Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed (12401 Views)

What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? / Why Jesus Needed To Be Born By A Virgin / Reasons Scholars Know Jesus Christ Never Existed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
Lilbrown007:
There is no contemporaneous account of the life of Jesus

Jesus does not exist in the historical record. Jesus Christ never existed. Not only is nothing in the bible capable of being directly linked to the time in which Jesus was reputed to be alive but there are absolutely no contemporaneous accounts that speak of Jesus. As far as the historical record is concerned he just did not exist. The Gospels claim that Jesus’ ministry was famous across the region and well known to people such as Herod and Pontius Pilate. In the later part of his
ministry it is claimed that he was followed by great multitudes of people and, of course, in one instance
that he fed 5,000. There is not a single mention in him in military records
or dispatches back to Rome (surely anyone who could command huge gatherings of people in a potentially
disruptive province should be of interest)
. He is not mentioned in the records of Herod’s court nor is he
mentioned in the records of the Temple or by any Priests. Surely if he was believed by some to be a prophet and others to be a false prophet some mention of the ructions he was causing in Judean civic and religious society should have been recorded. Some people like to point to the supposed letters of Pontius Pilate as evidence of Jesus’ life but these were a work
of fiction. Of course it is possible (although unlikely, the Roman Empire was very efficient) that contemporaneous accounts existed but disappeared.

What can you say of Josephus' antiquity or the work of Tacitus?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Image123(m): 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
Lilbrown007:

YEAH And My Research Also State That The Account Of Him In The Gospel Are Also Wrong Some Other Place I Read He Married Mary Magdalene

Your copy and paste research is terrible, get proper education and stop embarrassing yourself.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Image123(m): 4:53pm On Jul 04, 2016
Lilbrown007:

Stop Trying To Play On My Inteligence Bro If U Cant Read Then Go And Learn How To Read

Not playing on your intelligence, just testing it so that you are sure of what you are saying. Evidently, you believe that Paul existed because some people said so, yes or no?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2016
Image123:

Not playing on your intelligence, just testing it so that you are sure of what you are saying. Evidently, you believe that Paul existed because some people said so, yes or no?
Because Some People Said So?? Was That The First Point I Made?? U Were Quick To Pick The One That Suite U And Ask Me A Question Base On That?? Like I Said If U Don't Know How To Read Go And Learn

They Is No Historical Evidence Of Jesus Existing But Of Paul We Have A Historical Evidence!!
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 04, 2016
Image123:

Your copy and paste research is terrible, get proper education and stop embarrassing yourself.
Oh U Don't Agree With The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Because It Wasn't Included In The Gospel Now I Know Y Christians Cherry Pick
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
lordnicklaus:

What can you say of Josephus' antiquity or the work of Tacitus?
Did Josephus See Jesus Or He Heard??

http://www.truthbeknown.com/josephus.htm
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2016
[b]The earlier scholarship that proved the entire TF to be fraudulent was determined by intense scrutiny by some of the most erudite, and mainly Christian, writers of the time, in a number of countries, their works written in a variety
of languages, but particularly German, French and English. Their general conclusions, as elucidated by Christian authority Dr.Lardner, and related here by the author of Christian Mythology Unveiled (c. 1842), include the following reasons for doubting the authenticity of the TF as a whole:
"Mattathias, the father of Josephus, must have been a witness to the miracles which are said to have been performed by Jesus, and Josephus was born within two years after the crucifixion, yet in all the works he says nothing whatever about the life or death of Jesus Christ; as for the interpolated passage it is now universally acknowledged to be a forgery. The arguments of the 'Christian Ajax,' even Lardner himself, against it are these: 'It was never quoted by any of our Christian ancestors before Eusebius. It disturbs the narrative. The language is quite Christian. It is not quoted by Chrysostom, though he often refers to Josephus, and could not have omitted quoting it had it been then in the text. It is not quoted by Photius [9th century], though he has three articles concerning Josephus; and this author expressly states that this historian has not taken the least notice of Christ. Neither Justin Martyr, in his dialogue with Trypho the Jew; nor Clemens Alexandrinus, who made so many extracts from ancient authors; nor Origen against Celsus, have ever mentioned this testimony. But, on the contrary, in chap. 25th of the first book of that work, Origen openly affirms that Josephus, who had mentioned John the Baptist, did not acknowledge Christ. That this passage is a false fabrication is admitted by Ittigius, Blondel, Le Clerc, Vandale, Bishop Warburton, and Tanaquil Faber.'" (CMU, 47)[/b]

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Image123(m): 5:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
Lilbrown007:

Oh U Don't Agree With The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Because It Wasn't Included In The Gospel Now I Know Y Christians Cherry Pick

stop embarrassing yourself. Nobody mentioned any gospel. Are you hallucinating?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Image123(m): 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
Lilbrown007:

Because Some People Said So?? Was That The First Point I Made?? U Were Quick To Pick The One That Suite U And Ask Me A Question Base On That?? Like I Said If U Don't Know How To Read Go And Learn

They Is No Historical Evidence Of Jesus Existing But Of Paul We Have A Historical Evidence!!

i heard/read your silly self the first time, no need repeating rubbish. You have no historical evidence for Jesus but you have/found one for Yeshua. yawnnnnnnnnns.
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
Image123:

stop embarrassing yourself. Nobody mentioned any gospel. Are you hallucinating?
Ignorance O
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
Image123:

i heard/read your silly self the first time, no need repeating rubbish. You have no historical evidence for Jesus but you have/found one for Yeshua. yawnnnnnnnnns.
Ignorance O
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2016
Justin Martyr (c. 100-c. 165), who obviously pored over Josephus's works, makes no mention of the TF.
Theophilus (d. 180), Bishop of Antioch--no mention of the TF.

Irenaeus (c. 120/140-c. 200/203), saint and compiler of the New Testament, has not a word about the TF.

Clement of Alexandria (c. 150-211/215), influential Greek theologian and prolific Christian writer, head of the Alexandrian school, says nothing about the TF.

Origen (c. 185-c. 254), no mention of the TF and specifically states that Josephus did not believe Jesus was "the Christ."
Hippolytus (c. 170-c. 235), saint and martyr, nothing about the TF.

The author of the ancient Syriac text, "History of Armenia," refers to Josephus but not the TF.

Minucius Felix (d. c. 250), lawyer and Christian convert--no mention of the TF.

Anatolius (230-c. 270/280)--no mention of TF.
Chrysostom (c. 347-407), saint and Syrian prelate, not a word about the TF.

Methodius, saint of the 9th century--even at this late date there were apparently copies of Josephus without the TF, as Methodius makes no mention of it.

Photius (c. 820-891), Patriarch of Constantinople, not a word about the TF, again indicating copies of Josephus devoid of the passage, or, perhaps, a rejection of it because it was understood to be fraudulent.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Raphael81(m): 8:54pm On Jul 04, 2016
Lilbrown007:

We Were All Atheist Bro
so gist me ur journey of atheism nd back to theism lol
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
Raphael81:
so gist me ur journey of atheism nd back to theism lol
I Was Never Religious My Parent Didn't Indoctrinate Me My Dad Was A Muslim & My Mum Was A Xtian So I Usually Pick Up Her Bible To Read As A Kid I Read From Genesis To Revelation Page To Page My Dad Koran Didn't Have English Translation So I Didn't Bother Going There But When I Got To Read The Quran I Saw That They Were Similar Story In Both Quran & The Bible
Giving The Fact That If U Debunk One U Automatically Debunk The Other...

As A Kid I Always Like Asking Questions But It Seams Adults Don't Hold The Answer Either Why?? Cause They Probably Don't Know What They Are Doing Either They Just Follow The Crowd I Remember Asking This Questions:
Who Is God??
Who Made God??
Is God Good??
Is God Both Good And Bad??
Id God Also The Devil??
What's Our Purpose In Life??
This Question Was Beause Av Started To Read The Holy Book
Trust Nigerians Na They Will Start Labelling U Demonic Kid "STOP Questioning God"

While Growing Up I Didn't Even Know What Atheism Mean Until I Started Browsing More Frequently I Came Across Some Interesting Articles And I Was Like How Is This Possible They Don't Belief In God!! It Shocked Me I Couldn't Belief It During This Time Is Not Like I Don't Believe In God But Reading The Bible From A Younger Age Made Me Understand The Bible Better I Hardly Pray I Don't Even Pray At All I Don't Fast At All I See No Use In Doing All That I Understand At A Young Age That God Need No Worship And Thats My Belief...
But Look At Me I Ain't Dead Na God Didn't Get Angry With Me And Made My Life Miserable Then More Questions Started Popping In:
How Come People Who Are Religious Suffer The Most??
Is God Testing Them??
Why Isn't He Testing Me?? I Hardly Pray But If I Work Hard I Still Get What I Want I Don't See Why People Will Roll On The Floor Go On top Mountain And Pray From Morning Till Night And Still Prayer Not Answered!! All This Didn't Make Sense

Then I Derived This Formula TO Every Action They Is And Equal Or Opposite Reaction U Can Never Cheat That And This Time Even Up Till Now Nature Is My God
Mother Nature Does What She Likes And Don't Give A Fu*k About U But Don't Piss Nature Of Cause To Every Action They Is And Equal Or Opposite Reaction
I Always Take This Test If Am Strolling And Rain Start Falling I Don't Run Or Look For Shade To Hide In I Will Just Keep On Walking And The Goddame Rain Will Beat The Hell Out Of Me Cause Nature Doesn't Care!! And I Just Keep Smiling While I Get Beaten By The Rain Cause Most People Don't Get The Chance To Do This..

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Raphael81(m): 9:32am On Jul 05, 2016
Lilbrown007:

I Never Religious My Parent Didn't Indoctrinate Me My Dad Was A Muslim & My Mum Was A Xtian So I Usually Pick Up Her Bible To Read As A Kid I Read From Genesis To Revelation Page To Page My Dad Koran Didn't Have English Translation So I Didn't Bother Going There But When I Got To Read The Quran I Saw That They Were Similar Story In Both Quran & The Bible
Giving The Fact That If U Debunk One U Automatically Debunk The Other...

As A Kid I Always Like Asking Questions But It Seams Adults Don't Hold The Answer Either Why?? Cause They Probably Don't Know What They Are Doing Either They Just Follow The Crowd I Remember Asking This Questions:
Who Is God??
Who Made God??
Is God Good??
Is God Both Good And Bad??
Id God Also The Devil??
What's Our Purpose In Life??
This Question Was Beause Av Started To Read The Holy Book
Trust Nigerians Na They Will Start Labelling U Demonic Kid "STOP Questioning God"

While Growing Up I Didn't Even Know What Atheism Mean Until I Started Browsing More Frequently I Came Across Some Interesting Articles And I Was Like How Is This Possible They Don't Belief In God!! It Shocked Me I Couldn't Belief It During This Time Is Not Like I Don't Believe In God But Reading The Bible From A Younger Age Made Me Understand The Bible Better I Hardly Pray I Don't Even Pray At All I Don't Fast At All I See No Use In Doing All That I Understand At A Young Age That God Need No Worship And Thats My Belief...
But Look At Me I Ain't Dead Na God Didn't Get Angry With Me And Made My Life Miserable Then More Questions Started Popping In:
How Come People Who Are Religious Suffer The Most??
Is God Testing Them??
Why Isn't He Testing Me?? I Hardly Pray But If I Work Hard I Still Get What I Want I Don't See Why People Will Roll On The Floor Go On top Mountain And Pray From Morning Till Night And Still Prayer Not Answered!! All This Didn't Make Sense

Then I Derived This Formula TO Every Action They Is And Equal Or Opposite Reaction U Can Never Cheat That And This Time Even Up Till Now Nature Is My God
Mother Nature Does What She Likes And Don't Give A Fu*k About U But Don't Piss Nature Of Cause To Every Action They Is And Equal Or Opposite Reaction
I Always Take This Test If Am Strolling And Rain Start Falling I Don't Run Or Look For Shade To Hide In I Will Just Keep On Walking And The Goddame Rain Will Beat The Hell Out Of Me Cause Nature Doesn't Care!! And I Just Keep Smiling While I Get Beaten By The Rain Cause Most People Don't Get The Chance To Do This..

before the end of this year, you shall not only find God but you shall speak to people about God...
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 05, 2016
Raphael81:

before the end of this year, you shall not only find God but you shall speak to people about God...
You Are Funny O U Have No Idea What I Know Its Funny How U Christians Mk This Kind Of Statement
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Raphael81(m): 10:25am On Jul 05, 2016
Lilbrown007:

You Are Funny O U Have No Idea What I Know Its Funny How U Christians Mk This Kind Of Statement
i am telling u authoritatively that you will find him before the 19 day of december 2016, if you dont find him then you can call me a liar
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
Raphael81:

i am telling u authoritatively that you will find him before the 19 day of december 2016, if you dont find him then you can call me a liar
Otemanuduno See This Guy O
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by otemanuduno: 2:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
Raphael81:

Hmm... what a big Urim you're trying to use...
Raphael81:

[quote author=Lilbrown007 post=47231248]
Otemanuduno See This Guy O
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 05, 2016
otemanuduno:

Hmm... what a big Urim you're trying to use...
Mark That Date
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by otemanuduno: 3:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
Lilbrown007:

Mark That Date
Date Marked, Raphael81, December 19 is around the corner. If Lilbrown becomes a Christian by then, we shall see... If not...

Whichever way, expect to see it recorded in the DOCTUFOS cheesy

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by otemanuduno: 3:56pm On Jul 05, 2016
LilBrown007:

It's like you have experienced what I am just getting inspired to write lately. You have experienced the fact that nature owns it all in the universe. Here is Eartum 1:8-17. I have pasted this on nairaland about two weeks ago.

:

8. But in the belly of the universe, there is no justice or partiality, no sorrow, no joy, no suffering, no pain. All that is made to work is nature.
9. At the time I was high up in the universe, making reference to the earth, I have learnt what nature is all about. Nature knows no emotion; it knows no cruelty. It does what it should do at any time, not regarding what is on its way. It spared no homo.
10. The rocks are formed when it is time for them to be. The mountains, the plateaus, the hills, they all form even when living organisms are on the earth. The occurrence of every act of nature in a place where living homos live will bring about a transition.
11. When the hurricanes come and the thunder strikes and the whirlwind and cyclones erupted, and the volcanoes visit the earth, their shall be transition of the lives of the homos from the earth to the Valley of Knowledge.
12. The heart of a homo perceive natural disaster as the cruelty of nature. They know not the nature of nature. They judge nature and not themselves. Nature brings about transition of lives.
13. Now, from the perspective of nature do I speak; the homos break nature, they deplete nature, they alter nature and dilute nature. The homos tear nature apart because they thought that nature is not alive.
14. How do they tear nature apart? How do they break nature? They do this by breaking rocks to make things for themselves, digging the earth for precious stones of nature; making breezes for themselves which depleted the covering of the earth. They build things on the land of nature and cause transition to nature.
15. Now who then is wrong? If nature is wrong by causing transition to the soul of a homo through death, then the homos are wrong also by changing the face of nature.
16. But the truth of the matter is this; neither nature nor the homos are wrong.
17. Therefore when you hear of earthquakes and volcanoes and cyclones killing the homos on earth, have no hatred against nature or even the God of it. For those who have died, in the long run, are in a happier state than you have thought. They look at the world they left and shake their heads for the great ignorance in it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Image123(m): 6:27am On Jul 06, 2016
Lilbrown007:

Ignorance O

Come out of that ignorance. It is not beautiful.
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 06, 2016
Image123:

Come out of that ignorance. It is not beautiful.

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by RussellUba(m): 6:38pm On Mar 12, 2017
All Later Accounts Of The Life Of Jesus Are Pure Hearsay

Hearsay? You wouldn’t say that to sassy, playful Jesus. Even though there are no contemporaneous lifetime reports of the existence of Jesus there are references to him in Christian writing and non-Christian texts in the decades after his alleged death. Not a single one of these accounts is a credible account of his life. None of them reference any earlier texts and are therefore nothing more than hearsay and, as such unreliable. If we condemn hearsay evidence as unreliable in our court systems why should it be sufficient to establish the existence of an important historical figure? The evidence that is usually cited in support for the existence of Jesus comes from the writings of Josephus Flavius who was born in 37AD (some years after the
crucifixion) and wrote about the life of Jesus in 93AD, after the Gospels were written. He cited no sources for
his materials. Similarly Pliny the Younger (born around 62BC, Tacitus (64AD) and Suetonius (69AD) all wrote about Jesus but without any reference to contemporaneous sources. It is likely they got their information from believers but without sources the
passages do nothing more than document a social phenomenon.
In the previous point we mentioned that it is possible that contemporaneous sources existed but have since been destroyed or disappeared. If they did exist it is likely that these three respected historians (Tacitus in particular was known for the high quality of his research and referencing) would have referred to it directly rather than have relied on hearsay.
okay, lets do this way, can we? In private, jst challenge Him that if He truly exist, He shld show himself to you. Give Him a duration and see what happens during that timeframe. Let us knw abt ur findings.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Tampinu(m): 3:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
Top 10 Reasons Jesus Christ
Never Existed

Religion is one of the most enduringly powerful forces on earth. Two of the most influential, both today and in the past, Christianity and Islam, believe that Jesus Christ played a pivotal role in both faiths. Christians believe that Jesus was the son of God, born of a virgin birth, was crucified and resurrected for the remission of sins. Muslims believe that Jesus was the
product of a virgin birth brought forth by the command of Allah and became one of his most important (and subsequently revered) prophets . Muslims do not believe that Jesus was crucified but that another man died in his place. Whether or not we believe in the existence and life of Christ as a matter of faith most people are prepared to accept that Jesus was a real and verifiable historical figure; that he was born, lived and died in Judea between around 4BC and 33AD. This has been repeated so many times that most people do not ever think to challenge it but should they? Did a man called Jesus, son of Mary (and adoptive son of Joseph) walk the paths of Judea or was he merely a figment of imagination? A group of stories and myths pulled together by a range of cynical individuals for a particular purpose?

If you are a Christian, of course, the existence of Christ is a matter of faith but should non-Christians believe in Jesus so readily?

It does depend on who/what we refer to as "Jesus"; I guess we have to agree on what/who we mean by "Jesus" before we can disagree on whether or not he did exist.

Peace

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Fatherstruggle(m): 11:11am On Mar 22, 2018
[color=#990000][/color] how can you prove the existent of nonexistent

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Tampinu(m): 5:02pm On Apr 15, 2018
Fatherstruggle:
[color=#990000][/color] how can you prove the existent of nonexistent

By proving whether His spirit exist or not...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? / Man Accused Of Witchcraft In Abia Brutalised By Vigilante Members (Photos) / Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.