Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,639 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Is It Ok To Get Married Without Your Parents Consent? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ok To Get Married Without Your Parents Consent? (1485 Views)

Proposing To A Lady Before Parents Consent Is Wrong / In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? / Is It Ok For Ladies To Carry Condoms In Their Bags? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok To Get Married Without Your Parents Consent? by Strahovski1(m): 10:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
My good friend is finally in love. He hated women before with disdain. I introduced a lady to him and i'm happy she has changed his mind about women and now he is in love with her. But his father and mother are not OK with the lady for some undisclosed reasons.

However, i advised him to take her to the court and marry her there since his brothers and uncles have agreed. We are even preparing the dowry bill to send to her so she can pay in bank on monday or tuesday

Is this ok? The lady is from rich family so the dowry we bill her is big money that why i want my friend to marry her so i can take some % of the money as my commission for bringing the girl smiley

I need advise because everybody now has the "F*ck parents" attitude because of the dowry she would pay but i feel its not ok even if i am also interested in the money.

Modified:- Mods i make mistake help change to family section. Thanks
Re: Is It Ok To Get Married Without Your Parents Consent? by nikkyshyne(f): 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
Huh
Re: Is It Ok To Get Married Without Your Parents Consent? by falconey(m): 11:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
naah not in my culture ..........

like in indian movies he should ELOPE with her.

I watched sharukh khan,salman khan,ranveer Singh, ashay Kumar, hitrick roshan, shahid kapoor, abichek bachan do it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Get Married Without Your Parents Consent? by Dezzx(m): 11:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
you mean the girl is going to pay the guy to marry her? that is alien to our culture and tradition.
Re: Is It Ok To Get Married Without Your Parents Consent? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
LOL.. first of all, how much is the dowry? i mean the bill. Lets start from there.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Get Married Without Your Parents Consent? by vizkiz: 11:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
Well, maybe that is how it's done in India. Here in Nigeria you have to listen to your parents and follow their instructions...not 100% though because they are human and can be wrong but what an elder sees sitting...

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Get Married Without Your Parents Consent? by Strahovski1(m): 11:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
falconey:
naah not in my culture ..........

like in indian movies he should ELOPE with her.

I watched sharukh khan,salman khan,ranveer Singh, ashay Kumar, hitrick roshan, shahid kapoor, abichek bachan do it.

That is what he wants to do but its actually wrong to me but i dont know.

You like India movies? They suck you know.
Re: Is It Ok To Get Married Without Your Parents Consent? by sLentlover7778(m): 11:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
How will the marriage prosper without blessing from your parent..
Re: Is It Ok To Get Married Without Your Parents Consent? by Strahovski1(m): 11:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
coolsix:
LOL.. first of all, how much is the dowry? i mean the bill. Lets start from there.

lol bro the dowry is in Indian currency so you may not know the value. Lets forget about that grin
Re: Is It Ok To Get Married Without Your Parents Consent? by Strahovski1(m): 11:11pm On Jun 18, 2016
sLentlover7778:
How will the marriage prosper without blessing from your parent..

So to you, its not ok?
Re: Is It Ok To Get Married Without Your Parents Consent? by Strahovski1(m): 11:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
Dezzx:
you mean the girl is going to pay the guy to marry her? that is alien to our culture and tradition.

Thats how it is in India.

The woman marry the man not the man marry woman smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Get Married Without Your Parents Consent? by sLentlover7778(m): 11:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
To me it's 100% wrong..

Strahovski1:

So to you, its not ok?

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Get Married Without Your Parents Consent? by ammyluv2002(f): 11:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
Its not okay to get married without their consent! Court wedding is not biblical, he has to marry the babe traditionally. I know some parents can give some funny reasons, but he should try to make them understand.

It's not a curse, but such marriages doesn't last. We all need our parents blessings to succeed in life, it goes a long way.

I walked out of a relationship simply because his mum never liked me, he insisted tho but i quietly walked away. I have seen and heard cases and i don't want to fall victim to such drama. #LifeIsTooShortBiko

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok To Get Married Without Your Parents Consent? by Tommfrench(m): 11:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
Try a marriage with out parental blessing,

and, you probably might see yourself praying to die one day undecided
Re: Is It Ok To Get Married Without Your Parents Consent? by Strahovski1(m): 1:06am On Jun 19, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Its not okay to get married without their consent! Court wedding is not biblical, he has to marry the babe traditionally. I know some parents can give some funny reasons, but he should try to make them understand.

It's not a curse, but such marriages doesn't last. We all need our parents blessings to succeed in life, it goes a long way.

I walked out of a relationship simply because his mum never liked me, he insisted tho but i quietly walked away. I have seen and heard cases and i don't want to fall victim to such drama. #LifeIsTooShortBiko

The bible part lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Ok To Get Married Without Your Parents Consent? by ednut1(m): 5:53am On Jun 19, 2016
gold diggers alert. smh
Re: Is It Ok To Get Married Without Your Parents Consent? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 19, 2016
Strahovski1:

lol bro the dowry is in Indian currency so you may not know the value. Lets forget about that grin

hmmm. Anyway in my opinion its not a big deal. Its perfectly ok
Re: Is It Ok To Get Married Without Your Parents Consent? by Fhowe: 5:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
Don't try it I have seen a lot of cases like this parents have a way of seeing things

(1) (Reply)

Do You Agree With This Pics?? / Oh! How I've Missed Romanceland / 8 Valid Reasons Why You Should NEVER Chase A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.