Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan (36885 Views)

If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Tolexander: 8:06pm On Nov 30, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan has weekend, said his government did not give the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, an ultimatum to resume work or be sacked.

Fielding questions from newsmen at the expanded caucus meeting of the Bayelsa State Peoples Democratic Party held at Government House, Yenagoa, the President said, the Supervising Minister of Education only passed on the decision of the Committee of Vice Chancellors.

“We didn’t give them ultimatum; it was the Committee of Vice Chancellors that took that decision. The Supervising Minister of Education only passed on the decision.”

Jonathan also said the strike embarked upon by the ASUU was no longer a trade dispute , but a subversive action.

He said, “What ASUU is doing is no longer trade union. I have intervened in other labour issues before now, once I invite them they respond and after the meeting they take decision and call off the strike.

“At times we don’t even give them a long notice,unlike, in the case of ASUU that was given four days notice before the meeting. As you are meeting to resolve trade disputes, you expect the trade unions to get their officials ready.

“What was expected having met with the highest authorities in the land for long hours, was for ASUU to immediately issue statement within 12 or latest 24 hours , to state their position whether they were accepting government’s offer or not. And if they are not accepting they should state the reason for that.”

“But despite the fact that I had the longest meeting with ASUU in my political history, we did not start that meeting until around 2:00pm and the meeting ended the next day in the early hours. As far as the government of Nigeria was concerned, all the critical people that should be in a meeting were there, so what else do they want?

“After that they didn’t meet until one week, despite the fact that you met with the highest authority. It was unfortunate one of them, Prof. Iyayi died.

“The way ASUU has conducted the matter shows they are extreme and when Iyayi died, they now said the strike was now indefinite, our children have been at home for over five months.”
orisun

10 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 30, 2013
Na wa for ASUU
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by wasak(m): 8:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
ASUU.... ASUU... ASUU.....

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 30, 2013
I laff in Egun partois! While infantile rabblerousers felt FG could in one fell swoop sack ASUU members following from the thuggish doomsday statement from WICKED WIKE( We Intend to Kill Education!)

Now the C-In-C who knows the implication of such a charlatanous statement is attempting to douse the already charged atmosphere but I hasten to ask sir Mr President,even if Pope,Ban Ki Moon,Nelson Mandela and Barack Obama( with all due respect to those personalities!) attend the meetting with ASUU,the fact that you or a senior member of your cabinet is refusing to append yr signature on the MOU so drawn then I shudder to feel that there is a likelihood of a renegation in the agreement

While I sympathise with GEJ over this ASUU brouhaha but I feel just mere 'words' won't suffice at this point! Pls sir DO THE NEEDFUL

90 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Mynd44: 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2013
So he is realising he can't handle the path he towed right? Coward!!!!

10 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2013
“We didn’t give them ultimatum;
it was the Committee of Vice
Chancellors that took that
decision. The Supervising
Minister of Education only passed
on the decision.”

This man is really high on Sapele water! So Wike the Supervisory Tout of Education, is the now the spokesman of the committee of Vice Chancellors

56 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by missterious(f): 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
I don't understand this drama again undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by LMAyedun(m): 9:07pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mynd_44: So he is realising he can't handle the path he towed right? Coward!!!!
Can't you just drop a meaningful comment without insults. undecided

18 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Katier00(f): 9:09pm On Nov 30, 2013
shut up

36 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Katier00(f): 9:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
Jesus have mercy on the nigerian students- mother mary come to their aid

10 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by samtheman: 9:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
Water don pass gari.............up ASUU.

3 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by skyfall: 9:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
Confused govt. Even military dictators could not sack the lecturers.

13 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by 151487made(m): 9:22pm On Nov 30, 2013
Naija for show. I can't stop laffin .

6 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by excell12go(m): 9:22pm On Nov 30, 2013
Thanks for this Mr President. I hav always known that the 'resume or be sacked' threat cannot work. Just pay them their outstanding salaries and get the Attorney General to sign the papers. I'm tired of sitting at home.

9 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by LMAyedun(m): 9:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mr. President, do the needful With the agreements you had with ASUU delegates some weeks back.
Wike's threat won't/can't work, settle amicably with ASUU.

5 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by theoctopus: 9:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
sagombugo: I laff in Egun partois! While infantile rabblerousers felt FG could in one fell swoop sack ASUU members following from the thuggish doomsday statement from WICKED WIKE( We Intend to Kill Education!)

Now the C-In-C who knows the implication of such a charlatanous statement is attempting to douse the already charged atmosphere but I hasten to ask sir Mr President,even if Pope,Ban Ki Moon,Nelson Mandela and Barack Obama( with all due respect to those personalities!) attend the meetting with ASUU,the fact that you or a senior member of your cabinet is refusing to append yr signature on the MOU so drawn then I shudder to feel that there is a likelihood of a renegation in the agreement

While I sympathise with GEJ over this ASUU brouhaha but I feel just mere 'words' won't suffice at this point! Pls sir DO THE NEEDFUL

The problem with NL is that it is filled with too many dunces. What did the president say differently? So you cant understand simple English. He is talking procedure. That is a man who knows due process and rule of law and makes his statement accordingly. Where you expecting him to talk like an illiterate Buhari. grin grin grin

He just told you procedure. That is how the information flows. Even when it is the president's directive, it doesnt have to be issued by the president. He didnt tell you that the report was wrong or that he was not in support. He told you due process and how it works. Most of you are not used to having an educated president so you always expect to hear "go and die"! grin

117 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Mynd44: 9:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Can't you just drop a meaningful comment without insults. undecided
Is it an insult to call a coward a coward? I have never seen a government change their words as much as this.

Sissies

19 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by theoctopus: 9:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Mr. President, do the needful With the agreements you had with ASUU delegates some weeks back.
Wike's threat won't/can't work, settle amicably with ASUU.

We have already passed that stage now. The schools are already resuming and any lecturer who doesnt show up will be sacked. That is what is on the table now. Good news is, many of the lecturers are going to resume because they are already pissed with the ASUU leadership. You saw that on channels TV yesterday

10 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by theoctopus: 9:30pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mynd_44:
Is it an insult to call a coward a coward? I have never seen a government change their words as much as this.

Sissies

You are an illiterate! What changed in what he said?

25 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by theoctopus: 9:31pm On Nov 30, 2013

You know you are very foolish and have no sense in your head? You behave like Oshiomole! A tout!

20 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 30, 2013
“We didn’t give them ultimatum;it was the Committee of Vice Chancellors that took that decision. The Supervising Minister of Education only passed on the decision.”
grin grin grin

What a clueless mediocrity!

8 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Mynd44: 9:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
theoctopus:

You are an illiterate! What changed in what he said?
Go ask Wike and his oga in Aso rock.

He knows he can't sack the lecturers, he should sign the agreement, pay the wage and stop acting drunk

18 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Mynd44: 9:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
theoctopus:

You know you are very foolish and have no sense in your head? You behave like Oshiomole! A tout!
are you angry? Okay ooo. You never start cheesy
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Sec5(m): 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
Insincerity is not a good quality of a reasonable leader.Mr president,sign the MOU to prove ur critics wrong for once.Tufiakwa!!

4 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by theoctopus: 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mynd_44:
Go ask Wike and his oga in Aso rock.

He knows he can't sack the lecturers, he should sign the agreement, pay the wage and stop acting drunk

He knows he cant sack the lecturers? Where did you get that from? Did he call you to tell you that or you are just spurning it from your backside as usual? grin

9 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by theoctopus: 9:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mynd_44:
are you angry? Okay ooo. You never start cheesy

Angry? You overstate your importance! grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by theoctopus: 9:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sec5: Insincerity is not a good quality of a reasonable leader.Mr president,sign the MOU to prove ur critics wrong for once.Tufiakwa!!

We have passed that stage. Dont you get it! Its December 4th and some schools have already opened. Some have started lectures already. Dey there dey talk trash grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Mynd44: 9:40pm On Nov 30, 2013
Prof Corruption: grin grin grin

Speaking from all sides of their mouths as usual gringrin

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Mynd44: 9:41pm On Nov 30, 2013
theoctopus:

He knows he cant sack the lecturers? Where did you get that from? Did he call you to tell you that or you are just spurning it from your backside as usual? grin
what schools will open? Did ASUU lock the schools before? You ae running in cycles

5 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by theoctopus: 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2013
Prof Corruption: grin grin grin

If only you were literate, you will understand the beauty of that statement. That was a masterclass in bureaucratic understanding! The president does not need to give such commands. There is a body responsible for it. When you get to an industrial court, you will understand what the president just said! You are the clueless one obviously grin

23 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by theoctopus: 9:44pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mynd_44:
what schools will open? Did ASUU lock the schools before? You ae running in cycles

The schools were closed by the school authorities after the strike commenced and they will be reopened on the 4th. Many of you are ignoramus who dont know jack. You just blab!

2 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Sec5(m): 9:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
theoctopus:

We have passed that stage. Dont you get it! Its December 4th and the schools are already opening. Some have started lectures already. Dey there they talk trash

Which of them have started lectures?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names / EKSU VC, Edward Olanipekun's Son Graduates From UK University / 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.