Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. (11393 Views)

No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against Lawmakers – Foreign Affairs Minister / Gbella, Ikon, Gololo At Public Hearing On Alleged Sexual Misconduct Against Reps / Sex Scandal In The Us:3 Reps May Step Aside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
Yakubu Dogara, speaker of the federal house of representatives, says there is yet no evidence against the three members of the federal house of representatives accused of sexual misconduct in the United States.

James Entwistle, the US ambassador to Nigeria, had written to Speaker Yakubu Dogara alleging that three reps were accused of rape and soliciting prostitutes while on a US visitor programme in April 2016.

But Mark Gbillah, one of the named reps, subsequently wrote to the ambassador to protest the allegations, demanding the “full video/CCTV footage covering the period of their entire stay at the hotel, saying “this should clearly show the movements and activities of every member of the group throughout the hotel”.

Speaking on the matter on Saturday, Dogara, through a statement issued by Turaki Hassan, his spokesman, urged Nigerians to refrain from passing judgment and wait for the outcome of investigation by the parliament.

“Judgment can only be passed when an allegation is proven,” he said.

He maintained that as ambassadors of the House and indeed, the entire country, the accused members would have known not to bring dishonour to the institution they represent.

He vowed that the House would conduct an investigation into allegations, saying: “Together with the US Embassy in Nigeria, we will get to the bottom of this matter.”

The speaker further explained that apart from the letter, no evidence had been forwarded to his office, and that there could be no conviction without a trial.

He also indicated that the lawmakers had expressed preparedness to defend themselves at their own cost.

“We await the result of the investigation into the matter,” he added.

http://www.thecable.ng/dogara-no-evidence-of-sexual-misconduct-against-3-reps-yet

1 Like

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Ezedon(m): 7:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
There's atom of truth in every rumour

1 Like

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by naijaking1: 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
Just wait
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 18, 2016
See deir smelling face.....disgracing nigeria everytime

1 Like

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Samscoz(m): 9:41pm On Jun 18, 2016
fighting in national assembly is not enough for them now they have gone international with their shameful act. *spits*

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 18, 2016
Am watching in 3D

1 Like

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Faremisodeeq(m): 9:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
. Whats this Dogara saying, did he think they are like Nigerians you can play trick on.

10 Likes

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by pontirock(m): 9:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
These reps are still innocent until proven guilty

16 Likes

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by 9jaBloke: 9:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
That's the right step to take. US should back the letter up with evidence. Personally, I don't see any reason why such an allegation would be leveled against 3 Nigerians for no just cause. Something obviously took place but like Dogara opined, we need to get to the bottom before we crucify them.

9 Likes

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by eleko1: 9:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
Gbam! Those White Witches should get lost. Dis is probably identity mistake.The concerned Rep has challenge them to show evidence.. I wonder when having sex with a prostitute,LovePeddler,call girls become crime undecided.their money,their life. I dnt blame those white,dey knw hat our own REPs are goats.Abi,wen a 56/70 yrs old granny dey marry 15 yrs old girl nkoh sad.Evidence pls undecided

2 Likes

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Peacetemi: 9:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
Oh you still haven't found evidence?? Please take them to the shrines of Sango and Amadioha to swear, evidence will come up then. Useless politicians disgracing Nigeria since the days of Adam

4 Likes

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by mommaade(f): 9:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
God is watching us.
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
A thorough investigation should be carried out to unearth the truth....The character of our politicians makes it too difficult to vouch for them. If not, I would have said ,by their looks, these men could not have made such obscene request.

1 Like

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
If you ask me, I think it is possible there is some element of truth but I beleive the US bleeped up by making it public because I am almost certain they have no evidence, it's a question of he said, she said and in that respect it shows they don't think much of us (I don't blame them we dont help ourselves) but it's undiplomatic. Who on earth revokes the visa of 3 federal assembly members based on the words of a car park attendant? I mean c'mon!!!!!!!! You may not respect the individuals but you show respect to the office they hold.

13 Likes

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by charlydamianpat(m): 9:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
shai see life outside campus
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by olaasiwaju: 9:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
Una matter go soon arise.
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ezedon:
There's atom of truth in every rumour

Let's follow your logic; they say you're a thief and murderer... dear, rumour remains what it's.

Meanwhile, the speaker has shown that he's sagacious. An accused remains innocent until proven guilty by a competent law court.

3 Likes

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by MrCow(m): 9:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
lolz, watching how tinz unfold
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by joseph1832(m): 9:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
Wow!. No evidence yet? I was hoping all the C.S.I and N.C.I.S stuff the show us, with their state of the act forensic techniques, would have provided enough evidence by now. grin grin grin

However, let's wait and see...
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by iyke484real(m): 9:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
cry no evidence yet abi? You guys are joking with oyibo. Make unna search well there must be some evidence becuz if I had committed the same crime, there would have been evidence enough to sentence me to death buy hanging. God is watching ohhh! In mama peace voice shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by neocortex: 9:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
pontirock:
These reps are still innocent until proven guilty

No they are not, ever since the new sherif is in town, any accused is guilty
and may be locked up indefinitely.
I am wondering why DSS have not arrested these senators yet.

3 Likes

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by macino1(m): 9:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
Not disappointed, this is very expected, same bird with the same feather. . .
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by wowo2: 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
No wahala, USA should give them their visa back and let them travel na. When they set foot in USA and immediately get arrested for solicitation of prostitution, they will have their day in court. Na so all dem dey do once they travel, first thing they want is woman company. Jobless peeps.

4 Likes

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by neocortex: 10:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
vodutive:
If you ask me, I think it is possible there is some element of truth but I beleive the US bleeped up by making it public because I am almost certain they have no evidence, it's a question of he said, she said and in that respect it shows they don't think much of us (I don't blame them we dont help ourselves) but it's undiplomatic. Who on earth revokes the visa of 3 federal assembly members based on the words of a car park attendant? I mean c'mon!!!!!!!! You may not respect the individuals but you show respect to the office they hold.

There is no respect for law breakers!
It is a similar offense that led to the downfall of Dominis kahn from the IMF.
It is logical that the law should side with the weak not the powerful, because the
powerful can defend themselves.

Whether they are attendant or garbage packers they are humans and shouldn't
be harassed.

7 Likes

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
neocortex:

There is no respect for law breakers!
It is a similar offense that led to the downfall of Dominis kahn from the IMF.
It is logical that the law should side with the weak not the powerful, because the
powerful can defend themselves.

Whether they are attendant or garbage packers they are humans and shouldn't
be harassed(if true).

Understand what I am saying, you do not convict without evidence and I am sure they have no evidence. At best they have video footage which will not say anything because it doesn't record audio, so you are taking the word of an attendant? A country that preaches innocent till proven guilty, a country that upholds that principle to the extent O.J Simpson walked? I am sure they are likely guilty as f*ck but C'mon you dont tarnish the image of members of assembly of a sovereign nation based on hearsay! Even if you beleive it to be so you do it behind the scenes!!! it's not proper

Let me be clear this is not about innocence or guilt, it's about proof and embarrasing a country without proof which is what theyve done because these men represent us.

Even you have qualified your statement by saying "if true" so why make a public statement unless you have solid evidence and they can't have evidence because whatever conversation happened assuming they actually had contact could not have been recorded unless it was a setup! When a stranger asks for directions, do you say hold on let me press record on my phone or is your phone always on record in case a lawmaker asks you for directions to prostitutes and like I said video if they have wont have any audio, so you tarnish the image of a country based on hearsay? no no no! totally out of order!!!

4 Likes

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by truthspeaks: 10:12pm On Jun 18, 2016
As usual he (Dogara) as a Nigerian politician wants to shield the culprits because US will jst wake up and accuse d Reps members cos they want to gain wat? Anyway, tnk God Dogara can't reverse their visa cancellation unless he wants to his future visas cancelled. Wat a country
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
truthspeaks:
As usual he (Dogara) as a Nigerian politician wants to shield the culprits because US will jst wake up and accuse d Reps members cos they want to gain wat? Anyway, tnk God Dogara can't reverse their visa cancellation unless he wants to his future visas cancelled. Wat a country

Please we have our issues, the men are probably guilty, but Americans are full of shit too! Americans can be racists, many dont like blacks, many can't tell us apart. You cant preach innocenct till proven guilty and then convict in a Kangaroo court based on flimsy evidence of the word of mouth of one man!

or is America saying that our federal legislators were bugged in which case that opens a new can of worms ala Ed Snowden....why are they bugging their visitors?

2 Likes

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by truthspeaks: 10:31pm On Jun 18, 2016
Dats d more reason d evidence wld be based on word against word cos they hv no reason in d first place to bug visitors. US felt the Rep guys knew wat they came for till dis hapnd. And as usual, our leaders set up investigative committees to sweep up d matter under the carpet. Aftrall, d earlier report said Dogara knew abt it initially but was pressured into investigating it. This shows you that Dogara likes sweeping tins under jst like d way he quietly made the Sharia bill pass first reading. I jst hope the Rep members lose their seats n it serves as a lesson to all politicians to behave outside the country.
vodutive:

Please we have our issues, the men are probably guilty, but Americans are full of shit too! Americans can be racists, many dont like blacks, many can't tell us apart. You cant preach innocenct till proven guilty and then convict in a Kangaroo court based on flimsy evidence of the word of mouth of one man!

or is America saying that our federal legislators were bugged in which case that opens a new can of worms ala Ed Snowden....why are they bugging their visitors?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Publish Names, Authentic Figures Of Fallen Metele Heroes, Ezekwesili Tells Buhar / Buhari Returns From South Africa / NUPENG Gives FG Two-week Ultimatum Over Bad Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.