04pm On Jun 20, 2016
Ifebazz:

And who said women can't do all those things you listed if given the opportunity?I'd suggest you read up on the snow snail feminism theory propounded by Akachi Ezeigbo Adimora.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Ifebazz(m): 5:55am On Jun 21, 2016
CallMeBIRA:
And who said women can't do all those things you listed if given the opportunity?I'd suggest you read up on the snow snail feminism theory propounded by Akachi Ezeigbo Adimora.
You feminists keep using one phrase "if given the opportunity ..." like some dude is with it and looks at your gender before giving you. Welcome to reality kids, nobody 'legally asked' women not to do those things but if you would okay your wife or sisters to do them its your cup of coffee. Many ladies who distinguished themselves in their fields of endeavour are acknowledged every where. First female Mayor of Rome is the youngest ever too. Did anyone 'give her the opportunity'? No, 'she took it'. Nobody gives men opportunities, they fight and scramble for it. If any women feel up to it, its a free for all fight. Go ahead and take it. It comes with a catch though just as that for men, you have families. Whether they are important to you is a different issue.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Olarajee(m): 7:38pm On Jun 21, 2016
HaneefahRN:

That is all I can say. I'm tired of hearing such talks everyday. I have nothing against a man being the head in the home and family structure. And I respect the varying roles each gender plays in the family network.

But don't tell me I am below every, Tom, Dick and Harry cos they were born with di.cks and so gender equality is rubbish. Both gender should have equal opportunities in the Society. Be whatever you want to be, in a good way of course without being discriminated against.
She might see herself as inferior to men, but I don't

All this story? Equity and equality are different. We are different! You can't do what a man can do! Never. A man can not do what you can do.
Equal opportunities of course but we ain't same.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba / Elizabeth Odunlami: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Denies Marriage Promise / Anambra Man's Corpse Abandoned In Taraba For Not Being Member Of Igbo Union (Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.