Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,896 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed (12418 Views)

What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? / Why Jesus Needed To Be Born By A Virgin / Reasons Scholars Know Jesus Christ Never Existed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by horlarwhalhe: 10:29pm On Jun 22, 2016
Study your history you will we know the truth

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 23, 2016
DMLords:

I want to agree with you on that point but I find plenty of evidence that nullifies that theory.

South Korea is extremely successful and still extremely religious. In the same manner, Europe and the US prospered while under the burden of religion.

I think a satisfied man is quicker to dismiss religion than a broke one. So, if you want to free people from the "chains" of religion, we need to make them comfortable.

In another note, I find the "build and purchase" business model proposed by ymodulus as a good tool for spreading your faith- Christian, Muslim or atheist. If you build a business for somebody, you will have a certain influence on that person and through that influence,you can promulgate your beliefs and hopefully, catch a convert.

Please note, that this is not an effort to drag you into an argument. I am just more focus on healing our society than a person's beliefs. If people are well fed, clothed, warm with a secured future, they will care less about what goes on in heaven and in hell.
Can U Tell Me The Base On South Korean Religion?? Is It The One Practiced Here In Nigeria That Base On Faith??

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by horlarwhalhe: 8:23am On Jun 23, 2016
Religion is a scam

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 24, 2016
Am Still Waiting For Evidence O undecided
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by ValentineMary(m): 2:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
Lilbrown007:
The City Of Nazareth Did Not Exist During The Time Jesus Is Reputed To Have Been Alive.

The City of Nazareth is old but not Jesus old. Jesus Christ never existed. Jesus was known as the Nazarene, possibly because he is reputed to have been from Nazareth. For many people there is no reason to doubt this claim. Nazareth exists today, an old town with a long history (and one very famous son) but while Nazareth is old, it is not as old as Jesus or even Christianity. The historian Josephus lists all the cities in Galilee from around that time and Nazareth is not on the list. Nazareth is not mentioned in the Epistles, the first books of the New Testament to be written (see above), indeed there is no reference to the name until the Gospels. Excavations of the current day Nazareth and the surrounding area have led to mixed results. Evidence of human activity has been found from around the time when Jesus was alleged to have lived there but this activity was in the form of a necropolis for the dead and not a village in its own right. An alternative translation of the word Nazarene is ‘truth’ and was a name given to a gnostic sect of Christians. It is possible that when the traditions split and the gnostic heritage was excised from Christianity the phrase was reimagined to state that Jesus was from Nazareth which, of course, was by then in existence.
I have reserched this and it is true. Nazareth was founded around 300 AD. That leaves the qus; who the fu*k wrote the gospels

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by ValentineMary(m): 2:36pm On Jun 24, 2016
Nice work Lilbrown007 but I believe Jesus was a teacher like many other rabbi in Isreal but the stories surrounding him were cooked up. Just as they lie about the shroud of Turin, stigmatised saints, incorruptable bodies, the picture of Our lady of Guadalupe, etc. Religion na big scam.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2016
ValentineMary:
Nice work Lilbrown007 but I believe Jesus was a teacher like many other rabbi in Isreal but the stories surrounding him were cooked up. Just as they lie about the shroud of Turin, stigmatised saints, incorruptable bodies, the picture of Our lady of Guadalupe, etc. Religion na big scam.
Yes Of Course He Did Existed But One Thing Am Not Sure Of Yet Is If His Name Was Actuall Jesus Or Something Else

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins
Mat 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel which being interpreted is, God with us.
From This Story From The Bible We Can See That The Writer Was Trying Hard To Mk Stuff Up No One In The Bible Actuall Called Jesus Immanuel But If U Look At That Scripture U Will See "Thou Shall Call His Name Jesus For He Shall Save People From Their Sin And That Was The Message The Writer Was Trying To Pass Indeed They Was A Real Story The Writer Must Have Carved N added His Own Special Effect To
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2016

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 24, 2016
Even A Chair Just One Chair From Jesus We No See

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by joseph1832(m): 4:20pm On Jun 24, 2016
analice107:

Who is this Cow?
A man merely voiced his opinion about Jesus' existence, and you readily hasten to label him a 'cow'. Tell me, do you still believe if given the opportunity, knowing you'll walk away from it, you wouldn't strike down a man for not believing in what you believe?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by analice107: 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2016
joseph1832:
A man merely voiced his opinion about Jesus' existence, and you readily hasten to label him a 'cow'. Tell me, do you still believe if given the opportunity, knowing you'll walk away from it, you wouldn't strike down a man for not believing in what you believe?
Who says I don't have the opportunity to walk away from it? But have I done it? NO.
Joe, I don't want to banter with you, so cool off, but if you come at me, I will he here. Cheers.
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by joseph1832(m): 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2016
analice107:

Who says I don't have the opportunity to walk away from it? But have I done it? NO.
Joe, I don't want to banter with you, so cool off, but if you come at me, I will he here. Cheers.
You did you walk away from it? That's the question, since you couldn't ignore the post, I'm more inclined to believe you might not be able to walk away from something like this, in reality. May be the only reason why you'd walk away is because you know fully well you'll be beaten sh1tless. grin LMAO!.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by analice107: 4:43pm On Jun 24, 2016
joseph1832:
You did you walk away from it? That's the question, since you couldn't ignore the post, I'm more inclined to believe you might not be able to walk away from something like this, in reality. May be the only reason why you'd walk away is because you know fully well you'll be beaten sh1tless. grin LMAO!.
Well. Am not interested in folk like you, so good bye Joe. God bless you.
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Image123(m): 4:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
Anyone doubting the existence of Jesus Christ in this age is gullible, delusional,not well read and misguided.
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by joseph1832(m): 4:56pm On Jun 24, 2016
analice107:

Well. Am not interested in folk like you, so good bye Joe. God bless you.
And may He bless you too.
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
analice107:

Who is this Cow?
Are U No Ashamed Of Disgracing Ur religion Why The Insult??

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2016
Image123:
Anyone doubting the existence of Jesus Christ in this age is gullible, delusional,not well read and misguided.
Common Evidence U Guys Cant Even Bring One So Now Who Is Misguided? Me Or U??
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 24, 2016
Jesus was a political dissident against Roman rule, and preached that the Romans would be overthrown by God’s
kingdom on earth He advocated following the Jewish law completely

He didn’t think he was the son of God He was killed for sedition, just like hundreds before and after him When they asked him if he was the King of the Jews it was basically asking him if he planned on rising against Rome (as King)

After his death the people that took up his cause were split Most, including his brother James, taught that he was the messiah, but that they should absolutely follow the Jewish law completely

Paul thought he was better than the main followers, including James, and taught that Jesus was God, and that he replaced the Jewish law with something different

2Co 11:10 As the truth of Christ is in me, no man shall stop me of this boasting in the regions of Achaia.
2Co 11:11 Wherefore? because I love you not? God knoweth.
2Co 11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
2Co 11:13 For such [are] false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Co 11:22 Are they Hebrews? so [am] I. Are they Israelites? so [am] I. Are they the seed of Abraham? so [am] I.

The main group, including James, basically kicked Paul out of Jerusalem, and he fled to Rome While Paul was banished in Rome, the Jews rose up against the government and got crushed by a giant army. Virtually all Christians and Jews were killed in all of Jerusalem This left Paul in Rome, where he had a resurgence in popularity

The Emperor of Rome converted to Christianity, and the best source of what that meant was Paul–the guy who was banished for teaching precisely the wrong thing

So the modern Christian religion was founded on the exact wrong teachings, i.e. not what Jesus or his followers believed
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Image123(m): 5:48pm On Jun 24, 2016
Lilbrown007:
Common Evidence U Guys Cant Even Bring One So Now Who Is Misguided? Me Or U??

What is your definition of evidence, anything that supports your ignorant stance? Did Paul exist? Was Jesus a political dissident? Did Jesus exist?
Answer the simple questions above and get on the road to sanity and recovery.

edited
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2016
Image123:

What is your definition of evidence, anything that supports your ignorant stance?
Tangible Proof Will Be OK Na
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Image123(m): 5:54pm On Jun 24, 2016
Lilbrown007:
Tangible Proof Will Be OK Na

I've modified the post. What is tangible proof? Is the Bible tangible proof for instance? If no, what makes it intangible? Give examples of tangible proof of events with similar date.
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
Image123:

I've modified the post. What is tangible proof? Is the Bible tangible proof for instance? If no, what makes it intangible? Give examples of tangible proof of events with similar date.
The Bible Is Simply False
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 24, 2016

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 24, 2016
Image123:

What is your definition of evidence, anything that supports your ignorant stance? Did Paul exist? Was Jesus a political dissident? Did Jesus exist?
Answer the simple questions above and get on the road to sanity and recovery.

edited
Evidence, broadly construed, is anything presented in support of an assertion. This support may be strong or weak. The strongest type of evidence is that which provides direct proof of the truth of an assertion.

Yes They Existed But Is No Record Of Anyone Named Jesus His Name Might Be Something Else
Yes Paul Existed But From Ur Bible We Could See That He Contradict Jesus A Lot So Anything Coming From Him Cannot Be Trusted Given The Fact That He Also Has A Hand In The Gosple
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by DMLords: 8:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
cloudgoddess:

According to Wiki, South Korea isn't extremely religious. 46% of their population isn't religious at all, 22% practice Buddhism which is far removed from any Abrahamic religion and is pretty benign (it's focused on awareness of the self and relies on no external gods).

The last 28% is Catholic & Christian, and that can hardly be counted as an huge proportion. In fact, that's less than the amount of Abrahamic practitioners in the Netherlands - a country well-known for it's non-religiousness.

I concur that people in more developed & educated areas let go of religion more readily. But what about when religion itself plays a role in a country's poor conditions & lack of education? When it's feeding into a destructive cycle.

What you'll find in real religious majority countries (I'd say Christianity/Islam 70%+) is that the governments are often corrupt & the people are uneducated, and religion plays a significant role in maintaining that. Religion might negatively affect a country by,

Acting as "opium to the masses", numbing citizens from taking action to solve their problems because of the false hope of god(s) intervening (this is happening to Nigeria now)

Taking money from citizens and the government (via religious establishments, rituals, and offering/tithes) that could be going to projects like better schools, businesses, & housing

Fueling religious wars that cost billions of dollars and many civilian lives; civilians who could be inventing things, starting companies, etc. The wars in the Middle East come to mind

Actively discouraging individuals from certain areas of study/literature (evolutionary biology, astrophysics, philosophy), and thus limiting scientific progress

Taking up collective mental space & energy that could be routed towards innovation, education, & development

Thank you very much for bringing out the statistics. Now here is my reply:

I will begin by apologizing to you for not replying on time. I was outta data.

Now with the stats you presented, 22% are buddhist, 28% are Christians while 46% are not religious ( I am totally relying on your stats here). This means 50% of the population have some form of religion as against the 46% that are not religious. We can say South Koreans are religious.

Nonetheless, if religion doesn't teach a man to dominate the chaos within him, around him and beyond him then the religion is either faulty from its root or it is just being exploited.

I based my argument on the ideal religion. And if I'll use Christianity as an example, true Christianity is rare- or as Lilbrown007 teaches, Christianity was loss long ago. But is Christianity faulty in it self because people do not practice it truly? By no means!
We never knew what it was like!

In the same manner, faith in some form of a god doesn't mean man should 'lazy off' his life or 'faith away' his plans. Centuries ago, Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin and a host of others were faithfuls who were very productive in science and even if some of their discoveries were not in agreement with their personal faith, they still taught it.

My point I guess is this: religion may be inconsistent and may have been manipilated many times over that it comes out as fraud but in Africa, it is even more corrupt and faulty because people aren't empowered to seek illumination. Walters D. Wallace wrote: "one cannot function fully in spirit( a religious word for mind) or in soul( another religious word for consciousness) when his body suffereth starvation and want"

I like to believe that when people have security( food, water, clothes, shelter and a hope for tomorrow), they will begin to use their heads and would seek enlightenment and they will challenge the status quo.

Sorry for my epistle. I am beginning to be like the religious people we are discussing.
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by DMLords: 8:35pm On Jun 24, 2016
Lilbrown007:
Can U Tell Me The Base On South Korean Religion?? Is It The One Practiced Here In Nigeria That Base On Faith??

I did nor mean to make a comparison here. I was just pointing out that though religion is faulty, our people here can't challenge the pastors and imam that sometimes bring them welfare grains and help.

As a matter of fact,most people view religion as some form if insurance. They actively participate in religious programmes with hopes that they get noticed and they receive help from well to do members. Sometimes just the recognition gives them the entrance into places where opportunity may find them.

My point is and still remains that if we intend to free people from the 'chains' of religion we have to give them the hope, faith and opportunities religion affords them else we will have no success and we will just remain the underdog for another millennium.

Please tell me you see my point...
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 24, 2016
DMLords:

I did nor mean to make a comparison here. I was just pointing out that though religion is faulty, our people here can't challenge the pastors and imam that sometimes bring them welfare grains and help.

As a matter of fact,most people view religion as some form if insurance. They actively participate in religious programmes with hopes that they get noticed and they receive help from well to do members. Sometimes just the recognition gives them the entrance into places where opportunity may find them.

My point is and still remains that if we intend to free people from the 'chains' of religion we have to give them the hope, faith and opportunities religion affords them else we will have no success and we will just remain the underdog for another millennium.

Please tell me you see my point...
Yes I See Ur Point
But People Need To Be Able To Seperate Faith From Fact They Are Other Things U Can Have Faith In Ur Friends Ur Family People U Care For Not Some Imaginary Being That Obviously Don't Exist I Saw A Thread The Person Said Why Have Africa/Nigerians Not Keep Our Religion??
If U Ask Most Of The Christian This Question That How Many Of Them Believe That Jesus Is Coming Bk To Take Them To Paradise 100% Will Say They Believe By Faith But Ask Those Same People If They Believe Oduduwa Is Coming Back Some Wont Even Know Who That Is??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Image123(m): 11:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
Lilbrown007:
The Bible Is Simply False

You would not just want me to just quote one Bible verse and leave it at that, or just declare that you are Simply Wrong. Answer my questions intelligently please. Here they are again.
1). What is tangible proof?
2). What makes it intangible or unacceptable to you?
3). Give examples of tangible proof of events with similar date?
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Image123(m): 11:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
Lilbrown007:

Evidence, broadly construed, is anything presented in support of an assertion. This support may be strong or weak. The strongest type of evidence is that which provides direct proof of the truth of an assertion.
Good definition.

Yes They Existed But Is No Record Of Anyone Named Jesus His Name Might Be Something Else
Yes Paul Existed But From Ur Bible We Could See That He Contradict Jesus A Lot So Anything Coming From Him Cannot Be Trusted Given The Fact That He Also Has A Hand In The Gosple

Okay, if i can get you right, Paul and Jesus existed, but Jesus did not exist? No, that cannot be right, that makes no sense. Lemme try again.
Paul and Jesus existed, but the Jesus personality MIGHT have used another name not the name Jesus. i guess this colored is your position. If yes, how do you come to the conclusion that Paul existed, or that this nameless fellow who you seem to have his record existed?
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 25, 2016
Image123:

Good definition.

Okay, if i can get you right, Paul and Jesus existed, but Jesus did not exist? No, that cannot be right, that makes no sense. Lemme try again.
Paul and Jesus existed, but the Jesus personality MIGHT have used another name not the name Jesus. i guess this colored is your position. If yes, how do you come to the conclusion that Paul existed, or that this nameless fellow who you seem to have his record existed?
Am Not In The Position To Prove Anything U Are The One That Suppose To Prove If They Existed Or Not Am An Atheist Not Theist How Can U Ask A Buddhist To Prove If Jesus Exist??
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Image123(m): 10:11pm On Jun 25, 2016
Lilbrown007:
Am Not In The Position To Prove Anything U Are The One That Suppose To Prove If They Existed Or Not Am An Atheist Not Theist How Can U Ask A Buddhist To Prove If Jesus Exist??

Neither are you then in a position to state that Jesus never existed. The onus lies on you, you came out with a thread saying Jesus never existed and all sort of rubbish. If someone tells me that my dad does not exist, or that i stole the money in my bank account, or my childhood was never there. It's either i ignore him and take him as unserious, or he comes with serious proof why he thinks so. It is not my business to be disturbed or stressing myself to prove to him that my dad exists, or my money is mine or my childhood was awesome. The onus is on you, you bring it up.
That your reverse psychology is a lazy one. i've never met a Buddhist chanting every day of his life that Jesus does not exist. If a Buddhist tells me that Jesus does not exist, i will simply ask him whay i asked you. Why do you think/say so? How do you come to the conclusion that Paul existed, or that this nameless fellow who you seem to have his record existed?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Alex Omokudu Of Victorious Pentecoastal Assembly London Remarried / Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection / Apocalyptic End Time Begins In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.