Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,509 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. (11407 Views)

No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against Lawmakers – Foreign Affairs Minister / Gbella, Ikon, Gololo At Public Hearing On Alleged Sexual Misconduct Against Reps / Sex Scandal In The Us:3 Reps May Step Aside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by joseph1832(m): 8:18am On Jun 19, 2016
princejenks:
of course i did,its their country and they determine who gets a visa to visit and who doesnt. They dont need any trial to do that but rather if they had detained them over there then this argument would arise. The house should only pursue this case to a logical conclusion for the sake of their integrity not cos visas were revoked
So because its their country, they now have the right to revoke visas, based on a mere hear say? Come on men.

They made claims that the rep members who guilty/charged with rape and sexual misconduct, now the rep members have asked them for evidence, and all they've been able to bring is just, a mere word of mouth, I believe you know rape and sexual misconduct is a serious crime?

They should provide evidence to back up their claim and stop spewing nonsense. Since a rep member that is accused have demanded evidence, let them provide it. Its just that simple.
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Flips: 8:23am On Jun 19, 2016
vodutive:
If you ask me, I think it is possible there is some element of truth but I beleive the US bleeped up by making it public because I am almost certain they have no evidence, it's a question of he said, she said and in that respect it shows they don't think much of us (I don't blame them we dont help ourselves) but it's undiplomatic. Who on earth revokes the visa of 3 federal assembly members based on the words of a car park attendant? I mean c'mon!!!!!!!! You may not respect the individuals but you show respect to the office they hold.
Most sensible comment so far
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by teemy(m): 9:10am On Jun 19, 2016
vodutive:

Please we have our issues, the men are probably guilty, but Americans are full of shit too! Americans can be racists, many dont like blacks, many can't tell us apart. You cant preach innocenct till proven guilty and then convict in a Kangaroo court based on flimsy evidence of the word of mouth of one man!

or is America saying that our federal legislators were bugged in which case that opens a new can of worms ala Ed Snowden....why are they bugging their visitors?
the bolded was my own line of reasoningas well. Even in in america the accusations without proof would not have held water. Based on available evidence they ought not to expose a sovereign nation's diplomats publicly with that little. The only reason they did so apart from probably racism was definite assurance from evidence like bugging the hotel which could lead to an international row and disgrace making all of the hotel's visitors and foreign diplomats would give the US govt. a negative vote of cofidence.

So they remain innocent till the US embassy produces its evidence 'publicly'.

Big big worms that would make the world revisit the snowden issue all over.
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by cosade(m): 9:23am On Jun 19, 2016
porka:
Dogara should treat their f*ckup.

Learn from India.

They didn't allow any nonsense from the US the other day.

They made them pay dearly for their undiplomatic arrogance.

A country stands up for its citizens.

The only plausible reason the US is going after these guys is to embarrass them because of America's homosexual lifestyle that was roundly voted down.

Learn from Russia. Don't let them dictate to you. Nigeria is a sovereign country.

Learn from America itself. They won't allow anyone to rubbish their leaders.

It wasn't long ago that Dick Cheney, their former vice president (a republican party member) was indicted for the Halliburton bribery scandal in Nigeria. Instead of allowing him to come and clear himself, Hillary Clinton, then the secretary of state (a democratic party member) shielded him.

The case died a natural death.

Dogara should man up.

Stop giving in to their threat/pressure. The worst is to lose an election. They can't do more than that. People have lost elections and heaven hasn't fallen.

If these men were found soliciting for homosexual sex in America, nobody would have heard anything. They would have been treated like their heroes.

The American government would have promptly co-opted them into their elaborate homosexual spreading programs in Africa.

If these guys are allowed to be rubbished like this without a serious fight then the entire government structure of Nigeria is in trouble.

Nigeria has a diplomatic presence in Washington DC. Why did they not go through that. Why this unexplained rush to tarnish the image of these guys.

Stop soliciting for their programs. Stop attending their workshops and seminars. Stop all this beggarly behavior. Stay in your country. Organize programs for them in Nigeria too. Let them come here and spend their foreign currency.

Where is Senator David Mark when you need him most?

I don't expect an innocent person in an embarrassing case like this, to be asking for video/CCTV evidence. If they were falsely accused, they should simply go ahead to institute legal actions against all the parties involved in Nigeria firstly, since the allegations were made public here. Secondly, give powers of attorney to US law firm(s) to sue all the parties involved on their behalf in US.

Nigerians should not be in a hurry, when the legal fireworks start then you'll all see the evidences you've been asking for.
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by infolekan(m): 11:10am On Jun 19, 2016
Nigerians keep acting like they don't know their politicians.
And they keep acting like they don't know how the law works in America.
The comments up here is why rapists walk freely amongst us daily .......they'll usually go for the lady raped.
You can hear someone up there talking about the words of a park attendant......forgetting that someone has to stand up for the common man. That's why we get slapped by our politicians and your cars get pushed off the road.
This is a country where an allegation against a President got investigated by the law.....where a whole IMF boss got indicted because of such allegation. Where Tiger Woods lost several endorsements cos of INFIDELITY committed years ago.
Americans are hypocrite but they still keep up the appearance. We don't here. Get raped by a lawmaker here and expect justice. Accuse a Governor of rape and see if you won't disappear from the world.
The issuance of visa is a prerogative of the issuing country. They need you to challenge if you feel cheated. Prostitution is illegal and soliciting for one is illegal and jailable. If you see me walking on the street and tell me you'll pay me to have sex with me .....I can report you for solicitation and you'll get arrested. It has nothing to do with my status.
In developed countries.....the house members would be told to step aside until their names are cleared.
Nobody is stopping them from suing the US. They are probably as guilty as sin and they know. Anybody living in Abuja know them. If you're ever travelled abroad and see the way they behave there....you wouldn't be surprised.

1 Like

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by yemi002: 1:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
After you disgrace Nigeria, foolish people
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Fourwinds: 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2016
It is a known fact dat some Nigeria law makers are sexual perverts and rapists
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
infolekan:
Nigerians keep acting like they don't know their politicians.
And they keep acting like they don't know how the law works in America.
The comments up here is why rapists walk freely amongst us daily .......they'll usually go for the lady raped.
You can hear someone up there talking about the words of a park attendant......forgetting that someone has to stand up for the common man. That's why we get slapped by our politicians and your cars get pushed off the road.
This is a country where an allegation against a President got investigated by the law.....where a whole IMF boss got indicted because of such allegation. Where Tiger Woods lost several endorsements cos of INFIDELITY committed years ago.
Americans are hypocrite but they still keep up the appearance. We don't here. Get raped by a lawmaker here and expect justice. Accuse a Governor of rape and see if you won't disappear from the world.
The issuance of visa is a prerogative of the issuing country. They need you to challenge if you feel cheated. Prostitution is illegal and soliciting for one is illegal and jailable. If you see me walking on the street and tell me you'll pay me to have sex with me .....I can report you for solicitation and you'll get arrested. It has nothing to do with my status.
In developed countries.....the house members would be told to step aside until their names are cleared.
Nobody is stopping them from suing the US. They are probably as guilty as sin and they know. Anybody living in Abuja know them. If you're ever travelled abroad and see the way they behave there....you wouldn't be surprised.
Thank you. Living in nigeria really messes up people's brain that they can hardly tell the difference btw right or wrong.
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by naijaking1: 6:29pm On Jun 19, 2016
vodutive:

Please we have our issues, the men are probably guilty, but Americans are full of shit too! Americans can be racists, many dont like blacks, many can't tell us apart. You cant preach innocenct till proven guilty and then convict in a Kangaroo court based on flimsy evidence of the word of mouth of one man!

or is America saying that our federal legislators were bugged in which case that opens a new can of worms ala Ed Snowden....why are they bugging their visitors?

As expected, we try to change the subject, calling people names. Wait until the evidence is shown so that you don't condone evil that happens in Nigeria daily
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by infolekan(m): 3:00am On Jun 20, 2016
teemy:

the bolded was my own line of reasoningas well. Even in in america the accusations without proof would not have held water. Based on available evidence they ought not to expose a sovereign nation's diplomats publicly with that little. The only reason they did so apart from probably racism was definite assurance from evidence like bugging the hotel which could lead to an international row and disgrace making all of the hotel's visitors and foreign diplomats would give the US govt. a negative vote of cofidence.

So they remain innocent till the US embassy produces its evidence 'publicly'.

Big big worms that would make the world revisit the snowden issue all over.

America as a country would ALWAYS protect his citizen. Sexual harassment charges are always taken seriously. You don't even need to pay for the sex yet to be found guilty.
There are 1 million undercover agents on Craigslist waiting for you to order for a prostitute to get you arrested.
They dint charge them to court....they revoked their visa.
They're not diplomats but just a bunch of lawmakers on official business. They don't need to prove anything to revoke their visa. The lawmakers need to instigate a lawsuit to get back their visa if they feel they're clean.
It's the same way you can challenge a not approved visa if you feel the decision wasn't fair.
The US dint publish their names in a national daily. What you have is an official correspondence to our own government that was leaked.

1 Like

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Justinah4real(f): 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
9jaBloke:
That's the right step to take. US should back the letter up with evidence. Personally, I don't see any reason why such an allegation would be leveled against 3 Nigerians for no just cause. Something obviously took place but like Dogara opined, we need to get to the bottom before we crucify them.
Aisha agent how far?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman / Natasha Akpoti Escapes Assassination / APC Post Primary Crisis Deepens In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.