Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup - Food (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup (35464 Views)

Poll: what would You Prefer?

Eguse Soup: 54% (104 votes)
Obgono Soup: 45% (87 votes)
This poll has ended

How To Prepare Egusi Soup - - The Ultimate Guide / How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup / My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 23, 2010
MyJoe, you incorrectly labelled my soup as okra :/

My soup is my soup. I refuse to eat ogbono without green vegetable and that was what I had and wanted. If you tasted it then you wouldn't be talking cheesy
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by maedan(f): 12:16am On Aug 24, 2010
MyJoe, what diet did u say u were on?! Lol, I have to google that! About onion + ogbono, I totally agree, they just don't mix! But a long time ago, I visited a schoolfriend at home and got introduced to the style of adding okra and ugu to the soup. It made it fiendishly thick, but it was delish! I cook d mix once in a while, but only a small pot bc the vegs don't keep well in the soup and re-heating softens it too much.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 24, 2010
I've heard of Ayurvedic practices for hair, but not as a diet. I'll have to look into it too. And you're right. The pot I made was small so the okra was delish until the last lick cheesy
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by MyJoe: 10:23am On Aug 24, 2010
ogugua88:

MyJoe, you incorrectly labelled my soup as okra :/

My soup is my soup. I refuse to eat ogbono without green vegetable and that was what I had and wanted. If you tasted it then you wouldn't be talking cheesy
You are right about your soup. But you added okro to ogbono - that makes it okro to Ogbono Activists and Cuisine Connoisseurs.  smiley

I first came across this soup in Lagos. I went to a restaurant and the Igbo woman said she had ogbono, only for her to present okro! You should have seen the wicked look I gave her. I later found a restaurant run by an Edo woman close to the office where ogbono, in all its immaculate glory, was served. As for the green, we make do with ugu. But once you add okro, it becomes just that - okro, not ogbono. But I see that's how you prefer it, and I think okro is a great soup.

maedan:

MyJoe, what diet did u say u were on?! Lol, I have to google that! About onion + ogbono, I totally agree, they just don't mix! But a long time ago, I visited a schoolfriend at home and got introduced to the style of adding okra and ugu to the soup. It made it fiendishly thick, but it was delish! I cook d mix once in a while, but only a small pot bc the vegs don't keep well in the soup and re-heating softens it too much.
It's basically about finding out your body composition and eating only the stuff that suits it. Ever wondered why you eat fattening stuff and get fat or belch or get some other side effect, but someone else you know eats them and they're perfectly fine? (That's just a crude example.) It's based on ancient Hindu scriptures. Yeah, you will find tons of stuff on Google. You can even take the test; although if I were you, I won't bother if I don't have any health concerns. Maybe I will run a thread on it sometime.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 8:21pm On Aug 26, 2010
I beg vote for Ogbono now.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 27, 2010
MyJoe:

You are right about your soup. But you added okro to ogbono - that makes it okro to Ogbono Activists and Cuisine Connoisseurs.  smiley

I first came across this soup in Lagos. I went to a restaurant and the Igbo woman said she had ogbono, only for her to present okro! You should have seen the wicked look I gave her. I later found a restaurant run by an Edo woman close to the office where ogbono, in all its immaculate glory, was served. As for the green, we make do with ugu. But once you add okro, it becomes just that - okro, not ogbono. But I see that's how you prefer it, and I think okro is a great soup.

Na lie cry lol. There isn't enough okra to consider it okra soup.

That's usually not how I make it. I use onugbu or spinach. I had no spinach and I didn't want onugbu lol. That was my first time using okra in all honesty. I took AmakaOne's tip and tried it with okra for a change. A very yummy change cheesy
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 3:41pm On Aug 27, 2010
See these people arguing about ogbono and okra stew, when i dey gbadun the stew . . . .
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:01pm On Aug 29, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Fhemmmy:

See these people arguing about ogbono and okra stew, when i dey gbadun the stew . . . .
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Nobody: 2:13am On Aug 30, 2010
Lol.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:15pm On Aug 30, 2010
wink wink
ogugua88:

Lol.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 03, 2010
Still tied cry

Fhemmy you're supposed to be recruiting. You no fit do your job abi? angry lol.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by favouredjb(f): 7:55pm On Sep 16, 2010
Egusi
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Nobody: 1:51am On Sep 17, 2010
Fhemmy where you de?! angry
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by GeorgeD1(m): 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2010
ogugua,
fhemmy is busy in the auto section cruising his navigator. wink
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 18, 2010
He's supposed to be recruiting ogbono lovers angry

It's still tied, lol.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Akemivo(f): 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2010
Ogbono. But it depends.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Nobody: 12:55am On Sep 19, 2010
Egusi - 73
Ogbono - 74

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 1:53am On Sep 19, 2010
ogugua88:

Still tied cry

Fhemmy you're supposed to be recruiting. You no fit do your job abi? angry lol.

I dey here oh, i am right back here jare.
George_D:

ogugua,
fhemmy is busy in the auto section cruising his navigator. wink

Man must wack now, need to make money to be able to eat good Ogbono . . . . . . .
ogugua88:

He's supposed to be recruiting ogbono lovers angry

It's still tied, lol.

I have recruited and now we are leading and election is over . . . . we won
ogugua88:

Egusi - 73
Ogbono - 74

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

We won already . . . .
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Nobody: 3:02am On Sep 19, 2010
You failed your job o. The only reason you de show face na because I don catch you for moto forum. Leave me jari, I don vex angry lol.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 4:56am On Sep 19, 2010
ogugua88:

You failed your job o. The only reason you de show face na because I don catch you for moto forum. Leave me jari, I don vex angry lol.

I beg, make u no vex, na money to cook Ogbono i dey find now, abi na free you go cook am for moi?
Make u no vex, now i will make sure i check this thread on a daily basis, at least to make sure i do not get fired.

- - - - Down on my bended knees
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 19, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I beg, make u no vex, na money to cook Ogbono i dey find now, abi na free you go cook am for moi?
Make u no vex, now i will make sure i check this thread on a daily basis, at least to make sure i do not get fired.

- - - - Down on my bended knees

It depends on the taste of the ogbono soup I prepare. If e sweet pass, I no fit share tongue
I suppose you can have another chance, only because I de jolly ogbono is leading lol.
I think the thread/poll should be closed now cheesy
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 3:16am On Sep 20, 2010
ogugua88:

It depends on the taste of the ogbono soup I prepare. If e sweet pass, I no fit share tongue
I suppose you can have another chance, only because I de jolly ogbono is leading lol.
I think the thread/poll should be closed now cheesy

I wonder how come the thread aint closed too, i guess they wanna wait till INEC get involved?
Thanks for a second chance and will make sure i no make u vex again.
Send some Ogbono my way now
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Nobody: 5:29am On Sep 20, 2010
Yes sha. Very soon cheesy

You're no longer needed as recruiter though. We don win lol. Stay just in case one egusi fanatic dares to show face cool
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2010
ogugua88:

Yes sha. Very soon cheesy

You're no longer needed as recruiter though. We don win lol. Stay just in case one egusi fanatic dares to show face cool

Thanks babe . . . . Will surely stay around to make sure dem no show face.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Gamine(f): 1:01am On Sep 21, 2010
Had Ogbono made with Olive oil, It was superb.
I reckon if it was Egusi, I would have puked.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 4:14am On Sep 21, 2010
Gamine:

Had Ogbono made with Olive oil, It was superb.
I reckon if it was Egusi, I would have puked.

Ogbono all the way
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Nobody: 4:31am On Sep 21, 2010
With olive oil?? This is news! How? The ogbono was melted in olive oil? Wonder what it tastes like,
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Gamine(f): 9:29am On Sep 21, 2010
No, It wasn't melted in, we don't really cook it like that (melting the ogbono in oil)
It was just put in the pot.
You should try it. It's far healthier and tasty.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 10:30pm On Sep 21, 2010
ogugua88:

With olive oil?? This is news! How? The ogbono was melted in olive oil? Wonder what it tastes like,

Lemme know how the trial went . . . cheesy
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by oblo(m): 7:40am On Sep 22, 2010
EGUSI OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grin grin ANY DAY ANYTIME,
ogbono no bad sha, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 5:29pm On Sep 23, 2010
oblo:

EGUSI OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grin grin ANY DAY ANYTIME,
ogbono no bad sha, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Na lie . . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Which Food Do You Hate That Most People Like? / See The Goat Meat Pepper Soup I Made To Reciprocate Love To My Female Neighbor / How Many Of These Yoruba Food, Soups and Vegetables Do You Know?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.