Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,667 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. (11404 Views)

No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against Lawmakers – Foreign Affairs Minister / Gbella, Ikon, Gololo At Public Hearing On Alleged Sexual Misconduct Against Reps / Sex Scandal In The Us:3 Reps May Step Aside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by macaranta(m): 10:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
Are we expected to swallow such B.S hook,line and sinker without any proofs to back their allegations?
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by ojsenior: 10:40pm On Jun 18, 2016
Dear Mr speaker,

Why don't you allow these Honorables to travel without their diplomatic passport to US.?. That is when they will know they have not committed any crime. Sex solicitation is a big crime in USA and thanks to there glory, they traveled to US on diplomatic passport. This is not Nigeria, and if they like themselves, they should keep quiet. See fools asking for video where they soliciting for OLOSHO. Before the ambassador spoke out, he was contacted by department of state, and for the ambassador to talk, there was a crime. If not for the immunity covered by the they passport they used to travel??

For the evidence, let the 3 honorable travel to US with there normal passport file a lawsuit against the US government and the hotel? bunch of fools, asking for camera of where he was harassing a housemade?
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by neocortex: 10:41pm On Jun 18, 2016
vodutive:

Understand what I am saying, you do not convict without evidence and I am sure they have no evidence. At best they have video footage which will not say anything because it doesn't record audio, so you are taking the word of an attendant? A country that preaches innocent till proven guilty, a country that upholds that principle to the extent O.J Simpson walked? I am sure they are likely guilty as f*ck but C'mon you dont tarnish the image of members of assembly of a sovereign nation based on hearsay! Even if you beleive it to be so you do it behind the scenes!!! it's not proper

Let me be clear this is not about innocence or guilt, it's about proof and embarrasing a country without proof which is what theyve done because these men represent us.

Even you have qualified your statement by saying "if true" so why make a public statement unless you have solid evidence and they can't have evidence because whatever conversation happened assuming they actually had contact could not have been recorded unless it was a setup! When a stranger asks for directions, do you say hold on let me press record on my phone or is your phone always on record in case a lawmaker asks you for directions to prostitutes and like I said video if they have wont have any audio, so you tarnish the image of a country based on hearsay? no no no! totally out of order!!!

Why are you concluding that there is no concrete evidence ?

In case of sexual assault, the accused is assumed to be guilty until proven innocent
and this has nothing to do with senators being Nigerians, even high profile sexual assault cases
that happens decade ago are being prosecuted successfully.

"concrete" evidence is irrelevant if a prosecutor is serious with the case.
Video evidence isn't needed to convict someone of attempted sexual crime.

Three senators with names not Nigeria were accused so stop juxtaposing both
as they are widely different.

All I see on this thread are people with vested interest doing all they can
to launder the senators images.

If none of the senators sued the US government for defamation, then they
are definitely guilty as charged.

One of the systemic problem with Nigeria is covering up crimes just to save
a non-existent face.
No country ever move forward by shielding its bad eggs.
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
truthspeaks:
Dats d more reason d evidence wld be based on word against word cos they hv no reason in d first place to bug visitors. US felt the Rep guys knew wat they came for till dis hapnd. And as usual, our leaders set up investigative committees to sweep up d matter under the carpet. Aftrall, d earlier report said Dogara knew abt it initially but was pressured into investigating it. This shows you that Dogara likes sweeping tins under jst like d way he quietly made the Sharia bill pass first reading. I jst hope the Rep members lose their seats n it serves as a lesson to all politicians to behave outside the country.

with due respect you are not making any sense and there is no logical sequence to your stance. it's either they have evidence or they don't. if they don't then they have no right to treat a lawmaker froma sovereign country, there at their invitation in such a manner, it's an affront to us all! If they have evidence then what sort of evidence, is it word of mouth that cannot hold up in their own courts or did they bug our Lawmakers (we all know they do. Either way from where I stand if we had any balls as a people this does not end well for the US.

These are the people that preach due process and rule of law. If they have solid, evidence, how was it obtained?
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 18, 2016
neocortex:

In case of sexual assault, the accused is assumed to be guilty until proven innocent
and this has nothing to do with senators being Nigerians, even high profile sexual assault cases

a non-existent face.

Save yourself from Colonial mentality. It is not about covering up any crime. A federal lawmaker on official assignment abroad is representing me as a Nigerian. So you will acord him the respect due to his office. If they are guilty (which they probably are) then give us the evidence and I will be the 1st one to demand they be imprisoned for life if possible. But i will stand up against any arrogant country treating a federal legislator of my country with disdain and contempt because by extension they are doing that to me.

Secondly, you need to know that the way your people behave abroad is a refection on you, so also the way we allow ourselves to be treated abroad reflects on us. No Us citizen talk less of Lawmaker is found guilty based on he said she said.
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Kx: 10:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
Whats d evidence he is asking for?
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
eleko1:
Gbam! Those White Witches should get lost. Dis is probably identity mistake.The concerned Rep has challenge them to show evidence.. I wonder when having sex with a prostitute,LovePeddler,call girls become crime undecided.their money,their life. I dnt blame those white,dey knw hat our own REPs are goats.Abi,wen a 56/70 yrs old granny dey marry 15 yrs old girl nkoh sad.Evidence pls undecided
I doubt if you went to school!
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
neocortex:

a non-existent face.

No country ever moved forward by allowing it's citizens talk less of it's lawmakers to be disrespected especially abroad! If you have evidence show it, word of mouth is not good enough to embarrass a country publicly!!!
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
obstead200:

I dey tells u!!!!!!
Oyibo no dey talk anyhow for this kind of matter. An ambassador can not make such accusations lightly. It is my full bet that he has the proof. Solid, admissible proof.

if he has evidence, it's likely a bug because they were bugged throughout their stay but they can't come out and admit it because of all their Bugging scandals. that's the only way they have any evidence...I can assure you. The question is will they admit it? Our government must stand firm and demand the evidence upon which you tarnished the image of a country!!!! When they provide that evidence then we will then face the trio for bringing the country into disrepute!!!!
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
vodutive:

No country ever moved forward by allowing it's citizens talk less of it's lawmakers to be disrespected especially abroad! If you have evidence show it, word of mouth is not good enough to embarrass a country publicly!!!
Lol. So you think the US would just cancel their visas just like that?
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by eleko1: 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
Sorry! I dnt trade insult with a kid
DeeTus:
I doubt if you went to school!
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
DeeTus:
Lol. So you think the US would just cancel their visas just like that?

you seem to think this US practice what they preach? They are the biggest hypocrites in the world!!!!

Look all I am saying is show us the evidence upon which you PUBLICLY enbarass 3 representatives of a sovereign country and by extension an entire nation. Tell the world how you haven't stopped bugging people because think about it my people that is the only way they can have ANY evidence that can stand up. The US themselves know they will not cancel 3 visas based on the word of a parking attendant. except the parking attendant is a CIS spy rigged with bugs in which case it opens a can of worms.

1 Like

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
eleko1:
Sorry! I dnt trade insult with a kid
I pity your generation.
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Jacko01: 11:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
Till them bring the evidence koro koro
No try USA oh.... No try them at all
See how they bring evidence against that french man
Who kept saying it a lie
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by cosade(m): 11:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
vodutive:

with due respect you are not making any sense and there is no logical sequence to your stance. it's either they have evidence or they don't. if they don't then they have no right to treat a lawmaker froma sovereign country, there at their invitation in such a manner, it's an affront to us all! If they have evidence then what sort of evidence, is it word of mouth that cannot hold up in their own courts or did they bug our Lawmakers (we all know they do. Either way from where I stand if we had any balls as a people this does not end well for the US.

These are the people that preach due process and rule of law. If they have solid, evidence, how was it obtained?

it's an affront to us all!

Who says? A begi, no include me oooo. Please spare me jor.
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by eleko1: 11:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
Mynd44,lalasticala.Hope u peep are reading dis?
DeeTus:
I pity your generation.
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Nwibii: 11:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
This white men will not kill us,what's wrong with having sex with their halots {ashawo women}
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 18, 2016
vodutive:

you seem to think this US practice what they preach? They are the biggest hypocrites in the world!!!!

Look all I am saying is show us the evidence upon which you PUBLICLY enbarass 3 representatives of a sovereign country. Tell the world how you haven't stopped bugging people because think about it my people that is the only way they can have ANY evidence that can stand up. The US themselves know they will not cancel 3 visas based on the word of a parking attendant. except the parking attendant is a CIS spy rigged with bugs in which case it opens a can of worms.
The only that save Nigeria is the truth. Look at how messed up the country is.

The US has evidence and will show it in due course.
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 11:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
I hv decided not to make any comment on this issue until evidence is presented
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by porka: 12:01am On Jun 19, 2016
Dogara should treat their f*ckup.

Learn from India.

They didn't allow any nonsense from the US the other day.

They made them pay dearly for their undiplomatic arrogance.

A country stands up for its citizens.

The only plausible reason the US is going after these guys is to embarrass them because of America's homosexual lifestyle that was roundly voted down.

Learn from Russia. Don't let them dictate to you. Nigeria is a sovereign country.

Learn from America itself. They won't allow anyone to rubbish their leaders.

It wasn't long ago that Dick Cheney, their former vice president (a republican party member) was indicted for the Halliburton bribery scandal in Nigeria. Instead of allowing him to come and clear himself, Hillary Clinton, then the secretary of state (a democratic party member) shielded him.

The case died a natural death.

Dogara should man up.

Stop giving in to their threat/pressure. The worst is to lose an election. They can't do more than that. People have lost elections and heaven hasn't fallen.

If these men were found soliciting for homosexual sex in America, nobody would have heard anything. They would have been treated like their heroes.

The American government would have promptly co-opted them into their elaborate homosexual spreading programs in Africa.

If these guys are allowed to be rubbished like this without a serious fight then the entire government structure of Nigeria is in trouble.

Nigeria has a diplomatic presence in Washington DC. Why did they not go through that. Why this unexplained rush to tarnish the image of these guys.

Stop soliciting for their programs. Stop attending their workshops and seminars. Stop all this beggarly behavior. Stay in your country. Organize programs for them in Nigeria too. Let them come here and spend their foreign currency.

Where is Senator David Mark when you need him most?

2 Likes

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by abimic(m): 12:28am On Jun 19, 2016
porka:
Dogara should treat their f*ckup.

Learn from India.

They didn't allow any nonsense from the US the other day.

They made them pay dearly for their undiplomatic arrogance.

A country stands up for its citizens.

The only plausible reason the US is going after these guys is to embarrass them because of America's homosexual lifestyle that was roundly voted down.

Learn from Russia. Don't let them dictate to you. Nigeria is a sovereign country.

Learn from America itself. They won't allow anyone to rubbish their leaders.

It wasn't long ago that Dick Cheney, their former vice president (a republican party member) was indicted for the Halliburton bribery scandal in Nigeria. Instead of allowing him to come and clear himself, Hillary Clinton, then the secretary of state (a democratic party member) shielded him.

The case died a natural death.

Dogara should man up.

Stop giving in to their threat/pressure. The worst is to lose an election. They can't do more than that. People have lost elections and heaven hasn't fallen.

If these men were found soliciting for homosexual sex in America, nobody would have heard anything. They would have been treated like their heroes.

The American government would have promptly co-opted them into their elaborate homosexual spreading programs in Africa.

If these guys are allowed to be rubbished like this without a serious fight then the entire government structure of Nigeria is in trouble.

Nigeria has a diplomatic presence in Washington DC. Why did they not go through that. Why this unexplained rush to tarnish the image of these guys.

Stop soliciting for their programs. Stop attending their workshops and seminars. Stop all this beggarly behavior. Stay in your country. Organize programs for them in Nigeria too. Let them come here and spend their foreign currency.

Where is Senator David Mark when you need him most?

As much as I agree with your points, vodutive has got more clearer coast than u, he that alleges must prove and here, the US need prove this on three federal lawmakers of a sovereign nation... Whoever claim they don't represent us is only living in a fool's paradise. Proving would require a circuit footage which won't or might not say much, and reeling out the audio would only show they were bugged. But still, one doesn't need the audio as itself is of no essence, as one of the accused lawmakers already said he had no conversation with any attendant talk more of going close to any. To me, the issue shouldn't be swept under the carpet as integrity is what we talking of now o. US should serve us with concrete evidence as a slap on them is a slap on the nation as it affects every other citizens too planning on traveling to the US.
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by porka: 1:49am On Jun 19, 2016
abimic:

As much as I agree with your points, vodutive has got more clearer coast than u, he that alleges must prove and here, the US need prove this on three federal lawmakers of a sovereign nation... Whoever claim they don't represent us is only living in a fool's paradise. Proving would require a circuit footage which won't or might not say much, and reeling out the audio would only show they were bugged. But still, one doesn't need the audio as itself is of no essence, as one of the accused lawmakers already said he had no conversation with any attendant talk more of going close to any. To me, the issue shouldn't be swept under the carpet as integrity is what we talking of now o. US should serve us with concrete evidence as a slap on them is a slap on the nation as it affects every other citizens too planning on traveling to the US.

Your message is not clear, but...

It's extreme naivete to demand for proof of an allegation from the American government. They will provide 'proof' if that will 'satisfy' the Nigerian public.

They provide 'proofs' as routinely as they can. Remember they normally send their alleged criminals to long jail time with 'concrete proofs' only for the 'real truth' to come out 30, 40 years later, when the innocent must have been rendered useless.

For proofs, they can manufacture anything.

You are on a very long thing if you are looking for integrity in America concerning sex. America does not have any integrity as far as sex is concerned.

Don't let us go there.

Their former president was widely supported by their public for his numerous sex with his staff in their White House. Only his political opponents capitalized on it and impeached him in the house, though he was spared from removal from office by their senate.

Their public sees nothing wrong with his widely publicized sex with his aids. They hailed him as their hero. As a matter of fact, the lady whose case was used against their national hero was hounded into exile. She couldn't get a job, she almost became a destitute. She had to relocate to the UK because of 'shame'.

As you can see, this same man's wife might be rewarded with their presidency in November. It goes to show that they are just on to something else with our guys.

What is more? Their biggest celebrity export, a social media/tv reality show sensation is not known to have any special skill or cerebral achievements other than a home sex tape which she exposed to the whole world via the Internet and is being celebrated in their media till today.

You are free to travel to America if that's what you want.

The message is to Dogara and the NASS generally. Washington is trying to blackmail our political leaders. They know that putting much pressure on them might break them and they start acceding to some nonsense American agenda/demands.

Let the NASS members quit going to every so-called capacity building workshops and seminars. Let them organize their seminars in Nigeria or elsewhere. It's not by force they go to America.

Or how do you explain a seminar you are attending and your wife and child are not allowed to stay with you in your hotel only for the organizers to come and accuse you of soliciting for sex from car park attendants?

Why bar someone's wife and child from staying with him in his hotel room? Is he a slave? is that not slavery? Can they do that to white legislators from Europe?

What kind of rubbish is that?

Let our NASS people stop getting desperate. They treated them like low-class people and then came to harass them again. What nonsense is that?

Why accept that kind of arrangement of family separation from the organizers of the seminar? Why the desperation?

It's understandable if they say they (the organizers) won't be responsible for the family's care in the US. In other words, if the Rep guys are to take care of their family tickets and other stuffs. But to outrightly prevent them from staying together is unacceptable.

And Dogara must probe deeply and find the reasons for this degrading treatment with a view to asserting the Nigerian family dignity.
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Gkemz: 2:57am On Jun 19, 2016
Birds of the same feather will always defend each other if need arises. Afterall its good to be your brother's keeper.
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by truthspeaks: 3:23am On Jun 19, 2016
U maybe right but all in all, the typical Nigerian politician is not worth vouching for as they ve always sacrificed their reputation on the altar of pleasure like lust for power, money or any other selfish interests. Politicians that will never stick their neck out for the citizens. Why would they us to stick out necks n voices out for them. Dis one don hook e don hook dem be that. It's a lesson for them all to behave well outside the country.
vodutive:

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by adconline(m): 3:45am On Jun 19, 2016
eleko1:
Gbam! Those White Witches should get lost. Dis is probably identity mistake.The concerned Rep has challenge them to show evidence.. I wonder when having sex with a prostitute,LovePeddler,call girls become crime undecided.their money,their life. I dnt blame those white,dey knw hat our own REPs are goats.Abi,wen a 56/70 yrs old granny dey marry 15 yrs old girl nkoh sad.Evidence pls undecided
Typical Naija mentality of freely giving away ignorance from their resevoir of uninformed and illiterate mind.
Solicitation of prostitue is illegal in the US. Prostitution is illegal

1 Like

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by favouritesahaba: 5:20am On Jun 19, 2016
Does Mr speaker expect them to put CCTV in hotel rooms?
He should conduct thorough investigation
Thanks.
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by princejenks(m): 7:04am On Jun 19, 2016
joseph1832:
Wow!. No evidence yet? I was hoping all the C.S.I and N.C.I.S stuff the show us, with their state of the act forensic techniques, would have provided enough evidence by now. grin grin grin

However, let's wait and see...
take a chill pill here,the US embassy only wrote the house of rep a formal letter of complaint about the reps conduct in their country,it is left to the house leadership to reply the said letter by requesting for the required evidence to nail or exonerate them,so relax as the story unfolds
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by joseph1832(m): 7:52am On Jun 19, 2016
princejenks:
take a chill pill here,the US embassy only wrote the house of rep a formal letter of complaint about the reps conduct in their country,it is left to the house leadership to reply the said letter by requesting for the required evidence to nail or exonerate them,so relax as the story unfolds
Oh yea? You didn't read in the first thread where it was said that the U.S Embassy revoke the visas of the said rep members?

Then again, ask yourself, why didn't the U.S wait for a formal trial and present the Speaker with proper evidence, before revoking the visas of the Rep members, is that how things are done?
Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by Onegai(f): 8:02am On Jun 19, 2016
vodutive:
If you ask me, I think it is possible there is some element of truth but I beleive the US bleeped up by making it public because I am almost certain they have no evidence, it's a question of he said, she said and in that respect it shows they don't think much of us (I don't blame them we dont help ourselves) but it's undiplomatic. Who on earth revokes the visa of 3 federal assembly members based on the words of a car park attendant? I mean c'mon!!!!!!!! You may not respect the individuals but you show respect to the office they hold.

No rational government would risk an international incident over this issue. But the fact that the U.S. Dept of State felt confident enough to issue instructions to the Embassy of the U.S. in Nigeria to withdraw their visas makes it very likely that there's proof and what Dogara is doing is playing to the gallery. NASS knows that to fight this publicly whilst begging privately is the best way to handle the matter. Someone leaked the original letter from the Embassy to the press and I believe it was a Nigerian. This is not the first time the U.S. has brought up issues with some lawmakers, even a former ambassador said the one of the candidates approved by Nigerian FG to be ambassador had to be recalled because of his stepson committing a crime and nothing was reported in the newspapers, it was handled quietly. The U.S. doesn't like being embarassed and I'm pretty sure a Nigerian lawmaker leaked the letter to the press.

And the reason they didn't allow the lawmakers to have their families with them is because they came on Official assignment and were probably partially sponsored by the U.S. dept of state and some NGO. Why should they have to pay for your family as well? I have some experience with stuff like this (from the U.S. side) and these seminars are usually partially funded and organised by the U.S. the host country.

1 Like

Re: Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. by princejenks(m): 8:11am On Jun 19, 2016
joseph1832:
Oh yea? You didn't read in the first thread where it was said that the U.S Embassy revoke the visas of the said rep members?

Then again, ask yourself, why didn't the U.S wait for a formal trial and present the Speaker with proper evidence, before revoking the visas of the Rep members, is that how things are done?
of course i did,its their country and they determine who gets a visa to visit and who doesnt. They dont need any trial to do that but rather if they had detained them over there then this argument would arise. The house should only pursue this case to a logical conclusion for the sake of their integrity not cos visas were revoked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FEC Approves N1.7bn For Construction Of Jetty At Bonny Island / Bukola Saraki: Secession Agitations Fuelled By High Injustice In Nigeria / Yoruba Nation Agitation Not Security Threat, Igboho Replies Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.