Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird (56546 Views)

Nigerians React On Twitter As AMCON Sets To Take Over Ben Bruce' Properties / AMCON Takes Over Silverbird's Properties (pictures) / Breaking:police Barricade Silverbird Cinemas As AMCON Takes Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by rasco2000me: 7:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
Common sense man no get sense again,he wil come out and be yanny nonsense, d man is among d people who kill d nigeria economy

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Nairadays: 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
This is sad.

Let's put politics aside, no one should politicize the seizing of another man's business whether APC or PDP, so many staff feeding families are involved.

Bruce, as egbon in that family more grease to your elbow as you try with God helping you; turn the fortunes around.

Questions are: were they not servicing this loan? we're their string of businesses not profitable?

Na wa ooo, I pity them Abeg.

2 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by chachanga: 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
StOla:

I doubt that the Murray Bruce family can be accused of being too wasteful or elitist to the point of wrecking themselves financially.

Yes they will enjoy their wealth and not live like paupers, but i doubt any of them own a private jet or have kids schooling at Eton or any of the expensive universities. Everything known to the public about their lives seem to be achievable by any very comfortable middle class family in Nigeria, despite their own very wealthy status.

I however like that they have reacted to this episode in their lives as a business oriented and sane individual would.

Business can always go bad when a lot is staked on an unstable investment that goes south, but also give huge returns when the score is right.

If only u cld take inventory of the businesses that have packed up since all this madness started!

3 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by IYANGBALI: 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
See as their hand dey shake like sey dem dey write exam

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Larwin(m): 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
You are taking d company from dem and dats understandable enuf, but y sealing it up? What's d fate is d thousands of employees having Dere daily bread from this sealed building.
Can't you just give the management to another group dat will manage it well
When will Nigeria wakeup

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by egopersonified(f): 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
who can explain what this signing of court order means, what happens after now,
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Boss13: 7:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
StOla:
The Murray Bruce family is one I will never gloat over their present financial debacle. Their history in business starting from their father, devoid of government loot, is one that is worthy of emulation.

I might not agree with Senator Ben Bruce politically, but he has my respect for his business acumen and lofty ideals. How this investment went bad is what puzzles me.

What is the business acumen, when you cannot service your debt and you are currently going under Administration? A savvy businessman knows how to match his funding needs. Even when forecasting goes against you, a savvy business understands that he needs to hedge his risk.

Do you know what this means to their reputation? I bet their father would be turning in his grave.

4 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Sam0(m): 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
Buhari is here! I just want to make a common sense.

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by 3kay945(m): 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
How much the money plz,
Bruce, stay calm . All is well cool
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Boss13: 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
egopersonified:
who can explain what this signing of court order means, what happens after now,

It means AMCON has taken over their property and will do whatever it pleases with it to get its money. If the Murray-Bruces come to the negotiating table and restructure their loans with a definite plan of repayment, AMCON may be nice to them to give them their property.

7 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by willyo(m): 7:43pm On Jun 23, 2016
OLX... sell It grin

3 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by omokunbi86(m): 7:47pm On Jun 23, 2016
3kay945:
How much the money plz, Bruce, stay calm . All is well cool

Just 11bn. Quite small isn't it?

3 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by oweman: 7:47pm On Jun 23, 2016
Another dream gone up in smoke I don't see dovrrnotd surviving these with Jonathan around maybe do mayo ago could have been put in place yo raise some billion for this guy buy with zbuhati that chance I'd less than 5& positive !
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by omokunbi86(m): 7:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
Boss13:

It means AMCON has taken over their property and will do whatever it pleases with it to get its money. If the Murray-Bruces come to the negotiating table and restructure their loans with a definite plan of repayment, AMCON may be nice to them to give them their property.

AMCON, just OLX the properties grin
Boss13:

AMCON, just OLX the properties

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Pavarottii(m): 7:49pm On Jun 23, 2016
divinecode101:

You are right my brother, it is because GEJ is also a thief and an ineffectual buffoon - that is why it will never happen
For now, we need to appreciate that what GEJ does not have the capacity to do, PMB is doing - recovering our commonwealth
Just like Tinubu laid the foundation for a modern Lagos, PMB is laying a foundation for a corruption-free Nigeria. Nigeria belongs to us, NOT to few corrupt politician. We either allow the few looters to end our country or put a stop to it NOW
Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria
Long live APC
So silverbird group is a corrupt organization?

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Nairadays: 7:50pm On Jun 23, 2016
Larwin:
You are taking d company from dem and dats understandable enuf, but y sealing it up? What's d fate is d thousands of employees having Dere daily bread from this sealed building.
Can't you just give the management to another group dat will manage it well
When will Nigeria wakeup

Yes you're right, I think AMCON will run it for a while like they did with the nationalised banks, this move is to pass across a message first.

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by piagetskinner(m): 7:50pm On Jun 23, 2016
divinecode101:

You are right my brother, it is because GEJ is also a thief and an ineffectual buffoon - that is why it will never happen
For now, we need to appreciate that what GEJ does not have the capacity to do, PMB is doing - recovering our commonwealth
Just like Tinubu laid the foundation for a modern Lagos, PMB is laying a foundation for a corruption-free Nigeria. Nigeria belongs to us, NOT to few corrupt politician. We either allow the few looters to end our country or put a stop to it NOW
Long live APC
And when he leaves office what do u think is going to happen...the nigerians I know are a very herdy set of people...buhari isn't going to be in power forever, once a lazi faire president comes onboard then everything is back as it has always been

It it our mentality we need to change first

3 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 23, 2016
StOla:
The Murray Bruce family is one I will never gloat over their present financial debacle. Their history in business starting from their father, devoid of government loot, is one that is worthy of emulation.

I might not agree with Senator Ben Bruce politically, but he has my respect for his business acumen and lofty ideals. How this investment went bad is what puzzles me.

The " business" going bad is not a mystery. Entrepreneurs start businesses by being visionary, charismatic and dynamic. At some stage though those men are faced with two questions. One, do you leverage using debt or do you grow organically? Two do you let professionals create transparent workflow or do you still continue flying by the seat of your pants? Every business will face these two questions. Silverbird failed both. Ben Bruce is a visionary not a business manager. An alchemist not a line worker. Throw into the mix, praise singers, sycophants and users and you have the perfect tragedy.

Like you I am sympathetic to human flaws. We all have them. The height of the stage determines how visible they are. Unlike you, I have no doubt how this happened.

And it will happen again time without number until the regulatory agencies do their work, politics is cleaned up and the popular opinion becomes less sycophantic and toxic.

Politics was a bad call for Ben. He was my senior prefect in school so I sympathize deeply but I also see how it all unfolded. Hubris. It happens to even the best of men. Sad.

13 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Larwin(m): 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nairadays:

Yes you're right, I think AMCON will run it for a while like they did with the nationalised banks, this move is to pass across a message first.
Better, we don't need lay-off at a time like this
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Boss13: 7:59pm On Jun 23, 2016
greenpasture:

The " business" going bad is not a mystery. Entrepreneurs start businesses by being visionary, charismatic and dynamic. At some stage though those men are faced with two questions. One, do you leverage using debt or do you grow organically? Two do you let professionals create transparent workflow or do you still continue flying by the seat of your pants? Every business will face these two questions. Silverbird failed both. Ben Bruce is a visionary not a business manager. An alchemist not a line worker. Throw into the mix, praise singers, sycophants and users and you have the perfect tragedy.

Like you I am sympathetic to human flaws. We all have them. The height of the stage determines how visible they are. Unlike you, I have no doubt how this happened.

And it will happen again time without number until the regulatory agencies do their work, politics is cleaned up and the popular opinion becomes less sycophantic and toxic.

Politics was a bad call for Ben. He was my senior prefect in school so I sympathize deeply but I also see how it all unfolded. Hubris. It happens to even the best of men. Sad.

I agree with you except the part of Ben Murray-Bruce entering into politics. He just became a Senator, however, this loan has been bad even before the incorporation of AMCON. It was part of the bad loans sold to AMCON. Hence, they were not servicing the debt.

4 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by bishopkay: 7:59pm On Jun 23, 2016
divinecode101:

Long live APC

People like you make me give up on Nigeria! where did the report say it is loot being recovered?
The man is a business man. He got a loan from the bank cum AMCON and he couldn't pay. He knew the risks. The bank moved to reclaim the collateral and that's that.

Which one be Buhari and GEJ and those many jargon when you come talk full there?

2 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:03pm On Jun 23, 2016
divinecode101:

Long live APC
By becoming d biggest landlord in Africa?
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by boojwa(m): 8:05pm On Jun 23, 2016
He should keep talkin common sense rubbish when there is no road to his village...continue insultin ya president...this is season 1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by damola1: 8:05pm On Jun 23, 2016
HOw we go come dey watch film now?...

i dey come or na amcom, give us our cinema back o!

i no get TV for house o.. me I wan watch film o!!!!

I had my first cinema experience there, can't forget it.. Chronicles of Narnia, it's magical.... God bless you and bruce family for giving such an excellent opportunity to experience beauty.. this was I think 2005... when the cinemas was first opened... Even me and my babe then could feel the snow in the cinema, it's that cool.

Can't forget aslan.. the lion, bought a rug with a lion on it... shortly afterwards.

Up till the recent xmen!.. whoops... but this time around at the Ikeja City Mall.

For the love of entertainment, I pray you over come this, Nigeria is damn too stressful, I repeat damn too stressful for me not to have a cinema experience...

Another reason..

2 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by nduchucks: 8:05pm On Jun 23, 2016
StOla:

Acumen which leaves a corporation in humongous debt it cannot pay and which could bankrupt the corporation is not one to wish for or admire.

In those days GEJ would have covered it up. This is the way the elite has been stealing for years.

4 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 23, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
By becoming d biggest landlord in Africa?

I hope you wont come to eat your word like your principal, Dokpesi

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Enahi(f): 8:06pm On Jun 23, 2016
Awwwww....... so sad I really do feel for them cry
The Bruce family will rise again, they are hundred times better than the illiterate Northerners that got their wealth through politics and Niger Delta oil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by ajealadick(m): 8:07pm On Jun 23, 2016
StOla:

Devoid of government loot you say?

What about the many scandal of oga common sense as DG NTA? Talk another thing.

5 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Nonso92(m): 8:07pm On Jun 23, 2016
Still trying to understand this, is it that the silverbird group went broke, or the company was a bad investment.
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by grandstar(m): 8:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
Though there is impunity in this country by the rich, the high lending rates is killing businesses. I am sure this enterprise would not have this problem if interest rates were in single digits.

Nigerians have no business borrowing in double digits in s country where an expansionary budget is not more than a budget deficit of 3% of GDP.
Until the naira substituition policy ends, double digit lending rates will continue to kill promising busonesses

2 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Kobicove(m): 8:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
Do you bloggers even bother to do a cross check before you rush to publish?

Jonathan is Ben Bruce's son, not his brother! undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Gubernatorial Elections Collation Updates / 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 / Do You Agree With This Presidential Election Prediction By The Nation Newspaper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.