Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu (21681 Views)

Edo 2016: Aisha Buhari’s Support For Obaseki Is Laughable — Mrs Akande / Profile Of Osagie Ize-Iyamu PDP Governorship Candidate In Edo / Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by suasmablow(m): 10:26pm On Nov 12, 2016
Following the swearing in of the winner of the Edo State Governorship Election Saturday, the defeated candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, waved off the occasion, saying Obaseki will only enjoy the stolen mandate for a short period as a caretaker governor. Ize-Iyamu who said this in Benin at the opening of the office of the Edo Mandate Recovery Centre, assured his supporters that he would reclaim his mandate as the duly elected Governor of Edo State.

Ize-Iyamu said: “I will do everything to ensure the actualization of the mandate they gave to me. I cannot be compromised, I cannot be bought and I have faith in the judiciary, I have faith in God”, he said.

“Edo people should also have faith, and on no condition should they resort to violence. It is going to be a long road and in the course of this journey, a man who did not win will be temporarily sworn in; but we must not leave the State. The will of God will be done at the end of the day”.

Daniel Ogbegie of the Edo Mandate Recovery Group explained the reason behind the platform saying: “We honestly believe that the movement to reclaim this mandate has gone beyond the PDP and Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu. It is a movement of all Edo people. A movement to protect the sanctity of our tomorrow, our collective destinies.

“So we as a group will serve as a veritable platform for the critical stakeholders in this mandate to synergize in ensuring resounding success in the aforementioned goals.

“As part of recovering this mandate, it is pertinent to also monitor the Government that is being inaugurated today at the Ogbemudia stadium; not to give them legitimacy and hold them to account to the people throughout the short period they will superintend over the affairs of the State.

“This we shall do on behalf of the people and the government that shall be installed in accordance with their will at the end of the constitutional process of mandate recovery that has already been embarked upon by the PDP at the Governorship Election Petition Tribunal.

“I assure Edo people that we have a good case at the tribunal and with your prayers and every support, we shall pursue, overcome and recover all”.

Pastor Ize-Iyamu after the declaration of the Edo election results by INEC has claimed that by his parallel results that he deserved the victory.

source: http://www.versatilereporters.com/2016/11/obaseki-is-been-sworn-in-as-caretaker.html

13 Likes

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by slivertongue: 10:28pm On Nov 12, 2016
serious
Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by Absolutezero: 10:33pm On Nov 12, 2016
Okay then,goodluck with that....this one that all the judges are APC allies.

20 Likes

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by ufuosman(m): 10:38pm On Nov 12, 2016
I like ur believe........ am Hapi u knw is a long road, if d cap fit u definitely u will wear it one day!!

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by RoyalBlak007: 10:42pm On Nov 12, 2016
He sounds so confident grin
"Return of the Mack"

10 Likes

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by ojun50(m): 10:48pm On Nov 12, 2016
Whn
Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by Ahmadgani(m): 6:37am On Nov 13, 2016
dream on

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by kcnwaigbo: 6:48am On Nov 13, 2016
Absolutezero:
Okay then,goodluck with that....this one that all the judges are APC allies.
Where did you get this from?

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by morereb10: 6:53am On Nov 13, 2016
Hmmmmm

PDP and foolishness

They never give up abi

Let the court proceedings begin

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by blackpanda: 7:16am On Nov 13, 2016
Iyamu should please shut up

Useless cultist!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 13, 2016
blackpanda:

Useless cultist!
What has cultist got to do with leadership here? Wasn't Oshiomole a tout before becoming a governor?

25 Likes

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by Qmerit(m): 8:14am On Nov 13, 2016
It is a movement of all Edo people.

Stop that pls, which all Edo people.
Wetin concern me and my family for una devilish movement.
(some Edo people would ve been better)

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by morbeta(m): 8:25am On Nov 13, 2016
Chai the thing pain am.just wondering how he will win, when APC is the GOVERNMENT.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by Turks: 8:48am On Nov 13, 2016
I'm sure you can't wait to take over the debts too

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by kidman96(m): 8:49am On Nov 13, 2016
Lol
Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by Lordave: 8:49am On Nov 13, 2016
Accept defeat and work with the governor to make Edo better, u nit wit!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 13, 2016
grin
Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by Jamesmatic(m): 8:50am On Nov 13, 2016
E pain am.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by martineverest(m): 8:50am On Nov 13, 2016
delusionist/hallucinationist ize-iyamu

his quest to give igbinedion state birthday killed him politically

the way oshiomole dealth with these ppl still baffle me

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by sassiemyk: 8:51am On Nov 13, 2016
Osho enter dat way. So you too will

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by muller101(m): 8:51am On Nov 13, 2016
morereb10:
Hmmmmm

PDP and foolishness

They never give up abi

Let the court proceedings begin
same way apc did in rivers and akwa ibom.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by Christane: 8:51am On Nov 13, 2016
Na him sabi ...jst accept defeat nd chill nd watch tnz unfold... Nd make mockery of dem. ..am tired of my state producing ugly govenor 4rm lucky to osho and nw obaseki ...i wud av luv iyamu to win if nt 4 anyfin atleast 4 a beta luking govenor to b d face of edo state... Bt anyhw sha d wor wor continues

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by MzMercie: 8:51am On Nov 13, 2016
Waste of time and money, just accept defeat and try again next time
Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by confistified(m): 8:52am On Nov 13, 2016
angry cheesy
Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by hisjosan(m): 9:05am On Nov 13, 2016
this is a joke right...

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by redsceptic: 9:07am On Nov 13, 2016
Qmerit:
It is a movement of all Edo people.

Stop that pls, which all Edo people.
Wetin concern me and my family for una devilish movement.
(some Edo people would ve been better)

Dont mind him. A rusticated cultist, looter and PDP member. Three strikes! Yet he wants me to support his venal ambition to rule the state with Dan Orbih, Igbinedion and Anenih.

Nonsense.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by henryharry82(m): 9:09am On Nov 13, 2016
Wonderful Obaseki... Pastor ize iyamu is coming

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by Qmerit(m): 9:10am On Nov 13, 2016
redsceptic:

Dont mind him. A rusticated cultist, looter and PDP member. Three strikes! Yet he wants me to support his venal ambition to rule the state with Dan Orbih, Igbinedion and Anenih.

Nonsense.

I would ve ignored the post cause I know he's wasting time BUT the "all Edo people" called my attention!

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by autonomous22: 9:11am On Nov 13, 2016
blackpanda:
Useless cultist!
Na ur papa initiate am ?

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu by idris4eva(m): 9:14am On Nov 13, 2016
Presidential election was just held in the US no claim foul ordinary governorship election they will be going to court as if they had the betterment of the citizen in their mind.......

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Are Confused - Presidency Mocks Obasanjo / Twitter Escalated Boko Haram Insurgency - APC Reps Member, Yunusa Ahmad / How Tinubu Lured Five Govs Out Of PDP — Tony Momoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.