Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics (21997 Views)

Nigerian Policeman Spotted Repairing His Gun At A Welder's Workshop. Photos / Adelakun Adeoye Pushing His Spoilt Car On Road (Pics) / Amaka Osakwe Blasts Ambode "For Demolishing Her Shop Without Notice" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by annamaria: 6:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
That road was bad for so long, had caused so much untold hardship. It took concerted efforts of tweeting @akinwunmiambode before it was fixed. There is another portion of that road, just one bus stop away that has a deep gully already. It's only matter of time and the traffic will be back if that point is not fixed immediately.
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by annamaria: 6:49pm On Jun 19, 2016
drewcougar:
Abeg, Nigerians should stop being silly joor. Thanking Ambode for repairing one small spot on the road How is that work? Is that the real issue?

I have lived in Addo - Badore for over 5 years and we have complained about several things over the years and are still complaining. That very spot was still an issue last year and the year before. It is definitely not the case of complaining yesterday and having it fixed today because we have been complaining since.

This past week was not the first time I was getting home at 12 midinght because of that very spot. And to top it all off, the road constructors drove past two other bad spots on the road, one at the u-turn before Akins bustop and the other at Okeira-nla bustop (a few meters in front of the spot they fixed). What would it have taken to just permanently fix those too. They want to wait until they become as bad as the spot they just fixed before they roll in to "save the day" again??

There is also a hole at Addo roundabout that shows up every couple of months and gets wider and wider (like it is doing right now) until it becomes a problem that they finally come to patch up.

Lets not be fickle. We dont vote these people in to come and help us patch roads. We need them to be thinking of permanent solutions for these sort of problems.

How can there be only one workable road in and out of Addo-Badore? No alternative routes that are driveable so everyone has to come out through Addo road. Whenever something happens to Addo road we are all made to suffer (and there is a huge massive community in Addo, Badore and Langbasa).

If Ambode is looking to appreciated for doing work, then he should do the Okeira-nla road linking to the express at Abraham Adesanya. He should revamp the "Newly built" boat terminal at the end of Badore so that people can have an alternative out of the area. And he should complete the coastal road that runs from VI all the way to Epe so that traffic can be moved off the Lekki-Epe expressway.

That would be something I can applaud and not fixing on spot on the road that is no bigger than my living room. Afterall, are we not all already helping the government to do our roads in the area. I dont hear Ambode congratulating all the landlord associations for helping him fix up roads that he was meant to do.

I didn't even read this before I posted. You are so right. You just said it the way it is. Thank you
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by george31(m): 1:20am On Jun 20, 2016
well said @drewcougar...we have a business venture at the said akins bus stop,Ado Road and we see this long traffic stretch on a daily bases It makes no sense patching the bad spot at akins bus stop and avoiding the bad spot before akins and at okeira nla busstop. I wonder when the government of the day will become proactive. smh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Achike Udenwa: "Igbo Presidency 2023 Is Arrant Nonsense" / Video & Pictures As Buhari Campaigns In Zamfara State / Court Orders AGF Fagbemi to Re-Open Dele Giwa's Murder Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.