Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,554 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation (6540 Views)

US Calls For Calm In Army IPOB Clash / Man Collapses Ahead Of Planned Protest Over Buhari’s Resignation In Abuja. PICS / Aisha Yesufu Forced To Resign As BBOG Convener Over Call For Buhari Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by glacswhite: 8:26am On Jun 19, 2016
US Calls for Buhari’s Resignation, Releases
Indicting Report
The United States of America, US, has
taken a swipe and technically called for
the resignation of President Muhammadu
Buhari, while revealing the President’s
visionless plan for the country.
The World’s most powerful country,
accused the Buhari administration of
sheepishly running Nigeria underground.
The US former Chairman of House
Intelligence Committee, Pete Hoekstra,
made this disclosure on behalf of the
United States, in an opinion article he
wrote on Friday, June 17, published in the
Wall Street Journal.
In the opinion piece titled, “Buhari is
Nigeria’s problem, not it’s solution”,
Hoekstra slammed the Buhari-led Federal
Government of lacking vision in
addressing the country’s dire economic
and financial conditions.
His article was a response to Buhari’s
article in the same journal on Tuesday,
titled, “The three changes Nigeria needs”.
The President had written in the same
journal, that the country needed to
restore trust, re-balance the economy
and regenerate growth.
Taking a swipe at Buhari, the US former
Lawmaker, noted that Buhari’s anti-
corruption drive was selective and
focused on shutting up chieftains of the
Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
He said, “Nigerian President Muhammadu
Buhari, writes of building an economic
bridge to Nigeria’s future. It is hard to see
how his administration’s inflexibility, lack
of vision and reactive approach, will
achieve this. Buhari notes that building
trust is a priority for Nigeria.
He added: “Meanwhile, members of
Buhari’s own cabinet, accused of large-
scale corruption, walk free. Seventy
percent of the national treasury is spent
on the salaries and benefits of
government officials, who make upwards
of $2 million a year”.
Hoekstra, added that Buhari’s ideas to
rebalance the economy and regenerate
growth, had crippled the country.

“We have begun to tackle the endemic
corruption and mismanagement that is
crippling our economy, and corroding
trust in our institutions.
“The anti-corruption fight is at the heart
of combating poverty and improving
security.
“I am optimistic that our actions are
providing the breathing room Nigeria
needs during this period of fundamental
change…” Buhari had written.
“But an anti-corruption drive that is
selective and focused on senior
members of the opposition party,
creates deep political divisions”.
“The manufacturing sector, essential to
Nigeria’s diversification, has been the
hardest hit, exacerbating an already
fast-growing employment crisis. Foreign
investors have started to flee en masse.
“Buhari makes only brief mention of the
country’s deteriorating security
situation.
“But security and stability are
precursors to economic growth and
development. Boko Haram has been
pushed back for now, but little attention
is paid to the structural issues that have
spurred its rise”.

www.weeklypostng.org/2016/06/us-calls-for-buharis-resignation.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook&m=1

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by sweetgala(m): 8:28am On Jun 19, 2016
Old news....
Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by Mynd44: 8:31am On Jun 19, 2016
This person that… ..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:31am On Jun 19, 2016
US should stay clear from Nigeria matter, Buhari must finish what he started..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by doublewisdom: 8:31am On Jun 19, 2016
undecided
Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by lirusehn(m): 8:38am On Jun 19, 2016
disappointed undecided
Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by acenazt: 8:41am On Jun 19, 2016
Did Ronald Reagan retire?
Did Bill Clinton retire? These U.S politicians can be so selfish and blind

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by Abeymills(m): 8:42am On Jun 19, 2016
Bubuhari is a disaster

10 Likes

Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by ybalogs(m): 8:46am On Jun 19, 2016
What's that his name again? Wouldn't still remember if I go through this article ten times over. He's just an irrelevant fool seeking relevance with eating Buhari. idiorta.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by thesicilian: 8:48am On Jun 19, 2016
The US should leave Nigeria alone and face their own dwindling economy. Let me remind them if they are not already aware: China is already taking over the world and very soon they the US will go down the path of ancient Egypt, Britain, Rome etc.
So they have bigger problems than trying to run our nation for us

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by AntiWailer: 8:50am On Jun 19, 2016
One eediot will just type something to get traffic.

I think I support the Social media Bill.

Nobody can try this nonsense in China or Russia.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 19, 2016
You take one news and refurbish it into different article with catchy headlines.
A blogger's got to eat, i guess.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by CAPSLOCKED: 8:58am On Jun 19, 2016
IT'S AMAZING HOW THE AMERICANS KNOW THE PERFECT WAYS TO FIX THE ISSUES OF OTHER COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD

BUT HAVE NO CLUE ON HOW TO DEAL WITH THEIRS.. .

WOW! undecided

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by kettle84(m): 9:03am On Jun 19, 2016
Buhari knows deep down in his heart that he has succeeded in running Nigeria aground. only zombies think otherwise

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by theEYe21(f): 9:05am On Jun 19, 2016
What is US Buisness with Nigerian politics or Buhari undecided they should keep quiet and mind their business undecided the last time I checked Nigeria is in Africa not in Northern America undecided

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by jhydebaba(m): 9:59am On Jun 19, 2016
Since the PDP has failed to perform its function as main opposition party, US don take over.

Oga US, abeg face front.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 19, 2016
Exactly,God bless USA
Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by biafranjesus1: 10:03am On Jun 19, 2016
Let the paedophile stay in Power. It will be sweeter if he dies in power.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by Caseless: 10:08am On Jun 19, 2016
The writer of this poo is a headless donkey.

US telling the president of a sovereign country to resign?

Are they that slow and dull?

Blithering fatuity!

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 10:51am On Jun 19, 2016
THIS PIECE IS DEFINITELY AN IMAGINATION OF THE WRITER'S AVENGERFRAPOBIC USELESS BRAIN.

LONG LIVE OUR DEAR PMB

LONGER LIVE THE APC

LONGEST LIVE MY NIGERIA

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO YOU ALL.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 10:53am On Jun 19, 2016
theEYe21:
What is US Buisness with Nigerian politics or Buhari undecided they should keep quiet and mind their business undecided the last time I checked Nigeria is in Africa not in Northern America undecided
Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 19, 2016
Just passing...

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 19, 2016
I Laugh In French Lols.
Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by Topshow2010(m): 11:10am On Jun 19, 2016
I won't be surprise even though I believe it wont av emanated frm d US ,bcuz US have neva ben comfortable with a good and patriotic president who won't dance to their tunes or tow their own line of tots in Africa or any developing nation;1984 IBB overthrown of Buhari govt sponsored by d US thru d CIA readily comes to mind.
Moreso with naija recent bilteral economic relationship with China,I didn't expect less frm them.The Lord wud continually strenghtened our president and makes us all enjoy d goodness in dis govt IJN.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by olarhtunji(m): 11:14am On Jun 19, 2016
I don't know what concern mayonnaise on Nutella matters

Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:23am On Jun 19, 2016
thesicilian:
The US should leave Nigeria alone and face their own dwindling economy. Let me remind them if they are not already aware: China is already taking over the world and very soon they the US will go down the path of ancient Egypt, Britain, Rome etc.

You hit the nail on its head when you mentioned China; Buhari offended the west especially America when he became opened the possibility of currency exchange deal with China; since then watchers would notice the subtle clever anti Buhari/Nigerian government media propaganda - other leaders (Saddam and Ghaddafi) with policy shift which threatened the economy of these world powers never lived to see them through; please pray for Buhari and this country lest they interfere with our country in the same way e.g. encouraging/ supporting NDA/IPOB agitations.
Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by glacswhite: 11:28am On Jun 19, 2016
My Question is ''Why is it the Others Countries are now more concerned on Nigerian Political matters since Buhari took over?''
Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by orisa37: 11:47am On Jun 19, 2016
The NASS should use this Thread as a Bill to Impeach him.
Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by SIRTee15: 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2016
thesicilian:

there's nothing wrong with America...it still remain the greatest nation on the earth.
their only setback was outsourcing their manufacturing base to China and Mexico .... and Donald Trump is going to bring it back.
watch as ur so called China economy struggle when Donald Trump put an end to that madness called outsourcing.
Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by Horus(m): 12:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
[size=17pt]Rule 8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.[/size]

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by amaechi1: 1:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
Who made the call? If it is not Obama, then no need to read the post.
Re: BREAKING: US Calls For Buhari's Resignation by Immunity1(f): 1:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
Crap he is trying to be relevant

(1) (2) (Reply)

TSA: Buhari Government Saves N24.7bn Monthly / Rare photo of Governor Ambode’s children paying courtesy to President Buhari / Enugu Govt To Reconstruct Monarch Mini-bridge, Ugwuaji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.