Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,530 members, 7,837,023 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt (1843 Views)

Obasanjo To Buhari: You Must Step On Toes Of Friends, Well-wishers / Nigerians Selling El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari, 'You Have Failed' (Photos) / All Government Institutions Are Corrupt – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by impactinfluence: 6:28am On Jun 21, 2016
Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele
Fayose, on Monday revived a
controversy surrounding the role
played by Aisha, President
Muhammadu Buhari’s wife, in the
messy bribery scandal involving
U.S. Congressman, Williams
Jefferson.
Mr. Fayose distributed a link to the
U.S. Department of Justice Web
site holding court documents
where Mrs. Buhari was alleged to
have transferred suspicious funds
to a convicted former American
congressman, Williams Jefferson.
In a statement signed by his Chief
Press Secretary, Idowu Adelusi, Mr.
Fayose said President Buhari was
far from being a clean man.
“Even the President cannot claim
to be an angel,” the governor said,
in reaction to the freezing of his
Zenith Bank account by the
Economic and Financial Crimes
Commission.
“The estate he built in Abuja is
known to us. His wife was indicted
over the Halliburton Scandal (sic).
When that American, Jefferson,
was being sentenced, the
President’s wife was mentioned as
having wired $170,000 to
Jefferson. Her name was on page
25 of the sentencing of Jefferson.
We can serialize the judgment for
people to see and read.”
The governor’s Special Assistant
on New Media, Lere Olayinka, later
circulated links to and copies of
the court document detailing Mrs
Buhari’s mention in the scandal.
The documents showed that in
some of the exhibits tendered in
convicting Mr. Jefferson of bribery,
a Mrs. Buhari was mentioned as
transferring $170,000 to the
American politician using a firm as
proxy.
“Government Exhibits 36-87
(6/26/02 $170,000 wire transfer from account
in Nigeria in the name of Aisha Buhari to an
account in the name of The ANJ Group, LLC,
identifying “William Jefferson” as Beneficiary),”
the U.S. Government Sentencing Memorandum
said on page 22.
Mrs. Buhari could not be reached for
comments. And Presidential spokesman, Femi
Adesina, declined comments, saying he would
need to check the documents himself before
issuing an official statement.
Mr. Fayose’s comment sparked a recollection of
how Mr. Jefferson, between 2000 and 2005,
used his position as member of the U.S. House
of Representatives to offer illegal services to
private companies for cash rewards.
Mr. Jefferson and his family, according to U.S.
authorities, received about $367,500 through
through his firm, ANJ Group, for services
rendered to iGate, an American broadband
technology provider.
An indigenous firm, Netlink Digital Television,
had signed a joint venture with iGate to set up
digital satellite TV and broadband Internet
services in the country. NDTV was owned by
Oyewole Fasawe, a PDP chieftain at the time.
Mr. Jefferson was contracted to help promote
iGate and NDTV partnership in Nigeria.
Following a lengthy trial, Mr. Jefferson was
convicted in 2009 and sentenced to 13 years in
prison.
Although Mr. Fasawe was arrested in 2005 by
the EFCC, he was never convicted.
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar were also
said to be a person of interest in the allegations.
A report released by the EFCC on June 22,
2006 about the bribery scandal indicated that
the commission investigated accounts held by
Mrs. Buhari, including one she had with Citizens
Bank.
A 2007 New York Times’ article detailed how
Mrs. Buhari told an acquaintance in Washington
that she was a daughter of a former Nigerian
head of state and a friend of Mr. Jefferson.
“As the pair struck up a conversation and
subsequently became friends, Mr. Assiba, then
a security guard, said she told him that her
father was the former military ruler of Nigeria,
Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, and that her
American friends included politicians like Mr.
Jefferson of Louisiana.”
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/205640-fayose-bombs-buhari-revives-president-wifes-alleged-role-in-jefferson-bribery-scandal.html#

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by Tolupage(m): 6:31am On Jun 21, 2016
let the facts flow

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by BlackSeptember: 6:31am On Jun 21, 2016
Aisha is the one doing the dirty deals for that illiterate buhari who can't understand any paper work

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by shyling(f): 6:33am On Jun 21, 2016
Let the game of thrones begin.
No sympathy for politicians including bubu.

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by gsparks01(m): 6:34am On Jun 21, 2016
I've never seen a more paranoid governor than this man. I bet his shadow freaks him out.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by kogistar: 6:36am On Jun 21, 2016
fayose our yoruba big man

6 Likes

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by youngaz(m): 6:37am On Jun 21, 2016
Diz man will neva seize 2 make me laff shacheesycheesy .....he's lookin 4 anyway 2 tarnish Buhari's image shaaaa anyway there's notin u say dah will change d fact dat Buhari has cum 2 cleanse Nigeria......it's either u accept it dat way or jump into #Lagoon
*if u quote me u are on a long long long tin ooo coz nah ur megabyte u dey waste so save it 4 more important tins*
#IStandWithBuhari

4 Likes

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by shyling(f): 6:39am On Jun 21, 2016
gsparks01:
I've never seen a more paranoid governor than this man. I bet his shadow freaks him out.
Comment on the post or shut up

7 Likes

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by shyling(f): 6:39am On Jun 21, 2016
youngaz:
Diz man will neva seize 2 make me laff shacheesycheesy .....he's lookin 4 anyway 2 tarnish Buhari's image shaaaa anyway there's notin u say dah will change d fact dat Buhari has cum 2 cleanse Nigeria......it's either u accept it dat way or jump into #Lagoon
*if u quote me u are on a long long long tin ooo coz nah ur megabyte u dey waste so save it 4 more important tins*
#IStandWithBuhari
Think.... you're too young for old people's home

6 Likes

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by gsparks01(m): 6:40am On Jun 21, 2016
shyling:
Comment on the post or shut up
be nice

1 Like

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by Emperortj93(m): 6:41am On Jun 21, 2016
waiting for what daddy bubu gat to say
meanwhile, today is my birthday. show some love

6 Likes

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by MalcoImX: 6:42am On Jun 21, 2016
Fayose should've known that he's too small to intimidate Buhari. He'll soon eat ice cream like Metuh and FFK.

4 Likes

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by shyling(f): 6:42am On Jun 21, 2016
gsparks01:
be nice
I am. I just want we youths to always carry neutral lenses we own the future. No politician is worthy of being supported blindly not even pmb

7 Likes

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by thunder74(m): 6:42am On Jun 21, 2016
Can we hear (read) your opinion on the points raised above? Are the allegations correct or false? In my view, I think that should be the centre of our discussion.

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by klassykute(m): 6:42am On Jun 21, 2016
wherez dat guy dat said fayose is waiting for pmb .. give him a crate of bear

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by shyling(f): 6:43am On Jun 21, 2016
MalcoImX:
Fayose should've known that he's too small to intimidate Buhari. He'll soon eat ice cream like Metuh and FFK.
You're not fit to use this moniker. MalcolmX was capable of critical reasoning

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by wagazala: 6:44am On Jun 21, 2016
Fayose better have more from where that came from. He just declared open season upon himself.
Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 21, 2016
Gen Gen
Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 21, 2016
I would personally pay a visit to fayose in jail when the time comes. Nnamdi kanu did more than this and had more follower-ship yet he is in prison. We will watch as things unfold. No man can battle the federal government of any country
Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by Toosure70: 6:49am On Jun 21, 2016
We know but you thieves must not unite now.
Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by Oche211(m): 6:51am On Jun 21, 2016
Watching

1 Like

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by impactinfluence: 6:51am On Jun 21, 2016
This is FP material ooo ....where all these mods sef. If na snake topic nao .....la"la don push am
Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by onexile: 6:52am On Jun 21, 2016
Agreed Aisha Buhari is a Criminal, but Bubu is the bigger Criminal.

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by gsparks01(m): 6:52am On Jun 21, 2016
shyling:

I am. I just want we youths to always carry neutral lenses we own the future. No politician is worthy of being supported blindly not even pmb
I'm not being partisan o... I watched his conference yesterday and all I could do was laugh. I turned and told my mom "this is a governor oo."

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by johnmartus(m): 6:54am On Jun 21, 2016
Though fayose lack manner especially when it comes to national issue instead to slam aisha alone he accused both the wife and husband and we all know that mr president is innocent
Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by fulanimafia: 6:57am On Jun 21, 2016
PMB has already given orders for the Halliburton case to be re-opened months ago following a request by the U.S Gov't. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/182m-halliburton-scandal-buhari-orders-preparation-of-case-file/

As usual, this cheap distraction from the ponmo-dicing governor will be ignored.

While we want the Halliburton case brought to a logical conclusion no matter who is indicted, the investigation of Fayose's accounts remain the prime focus at the moment.

The harder he tries to distract, the harder EFCC's eyes will look at his finances. The train station diplomat can only succeed in digging himself in deeper.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by shyling(f): 6:58am On Jun 21, 2016
gsparks01:
I'm not being partisan o... I watched his conference yesterday and all I could do was laugh. I turned and told my mom "this is a governor oo."
Let's wait for the efcc response. I believe they have some dirt on fayose.
Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by MrBully: 6:58am On Jun 21, 2016
Fayose my man!

1 Like

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by otukpo(f): 6:59am On Jun 21, 2016
I have always known that.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by gsparks01(m): 7:01am On Jun 21, 2016
Incorrect1:

Why are you so naive? can't you champion a single truth?
where did he go wrong? Who hasn't seeing a copy of the said case file?
Your hatred for Fayose may kill you if you don't change.
how could you deduce any hatred from what I wrote?
Re: Fayose Bombs Buhari, You And Your Wife Are Corrupt by 99100(m): 7:02am On Jun 21, 2016
In Nigeria, fighting corruption is when u deprive your supposed opposition their right of opposition.Bubu the kwarraption fighter.mshew..

3 Likes

(1) (2)

Did BBC Africa Shade President Buhari? (SEE THIS) / Minister Of Health Blames GEJ For Meningitis Outbreak / You Are Insane, Nigerians Voted Jonathan Out - Presidency Blasts Reno Omokiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.