Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,946 members, 7,828,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

My Friend's Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Friend's Pastor (495 Views)

.. / Is My Friend Using Me? Help / My Friend Has Refused To Pray Because Had A Bad Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend's Pastor by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 21, 2016
My friend is seeking for my advise on this issue

. He is a graduate of electrical engineering and lives in a town where there is no company/place that suit him. He attends this church and has been of great help to the church. Sometimes he is called by the church to attend one or two occasions and do things they are not convenient to him but he will have to leave what he is doing to join his church members to go out. He has been praying to God to open doors so that he can leave that town for good. Last year he applied for a programme and he was selected. Its a 2months program. One month into the program, they gave them a break so he decided to use that opportunity to visit some of his friends so that he can see if something can come out in the region where they stay cos they are all working and living well. He didn't tell the pastor becos he will discourage him. The pastor is now sending him text messages saying i pray against anything making you to take wrong decisions. What should he do Cos the pastor is promising him jobs for d past one year and it sounds as if he doesn't want my friend to leave that community so that he can be helping him with church work. One question is what even happens to my friend if the pastor is transferred??
Re: My Friend's Pastor by Kobicove(m): 10:51am On Jun 21, 2016
The pastor is trying to manipulate your friend so that he will always be at his beck and call.

Your friend should not allow anybody use religion to control him!

2 Likes

Re: My Friend's Pastor by achinaboy(m): 2:16pm On Jun 21, 2016
he better stop that church,if really he your friend was called to do God's work, God will always guide him on what to do, he shouldn't let the socalled pastor to dictate his life, i found myself in a similer situation 10years ago, i never knew that the aaashole i was listening to was just a self centered myopic sycho sampling himself as a man of God, just saying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friend's Pastor by Joagbaje(m): 6:47pm On Jun 21, 2016
johnadk21:
. He didn't tell the pastor becos he will discourage him.

thats wrong ,especially if you hold a responsibility. be honest enough. explain your decision if you're sure of it. nobody can stop you from following your conviction.

The pastor is now sending him text messages saying 'i pray against anything making you to take wrong decisions'

thats a godly prayer. a honest person should say amen.

What should he do

he should say amen. and also apologise for the way he left

(1) (Reply)

Do You Still Pray For Buhari? / Is It Proper To Cross Leg While Seated In A Place Of Worship? / Will Heaven Welcome Poor People Also?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.