Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup (35449 Views)

Poll: what would You Prefer?

Eguse Soup: 54% (104 votes)
Obgono Soup: 45% (87 votes)
This poll has ended

How To Prepare Egusi Soup - - The Ultimate Guide / How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup / My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by amebono1: 7:00am On Oct 18, 2009
is it okro or okoro? undecided
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by THEAMAKA(f): 7:03am On Oct 18, 2009
muffins:

Okoro. kiss
oh yes i love that soup!!!
YES!! lol
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by GeorgeD1(m): 10:07am On Oct 19, 2009
Gamine:

i have to admit, the soup was kinda 'dry'
still sweet though. grin
I couldnt find the right veggies to use at the point and
i made it with chicken.

Anyway, if it was Egusi i had such limited ingredients to use,
only the dustbin would eat it, to be honest.

ah! now i see why i was not invited in the first place! if its true the ogbono was dry, so i didn't miss much then. i would have been very disappointed flying down to your house only to meet a dry soup! grin
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by lovemoi2(f): 10:35am On Nov 05, 2009
i want all cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy,

the first thing i would do when i get back to naija is fill to my belly up with naitive food for one whole week, cant wait
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by sweetliet: 1:30pm On Nov 05, 2009
ogbono any day
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by GeorgeD1(m): 4:29pm On Nov 05, 2009
i could send some to you via dhl if you don't mind, lovemoi2 ? grin
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2009
lovemoi2:

i want all cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy,

the first thing i would do when i get back to naija is fill to my belly up with naitive food for one whole week, cant wait

and i am sure that you and the toilet will spend so much time together as well
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by GeorgeD1(m): 5:33pm On Nov 05, 2009
ha! what do you mean? my ogbono sweet pass sugar oooo! grin
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 8:27pm On Nov 05, 2009
^^^ that will be scary, imagine eating eba with sugar like ogbono . . . .that might run belle oh
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Winnergal(f): 9:05pm On Nov 05, 2009
!amebo no1:

is it okro or okoro? undecided

okro, it is . . .
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by lovemoi2(f): 8:40am On Nov 06, 2009
Fhemmmy:

and i am sure that you and the toilet will spend so much time together as well

na my concern angry
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by GeorgeD1(m): 2:24pm On Nov 06, 2009
do you still need the special package ogono, lovemoi2? i'm almost through with the courier processing. would you pefer to recieve by dhl, ups or is it american express? smiley
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by triad(m): 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2009
the two soup are world class continental soup.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by triad(m): 7:21pm On Nov 06, 2009
can't wait to eat this soup 2nite.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 8:12pm On Nov 06, 2009
lovemoi2:

na my concern angry

no wahala.
triad:

the two soup are world class continental soup.

u too like better thing
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by GeorgeD1(m): 5:58pm On Nov 07, 2009
triad, we know say two of them good. just choose one, biko! smiley
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Gamine(f): 6:04pm On Nov 07, 2009
Its like, cooking ogbono with okro is very common, i had no idea of this before
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by GeorgeD1(m): 7:31pm On Nov 07, 2009
cooking ogbono with okro is uneccessary unless you're cooking with the fake type.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by maedan(f): 7:09am On Nov 08, 2009
Ah ahn, George D, since when has cooking been all about necessity? Okro and ogbono is usually a matter of taste and preference. I like it for a change sometimes. I cut the okro extra large and don't let them overcook in the ogbono so they have a slight "crunch".
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 7:52am On Nov 08, 2009
maedan:

Ah ahn, George D, since when has cooking been all about necessity? Okro and ogbono is usually a matter of taste and preference. I like it for a change sometimes. I cut the okro extra large and don't let them overcook in the ogbono so they have a slight "crunch".

That would probably gross me out.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by maedan(f): 8:08am On Nov 08, 2009
^^^What, the okro itself or the cutting it extra large tongue?? See you, I have a Ghanian couple as friends and they cook their okra whole, no dicing, grating or chopping. Think you could handle that?
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by GeorgeD1(m): 4:26pm On Nov 08, 2009
@maedan,
this your style get as e be oooo! shocked large size okro in ogbono soup? i no think say i fit honour that your com chop invite again oooo!  shocked
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Winnergal(f): 7:06pm On Nov 08, 2009
I prefer the mixture of both sauces . . .
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by maedan(f): 4:02am On Nov 09, 2009
George D, forget. The taste is in the eating, not all this one y'all are saying. The thing is, I chop my veggies big in everything. My tomatoes and pepper must be huge inside my fried eggs. As for the large-chopped okro in soups, try it and see how it tastes so natural, fresh and [i]crunchy[/i].  Lol.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by chic2pimp(m): 4:23am On Nov 09, 2009
George_D:

cooking ogbono with okro is uneccessary unless you're cooking with the fake type.
Are You Kidding Me? undecided That thing sweet pass toto gan sef cool
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by GeorgeD1(m): 12:45pm On Nov 09, 2009
ok, maedan. looks like i may change my mind, yet. smiley
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 5:29pm On Nov 09, 2009
maedan:

^^^What, the okro itself or the cutting it extra large tongue?? See you, I have a Ghanian couple as friends and they cook their okra whole, no dicing, grating or chopping. Think you could handle that?

making the okra to be big.
Some people eats Okra with rice and i think that is some nasty dishes
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by maedan(f): 5:36pm On Nov 09, 2009
Veg is veg. No rule against eating with anything. It's just your own personal preference I believe. Okro or okra is popular even to the Western cuisine. They dislike the gelatinous effect and sometimes don't even chop before cooking it. Where as for Nigerians the "draw draw" is just why we like okro and we chop it up so finely that it comes out in a thick, delicious mess cheesy.

@ George D
Dat's right. You can change anything, I'm sure, all in the name of good food grin.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by GeorgeD1(m): 6:56pm On Nov 09, 2009
ok, maedan. i'm all set for that delicious hot ogbono. let's do it! smiley
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by maedan(f): 7:28pm On Nov 09, 2009
George D, do wot?? You want my soup, you want Gamine's soup, you want to give lovemoi2 your soup---haba!! Men like you can marry more than two wives so you can enjoy plenty of assorted soups tongue grin.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 9:04pm On Nov 09, 2009
maedan:

George D, do wot?? You want my soup, you want Gamine's soup, you want to give lovemoi2 your soup---haba!! Men like you can marry more than two wives so you can enjoy plenty of assorted soups tongue grin.

It is called division of labour, he will love you for your own soup, love others for their own kinda soup too, so he will never be without soup.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by deji2009(m): 9:39pm On Nov 09, 2009
maedan:

I like soups

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Which Food Do You Hate That Most People Like? / See The Goat Meat Pepper Soup I Made To Reciprocate Love To My Female Neighbor / How Many Of These Yoruba Food, Soups and Vegetables Do You Know?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.