Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,596 members, 7,958,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:26 AM

Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer (28019 Views)

Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu / Edo 2016: Aisha Buhari’s Support For Obaseki Is Laughable — Mrs Akande / The Biography Of Godwin Obaseki, The APC Edo State Governorship Flag Bearer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by NaijaCuzin: 5:02am On Jun 19, 2016
The APC Edo 2016 governorship primary election committee headed by Gov Masari of Katsina state has declared Godwin Obaseki as the winner of the primary election held at Samuel Ogbemudia stadium Benin city.

The election which went into the middle of the night through to early hours of this morning, was contested by 12 aspirants.

2,873 delegates from 192 wards of Edo state were accredited for the primary election. Obaseki scored a total of 1618 votes to emerge APC’s flag bearer over his closest rival , Pius Odubu who happens to be current deputy governor, having 471 votes. Here is a breakdown of the results per candidate ,

Agbarha Justina 3

Chris Ogiemwonyi 137

Oserheimen Osunbor 10

Godwin Obaseki 1618

Kenneth Imansuangbon 247

Blessing Agbomhere 5

Charles Airhiavbere 11

Fredrick Amadasun 8

Emmanuel Arigbe-Osula 10

Austin Emuan 7

Peter Esele 8

http://www.nta.ng/news/politics/20160619-edo-2016-governorship-godwin-obaseki-emerges-apcs-flag-bearer-scores-1618-to-win-primaries/

1 Like

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by BigBelleControl(m): 5:10am On Jun 19, 2016
Hope there were no protests?
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by utenwuson: 5:14am On Jun 19, 2016
pdp will take over all the South south states that's 4 sure! oshiomole tenure go soon expire so will his agreement wt lara expire!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Jaymaxxy(m): 5:17am On Jun 19, 2016
I don't want to hear that one candidate is defecting to another party later o.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Mjshexy(f): 5:20am On Jun 19, 2016
Osho baba has done his home work.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Ebubeslym(m): 5:22am On Jun 19, 2016
K
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:27am On Jun 19, 2016
Unfortunately for Obaseki, he will lose to Pastor Ize Iyamu of PDP

100 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Frankiss44(m): 5:38am On Jun 19, 2016
It's official.. Pastor Ize of PDP vs Obaseki of APC.. It's gonna be a tight race and I hope the Edo People will be allowed to decide who rules them without fear and intimidation.. And also the inconclusive INEC should try and put their house in order before then.

God bless the people of Edo state and God bless Nigeria.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Nobody: 5:38am On Jun 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Big mouth. Who is going to vote Ize Iyamu the thieving SSG to Lucky Igbinedion back then? You and your rented Cameroonians abi? I laugh you.

EDO FOR APC
PROGRESS FOR EVER

148 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Tunechi1(m): 5:58am On Jun 19, 2016
Make we dey observe

12 Likes

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by mokaflex(m): 6:05am On Jun 19, 2016
I taught God fatherism has stopped in my country. all this anointed candidates. I don't expect much from them.

6 Likes

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by LMAyedun(m): 6:05am On Jun 19, 2016
Edo state always coming up with wor-wor Governors.

God have mercy!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by abitex577(m): 6:10am On Jun 19, 2016
ok
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by CJERRYEMILEX(m): 6:11am On Jun 19, 2016
Godfatherism is APC's style of politics which will fail them this time. Nigerians are not fools, oshomole is looking for who will cover all his atrocities in Edo state, we shall see

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Nobody: 6:13am On Jun 19, 2016
Ok
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by emiwanlee(m): 6:26am On Jun 19, 2016
Ize Iyamu can never be a governor in Edo state. As the Godwin of a Guy, he can not be trusted

7 Likes

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by petrov10: 6:28am On Jun 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
normal

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by sandraokosun: 6:42am On Jun 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
you would never learn, u sit in the creeks and start reasoning rubbish. The 2015 election hasnt thought u anything. From what is reality now obaseki would win edo north with oshomole prescence in his district, this primary should tell u oshomole capacity to win his own. Edo central the smallest with 5lga would go with pdp. Edo south would be a split btw same district indigenes. Ur ize iyamu is still know as the brain behind lucky igbinedion term as its ssg. Apc has the support of the palace and would win edo south. Apc has more structures than pdp. The calibre of aspirants tells u all against a pdp that its looters are trying to save loot and avoid notice me. This is the true picture of edo election

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by handie(m): 6:48am On Jun 19, 2016
Even before the (s)election, we in Edo all know Oshiomole's errand boy was gonna be declared winner. And now, we're at a quandary. Do we vote for this puppet who'll automatically continue Oshiomole's overwhelming underachievement that's masked by hypocrisy and propaganda or do we vote for Osagie Ize Iyamu another thief and political prostitute whose only goal is to dip his hand into Edo's state treasury? Now this is the dilemma we're in and it's a dilemma that has plagued the Nigerian political scene for ages(lack of credible candidates) as elections are monetised and those credible candidates may not have d financial clout to battle these charlatans. And for this reason, I have no regrets voting for Muhammadu Buhari who ain't the best but was d least of d 2 devils. As for this upcoming Edo elections, I'll either vote for APGA or some other party than give my vote to either Godwin Obaseki or Osagie Ize Iyamu

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by macino1(m): 6:48am On Jun 19, 2016
Very much expected. . .Yesterday's exercise is just a formality of the "Deja vu"

The best way to win a war is to target and strick the commander. Oshos fought the godfathers in Edo State: Igbinedion, Tony Anineh, etc only to take their place as a godfather. I see Oshos as the Tinubu of my State.

Smart guy!

3 Likes

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 19, 2016
News of decampees will be the next news from Edo state.
wait oooo why do Edo people like ugly Governors?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by PassingShot(m): 7:01am On Jun 19, 2016
Frankiss44:
It's official.. Pastor Ize of PDP vs Obaseki of APC.. It's gonna be a tight race and I hope the Edo People will be allowed to decide who rules them without fear and intimidation.. And also the inconclusive INEC should try and put their house in order before then.

God bless the people of Edo state and God bless Nigeria.
Inconclusive elections are a result of thuggery, killing and other violence during elections.

It's more acceptable to have inconclusive elections than have results written by the ruling party as done during PDP era.

Inconclusive means something has gone wrong and we're not accepting the anomaly until corrected.

Frankiss44:

If results were always written by PDP like you claim, they would have still been in power at the central or in most states ... We saw inconclusive elections die to the fact that INEC was stupid enough to swap electoral material for one local government for another.. In some cases, materials didn't even get to some local government in time or at all... So it was not only the case of thuggery and violence.
Writing of election results can only be done where you're already having the upper hand. And we know PDP had the upper hand in many of those elections they wrote the result.

Where a party is not acceptable to the majority of electorates, writing election results, even as a ruling party, is an invitation to civil unrest and chaos. That's why PDP couldn't write the result in NE/NW/NC and SW in 2015 even though they wrote in SS/SE. Remember the professor that said to the nation he wrote his result "under special condition"?
cheesy cheesy cheesy

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Caseless: 7:07am On Jun 19, 2016
Congratulations!

All we know is , the main opposition party is in disarray.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by handie(m): 7:08am On Jun 19, 2016
Expect the privatization of Edo State University Iyamho within 2 years if Obaseki wins d general election...... And I don't think I need to tell u who'll be acquiring the institution. As for Ize-Iyamu, he no get plan for Edo state..... Other than to be addressed as governor and chopping our money

9 Likes

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by greatness22(m): 7:11am On Jun 19, 2016
The short black monkey don put e loyal dog as flag bearer. I see a flawless victory for PDP in the election, exactly the way PDP flawed APC in Bayelsa.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by martin123: 7:16am On Jun 19, 2016
History will not repeat itself. Obaseki's great great grand father was a traitor to Oba Ovoramwen. Now, we're trying to Enthrone a New Oba, another Obaseki want to be governor. Edo people will not allow him. It is very obvious now that APC is loosing to PDP in Edo State. the Binis will not forget Invasion 1898 in a hurry.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Mylove55(f): 7:16am On Jun 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
u are not in edo state, ize-iyamu wil be d worst candidate for pdp, ize-iyamu is like modu-sherif vested with HIV. solomon edebiri is d only one in d contest without infection

11 Likes

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by BENZINA(m): 7:30am On Jun 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
For sure boss. Ize Iyamu at the moment enjoys the sympathy of most Edo people due to the economic situation of the country and the political standard he carrys.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Frankiss44(m): 7:30am On Jun 19, 2016
PassingShot:

Inconclusive elections are a result of thuggery, killing and other violence during elections.

It's more acceptable to have inconclusive elections than have results written by the ruling party as done during PDP era.

Inconclusive means something has gone wrong and we're not accepting the anomaly until corrected.

If results were always written by PDP like you claim, they would have still been in power at the central or in most states ... We saw inconclusive elections die to the fact that INEC was stupid enough to swap electoral material for one local government for another.. In some cases, materials didn't even get to some local government in time or at all... So it was not only the case of thuggery and violence.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Dexema(m): 7:32am On Jun 19, 2016
Now we know the contestants let the shampaign begin. Just don't put innocent Nigerians in danger because of your ambition.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by FlameDynasty: 7:44am On Jun 19, 2016
Politics is war without bloodshed.

but naija own..na with bloodshed...

how did I have dis feeling a time bomb is about to explode

finger crossed cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

An Extraordinary Lady - FFK Gushes About Wife, Precious / FCT Police Warns Against 2face Planned Protest / CAN President, Daniel Okoh, Distances Self From APC Presidential Campaign List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.