Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed (12412 Views)

What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? / Why Jesus Needed To Be Born By A Virgin / Reasons Scholars Know Jesus Christ Never Existed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 1:30am On Jun 26, 2016
@IMAGE123 ALL THIS RUBBISH U WROTE UP THERE AND U STILL DIDNT MAKE ANY SENSE IF U CANT PROVIDE PROOF THAT JESUS CHRIST DID EXISTED WHY DO U WORSHIP HIM? IS THE SAME REASON A BUDDIST WONT WORSHIP HIM EITHER CAUSE NO PROOF MEANING U ONLY BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIRT THROUGH FAITH AND THAT MEAN U ARE LIVING IN DENIAL U KNOW HE DOESNT EXIST BUT U STILL WORSHIP HIM THATS WHAT FAITH SIMPLY MEANS LIVING IN A LIE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 5:38am On Jun 27, 2016
There're plenty of legitimate reasons to dismiss Christianity as pure nonsense... We do not need to twist facts to accomplish that. The story of his life might not have went down as portrayed in the Bible (of course, not!), but to say he NEVER existed is, to me, quite desperate.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 27, 2016
KingEtienneSky:
There're plenty of legitimate reasons to dismiss Christianity as pure nonsense... We do not need to twist facts to accomplish that. The story of his life might not have went down as portrayed in the Bible (of course, not!), but to say he NEVER existed is, to me, quite desperate.
Notice i changed the topic from jesus to jesus christ??
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Image123(m): 11:33pm On Jun 28, 2016
Lilbrown007:
@IMAGE123 ALL THIS RUBBISH U WROTE UP THERE AND U STILL DIDNT MAKE ANY SENSE IF U CANT PROVIDE PROOF THAT JESUS CHRIST DID EXISTED WHY DO U WORSHIP HIM? IS THE SAME REASON A BUDDIST WONT WORSHIP HIM EITHER CAUSE NO PROOF MEANING U ONLY BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIRT THROUGH FAITH AND THAT MEAN U ARE LIVING IN DENIAL U KNOW HE DOESNT EXIST BUT U STILL WORSHIP HIM THATS WHAT FAITH SIMPLY MEANS LIVING IN A LIE

The onus lies on you little fellow. You brought up a thread stating that Jesus never existed. The reasonable thing is for you to tell us why you think so. How do you come to the conclusion that Paul existed, or that this nameless fellow who you seem to have his record existed?
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 28, 2016
Image123:

The onus lies on you little fellow. You brought up a thread stating that Jesus never existed. The reasonable thing is for you to tell us why you think so. How do you come to the conclusion that Paul existed, or that this nameless fellow who you seem to have his record existed?
Yes, there is historical evidence that Paul was a real person. He is the author of 1 and 2 Corinthians, 1 Thessalonians, Galatians, Romans, etc. As far as I know, no reputable scholar denies the reality of the person Paul. He is credited by historians for being the chief architect of the spread of Christianity to the Greeks in the Roman Empire. Even hard line skeptics such as Robert Price and Bart Ehrman agree that Paul was a real person and that he wrote at least some of the books of the New Testament.
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
And Yes I Just Did My Research And Found Out That Jesus Did Exist But His Name Was Yeshua And Not Jesus!! If U Noticed I Changed The Title Of The Topic To "Jesus Christ"
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 12:57am On Jun 29, 2016
A Jewish man sends his son to Israel to live there for a while. Eventually he returns home and he is now a Christian. The man finds this to be odd and mentions it to his friend.

The friend listens, thinks for a moment and says, "That's odd. I sent my son to Israel as a Jew and he returned as a Christian."
So the two of them went to see the Rabbi.

They told the Rabbi the story of how they had both sent their sons to Israel as Jews, and how both sons had returned as Christians. The Rabbi listened, thought for a minute and then said "That's odd. I also sent my son to Israel as a Jew and he returned as a Christian."

So the three of them decide to go to Israel to find out what's going on over there. The arrive and go straight to the Western Wall to pray. They explain to God all about how they sent their sons to Israel as Jews and how the all returned as Christians."
There is a long silence, and then God begins to speak saying, "That's odd........ "

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Image123(m): 10:19pm On Jul 02, 2016
Lilbrown007:
Yes, there is historical evidence that Paul was a real person. He is the author of 1 and 2 Corinthians, 1 Thessalonians, Galatians, Romans, etc. As far as I know, no reputable scholar denies the reality of the person Paul. He is credited by historians for being the chief architect of the spread of Christianity to the Greeks in the Roman Empire. Even hard line skeptics such as Robert Price and Bart Ehrman agree that Paul was a real person and that he wrote at least some of the books of the New Testament.

So, you believe that Paul existed because some people said so? Okay.
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Image123(m): 10:22pm On Jul 02, 2016
Lilbrown007:
And Yes I Just Did My Research And Found Out That Jesus Did Exist But His Name Was Yeshua And Not Jesus!! If U Noticed I Changed The Title Of The Topic To "Jesus Christ"

Bla bla bla, next time do proper research before coming to confuse the gullible like you. It is common knowledge that Jesus is Jesu in yoruba, and Yeshua/Joshua meaning SAVIOUR in Hebrew. God the Father is also the same One referred to as Jehovah or Yahweh or YHWH.
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by PraiseDLord: 10:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV
http://bible.com/1/1co.1.18.KJV
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 03, 2016
Image123:

Bla bla bla, next time do proper research before coming to confuse the gullible like you. It is common knowledge that Jesus is Jesu in yoruba, and Yeshua/Joshua meaning SAVIOUR in Hebrew. God the Father is also the same One referred to as Jehovah or Yahweh or YHWH.
YEAH And My Research Also State That The Account Of Him In The Gospel Are Also Wrong Some Other Place I Read He Married Mary Magdalene

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 03, 2016
Image123:

So, you believe that Paul existed because some people said so? Okay.
Stop Trying To Play On My Inteligence Bro If U Cant Read Then Go And Learn How To Read
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Richirich713: 6:11am On Jul 03, 2016
Lilbrown007:

U know Bart Ehrman wrote a book a few years ago arguing against Robert Price, Richard carrier, etc view that Jesus didn't exist.
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Raphael81(m): 7:11am On Jul 03, 2016
The fool says in his heart there is no God...
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Richirich713: 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2016
Here's a clip where Bart Ehrman talks about historical jesus :

http://zinkhd.com/video/o4q3WlM9rCI/did-the-historical-jesus-exist-bart-ehrman

Or if u prefer YouTube :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4q3WlM9rCI
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by orunto27: 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2016
This kind of unbelievers' stuffs should have a special section called "Atheists' section".
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 04, 2016
Richirich713:

U know Bart Ehrman wrote a book a few years ago arguing against Robert Price, Richard carrier, etc view that Jesus didn't exist.

Which Of His Book Cause Right Now Am Reading How Jesuse Became God by Bart Ehrman
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 04, 2016
Raphael81:
The fool says in his heart there is no God...
THE Wise Don't Say It In His Heart/Mind The Wise Says It Out Loud
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 04, 2016
orunto27:
This kind of unbelievers' stuffs should have a special section called "Atheists' section".
Lol Y Don't U Create It?? Or Do U Want Seun To Do The Atheist Section Like The Muslim Section That U Will Have To Convert Ur Faith To Atheist B4 U Can View The Section?? It Will Be Written In Ur profile I Am A Proud Atheist
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Rossikki: 12:23am On Jul 04, 2016
Cozystuff:
One major attribute of an atheist;
They claim there is no God but still make all post about God,follow all the post about God, comment on all the post about God in anger to claim there is God in an effort to assure themselves that they are right cos they know deep down they might be fooling themselves.

Disbelief in 'Jesus' does not make one an atheist. Surely you realise this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Rossikki: 12:27am On Jul 04, 2016
DMLords:

Who cares if Jesus existed or not? How is this argument going to be beneficial to the ordinary Nigerian youth that is struggling to get by?

If you are so intelligent, write an expose on how to end poverty and stop worrying yourself about Jesus, God and Religion.

If you have seen any person of faith, whether they believe in Jesus or the turtle around their necks, you will know that no amount of words can deter them.

So bros, write on ending poverty, hunger and disease and leave Jesus, God and their followers to rest.

Atheism is supposed to enlighten one so that he can control the chaos inside him, around him and beyond and not to argue why Jesus never existed and why God is a myth.

You are becoming more like the religious people you write about by trying to convert everyone to atheism. Live and let Live or even better, Live and teach others to Live like boss Ymodulus!

Funny how people like you keep silent when christians evangelize up and down with reckless abandon, only to grow all loud and sensible when someone comes up challenging their nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Richirich713: 4:46am On Jul 04, 2016
Lilbrown007:

Which Of His Book Cause Right Now Am Reading How Jesuse Became God by Bart Ehrman

"Did Jesus Exist?: The Historical Argument for Jesus of Nazareth"
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by DMLords: 8:41am On Jul 04, 2016
Rossikki:

Funny how people like you keep silent when Christians evangelize up and down with reckless abandon, only to grow all loud and sensible when someone comes up challenging their nonsense.

You made conclusions like you know me. Sad! But amma let it pass cause this is just an online forum.

Let me make this point again: I am not an atheist and I can never be one but I am a free thinker believing solely in myself to dictate roles of people and happenstances in my life as much as I can.

Do I listen to christian or Muslim evangelists? No! Will I listen to an atheist evangelist? Hell No!

Why?

Because I believe that everyone is free to seek his own answers and not be coerced or pressured into it.

To be specific, we need forums for christian Muslim atheist and free thinkers and if an individual begins to search for the path of enlightenment, he should seek out those forums himself, ask his questions and make his mind up. Totally his business.

What we need is to get people out of the suffering they dwell in. I just happened to bury a sickle cell kid who died from malaria because his momma didn't have 1500 naira to buy emal( an anti malaria injection for celebral malaria)

So tell me is the woman's primary problems Jesus Mohammed Buddha or "God doesn't exist" that all you atheist and your religious counterparts go preaching about? Not at all!

I careless what you believe as long as we can create a better world together dude.

This year, I intend going from nothing to something. Join me as we walk the part of becoming Gods ourselves then we can finally prove to the world that the gods exists and We are They!

Congratulations on your enlightenment!

CBC Lilbrown007, cloudgoddess et al

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 04, 2016
Richirich713:

"Did Jesus Exist?: The Historical Argument for Jesus of Nazareth"
I Think I Have It
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by DMLords: 9:02am On Jul 04, 2016
Rossikki:

Funny how people like you keep silent when christians evangelize up and down with reckless abandon, only to grow all loud and sensible when someone comes up challenging their nonsense.

Here is my argument from another angle:

Atheism becomes bigotry when it makes prejudicial statements about religious people. Prejudice is prejudice and intolerance is intolerance, and both are irrational regardless of who commits it. Despite its scientific pretensions and its pronouncements of love for reason, many atheists offer arguments laden with logical fallacies of hasty generalization, strawman arguments, and most of all ad homenim attacks. They are, in fact, fundamentally no different in all of this from the islamic or other religious fundamentalists.

The arguments of Dawkins and Hitchens, et al. are, in their structure, no different than the arguments of bigots like Osama Bin Laden, James Dobson and Gary Bauer. The atheist will say “but I don’t condemn people to hell.” Yes, but only because you don’t believe in hell. What is important is the condemnation itself, not what you think should happen to those you condemn.

Read more https://www.nairaland.com/3203415/bigotry-atheism

Free thinkers on the other hand do not condemn people nor participate in bigotry nor try to convince anyone to join them. Naaa! That is for the religious and atheist fundamentalist.

We accept people, focus more on their humanities than their spirituality or belief system

I hope you have seen the light?

cc Lilbrown007
cloudgoddess
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 04, 2016
DMLords:

Here is my argument from another angle:

Atheism becomes bigotry when it makes prejudicial statements about religious people. Prejudice is prejudice and intolerance is intolerance, and both are irrational regardless of who commits it. Despite its scientific pretensions and its pronouncements of love for reason, many atheists offer arguments laden with logical fallacies of hasty generalization, strawman arguments, and most of all ad homenim attacks. They are, in fact, fundamentally no different in all of this from the islamic or other religious fundamentalists.

The arguments of Dawkins and Hitchens, et al. are, in their structure, no different than the arguments of bigots like Osama Bin Laden, James Dobson and Gary Bauer. The atheist will say “but I don’t condemn people to hell.” Yes, but only because you don’t believe in hell. What is important is the condemnation itself, not what you think should happen to those you condemn.

Read more https://www.nairaland.com/3203415/bigotry-atheism

Free thinkers on the other hand do not condemn people nor participate in bigotry nor try to convince anyone to join them. Naaa! That is for the religious and atheist fundamentalist.

We accept people, focus more on their humanities than their spirituality or belief system

I hope you have seen the light?

cc Lilbrown007
Free Thinkers Are Also Atheist But Answer Me This If U Ain't In Any Of The Religious Group Aren't U An Atheist?? I Guess U Don't Know What Atheist Mean Then...I Saw U Had A Philosophy On "We Are All God" What Does That Mean?? Without Supernatural Power?? Isn't That An Atheist Part Too?

Now Ur Argument On Bigotry Atheist Yes Atheist Can Be Intolerant "WE Are In The Age Of Knowing The Age Of Belief Are Over" But I Do Agree With Ur Reasons Sha
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Richirich713: 9:24am On Jul 04, 2016
Lilbrown007:

I Think I Have It

Here's a ebook(350 kB epub file) of it:

http://gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=E7A62DDB8BBF91A2B593A7976493B7F1
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 04, 2016
Richirich713:

Here's a ebook(350 kB epub file) of it:
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=E7A62DDB8BBF91A2B593A7976493B7F1
This Guy Is So Good
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Raphael81(m): 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2016
Lilbrown007:
THE Wise Don't Say It In His Heart/Mind The Wise Says It Out Loud
What made you to drift into the wonderful path of atheism
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Richirich713: 3:08pm On Jul 04, 2016
Lilbrown007:

This Guy Is So Good

U should read it, Bart agrees with what I said earlier about pagan parallels to Jesus being made up.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
Raphael81:

What made you to drift into the wonderful path of atheism
We Were All Atheist Bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 / Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection / Christians , Please What's Your Take On This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.