Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird (56547 Views)

Nigerians React On Twitter As AMCON Sets To Take Over Ben Bruce' Properties / AMCON Takes Over Silverbird's Properties (pictures) / Breaking:police Barricade Silverbird Cinemas As AMCON Takes Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Ikechukwu48: 11:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
maestroferddi:
Nigeria will never be the same again with Buhari's system of governance built on unconscionable arbitrariness and full-blown despotism.

While those clapping at the perpetration of tyranny and emasculation of dissension and opposition are having a laugh, they should do well to remember that power is transient.

Buhari or the APC will not be in power forever.

We are watching.

Thank you.

Buhari is a worse dictator than Idi Amin. No wonder Abacha was his favorite president

Birds of a feather flocks together
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by coachwilcox(m): 12:12am On Jun 24, 2016
I don't blame them. The useless banks will never invest in the real sector. Only oil and gas with their short term returns. AIT and Silverbird. Now some governor claims they funded his campaign. Invest in the real sector na lie. Invest in long term capital projects that will encourage import substitution na lie. There are 41 banned items from forex. Give loans to build factories to manufacture them na lie.

Nigerian banks are the bane of our economic development.

4 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by flyforall: 12:13am On Jun 24, 2016
THEY'VE TAKEN AERO, NOW SILVERBIRD...MAYBE ARIK NEXT
HOPEFULLYY THEY WILL DO A BETTER JOB AT MANAGEMENT
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by coachwilcox(m): 12:16am On Jun 24, 2016
Na only Nigerian bank go access national housing fund at single digit and issue mortgage at double digit. Na them go access dollar at 197 and charge you 350. Na only Nigerian bank go employ corporate prostitutes to bring account especially government parastatal account.

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by winningwinner(m): 12:30am On Jun 24, 2016
divinecode101:

You are right my brother, it is because GEJ is also a thief and an ineffectual buffoon - that is why it will never happen
For now, we need to appreciate that what GEJ does not have the capacity to do, PMB is doing - recovering our commonwealth
Just like Tinubu laid the foundation for a modern Lagos, PMB is laying a foundation for a corruption-free Nigeria. Nigeria belongs to us, NOT to few corrupt politician. We either allow the few looters to end our country or put a stop to it NOW
Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria
Long live APC

Hmmmm! By the time he finishes the foundation, and revovering the so-called LOOT, every Nigerian will become jobless and unemployed, including YOU!!!
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Lanresnett(m): 12:52am On Jun 24, 2016
[quote author=coachwilcox post=46868946]I don't blame them. The useless banks will never invest in the real sector. Only oil and gas with their short term returns. AIT and Silverbird. Now some governor claims they funded his campaign. Invest in the real sector na lie. Invest in long term capital projects that will encourage import substitution na lie. There are 41 banned items from forex. Give loans to build factories to manufacture them na lie.

True talk my brother. Wailers over to you.
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by rusher14: 12:52am On Jun 24, 2016
11 billion Naira is a loan of 5 million Naira to 2200 separate businesses.

At interests of 10% maximum you achieve your goal of making profit whilst boosting the economy.

Banks should wise up.

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by rusher14: 12:55am On Jun 24, 2016
coachwilcox:
I don't blame them. The useless banks will never invest in the real sector. Only oil and gas with their short term returns. AIT and Silverbird. Now some governor claims they funded his campaign. Invest in the real sector na lie. Invest in long term capital projects that will encourage import substitution na lie. There are 41 banned items from forex. Give loans to build factories to manufacture them na lie.

Honestly, I didn't see your post before making my own submission.

These banks are unreasonable and unrealistic.

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by arresa: 1:19am On Jun 24, 2016
Awon oni gbese oshi buruku..
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by eemjay17(m): 1:23am On Jun 24, 2016
Bro eh... .. You need to go back in time to Ben Bruce time as the DG of NTA and what happened to all the money allocated for the purported digitization of NTA during that time. It will interest you to realize that Silver bird t.v was founded and made to be up and running with upto date technology at about that same time but unfortunately, NTA digitization is still an unrealized dream up til this moment despite the huge millions of tax payer money expended back then. Do the math sir. Mr Common sense happens to be part of the problem.
StOla:
The Murray Bruce family is one I will never gloat over their present financial debacle. Their history in business starting from their father, devoid of government loot, is one that is worthy of emulation.

I might not agree with Senator Ben Bruce politically, but he has my respect for his business acumen and lofty ideals. How this investment went bad is what puzzles me.
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by ddeola: 2:10am On Jun 24, 2016
Eyah ! But I never see senator Ben Bruce tweet about the take over
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by TijaniAbu: 2:54am On Jun 24, 2016
2BB4CB3E:
[b]am really worried about this country
everything is just irritating
from governors to senators to state house of rep to local government chairmen
judiciary is rubbish fake lawyers up and down and they all carry(SAN) i wonder which cases they have been winning
cause there isnt a single person since tafa balogun that has gone to jail for years now
its really sad honestly
you will be held for an offense and you will be saying "how abt peter"what abt him (stupid sentiments)
everything is just somehow
prayer wont work
what we need is some serious action

buhari cant do much cause the thieves around him wont allow much happen
then even if he ignores them, senate wont allow his plan work
stealing and financial mismanagement will never stop lets just accept that and face life like that
if ure lucky to enter a position steal, if not stay poor

i have on good authority!!!!
that a certain business man was owing a bank billions in debt
wen the bank wanted to fight him for the money, he used a governor to threatened the bank
that if he is disgraced the state funds will be taken away from the bank
the bank had to let go of the debt or as they will say fooling themselves (non-performing loans)
and that's how the man walked away with billions and never paid #true story
but lapo will be disgracing some market woman because of 6000
thats life for you ooooo
na heaven win am my people [/b]

Who is stopping the vulture dictator from working? Who is around him except paid sycophants?

Buhari that proudly proclamed he has never worked before is not somebody anyone pledges allegiance to or works for -

http://ynaija.com/ive-not-forgiven-obasanjo-and-i-will-not-forget-what-ibb-did-to-me-gen-buhari-opens-up-like-never-before/
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by zomby(m): 3:12am On Jun 24, 2016
This is a sign of progress in Nigeria, a sign of transparency.....If any of the previous governments (the old Nigeria, business as usual style) was in charge, stuff like this would have been covered up with stolen money or another unredeemable loan.

This is the type of Nigeria we want; where the system works.
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Nobody: 4:05am On Jun 24, 2016
I am very sad at the turn of events in the Bruce family business. Cannot the government intervene to protect a thriving business endeavour. If this business dies many people will add to the teeming army of unemployed. Government can bail them out. The private sector is extremely important and must be protected by any means necessary.
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by MielBaker(m): 5:18am On Jun 24, 2016
Few days back, I'm certain the Bruce brothers didn't see this coming. Hopefully it will be sorted soon. This kind of predicament require more than common sense and twitter.

Na so condition don change before u open eye.
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by mikolo80: 5:22am On Jun 24, 2016
StOla:
The Murray Bruce family is one I will never gloat over their present financial debacle. Their history in business starting from their father, devoid of government loot, is one that is worthy of emulation.

I might not agree with Senator Ben Bruce politically, but he has my respect for his business acumen and lofty ideals. How this investment went bad is what puzzles me.
which stoopid business acumen. he stole nta money and invested in overpriced cinema biz. how many Nigerians can afford to watch film with 700 naira. the theatres are always empty and they didn't give diasef brain to reduce prices to attract crowd. at all at all na in bad pass. instead they were comparing naija economy with Yankees.Mtscheeew no wonder d mumu run for Senate to try replenish his stock. just when I thought we had found an Obama, we get a koro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by mikolo80: 5:24am On Jun 24, 2016
wowmenow:
Signing there property to tinubu boy muiz banire

All hail the tyrant in Abuja
which tyrant. dem no know wen dem de charge 600 naira for popcorn ba.
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by madjune(m): 5:59am On Jun 24, 2016
StOla:

It went bad because of two N.

Nepa and Nollywood.
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by madjune(m): 6:14am On Jun 24, 2016
damola1:
i no get TV for house o.. me I wan watch film o!!!!

I had my first movie there, can't forget it.. Chronicles of Narnia, it's magical.... God bless you and bruce family for giving such an excellent opportunity to experience beauty.. this was I think 2005... when the cinemas was first opened

Can't forget aslan.. the lion, bought a rug with a lion on it... shortly afterwards.

Up till the recent xmen!.. whoops... but this time around at the Ikeja City Mall.

For the love of entertainment, I pray you over come this, Nigeria is damn too stressful, I repeat damn too stressful for me not to have a cinema experience...

Another reason..

Do you also remember the first Jim Iyke movie at silver bird?

How much was the ticket?

That's when the cinema began to die.
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 24, 2016
winningwinner:

Hmmmm! By the time he finishes the foundation, and revovering the so-called LOOT, every Nigerian will become jobless and unemployed, including YOU!!!

It is you and your generation that will become jobless not me bro
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Nobody: 6:38am On Jun 24, 2016
bankylan:

Our youths have lost their sense of humanity....what foundation of great Lagos did Tinubu lay? This is 21st century and lagosians are still living like cave men...The worst that could happen to a nation is the emergence of a man like Buhari as the President....the economy is in shambles, there is no job,no plan,naira lost its value, businesses are folding up....Fulani guys are killing and there is word from Buhari other than the fulanis are not from Nigeria....Bro, I only pity the youths still praising Buhari....Let's pray what happened the last time he was in power does not repeat itself...

Wailer, who is your mate? Who is a youth? I am your father's mate

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by waistaa(f): 7:14am On Jun 24, 2016
I don't care what flying Buharia does,but for the Bruce family I pray they come out of these case. Most of us yabbing/insult his common sense,how many of us can boast of employing people like they did,just chill till ur sibling or loved ones tell you they have been laid of silverbird be it T.V,Radio,Cinema,Beauty agencies and the ones we don't know then we will come to appreciate the effort of others. We insult Fayose but who would have voiced for us what Buhari and his incompetent ministers wanted to do with the Yuan loan deal? Who would have made us appreciate our country Naija and her blessings we have buy appreciating our local products and ideas by boosting the morals of those people that want to make an impact or being their voice in growing Naira. How can a president be cleaning with opppsitions who decided not to join his party, why didn't Jonathan do so to other political members while he was on seat. Lastly ask your self who have you helped by job creation,who have u helped by spreading their works to customers who might need them and what have you done for Naija....
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Optionalx: 8:33am On Jun 24, 2016
bender79:
This is what change of govt can bring if Gej was there, it can't happen.
This fixation on GEJ is getting too much haba. Even if Gej had won the election he will be there for just 4years. Silverbird Gallera in VI was built before GEJ presidency and company hv been business 36 years. GEJ obviously wasn't president for this period.

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by sucess001(m): 9:30am On Jun 24, 2016
StOla:

I doubt that the Murray Bruce family can be accused of being too wasteful or elitist to the point of wrecking themselves financially.

Yes they will enjoy their wealth and not live like paupers, but i doubt any of them own a private jet or have kids schooling at Eton or any of the expensive universities. Everything known to the public about their lives seem to be achievable by any very comfortable middle class family in Nigeria, despite their own very wealthy status.

I however like that they have reacted to this episode in their lives as a business oriented and sane individual would.

Business can always go bad when a lot is staked on an unstable investment that goes south, but also give huge returns when the score is right.

all business have up and downs...with Nigeria's economy, most business are going down...banks are making collosal provisions and even foreign ones are closing shop...emirates...british airways etc...its not cos the Bruce guys have not done well...they are recruiters of Labour...they should be supported not crucified...
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by emilyone(f): 9:32am On Jun 24, 2016
Ben lost it the moment he dabbled into politics.
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by stunning4real: 11:44am On Jun 24, 2016
grandstar:
Though there is impunity in this country by the rich, the high lending rates is killing businesses. I am sure this enterprise would not have this problem if interest rates were in single digits.

Nigerians have no business borrowing in double digits in s country where an expansionary budget is not more than a budget deficit of 3% of GDP.
Until the naira substituition policy ends, double digit lending rates will continue to kill promising busonesses
God bless you interest rate in Nigeria is not helping business tycoon at all.
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by lebete3000: 12:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
StOla:

What about the accusation when he was DG of NTA.
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by oluwafreshkid(m): 1:03pm On Jun 24, 2016
StOla:

Here what I think :
He took the loan to finance his election bid and the reelection of GEJ with the hope of repaying it when he wins...(they do that a lot).

This one loan wasn't about business.

But since 2011? I dunno what to even think again sef
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by winningwinner(m): 11:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
divinecode101:

It is you and your generation that will become jobless not me bro

Hmmmm! I am not annoyed by that, I should advise you to always tread the path of the divine and learn to behave well. Anyway, I am not against your support for this government, but you must be careful not to speak anyhow simply because you have the means. If the present way Nigeria is heading is okay by you then I see joblessness and unemployment greeting you GOOD MORNING in no distant time! Think deep about it.
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by DanielGb(m): 11:56pm On Jun 24, 2016
The same person who said he has saved certain millions of Naira in Bank which he his willing to give out for the generation and stability of electricity.

#Theory is Shit.
Do the needful.

That's a common sense advice.
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 25, 2016
winningwinner:

Hmmmm! I am not annoyed, I should be advised to always tread the path of the divine and learn to behave well. Anyway, I am not against my support for this government, but I must be careful not to speak anyhow simply because I have the means. If the present way Nigeria is heading is okay by me then I see joblessness and unemployment greeting me GOOD MORNING in no distant time! Think deep about it.

Well, your problem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Gubernatorial Elections Collation Updates / Do You Agree With This Presidential Election Prediction By The Nation Newspaper? / Where Muhammad Abu Ali Was Killed (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.