Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter (3171 Views)

This Honda's Sports EV Concept Is An Old-School Electric S2000 Sports Car / This Honda Urban EV Concept Car Looks Like An Old Car, But Inside Is Heavenly / Is There Any Known Issue With 2001 Honda Adidas Manual Drive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by aAK1(m): 3:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
I saw this car online last week and went to inspect today. I noticed one or two issues with it that I considered minor. Power steering pump, door handle etc but my major Concern is that the engine has been changed to an accord 1999 engine(baby boy) . I want to ask if this conversion will be a problem

Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 23, 2016
I personally will stay away from a car with swapped parts but then not all swaps are totally bad. If the engine is a direct fit ( wires, sensors and mechanical parts such as engine seats) there should not be a problem. Did you start the car & drive it?
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by aAK1(m): 6:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
0rex:
I personally will stay away from a car with swapped parts but then not all swaps are totally bad. If the engine is a direct fit ( wires, sensors and mechanical parts such as engine seats) there should not be a problem. Did you start the car & drive it?
it was started. But I did not drive
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
aAK1:
it was started. But I did not drive
Okay.
You should test drive & probably have a professional check out the car for you before purchase.

The car might have been converted from right hand to left hand drive.

Check all checkables, engage in drive while firmly pressing the brake pedal to check for engine vibration/surge, on/off the A/C and recheck.

By default, the car is a good car. It is commonly called Honda 'Adidas', you can modify your title to include that for better feedback. All the best.
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by baaliyah(m): 8:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
I think this car shares the same mechanicals with baby boy.

1 Like

Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by aAK1(m): 8:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
0rex:

Okay.
You should test drive & probably have a professional check out the car for you before purchase.

The car might have been converted from right hand to left hand drive.

Check all checkables, engage in drive while firmly pressing the brake pedal to check for engine vibration/surge, on/off the A/C and recheck.

By default, the car is a good car. It is commonly called Honda 'Adidas', you can modify your title to include that for better feedback. All the best.
I appreciate. I will look at all that again

1 Like

Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by aAK1(m): 11:26am On Jun 24, 2016
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by Bespiel: 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
Leg Leg Leg grin grin
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by aAK1(m): 3:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
Bespiel:

Leg Leg Leg grin grin
which one be leg again o? I can manage suspension and arm issues. My major worry is that engine conversion
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by Lexusgs430: 11:35pm On Jun 24, 2016
aAK1:
I saw this car online last week and went to inspect today. I noticed one or two issues with it that I considered minor. Power steering pump, door handle etc but my major Concern is that the engine has been changed to an accord 1999 engine(baby boy) . I want to ask if this conversion will be a problem

Was it originally manufactured has a RHD(right hand drive) OR LHD (left hand drive)?
NB: If you have 380k to waste, then you can buy it.
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by aAK1(m): 12:07am On Jun 25, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Was it originally manufactured has a RHD(right hand drive) OR LHD (left hand drive)?
NB: If you have 380k to waste, then you can buy it.
I don't have that information. Why did you say if I have 380 to waste
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by Readonee35L(m): 12:15am On Jun 25, 2016
aAK1:
Weather the converted one or not.
It's still a good car
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by Lexusgs430: 2:16am On Jun 25, 2016
aAK1:

How much is the car on sale for?
So you want to spend 380k on a car, not knowing if it has been converted?
Is the steering wheel on the left or right hand side?
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by Lexusgs430: 2:18am On Jun 25, 2016
Readonee35L:

Weather the converted one or not.
It's still a good car

It's not you that would be picking up the bills, when things start going wrong
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by Lexusgs430: 3:28am On Jun 25, 2016
aAK1:

You are worried about swapped engine and NOT swapped steering wheel, and how such swap was carried out ?
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by Readonee35L(m): 5:05am On Jun 25, 2016
Lexusgs430:

It's not you that would be picking up the bills, when things start going wrong
A converted 1999-2002 Accord euro conversion is no big deal . Just like a Micra or Peugeot 206conversion .

1 Like

Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by Lexusgs430: 6:55am On Jun 25, 2016
Readonee35L:

A converted 1999-2002 Accord euro conversion is no big deal . Just like a Micra or Peugeot 206conversion .

The question I think is, does the OP know it's been converted?
He only mentioned engine swap and not steering swap.
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by aAK1(m): 8:11am On Jun 25, 2016
Lexusgs430:

The question I think is, does the OP know it's been converted?
He only mentioned engine swap and not steering swap.
I get your angle now.i really did not know the steering conversion could be a problem. I just sent the seller a message to send me the vin
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by Lexusgs430: 8:15am On Jun 25, 2016
aAK1:
I get your angle now.i really did not know the steering conversion could be a problem. I just sent the seller a message to send me the vin

Going by the way Kazeem does the conversions, problems would rare their ugly heads!!!
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by aAK1(m): 8:24am On Jun 25, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Going by the way Kazeem does the conversions, problems would rare their ugly heads!!!
I think I will just pass on the car too many thins to worry about.i am still expecting the vin.
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by Lexusgs430: 8:28am On Jun 25, 2016
aAK1:
I think I will just pass on the car too many thins to worry about.i am still expecting the vin.

My OWN personal opinion, I would NEVER buy a vehicle with converted steering wheel.
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by valarinz: 3:11pm On Jun 25, 2016
Lexusgs430:

My OWN personal opinion, I would NEVER buy a vehicle with converted steering wheel.

Now that you have successfully spoiled someone else's car sales, you can now PM the OP and sell him yours

Nigerians and Stereotypes : The only good cars are Toyotas and all others are bad. All converted vehicles are also bad and the non-converted ones are good.

You can sit down at home and a million miles away and decide whether a car is bad or not, I hail ghee
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by valarinz: 3:11pm On Jun 25, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Now that you have successfully spoiled someone else's car sales, you can now PM the OP and sell him yours

Nigerians and Stereotypes : The only good cars are Toyotas and all others are bad. All converted vehicles are also bad and the non-converted ones are good.

You can sit down at home and a million miles away and decide whether a car is bad or not, I hail thee
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by Lexusgs430: 4:12pm On Jun 25, 2016
valarinz:

You can sit down at home and a million miles away and decide whether a car is bad or not, I hail thee

You dey vex o!!!
Where did I mention TOYOTA in all my replies?
The OP sought advice from a forum, and that exactly what I did. I have gave him my advice and my opinion!!!
Are you the seller?
Or I should not give a humble advice, when it was sought? Or simply tell lies?

1 Like

Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by valarinz: 4:55pm On Jun 25, 2016
Lexusgs430:

You dey vex o!!!
Where did I mention TOYOTA in all my replies?
The OP sought advice from a forum, and that exactly what I did. I have gave him my advice and my opinion!!!
Are you the seller?
Or I should not give a humble advice, when it was sought? Or simply tell lies?

I'm not the seller, neither did I say you shouldn't give your opinion, I only pointed out your stereotyping
You made him to change his mind about the car merely on your assumptions that it was converted and therefore not safe cos it wasn't properly done, you can't be so sure bro, until you see and test the car, therefore don't just generalise

Tell him what to look out for a d let him decide, it's better that way

1 Like

Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by Lexusgs430: 5:18pm On Jun 25, 2016
valarinz:

I'm not the seller, neither did I say you shouldn't give your opinion, I only pointed out your stereotyping
You made him to change his mind about the car merely on your assumptions that it was converted and therefore not safe cos it wasn't properly done, you can't be so sure bro, until you see and test the car, therefore don't just generalise

Tell him what to look out for a d let him decide, it's better that way

I totally respect your opinion, but I have to SAY it, the way I SEE it. And OP would have a choice to make, from the myriad and diverse suggestions he receives. He would simply be in a better position to make an informed and positive decision.
If I influenced his buying decision, either positively or negatively. An impact has been made.
OP, is an adult and can read through and between the lines of advice(s),he receives.
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by valarinz: 7:27pm On Jun 25, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I totally respect your opinion, but I have to SAY it, the way I SEE it. And OP would have a choice to make, from the myriad and diverse suggestions he receives. He would simply be in a better position to make an informed and positive decision.
If I influenced his buying decision, either positively or negatively. An impact has been made.
OP, is an adult and can read through and between the lines of advice(s),he receives.

Ok, let's hope so
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by NinaMiliano: 11:46pm On Jun 25, 2016
Adidas is very cool. Am currently using one wch is even my 2nd. OP can buy it provided d transmission is smooth n engine runs well. Even at DAT, d engine and trans isn't even expensive. And d car doesn't consume fuel, d legs r stronger Dan regular baby boy and EOD. Its one of d rugged small Honda cars I can vouch for. I've used EOD, baby boy, civic. .....Adidas is generally stronger and easier to maintain Dan all.
OP its a good buy, I can vouch for it anyday

1 Like

Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by aAK1(m): 12:08am On Jun 26, 2016
NinaMiliano:
Adidas is very cool. Am currently using one wch is even my 2nd. OP can buy it provided d transmission is smooth n engine runs well. Even at DAT, d engine and trans isn't even expensive. And d car doesn't consume fuel, d legs r stronger Dan regular baby boy and EOD. Its one of d rugged small Honda cars I can vouch for. I've used EOD, baby boy, civic. .....Adidas is generally stronger and easier to maintain Dan all.
OP its a good buy, I can vouch for it anyday
thanks boss
Re: I am getting this Honda 'Adidas What Problems Do U Think I May Encounter by stpat1(m): 8:26pm On Jun 26, 2016
until I see Ikenna, Gazzuzz or siena comment, all these ones una dey talk na hypothesis. grin

(1) (Reply)

Is This Naija Used Kia Rio Worth 500k?? / What Car Should I Buy This New Year? / Consider This Unique Reading On My Car Meter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.