Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Urhobo People Have Spoken "There Will Be Consequences" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urhobo People Have Spoken "There Will Be Consequences" (1377 Views)

Nigerian Government Warned "There Will Be Consequences" If You Harm IPOB Members / "Buhari Should Have Spoken In English"- Femi Falana Criticises Presidency / If Nigeria Fails To Restructure,their Might Be Consequences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urhobo People Have Spoken "There Will Be Consequences" by Okanokan(m): 1:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
In the communique released recently by Civil/Ethnic Society and Ex-Agitators from Urhoboland it was clearly stated in the last paragraph that;
'Finally it was RESOLVED, that the Urhobo People would no longer hold still, to be treated as an AFTER-THOUGHT, a side issue or a POWERLESS people that can betrayed without consequences. THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES!
It has come to our knowledge, that Urhobo appointee in the Executive Arm of Government in Asaba have become serial betrayers of the URHOBO COMMON CAUSE.
The question on the lips of the Urhobo People is, how come a high powered delegation comprising members of the Federal Executive Council of the Federal Republic of Nigeria would hold a meeting in Asaba on issues relating to Amnesty, Pipeline Surveillance, The oil industry etc and Urhobo People will not be represented? How come only Ijaws and Itshekiris were represented in that meeeting? Whereas oil producing ethnic nationalities like the Ukwanis, Isokos, and even taking issues professionally, ALL LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN DELTA STATE ARE OIL PRODUCING AND BEARING COMMUNITY, because anywhere there is an OIL WELL, 10km East, West, North and South are oil bearing.
For record purpose we restate that Urhobo people in Governor Ifeanyi Okowa Government are in Government because they represent the Urhobo Peoples interest in the Government and not themselves, for this purpose, The Urhobo Liberation Movement, and Urhobo Common Cause, (but not limited) call on Chief Festus Ovie Agas; SSG, All Commissioners of Urhobo extraction both Parternally and Maternally, SA's SSA'S and EA'S to do the needful. We particularly call on Gen Augustine Ogedegbe, and others who pass the STRUGGLE for EQUITY and JUSTICE to live up to the expectation of the Urhobo People or COME BACK HOME! Governor Ifeanyi Okowa appointed them, because he believes they represent the best interest of the URHOBO PEOPLE, so doing otherwise tatamounts to BETRAYAL as thier collective recent action portrays.
For the purposes of further meetings the URHOBO PEOPLE spoke under thier demand, that the following persons should represent the in the ongoing Ministerial Meeting; Gen Augustine Ogedegbe, Okan Obukohwo Okan, Gen Abraham Ekokotu, Gen Solomon Adu, Doghor Emmanuel Ochuko Biakolodi and Urhobo nominee for Secretary of Amnesty Henry Obukohwo Tafri, any concorted names will be unrepresentative and we are at LIBERTY to impose Sanctions and it will be enforce.
For the uptenth time we restate THE URHOBO PEOPLES DEMAND
1) That the Urhobo People supports the call for Dr Felix Tuodolo to be appointed as Coordinator of Amnesty Programme, and likewise the Urhobo Nation presents and DEMANDS the appointment of Henry Obukohwo Tafri Jp as Secretary of Amnesty Programme. That the Pipeline Surveillance Contract must be handled by Urhobo sons and daughters. We state that Urhoboland has more Pipelines than any other ethnic nationality and we are not prepare to trade our RIGHTS to any other ethnic nationality (THE DAYS OF MY MAMA COME FROM HERE IS OVER)
The Amnesty Programme must capture the 14,586 Urhobo people who, though met the Amnesty requirement but were refuse the benefit of Amnesty.
Our Leaders must be made to understand that there will be consequences, Okowa did not appoint them to betray URHOBO COMMON CAUSE!
Re: Urhobo People Have Spoken "There Will Be Consequences" by EMMYLBANKS(m): 1:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
is well...but the urhobo's claim their the fourth most largest ethnic group in nigeria so why can't they be the political heavy weight in delta state just like the hausas' are doing in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Urhobo People Have Spoken "There Will Be Consequences" by mrvitalis(m): 2:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
I can now imagine how Niger Delta Republic will be..... .. .

2 Likes

Re: Urhobo People Have Spoken "There Will Be Consequences" by PehaKaso: 2:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
shocked
Re: Urhobo People Have Spoken "There Will Be Consequences" by Okanokan(m): 2:12pm On Jun 18, 2016
EMMYLBANKS:
is well...but the urhobo's claim their the fourth most largest ethnic group in nigeria so why can't they be the polical heavy weight in delta state just like the hausas' are doing in nigeria

We the Urhobo People are not unmindful of negative effect of serial domination, thats why we keyed into zoning by being our NEIGHBOURS KEEPER!

1 Like

Re: Urhobo People Have Spoken "There Will Be Consequences" by Branzy(m): 2:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
reason urhobos are not violent like Ijaws or itsekiri
Re: Urhobo People Have Spoken "There Will Be Consequences" by drtwist(m): 2:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
My brother! I sometimes looked @ the Urhobo Nation and wept bitterly for the future of our unborn generation! The Urhobo might disappear into the tin air if drastic measures are Not taken by our Urhobo youth....A nation with no single leader that care about the warfare of his people just their pocket and vision less followers! We missed late Senator Pius Ewerido! Even these names ( Augustine Ogedegbe, Okan Obukohwo Okan, Gen Abraham Ekokotu, Gen Solomon Adu, Doghor Emmanuel Ochuko Biakolod) listed by the so called group! What impact have they created in the past? They are only interested in sharing oil allocations criminal to the core. Have u ever Wonder why the progress of our land is stagnant?
Recently I was with Hon Aina Nuredeen representing Ota in ogun state house of assembling and he was seriously concern on how indegiense of Ota will continue benefiting via employment from companies around Ota! And I was asking myself, how many of our urhobo leaders will be that patriotic to their people and not their pocket!
Why is DSC & more only working on paper? You will tell me Obasanjo cause it..The only establishment know by urhobo leaers is how to build hotels and patrol station..they are pushing the youth into 419 job and cultism..
I thought with Festus Keyemo we will have activist that can talk sense into their head.

I weep 4 my Urhobo Nation
I weep mostly 4 those vissionless youth who are supporting these criminals.

Urhobo have to stand up.
God save Urhobo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urhobo People Have Spoken "There Will Be Consequences" by PFRB: 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2016
Urhobo are Igbos.

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola Demolished Mosque In Osun School / Biafrans Refuse To Like His Facebook Page Mark Zucker / Rochas Okorocha Meets Muslim Community In Sokoto At Sultan's 10th Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.