Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver (21192 Views)

See The Typical Dashboard Of Danfos In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Car Duster For Your Dashboard (wax Treated), Easily Attracts Dust (2K ONLY)... / Top Reasons Why Your Car Check Engine Light Is On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by AutoJoshNG: 5:37pm On Jun 20, 2016
The colour of the warning light on the dashboard of our cars tells us so much more than we can imagine.

If the warning light is Red, it indicates a serious problem and you are required to stop the car immediately in order to attend to the issue..

Yellow/orange light mean something needs to be serviced or repaired as soon as possible, however, you can continue driving with caution.

Green or blue is only telling you that a system or feature (e.g headlight or cruise control) that assists you to drive better is turned on and you are okay to proceed without any worries.

AutoJoshNG

http://autojosh.com/knowing-the-meaning-of-the-colour-of-your-dashboard-warning-light-is-a-lifesaver/

43 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by SuperSuave(m): 6:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
This is educating, thanks op.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by lonelydora: 6:31pm On Jun 20, 2016
good one

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by uboma(m): 8:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
i have a pdf file containing the dashboard lights of my Bimmer and their meaning.

I consult it whenever a warning light pops up. It has been helpful so far.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by carreport(m): 8:45pm On Jun 21, 2016
Nice post

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by Lexusgs430: 6:31pm On Jun 22, 2016
Imagine just driving along and all of a sudden 85% of all this warning light appears on your instrument cluster?

11 Likes

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by kkulaja(m): 7:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
Lexusgs430:
Imagine just driving along and all of a sudden 85% of all this warning light appears on your instrument cluster?

Then you need a new cluster grin

18 Likes

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by Lexusgs430: 8:03pm On Jun 22, 2016
kkulaja:

Then you need a new cluster grin

So the fault is not from my vehicle, but the cluster?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by veekid(m): 6:07am On Jul 29, 2016
Nice one OP

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by tete7000(m): 6:09am On Jul 29, 2016
Nice one. Thanks op.

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by ojoyentalk: 6:27am On Jul 29, 2016
Good one

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by Aieboocaar(m): 6:28am On Jul 29, 2016
you'll never see much comment on threads like this

2 Likes

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by amclimax(m): 6:30am On Jul 29, 2016
safety first always... including when we shayo, smoke or enjoy with opposite sex .... oluwa keep picking my calls cuz life na once.... as I never buy car wetin you want make I do?

3 Likes

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by dukeo(m): 6:30am On Jul 29, 2016
AutoJoshNG:
The colour of the warning light on the dashboard of our cars tells us so much more than we can imagine.

If the warning light is Red, it indicates a serious problem and you are required to stop the car immediately in order to attend to the issue..

Yellow/orange light mean something needs to be serviced or repaired as soon as possible, however, you can continue driving with caution.

Green or blue is only telling you that a system or feature (e.g headlight or cruise control) that assists you to drive better is turned on and you are okay to proceed without any worries.

AutoJoshNG

http://autojosh.com/knowing-the-meaning-of-the-colour-of-your-dashboard-warning-light-is-a-lifesaver/

Number 62 wasn't drawn properly because there's no CHECK there...lol cheesy I've seen that thing on the dashboards of almost all Nigerian cars grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by uvalued(m): 6:36am On Jul 29, 2016
andy atings

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by tolexy123: 6:37am On Jul 29, 2016
Nice info buh still, a typical Nigerian would ignore them

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by tolexy123: 6:38am On Jul 29, 2016
Lexusgs430:
Then share the grace in fellowship wink

2 Likes

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by photoshoot(m): 6:39am On Jul 29, 2016
Educative! smiley

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by Barselonia(m): 6:40am On Jul 29, 2016
Nice information.... If I don't need it now, I would need it for future purposes

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by fortunewise1(m): 6:41am On Jul 29, 2016
Wu go bother check am self wen Dem dae in a hurry

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by bobo65(m): 6:43am On Jul 29, 2016
Omo this thing plenty

If they ask someone to identify this warnings in drivers license test, many ppl won't be driving in Nigeria o

Imagine giving a danfo or molue driver this signs to name as a license test grin

2 Likes

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by bobo65(m): 6:44am On Jul 29, 2016
fortunewise1:
Wu go bother check am self wen Dem dae in a hurry

Na only door and fuel Guage me dey look for that tin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by jasinto: 6:45am On Jul 29, 2016
Lexusgs430:

So the fault is not from my vehicle, but the cluster?

Cos 85% errors cannot happen at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by DaBullIT(m): 6:48am On Jul 29, 2016
i sabi everything

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by Exponental(m): 6:50am On Jul 29, 2016
DaBullIT:
i sabi everything
U be olodo be dat...

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by essencestore: 6:51am On Jul 29, 2016
Aieboocaar:
you'll never see much comment on threads like this

No tribalism content. Snake-boobs-celebrity reply to a fan on instagram. That's why

3 Likes

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by sufficiency(f): 6:58am On Jul 29, 2016
Good one, so helpful

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by MandingoXXX: 6:59am On Jul 29, 2016
Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by M17CXi: 7:06am On Jul 29, 2016
Anytime you see "RED Light notification" pls
Panic

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by Observator: 7:08am On Jul 29, 2016
Many thanks for this info. More grace

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by frubben(m): 7:13am On Jul 29, 2016
Very educating

If u don't comment in such an educating thread u b agbero.

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver by balancediet(m): 7:15am On Jul 29, 2016
Thanks Op

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2008/09 Lexus RX330 Vs RX350 Which Is Better And WHY / How To Track Car Shiped From Us / What Are The Benefits Of Havin Some States Plate Numbers,how Are They Allocated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.