Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality (58610 Views)

Desmond Elliot And Uche Jombo's Throwback Photo / Uche Jombo And Her Son At Vegas Poolside Birthday Party [PICS] / Baba Dee Lends Support To Olori Wuraola's Over Her Speech On Gender Equality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
What I believe is irrelevant . There are so many accounts of God so it depends which one you subscribe to . But the tale about God making man first is not one shared by everyone and since it cannot be proven it is better confined to you and your club members. Let us not start unnecessary arguments about God and stick to the topic with facts that we can verify or all agree on and not ancient sentiments
m

The laughable thing about you is that you don't and cannot boast of a concrete belief or idea about how we got here.

You say it's not verifiable that God created Adam. That's because you are not a good student of history.

But what do you know. According to the bolded part of your quote, you really don't have belief because you are too lazy to seriously think about one.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
Uche Jumbo just made an ar.$e of herself.

Nobody is going to pay her less as a woman if she does the same job as a male collegue, this society has moved beyond that level already.

Equality in the home is more subtle than 'gender equality' It's a function of mutual respect and individual maturity, a man cannot function as a woman and a woman cannot function as a man, that's why one has a pu. $$y and the other has a d!ck. We can support each other but at the basics we're built differently for different primary purposes. We build on the basics and we build each other.

If she wants to be Queen Elizabeth she should incarnate as a Briton in her next life. Even at that Britain is not a democracy so every British woman is not born with the chance to become the Queen. So much for equality.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by muh4lyf(m): 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
I'd pay your bride price and you'd come claiming equality, your father... Let them pass the shitty bill and sign it. People have been going to registry and getting married and men are still getting married to more than one wives... Let them pass it, we would always be African.....
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by nkechiasogwa(f): 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
It's very obvious, Uche did not understand what the queen said. Some of Uche's statements still tilts towards what the queen has said. Why this noise from Uche?

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
Most women can't decide what colour to wear except a man tells them and you want them to decide the components of marriage?
Slavery is when your master strips and rapes you repeatedly and you work for 18 hours everyday. No TGIF,no vacation,no happy birthdays or girls night out.
You might not be less better,intelligent,smart or wiser but you sure are not that strong. Don't tell me about emotional strength, a man will beat the hell out of you if you talk trash just the same way he will beat a fellow man who talks trash.
On virginity,nature gave you hymen and left men without a virginity detector grin You can file a suit at nature's court or go for Hymenorrhaphy.
Break the glass ceiling and watch as the shards come down on you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Odunharry(m): 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
ALAYORMII:
They will be forming gangster online but kneel down and beg their husband inside the house for money for upkeep.

They claim gender equality when it suits them but switch when it doesn't.

Who dem epp
I tire o

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by XaviDayo(m): 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
foladara777:
All of you trying to diss Uche Jombo or whatever her name is, don't forget that she has made her own way and name in this world.. The queen might be respected but primarily as a wife of somebody...
Should there be gender equality? Hell yeah. Women should have as many opportunities as men do. Gone are the days when physical strength was the main determinant of value to the society, these days, it is intellect, hard work and aptitude. This doesn't prevent the woman from being submissive to her husband, it only makes sure that the submission is not borne out of inferiority complex or reduced sense of worth
U guys think itz coincidental that the most backwards continents are Africa and Asia, where women's perceived value are lowest?

Nobody can put down a woman who knows what she is doing or plans to do. A woman who tries to give lame excuses about being disadvantaged is already a loser. Abike Dabiri started as an NTA(Check the station, not even channels o) staff and quickly worked her way into politics. Why dint she join the band wagon of sexist like Jumbo to be chorusing shit. We can never be equal. Saying we backward as a continent because of this is just #lame

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by omonnakoda: 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
AgricSalt:
m

The laughable thing about you is that you don't and cannot boast of a concrete belief or idea about how we got here.

You say it's not verifiable that God created Adam. That's because you are not a good student of history.

But what do you know. According to the bolded part of your quote, you really don't have belief because you are too lazy to seriously think about one.
Laughable thing about me? So we are now into insults and leaving the matter? Let us not go there because I will start with your mother and father at home. Revert to the matter we are discussing this is not personal so leave me out of it. Learn how to debate differences in opinion without rudeness

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by davisky: 6:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
Why are we paying dowry then if you are claiming gender equality?

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by pweetyphola(f): 6:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
TooNoisy:
Inferiority complex is Uche's problem and that of other feminists.

The Olori said women are not equal to men. She never said men are superior, she never said women should be slaves to any man. All she said was that both men and women have major roles to play. What is wrong in that?

She does not support the gender equality bill because she does not see the need for it. Men and women were created differently; it does not mean women are inferior!

Uche is trying hard to be relevant!

Touche!!! grin grin grin You can't see me i know but i really did clap for you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by eoadeniji(m): 6:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
Scatterscatter:
Mumu talk every where.

Peeps, I'm sorry I'll have to come from the religious point of view here:

God created us equal but He made the man "the head" just as Christ is the head of the church.

The wife is the man's responsibility; for this reason, it is written in the Bible that a man that can't provide for his family is worse than an infidel.

Women respect your husband and you husband, love your wife,. So says the Bible.

The family is the first institution created by God and it is through this institution He intends to populate and replenish the earth, raising children that will be God fearing and responsible.
The Devil's assignment aside to kill, steal and destroy is also to attack the family institution.
One of illuminati's grand plan is to reduce world population and the feminism trend that is all around is part of the plan of the devil.

If you attack the family, the church will be weak, the children will be rebellious, the home will be in shambles and the world at large will be easy for the devil to manipulate.

Ever wondered why divorce and depression rate is higher in the developed countries despite the booming economy?

My dear feminist, every man is egoistic that is the reason a man that is in love with is wife, either responsible or not will go to any length to provide for is home simple because he doesn't want another man to take his place. God put the ego in man for a reason(to work harder to earn more for the family and also to defend his famiky) ever wondered why the man will lock-up the children and wife in the room while he goes out to face the armed robbers even if it a suicide mission.

The moment you challenge a man or you aim to be equal with him, trust me u'll never get the best from that man.

Women, learn to love, respect and trust your men.
You married him because you know he is capable to lead, don't drag the steering with him.

Offer words of encouragement, advice, support, take care of him because he is your big baby, and don't ever make him feel less than the man of the home.

Dear Nlanders, let's all pray against the wave of feminism and let's pray for more love and understanding in the home.

God bless you all

SCATTERSCATTER DON COME BACK AGAIN God bless the hands that has typed this!
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by foladara777(m): 6:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
ziddy:
Uche Jumbo just made an ar.$e of herself.

Nobody is going to pay her less as a woman if she does the same job as a male collegue, this society has moved beyond that level already.

Equality in the home is more subtle than 'gender equality' It's a function of mutual respect and individual maturity, a man cannot function as a woman and a woman cannot function as a man, that's why one has a pu. $$y and the other has a d!ck. We can support each other but at the basics we're built differently for different primary purposes. We build on the basics and we build each other.

If she wants to be Queen Elizabeth she should incarnate as a Briton in her next life. Even at that Britain is not a democracy so every British woman is not born with the chance to become the Queen. So much for equality.
Actually, you are the one who made an a*** of yourself... In most parts of the world even developed countries, women are generally paid less for doing d same work. Pls carry out a little research

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by XaviDayo(m): 6:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
jon1:
Most women can't decide what colour to wear except a man tells them and you want them to decide the components of marriage?
Slavery is when your master strips and rapes you repeatedly and you work for 18 hours everyday. No TGIF,no vacation,no happy birthdays or girls night out.
You might not be less better,intelligent,smart or wiser but you sure are not that strong. Don't tell me about emotional strength, a man will beat the hell out of you if you talk trash just the same way he will beat a fellow man who talks trash.
On virginity,nature gave you hymen and left men without a virginity detector grin You can file a suit at nature's court or go for Hymenorrhaphy.
Break the glass ceiling and watch as the shards come down on you.

WellSaid. Ose.....
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by chidozieikeji2: 6:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
@ olori wuraola may God bless u and may u see ur great grand children @ uche jumbo continue forming that ur useles gender equality nobody cares with time u will know that its childish brain that made u to make that useless statement

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by omonnakoda: 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2016
TooNoisy:
Inferiority complex is Uche's problem and that of other feminists.

The Olori said women are not equal to men. She never said men are superior, she never said women should be slaves to any man. All she said was that both men and women have major roles to play. What is wrong in that?

She does not support the gender equality bill because she does not see the need for it. Men and women were created differently; it does not mean women are inferior!

Uche is trying hard to be relevant!
In some ways they both are saying the same thing differently. I do not see how you make the leap to "inferiority complex" That may or may not be her problem,who knows? but WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE in what she said? I do not see it

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by neocortex: 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2016
kennygee:

So because Wura is the Yeyeluwa, everyone should take whatever she says, hook, line and sinker without having their own opinion?
This has nothing to do with "Yeyeluwa" title.
The term "gender equality" sounds nice but its
consequence are far reaching.
It is a subversive attempt to turn men into unthinking robots.

Every body agrees that discrimination based on sex is wrong and
and immoral(and that is what the first wave feminism was based on).

But the feminists we have now wants more than equality, they want
slaves who will obey whatever they want.

I am not be deceived by the "equal education" and "equal opportunity"
being peddled around by the pseudo-feminists, that is just a means
to an end as their ultimate aim is to destroy the family unit.

Let women marry the type of men they like instead of demanding
that all men behave the same way.

If you prefer a house-husband, don't marry a constant traveller and
later cry foul that he is not always around to help you at home.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sparkleRed(f): 6:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
Abeg abeg angry who be olori who knew her be4 d olori title Abeg Abeg was it nt d same wuraola Amina wareva dat re story was all over nl be4 Adeyeye married her dnt even rate her and uche on same scale ha class just started recently on her becoming d Olori mtchewww

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by XaviDayo(m): 6:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
foladara777:

Actually, you are the one who made an a*** of yourself... In most parts of the world even developed countries, women are generally paid less for doing d same work. Pls carry out a little research

Uncle, abeg help....kindly mention the kinds of jobs where Men are paid more and both put in same effort. Secondly, give us examples of countries practicing this allegation of urs!!!
Gracias

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by naijamakossa(m): 6:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
kennygee:

Uche never argued that the Man isn't the head of the home, only that women should not be seen as lesser than men.

Both parties have different roles and responsibilities. A woman's roles is even more hectic than a man's, even tho the man has authority and is Lord over the woman.

It is quick and easy for African men to say "I'm the man of the house, I'm the Lord". But what does the bible say about the duties of husband and wife, Men are to love their wives like Christ loved the church, so much that Christ gave his life for the church. Wives are to submit, under this love that this husband gives.

A man who loves his wife won't see her as a subject, but as a team mate.

I think that's what Uche is trying to say.
stop quoting the bible,you are not a true christian

go to every home with a successful marriage,you will find out that the woman is submissive to her husband

it is because of this equal right that we have many broken homes today

I no blame you because Satan have been using women to destroy the world right from time of Adam and eve

I pity your marriage

I still pray that God to give me someone like my mom to marry.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by eoadeniji(m): 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
bebe2:

dats not wat am saying. but this idea they are selling is destroying young minds.

men and women are not equal.

every organisation has a hierachy and the Man shud be the top in a home.
na correct lady u be!

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Efe3: 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
Araoluwa005:
Uche, remember say shoe get sizes o. the Olori(Queen) can never come so low to answer you

but your fetish queen can stoop so low to saying that women are inferior to men.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by anonymousreport: 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
There is a difference between equality and equity. Equity is what women should be fighting for. The "FACT" is no two people are born equal but they can both have equity.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by bobkezel(m): 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
Her first statements were ok, but the last ones where she dragged the queen of ife into it is uncalled for. So therefore, uche jombo u need to receive some sense, ur sense reserve is depleting fast.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
foladara777:

I smell a feminist cheesy

Dont allow your activism tamper with your brain though, notice I said 'this society' i never referred to the world in general. Use your brain please.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by 989900: 6:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
Tiskified:
Men, treat women with respect, not as [b]objects for sexually gratification, [/b]not as senseless creatures. Dignify not objectify.
Women treat men with respect, not as rivals.
We are not at war. We condemn all men who maltreat women wherever they may be. We need each other playing our roles. The ear is not more or less important than the arms or the eye or the toes.

I agree with everything you said, but them females be the same ones 'twerking', 'anacondaing', flaunting booty and cleavages, and e.t.c.
cheesy undecided

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
Laughable thing about me? So we are now into insults and leaving the matter? Let us not go there because I will start with your mother and father at home. Revert to the matter we are discussing this is not personal so leave me out of it. Learn how to debate differences in opinion without rudeness

Oga you should've called the guy's belief a belief but you choose to call it "tales". You started the rudeness.

We cannot all be intimidated about our faith. Especially with one having no belief or identity. Or ask yourself 'what is my identity? What do I believe in?'

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
Abeg make una leave wuraola oo!

She's just trying to insure her meal ticket that she successfully landed after jumping from one marriage to another three times. Na her jackpot be this.

I am sure if she was married to any of those men in Nigeria that beat their wives or remorselessly cheat on them or abandon responsibilities completely she won't come out to say this rubbish.

She don marry rich man wey dey fly am go different countries so she is trying her best to keep her marriage by bringing herself down. Everyone knows men get off by running women down.

3 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by eoadeniji(m): 7:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ezeego1:

I am enjoying her already cheesy
lol cheesy thief! Let her husband catch you
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by grandstar(m): 7:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
The head of the woman is the man (1 Cor 11:3) God's wisdom is much superior than anything she has to say (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Anyway, women are not to be abused or maltreated. Rather they should be treated with respect the way Jesus respected them. He first appeared to a woman after his resurrection. (Matthew 7:12)

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by oshaosha2014(m): 7:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
lol
PiccoloBrunelli:
"Watch as they break the glass ceiling, reaching straight for the moon...and beyond...in their Louboutins."

And that, my dear, is how to end an argument. Slay Bae!

If you like don't ga'an learn how to cook. Be forming gender equality.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by hervin(m): 7:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
The gender equality bill is reasonable, good move by NASS. But what about the mentality of the perpetrators? Will it stop all the discrimination? They should be focusing on enlightenment of females I think.

And the mentality of some has to change. You claim we are equal but frown at paying bills or doing majority of the hard work. Seriously? sad

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by omonnakoda: 7:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
anonymousreport:
There is a difference between equality and equity. Equity is what women should be fighting for. The "FACT" is no two people are born equal but they can both have equity.
You are missing the point .the issue here is law so whether no two people are born equal is not the issue. The issue is should everyone have equal rights before the law. There is nothing like Equity of rights
What rights are we talking about here

All human rights
Citizen rights

Should apply EQUALLY to everyone. People are getting hung up on homes and households but that is not an arena that is open to the law. People can manage their lives how they like but are we to say that women cannot aspire to any office in the land? Are we to say women cannot vote? are we to adopt the sharia doctrine that in court the testimony of a woman is less than that of a man?

In law we are talking EQUALITY and not EQUITY

You fail to define what you mean by equity and not equality because I do not think yu know what you mean exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Zubby Michael & Chizzy Alichi Fight Over "A Woman Being King Of Boys" / I Use intimacy gadgets - Ese Eriata / Portable Buys A New House In Ogun (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.