Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,452 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) (36879 Views)

Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student / Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy / A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by pacino26(m): 10:18pm On Jun 21, 2016
Enugu nke anyi cheesy I wouldn't mind teaching for free there so long as they fuel my car grin

1 Like

Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by zanebaddo(m): 10:23pm On Jun 21, 2016
Proudly 5% grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by UuzbaGuuzba: 10:28pm On Jun 21, 2016
I haven't seen any science or technology taking place. All I can see is a building windows and doors, chairs. In Lekki area of Lagos state there is a lot of construction going on. And to be honest this building is no different than many buildings there..

Maybe the owner has the plan/idea of making it into a science technology centre. In that case I wish him well. But for NOW, this is not news. This is a plain 'ol building like any other.

Where is the equipment? Where are the all the experimental materials? Books? PCs, servers?
What of the scraps the children should learn to disassemble and investigate the workings of? Where are the chemicals for chemistry? The labs the mixing flasks? The ropes, the pulleys for physics? How about the rain guages and weather boxes for geography? Where are the insects, ponds, vegetation for biology? Where are the drawing boards, drafting paper for Introtech and TD?

I enjoyed foreign science programs on NTA channel 5 Lagos, whilst growing up. I haven't even seen anything like we used to see on TV in the '80s.

1 Like

Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by BizBloke(m): 10:37pm On Jun 21, 2016
Good one! Implementation should make it better, then, best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by Nonso92(m): 10:39pm On Jun 21, 2016
wow!! one school i would like my kids to go to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 21, 2016
Wait isn't that ONU? Who else went to shalom academy here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by tayo200(m): 10:48pm On Jun 21, 2016
oboyyy..dere school fees go plenty gan o .like 500k
Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by ericeben: 10:48pm On Jun 21, 2016
I served in Enugu those guys always looking out of d box

Mean while some1 should create a YouTube subscriber Company here in Nigeria...Everybody wins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdxlIJhq7cg
Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by Pyno30: 10:49pm On Jun 21, 2016
Meaningful things can only be produced and introduced by the 5% part of Nigeria, unlike the 95% who kept on sharing Rice and Salt every now and then to unknown faces

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by Darkseid(m): 10:49pm On Jun 21, 2016
The school fees no go be come chop oo.
Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by WorkSmartEdu: 11:08pm On Jun 21, 2016
Emodeee:
Why do people like to ignore educational topics? You people value frivolities a lot. Na wa oh.

Seriously I have wondered about this same thing for so long. I used to be a guest on here to view and read comments from threads but I always noticed that educational threads faced the biggest decent from people because they just view it and exit quickly... grin

Forgetting that a sound education is the bed rock of any progressive and developed society. Na big wa oo. Anyway I hope this new generation changes sha. cry
Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by amdx21: 11:13pm On Jun 21, 2016
Pyno30:
Meaningful things can only be produced and introduced by the 5% part of Nigeria, unlike the 95% who kept on sharing Rice and Salt every now and then to unknown faces

Dialogue Girls Computer Secondary School Kaduna has been operating since 2012 http://www.dialoguegirlscollege.com/

Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by amdx21: 11:17pm On Jun 21, 2016
More pix

Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by slap1(m): 11:22pm On Jun 21, 2016
Nice project. I don't like the choice of colour though. sad
Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by UuzbaGuuzba: 11:23pm On Jun 21, 2016
WorkSmartEdu:

Seriously I have wondered about this same thing for so long. I used to be a guest on here to view and read comments from threads but I always noticed that educational threads faced the biggest decent from people because they just view it and exit quickly... grin

Forgetting that a sound education is the bed rock of any progressive and developed society. Na big wa oo. Anyway I hope this new generation changes sha. cry

They can't change.
The people at the top are politicians. They are not educated and are not bothered about educating anybody else. The education is all just fancy. No technology comes out of it. At the end if the dey, Mr Obi will just import the latest gadgets and we will all buy it. Our technology will not be used, our education will not be used either.

The next category at the top are the musicians. They too are not educated. OK small. They rake in big bucks.

The next category at the top are the comedians. They all screwed education. But they're making their money by cracking jokes that you pay for.

The next category at the top are Mr Obi them-them. Highest SSCE and that's it. They are bringing in big bucks and driving jeeps. and doing Dubai things.

I mean Buhari is at the top without SSCE.

----
Until you are prepared to be Steve Jobs or Bill Gates, Read and Educate yourself, THEN USE THE EDUCATION TO CREATE A WINNING PRODUCT. Something people can hold and see and buy.

Until that stage, Education remains useless in Nigeria.

Chief Obi will continue FLOODING the market with IPhone and plastics.
Educated people will be speaking long English

Guess who the kids of today will follow after.

----
Lagos state police had no cars. Ambode needs new cars. Who provided the cars? Chief obi Imported Ford.

FRSC needs new vehicles. Did Educated Engineers design new cars for them?
Chief Obi imported new cars.

Buhari needs to fly about the world. Here's a chance for Aeronautical Engineers... to...
Chief Obi imported the Aeroplane.

Lagos state requires rail service for mass transit. Chief Obi Imported Chinese to do the construction.
You get my drift

1 Like

Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by WorkSmartEdu: 11:32pm On Jun 21, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

They can't change.
The people at the top are politicians. They are not educated and are not bothered about educating anybody else. The education is all just fancy. No technology comes out of it. At the end if the dey, Mr Obi will just import the latest gadgets and we will all buy it. Our technology will not be used, our education will not be used either.

The next category at the top are the musicians. They too are not educated. OK small. They rake in big bucks.

The next category at the top are the comedians. They all screwed education. But they're making their money by cracking jokes that you pay for.

The next category at the top are Mr Obi them-them. Highest SSCE and that's it. They are bringing in big bucks and driving jeeps. and doing Dubai things.

I mean Buhari is at the top without SSCE.

----
Until you are prepared to be Steve Jobs or Bill Gates, Read and Educate yourself, THEN USE THE EDUCATION TO CREATE A WINNING PRODUCT. Something people can hold and see and buy.

Until that stage, Education remains useless in Nigeria.

Chief Obi will continue FLOODING the market with IPhone and plastics.
Educated people will be speaking long English

Guess who the kids of today will follow after.

I beg to differ. And here is why. You see, a few years ago; schools like this one the OP toured would have been unthinkable in our society. But today it is here with us. The reason is because the developed world is forging ahead without looking back, if we are coming behind them or not. Therefore you have private individuals who realise this fact and are willing to make that difference which is why I salute the owners of this project that is a step in the right direction. They need absolute support!

If they get all the support they need, before you can say jack Robinson, reverse manufacturing will start taking place there ( this is exactly how China started). "Mr Obi" as you used in your example is left currently with the only option of importing everything, but if education is channeled well into kids through schools like this, a graduate from this school if trained properly for a few years will begin to manufacture what Mr Obi otherwise had to import. It's not all bad news yet and people like this man who owns this project are pointing us in a direction we should be following.

Fingers crossed for them, I hope they succeed.

1 Like

Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 21, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
I haven't seen any science or technology taking place. All I can see is a building windows and doors, chairs. In Lekki area of Lagos state there is a lot of construction going on. And to be honest this building is no different than many buildings there..

Maybe the owner has the plan/idea of making it into a science technology centre. In that case I wish him well. But for NOW, this is not news. This is a plain 'ol building like any other.

Where is the equipment? Where are the all the experimental materials? Books? PCs, servers?
What of the scraps the children should learn to disassemble and investigate the workings of? Where are the chemicals for chemistry? The labs the mixing flasks? The ropes, the pulleys for physics? How about the rain guages and weather boxes for geography? Where are the insects, ponds, vegetation for biology? Where are the drawing boards, drafting paper for Introtech and TD?

I enjoyed foreign science programs on NTA channel 5 Lagos, whilst growing up. I haven't even seen anything like we used to see on TV in the '80s.

I was thinking EXACTLY the same.
I do hope, however, that this is just the beginning of much more to come.
Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by DedeNkem: 11:43pm On Jun 21, 2016
All I saw was pictures of f*ucking building blocks, two f*ucking bunk beds, a lecture hall and a f*ucking conference room!
Where are the f*ucking computers!

1 Like

Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by UuzbaGuuzba: 11:43pm On Jun 21, 2016
WorkSmartEdu:

I beg to differ. And here is why. You see, a few years ago; schools like this one the OP toured would have been unthinkable in our society. But today it is here with us. The reason is because the developed world is forging ahead without looking back, if we are coming behind them or not. Therefore you have private individuals who realise this fact and are willing to make that difference which is why I salute the owners of this project that is a step in the right direction. They need absolute support!

If they get all the support they need, before you can say jack Robinson, reverse manufacturing will start taking place there ( this is exactly how China started). "Mr Obi" as you used in your example is left currently with the only option of importing everything, but if education is channeled well into kids through schools like this, a graduate from this school if trained properly for a few years will begin to manufacture what Mr Obi otherwise had to import. It's not all bad news yet and people like this man who owns this project are pointing us in a direction we should be following.

Fingers crossed for them, I hope they succeed.

Your point is well taken.
You mentioned a key word , "support".

How willing is the "dull" uneducated government ready to support this private enterprise?
When hey finally manufacture anything, can it compete with Mr Obi's prices and quality?

See what Ambode did with the Ford cars. Despite Innoson in the country? And the new buses to replace danfo buses... Me, I weep O.
Person dey try manufacture, una no even look him side.
Someone recently got some court judges Honda cars. E no fair O.

Mr Obi's are the down fallers of Nigeria O.
They are even importing crude oil.

Hehn!!!! Educated people, MAKE SOMETHING AND PUSH IT INTO THE MARKET.

Na Only God go support O.
Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by WorkSmartEdu: 11:50pm On Jun 21, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

Your point is well taken.
You mentioned a key word , "support".

How willing is the "dull" uneducated government ready to support this private enterprise?
When hey finally manufacture anything, can it compete with Mr Obi's prices and quality?

See what Ambode did with the Ford cars. Despite Innoson in the country? And the new buses to replace danfo buses... Me, I weep O.
Person dey try manufacture, una no even look him side.
Someone recently got some court judges Honda cars. E no fair O.

Mr Obi's are the down fallers of Nigeria O.
They are even importing crude oil.

Hehn!!!! Educated people, MAKE SOMETHING AND PUSH IT INTO THE MARKET.

Na Only God go support O.

I get what you are saying, because you can imagine people already swearing at a thread that has the title "nears completion" not completed or equipped o. But their brain capacity is below par that instead of giving kudos to an OP that took time to update us, they are swearing like rabid dogs..

Anyway you see, when I mentioned support I meant enabling environment. I'm sure in time there will be no option left for Mr Obi than to look inwards. Why I love people like innoson, is that though it seems like he is currently been ignored, he keeps forging on. In time you will see, why he is a wise private and silent business man. Oh well goodluck to these guys!

1 Like

Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by UuzbaGuuzba: 11:50pm On Jun 21, 2016
Mindfulness:

I was thinking EXACTLY the same.
I do hope, however, that this is just the beginning of much more to come.

It is better to start small and fully packaged and equipped.
Guy has begun massive and blown all his cash. There is no more money for any equipment. Na student he dey find now to use their school fees money to start buying diesel for generator and paying salary to school dropout teachers.

I never see the Science and technology equipment O.
Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by macaranta(m): 12:01am On Jun 22, 2016
Nice one...

Join our E-Learning community
[url]macaranta.com[/url]
Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by Dolazee(f): 12:04am On Jun 22, 2016
Good one
Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by elvision1(m): 12:20am On Jun 22, 2016
weblord1900:
Shalom academy This school is enugu state My state. I'm proud of my state

InyinyaAgbaOku:
Enugu Rocks.
042 is not just a dial code, it's a way of life
you both!

1 Like

Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by Dainikel(m): 12:20am On Jun 22, 2016
Wow! This is beautiful...kudos to the management & to the OP for a productive academic tour.
Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by jammyunn(m): 12:41am On Jun 22, 2016
WorkSmartEdu:

Bros I researched on the school, and this one is not government money talk more of Niger delta money. It is just a private individual trying to make a difference. Go to their website sef www.sstac.sch.ng or google the school.
I know the guy personally...he got married late last year. a good friennd of mine and a classmate in secondary school. his father owned the school we attended together in nsukka(shalom academy). his name is Tochukwu Onu.
Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by UuzbaGuuzba: 12:43am On Jun 22, 2016
slap1:
Nice project. I don't like the choice of colour though. sad

(Haaaa! Na this kind people I dey find since).

Sir which colour do you like? I can paint it. Even if you don't like my painting, I can find person that will paint it.

Where can we meet make I carry colour chart dey come find you?

Abeg I need contact badly
Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by jammyunn(m): 12:43am On Jun 22, 2016
MEKKY77:
Wait isn't that ONU? Who else went to shalom academy here?
na Tochukwu Onu be that o. he was my classmate in SAN.
Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by vickjoeobi(m): 5:41am On Jun 22, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

Pls does it mean u dont read or u dont read well? Cant u see nears completion? Wait untill i go on the final tour of the school which i have been invited to, been the school open day.
So brother, untill i post the pictures that say shalom academy completed, dont say such stuff.
Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by vickjoeobi(m): 5:47am On Jun 22, 2016
amdx21:

Dialogue Girls Computer Secondary School Kaduna has been operating since 2012 http://www.dialoguegirlscollege.com/

That is a girls college. What shalom science and technology academy is, is a boys and girls school, that is not like a conventional secondary school. You are invited to see for yourself.
Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by Ola35(m): 5:58am On Jun 22, 2016
cool nice job.
Re: Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) by vickjoeobi(m): 5:59am On Jun 22, 2016
DedeNkem:
All I saw was pictures of f*ucking building blocks, two f*ucking bunk beds, a lecture hall and a f*ucking conference room!
Where are the f*ucking computers!

its quite unfortunate that you dont read. I pray God gives u the zeal. If you read u would have seen nears completion. Pls watch out for the completion photos before u start making noise.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan / EKSU VC, Edward Olanipekun's Son Graduates From UK University / 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.