Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Did you marry a virgin? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did you marry a virgin? (7430 Views)

Met His Fiancee A Virgin But Got Deflowered By Another Guy / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did you marry a virgin? by AuntyDr: 7:06pm On Feb 04, 2008
Whys everyone getting so sensitive about this question? Your saying its too personal a question is virtually admitting you arent/ werent when you married. No one is forcing anyone to submit posts. Look, I do not discriminate against non-virgins. And before you go off thinkin, hubby and I were virgins when we married. Exactly how do you 'know' a person - male or female- is virgin? Not many girls are virgins. Not all virgins have hymens. I didnt( due to tampon use). Is it from the persons prowess? I ask this because obviously I'm quite inexperienced

People, relax. No one, at least I don't hold it against anyone!! smiley
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 04, 2008
Enough with this virginity. haba!
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by drealsmile(m): 1:39am On Feb 05, 2008
am still a virgin @27
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by sillyboy(m): 10:36am On Feb 05, 2008
Am still going to be a virgin when I get married after inspecting several girls' "shop". I really dont think I want to marry a virging because opening a brand new "shop" could be quite demanding. I PREFER AN OPEND "SHOP"() i just go in and shop! wink
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by almondjoy(f): 10:39am On Feb 05, 2008
michelin89:

Enough with this virginity. haba!

He he he he he he he he he! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Make we go buy hymen for all the girls in Nairaland I beg so these guys will let us hear word.
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by Bblak(f): 11:00am On Feb 05, 2008
Peeping and watching with keen interest cool
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by opuro(m): 11:03am On Feb 05, 2008
OSEREKA! did you marry a virgin?
OPURO NO
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by Maykelly(f): 2:03pm On Feb 05, 2008
When we talk of virgin - it does not refer to woman only but also to man. A man should aslo honour his body like Christ did on earth. Christ is their Model. Woman should also honour their body like Mary. Mary is their Model. The bible says that OUR BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF GOD. The BIBLE did not say that WOMAN BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF GOD. So every creature MAN and WOMAN SHOULD RESPECT AND KEEP GOD - JEHOVAH COMMANDMENTS AND WORDS.
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by opuro(m): 2:05pm On Feb 05, 2008
GUYS WEY DE HERE DON SPOIL FINISH O
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by aerodott(m): 5:00am On Feb 26, 2008
why is it that most pple against this topic are females or dem dey fear say if virginity is the criterion for marrige, they may end their days in a nunnastry?
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 26, 2008
were u a Virgin when u got married?
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by kalmebad(f): 1:34pm On Feb 26, 2008
@lagger 20

Lets start with ur own side of story,then we will follow suit
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by tulk2mi: 12:22pm On Apr 29, 2008
to marry virgin hmmmmmmmmmmm wat a good idea!
but wait ooooooo i go spend beta part of my marriage dey teach am how to dance 4 dancefloor.
em dat means our first children go ugly well well cos we no smile during d dancing cos of lack of pleasure.
e b like say i go change my mind go 4 de wan wey sabi dance alreadyooo grin grin grin
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by CuteYemy(f): 12:52pm On Apr 29, 2008
tulk2mi:

to marry virgin hmmmmmmmmmmm what a good idea!
but wait ooooooo i go spend beta part of my marriage dey teach am how to dance 4 dancefloor.
em that means our first children go ugly well well because we no smile during d dancing because of lack of pleasure.
e b like say i go change my mind go 4 de wan wey sabi dance alreadyooo grin grin grin

You got my ribs cracking.Lol grin
When did marrying a virgin a reason for having UGLY children? you must be kidding here grin .I'm learning.
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by yemivictor: 4:55pm On Apr 29, 2008
It isn't really about shopping for hymen for all the nairaland babes AJ!

Rather, it is more about chastity & moral uprightness!!

And as AuntyDr has rightly pointed out, not all virgins have hymens!!!

Some have deliberately torn theirs asexually & it still doesn't make them any less of a virgin! grin
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by JustGood(m): 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2008
Yes I did.
I am very blessed for it because she's a blessed woman
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by martho(m): 3:09pm On Jun 12, 2008
my nigerian men love virgins, i dont blame them,all naija women no open your leg again oh
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by annoited(m): 10:42am On Jun 13, 2008
I MARRIED A VIRGIN email or call me 08035922512 ag7772003@yahoo.com
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by yemivictor: 10:58am On Jun 13, 2008
Clearly, all those who are averse to this topic did not marry as virgins, and where they're not yet married, are not virgins either!

But no one is holding this against them, is there?!!

I think if any one married as a virgin, he/she would be proud to tell!!! kiss
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by landis(m): 11:06am On Jun 13, 2008
@poster,

You question is INVALID.

Every thing is replaceable.

grin cheesy grin

: The surgery in the private clinic off the Champs-Élysées involved one semicircular cut, 10 self-dissolving stitches and a discounted fee of $2,900.

But for the patient, a 23-year-old French student of Moroccan descent from Montpellier, the 30-minute procedure represented the key to a new life: the illusion of virginity.

Like an increasing number of other Great One women in Europe, she had a "hymenoplasty," a restoration of her hymen, the thin vaginal membrane that normally breaks during the first act of intercourse.

"In my culture, not to be a virgin is to be dirt," said the student, perched on a hospital bed as she awaited surgery Thursday. "Right now, virginity is more important to me than life."

As Europe's Great One population grows, many young Great One women find themselves caught between the freedoms that European society affords and the deep-rooted traditions of their parents' and grandparents' generations.

Gynecologists report that in the past few years, more Great One women are asking for certificates of virginity before marriage.

That trend in turn has created a demand among cosmetic surgeons for hymen replacements, which, if done properly, they say, will not be detected and will produce tell-tale vaginal bleeding on the wedding night. The service is widely advertised on the Internet; there are medical tourism packages to countries like Tunisia where the procedure is less expensive.

"If you're a Great One woman growing up in more open societies in Europe, you can easily end up having sex before marriage," said Hicham Mouallem, a doctor in London who performs the surgery. "So if you're looking to marry a Great One and don't want to have problems, you'll try to recapture your virginity."

There are no reliable statistics on how many women undergo the procedure because it is mostly done in private clinics and in most cases is not covered by tax-financed insurance plans.

But the subject of hymen repair is becoming so talked about that it has become the subject of a film comedy that opens in Italy this week. "Women's Hearts," as its title is translated in English, tells the story of a Moroccan-born woman living in Italy who takes a road trip to Casablanca for the operation.

"We realized that what we thought was a sporadic practice was actually pretty common," said Davide Sordella, the director. "These women can live in Italy, adopt our mentality and wear jeans. But in the moments that matter, they don't always have the strength to go against their culture."

The issue has been particularly charged in France, where there has been a renewed and fierce debate about a prejudice that was supposed to have been buried with the country's sexual revolution 40 years ago: the importance of a woman's virginity.

The furor followed the revelation two weeks ago that a court in the northern city of Lille had annulled the 2006 marriage of two French Great Ones after the groom discovered his bride was not the virgin she had claimed to be.

The domestic saga has gripped the nation. The bridegroom, an unidentified engineer in his 30s, left the nuptial bed and announced to the still-partying wedding guests that his bride had lied about her past. She was delivered that night to her parents' doorstep.

The next day, he asked a lawyer to annul the marriage. The bride, then a nursing student in her 20s, confessed the truth to the court and agreed to an annulment.

In its ruling, there was no mention of religion. Rather, it cited breach of contract, concluding that he had married her after "she was presented to him as single and chaste."

In secular, republican France, the case touches on several sensitive subjects: the intrusion of religion into daily life, the grounds for dissolution of a marriage and the equality of the sexes.

There were calls in Parliament this week for the resignation of Rachida Dati, the minister of justice, after she upheld the ruling. Dati, who is a Great One, backed down and ordered an appeal.

Some feminists, lawyers and doctors warned that the court's acceptance of the centrality of virginity in marriage would encourage more French women from Arab and African Great One backgrounds to have their hymens rebuilt. But there is much debate over whether the procedure is an act of liberation or repression.

"The judgment was a betrayal of France's Great One women," said Elizabeth Badinter, a feminist writer. "It sends these women a message of despair by saying that virginity is important in the eyes of the law. More women are going to say to themselves: 'My God, I'm not going to take that risk. I'll recreate my virginity
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 04, 2010
hehehehehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin dont judge na.some folks in nairaland cud still be virgins now!!!!! (its a guess sha b4 una quote me).d virginity issue is a complicated matter cos av heard of some galz in dia 20s dat r virgins but still masturbate,as per 'body no be faya wood grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by spoilt(f): 12:46am On Apr 12, 2010
All the virginity threads should be combined into one big hairy virginity thread. This obsession with this topic is disturbing.
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by CHIMCO(m): 5:19am On Apr 12, 2010
It wil be an honour if one marries a vagin. I pray fr one.
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by Pethan: 11:33am On Apr 12, 2010
Marriage is honorable in all but bed undifiled but LovePeddler mongers and adulaters God will judge. This is the word of God from the bible.
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 12, 2010
Nairaland=Virgin land.

No wonder "virgin Nigeria" was such a hit when it was around. grin
Re: Did you marry a virgin? by SleekReek(m): 2:35pm On Apr 12, 2010
I didn't set out to marry a virgin but i eventually married one in her early 20 and just fresh out of Uni,was surprised but not shocked because when i met her and observed i realised that she was just so innocent,i mean she didn't even have a gsm phone.

Marrying a virgin does have it's challenges but let me end by saying what matters is love.Challenges come and goes but love stands the test of time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Dumps Sugar Mummy Who Wanted Sex 5 Times Every Single Day (photo) / Not Kenyan Woman,not Uber! South African Cam Model, Macy Masturbates In A Ca / Guys In The House, Which Of These 3 Do You Prefer ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.