Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika (1214 Views)

Nigerian Troops Celebrate, Rap Battle And Dance With Lt. Gen Buratai(pics,vid) / Obama Calls Buhari As DSS Arrests Al-Barnawi, ISIS-Recognised Boko Haram Leader / DSS Arrests Azubuike Ihejirika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by CaptainEColeJnr: 5:08am On Jun 23, 2016
Adelani Adepegba,

AbujaThe Department of State Services has arrested a former Chief of Army Staff Lt. Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika (retd.).Sources said Ihejirika was arrested on Tuesday night at his Maitama, Abuja residence.

It was learnt that the arrest of the former COAS was not unconnected to the ongoing $2.1bn arms purchase probe involving the former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.)A source said, “It is true that we picked up the former COAS; he is helping us with investigation into the arms procurement when he was in service, but it is too early to say when he would be released on bail.

”It was gathered that Ihejirika’s arrest and detention was informed by new leads linking him to alleged fraud in the arms procurement process during former President Goodluck Jonathan administration.

The former chief of army staff had denied allegations against him.The DSS could not be reached on Wednesday to comment on the arrest of the former COAS as it had yet to appoint an official spokesperson.

http://www.punchng.com/dss-arrests-ihejirika-arms-deal/

cc mynd44
Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by daveson07: 5:09am On Jun 23, 2016
If you asked me,i would say this is an endless movie script,Buhari swindled us on the platform of fighting corruption for us not knowing he is the corruption himself

biggest scam in history

Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by HungerBAD: 5:12am On Jun 23, 2016
Nice.

Expect the Banner holding people across the bridge in the Niger to start crying " leave our son alone "

They just happen to forget their son is a common thief.

Gradually,all those that sponsored the Boko Haram,so that their positions can be politically relevant in the last Government are facing the law of Hurricane Nigeria.

No hiding place for the wicked.

A. Tompolo hiding.
B. Metuh in Jail.
C. Dasuki in Jail.
D.Ffk in Jail.
E.kanu in Jail.
F.saraki running like an headless chicken.
G.fayose going to jail soon.
H. Shekau not released video since Buhari came.
I. Boko Haram dead.
J. Telecommunications working.

Sai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by SultanYoung: 5:16am On Jun 23, 2016
even Don red for you young man after they suspected you to have a hand in Boko Haram sponsor you are still roaming in the country.......it's time to answer mama's call busted!!!
Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by SultanYoung: 5:17am On Jun 23, 2016
Don red for you young man after they suspected you to have a hand in Boko Haram sponsor you are still roaming in the country.......it's time to answer mama's call busted!!!
Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by kettykin: 5:17am On Jun 23, 2016
This is really very good and should be commendable, Ihejirika became COAS during GEJ'S regime but towards the middle, by the time the Buhari regime has finished probing the whole regime of Goodluck Jonathan they will have no other option than to face the economy, fight the real corruption which preceded the Goodluck Jonathan government or do something new.
Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by kettykin: 5:19am On Jun 23, 2016
SultanYoung:
Don red for you young man after they suspected you to have a hand in Boko Haram sponsor you are still roaming in the country.......it's time to answer mama's call busted!!!
Ihejirika said igbo is not foolish, so today he will truly realise that igbo is not foolish
Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by SultanYoung: 5:20am On Jun 23, 2016
kettykin:
This is really very good and should be commendable, Ihejirika became COAS during GEJ'S regime but towards the middle, by the time the Buhari regime has finished probing the whole regime of Goodluck Jonathan they will have no other option than to face the economy, fight the real corruption which preceded the Goodluck Jonathan government or do something new.
na true you dry yarn I salutate for ur four sight
Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by absoluteSuccess: 5:20am On Jun 23, 2016
Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by absoluteSuccess: 5:21am On Jun 23, 2016
What's happening, good God?

Good governance please.

Enough confusions already.

Dividends not division.
Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by CaptainEColeJnr: 5:22am On Jun 23, 2016
SultanYoung:
even Don red for you young man after they suspected you to have a hand in Boko Haram sponsor you are still roaming in the country.......it's time to answer mama's call busted!!!
He sponsored?
Listen to yourself undecided
Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by Pheals(f): 5:27am On Jun 23, 2016
OK next
Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by dammytosh: 5:30am On Jun 23, 2016
It is very draining to engage wailers but I will not rest to avoid them infecting innocent Nigerians.

I hear leave corruption and face the economy.

How will u fix economy with billion of dollars in the hand of very few eediots.

The more you try the more they are capable of making things fall apart.
Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by Lilimax(f): 5:30am On Jun 23, 2016
All this selective arrest? I hope it'll spread irrespective of party's affiliation embarassed
Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by dammytosh: 5:31am On Jun 23, 2016
Lilimax:
All this selective arrest? I hope it'll spread irrespective of party's affiliation embarassed

So General ihejerika is PDP General ?
Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by Lilimax(f): 5:32am On Jun 23, 2016
dammytosh:

So General ihejerika is PDP General ?
Did you see me mention PDP or APC on my post? undecided
Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by dammytosh: 5:35am On Jun 23, 2016
Lilimax:
Did you see me mention PDP or APC on my post? undecided

So what makes the arrest selective in this context ?
Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by Lilimax(f): 5:37am On Jun 23, 2016
dammytosh:

So what makes the arrest selective in this context ?
Go figure... embarassed
Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 23, 2016
Ok na...

listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle/
Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by isaacputi(m): 6:37am On Jun 23, 2016
Lilimax:

Remember that PDP was in at the federal, do you expect pdp to share the yam with an opposition party or with their late hour traitors like ameachi and ngige, maybe u want pdp to share the yam with APC. Governors like Fayose and Fayemi...you are obviously a WAILER that want the likes of Dasuki, Kanu, Metuh etc to be released and also want the FG to stop the fight against curruption...omo ale jati jati
Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by DaBullIT(m): 6:45am On Jun 23, 2016
It goes without saying that corruption is the wheel that's been spinning under this country that moves us one step forward , but 60 steps backwards , while Some Nigerians celebrate mediocrity , i just express myself and watch what others do

Things are definitely going to be hard because those who stole resources are even scared of spending it , and until those resources circulate, things will remain bad

What would piss me off however is seeing people shouting witch hunt or selective prosecution if you no want make thunder fire your generation, no talk any shyt about witch hunt, Omisore frog eyes collected 1.4 , Fayose collected 1.4 Billion and he still has 1.2 Billion is his personal account , FFK collected about 1.6 or 1.8 Billion he's telling me he didn't know it's Federal Government's money

I mean don't these B's and B's mean anything anymore ?? Dasuki was $B's , Olisa Metuah was B's in naira , No wonder they can't pay minimum wage , no wonder they don't want to leave politics, no wonder they will die or murder people to get into power

Any generation or people who come here to come and tell us how this fight against corruption is not solid will be wiped off the face of this heart insha allah , my heart breaks when i read news like this
Re: DSS Arrests Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ihejirika by keyremotes(m): 8:45pm On Jun 23, 2016
AS COMMENDABLE AS THIS IS I MUST SAY HERE THAT ALL OUR RETIRED GENERALS SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED ALSO.
THE KIND OF MONEY THEY ALL HAVE ONLY PROVES THEY ARE STEALING FROM THE DEFENSE MINISTRY.

IBB, OBJ, ABDULSALAMI, USENI, GANJUMA, ETC

(1) (Reply)

Buhari And Recession / j / Nigeria Is Already Getting Out Of Recession – Finance Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.