Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool (1471 Views)

7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify / 6 Quotes Ladies Say To Justify Themselves For Being Single / At 27 Stil Single,is It Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by oluwasijiola(m): 5:57am On Jun 20, 2016
7 reasons why being single is cool

We live in an age where being single is being looked upon like it's a serious disease more like HIV, Ebola or Cancer but is it as bad as the society has made it look? For one, we can all agree that many people are single although while some are searching, some are not! While some are in a serious relationship, some are just passing time away.

The new lifestyle that the society adopts now is that a girl or even a boy must be in a relationship. At 14 or 15 most girls or boys are under the illusion(or not) that they are already in a serious love courtship that is definitely ending in marriage only to find out that things are not the way it seems. So, they inevitably end up single.

For a human lifestyle, being single is something that is unavoidable at one point or the other and perhaps maybe it is not as bad as many see it which is the purpose of the blog. Talking from personal experience here, I will discuss and highlight few benefits of being single.

Independence
This goes to the women especially but it's no doubt that men also want their independence in life. At least, many of us love to live our life knowing we can stay alone and have a good time at one point or the other in life without depending on one man or woman as the case may be. As you know, being single gives room, a lot of room for that.

Freedom
Many men as well as women are already choked in relationships that they put themselves in. You can't go out, you can't visit this place, many can't even take a call in privacy. Some men check more on their women more than they check their mailbox. Same goes for women that think their men is a purse that you carry around. This can drive humans nuts as it is our nature to seek out freedom and space wherever we may find it.

Love is sweet no doubt. Having someone in your life is great, no doubt but being free can be the most beautiful experience in life. The type we all need from time to time!

If you're single, it is your best chance at freedom.

Self improvement
Self Improvement is a lifestyle that all of us must adopt. We just need to be better. We want to improve, we want to be a better version of who we are. It's not something we do for a man/woman, no. It's not something we want to do for another person but what we do for oneself.

It is easy to lose focus while in a relationship a luxury that you can avoid when single. You can work on yourself and leave a better lifestyle instead of trying to please a man. You can be a better you. And when you do, it's a magnet for the best people

Unhindered Friendship
It's actually easy to make friends when you're single than when you're not. Females tends to lose friends when in a serious relationship and they often don't make many especially if it's related to the opposite sex. Moving or having fun in groups also become reduced as a result of it. You tend to devote your time to a single partner.

It(when single) is the best time to make new friends. It's the best time to make multiple friends even if it's of the opposite sex without a partner feeling cheated or jealous. Do i need to say more on the benefits of having friends?

Exploration
You can explore the world alone. You can go to wherever you want and whenever you feel like going. You can visit any place you want without taking a permission or feeling you need an opinion or someone to go with.You can try new things like sports, lifestyle, religion, traveling and so on. Being single may just be the best thing for anyone who has a thing for exploration. You can see the world and find yourself in it.

Save yourself the heartbreak
We've all been there haven't we? The occasional heartbreak, the guilt, the hurt and the pains. The free packages that relationship offers to us all. If you're not ready or if you're just healing from one, you better stay single till you are willing to commit yourself wholeheartedly to any man or woman.

At least, when single the fear of a break up or heartbreak, insecurity, jealousy is out of the equation.

Why share the love with someone when you can have it to yourself? One of the greatest love of all is the type that you can give to yourself. Loving oneself is a thing of joy. What's better? You don't need a man or woman as the case may be to show yourself real love. And sometimes, it is better to stay single till you find a serious and committed partner

Do you agree with my points? Do you have more? Drop your comments, Like and share.
[url]
http://www.wikeria.org/2016/06/7-reasons-why-being-single-is-cool.html[/url]

Check http://www.wikeria.org/ for more interesting posts

Written by Alimi Taiwo Hassan for wikeria.org

Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by Nobody: 6:04am On Jun 20, 2016
Nice one.......

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by makydebbie(f): 6:09am On Jun 20, 2016
SANDOSKI:
Nice one.......
mummy ya single?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by larykings: 6:10am On Jun 20, 2016
Buy Passports, Visa,Driver license,ID Cards,: kingselectrons@yahoo.com
purchase registered and unregistered passport of all countries.visas,biometric
passport,degrees,drivers license,I.D cards.Training certificates M
GCSE, A-levels,
High School Diploma Certificates ,GMAT, MCAT, and
Certificates ,
novelty Birth, Marriage, and Death Certificates , Novelty Passports and New
Identity Packages , Replicated, False Degrees/Diplomas from most post-secondary
institutions from around the world (we have over 3000 templates on file) all
designed to look 100% identical to the original.Custom Printing
We use high quality equipment and materials to produce authentic and counterfeit
documents.All secret features of real passports are carefully duplicated for our
Registered and unregistered documents.

Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 20, 2016
makydebbie:
mummy ya single?

Daughter.... I'm single ...gringringringrin

Aw r u

Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by makydebbie(f): 6:13am On Jun 20, 2016
SANDOSKI:

Daughter.... I'm single ...gringringringrin

Aw r u
i'm fine..
Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by zeetyzin(m): 6:15am On Jun 20, 2016
SANDOSKI:
Nice one.......
I can un-single u, u know
makydebbie:
mummy ya single?
And bcom ur daddy.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by donbenedict(m): 6:16am On Jun 20, 2016
There is time for everything.

It's not when the time for getn a partner comes and u keep on deceiving urself saying being single is the ultimate. U will just end up dying a lonely person!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by sinaj(f): 6:17am On Jun 20, 2016
Hehehe op cold go finish u diz rainy season grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by Caseless: 6:22am On Jun 20, 2016
Make I de here first till good people start voting for ivyy.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by makydebbie(f): 6:24am On Jun 20, 2016
zeetyzin:
And bcom ur daddy.
lol..mummy whayasay?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by bitchcrafts: 6:30am On Jun 20, 2016
Why u too dey fear fear? Dem tell u say you go get lovers for heaven? Your head like coconut grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by xendra: 6:36am On Jun 20, 2016
donbenedict:
There is time for everything.

It's not when the time for getn a partner comes and u keep on deceiving urself saying being single is the ultimate. U will just end up dying a lonely person!

True
Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by Mcowubaba: 6:37am On Jun 20, 2016
Some Relationships are actually hellfire on earth.......
So much complaints, unfaithfulness, nagging, financial burden......
Many guys would love to be single, but due to Conji angry the will still be enduring the relationship...
Many girls too would love to be single but due to the benefits the get, the will not leave.....

I don comot o, before all the confused feminists come for me...
Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by donbenedict(m): 6:39am On Jun 20, 2016
xendra:
True
I swear.. people shouldn't be ashamed to admitting they are single and searching...

Me of course is very much single and searching... and until I find the right lady, I won't stop going out for dates..

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by klassykute(m): 6:39am On Jun 20, 2016
lol save urself the heart break
Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 20, 2016
zeetyzin:

And bcom ur daddy.

Lol....gringrin
Makydebbie come see... He wants to be ur dadgrin

Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by zeetyzin(m): 6:48am On Jun 20, 2016
SANDOSKI:

Lol....gringrin Makydebbie come see... He wants to be ur dadgrin
cmon...Our daughter needs a daddy.. I love u, talk ur own. #Noforming.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by makydebbie(f): 6:53am On Jun 20, 2016
SANDOSKI:

Lol....gringrin
Makydebbie come see... He wants to be ur dadgrin
let him pay my school fees firstgrin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by makydebbie(f): 6:53am On Jun 20, 2016
zeetyzin:
cmon...Our daughter needs a daddy.. I love u, talk ur own. #Noforming.
drop ur cv...lets wait for my twwiny Juhan to come
Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 20, 2016
zeetyzin:

cmon...Our daughter needs a daddy..
I love u, talk ur own.
#Noforming.

I love u pass....forming kegringrin

Oya pay my pikin school fees. Makydebbie send ur account number to daddygrin

Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by makydebbie(f): 7:13am On Jun 20, 2016
SANDOSKI:

I love u pass....forming kegringrin

Oya pay my pikin school fees. Makydebbie send ur account number to daddygrin
daddy iyam coming..
Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by rose54321: 7:15am On Jun 20, 2016
It's not cool Jor, except it's a consciously made decision.

This looks like a consolation list.
Hey, look at me I'm Single, might as well console myself.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by joshuamoses101(m): 7:54am On Jun 20, 2016
sinaj:
Hehehe op cold go finish u diz rainy season grin
sinaj m cold o embarassed
Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by qoura123(m): 8:17am On Jun 20, 2016
sometimes it good to be single no stress but gal nowadays see relationship and dating as a way out of poverty
pay my school fee I be your papa
sorry to say this if your only assets are your butts n boobs sorry because you are depreciating everyday

if you feel offended pele
Re: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Cool by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
makydebbie:
drop ur cv...lets wait for my twwiny Juhan to come
yeah

(1) (Reply)

Do I Look Like A Cat Or A Fish? / If A Girl Has A Baby In July But Got Married Last Year November / She Asked Me Wat I Don't Like Abt Her N Whn I Told She Started Givn Attitude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.