Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,488 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird (56545 Views)

Nigerians React On Twitter As AMCON Sets To Take Over Ben Bruce' Properties / AMCON Takes Over Silverbird's Properties (pictures) / Breaking:police Barricade Silverbird Cinemas As AMCON Takes Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by babayinka77(m): 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
Keneking:
Whao so many jobs to be lost due to this...

What about Shoprite in Silverbird Abuja, did they forget that asset too?
You should also realise that union bank could also sack a lot of its staff if the loan is not recovered. That's just the way they've been sinking the banking sector before someof them now started sacking their staff. 11bn loan is huge to be forfeited by any bank(local or foreign)

2 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by pheesayor(m): 9:25pm On Jun 23, 2016
goodlifehyd:
Why cant he settle the loan with the same money he was trying to use in helping osun state workers back then.

Correct!!! Like you saw my post on twitter/fb earlier today. The guy was ranting that year not knowing his time was coming

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by maestroferddi: 9:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nigeria will never be the same again with Buhari's system of governance built on unconscionable arbitrariness and full-blown despotism.

While those clapping at the perpetration of tyranny and emasculation of dissension and opposition are having a laugh, they should do well to remember that power is transient.

Buhari or the APC will not be in power forever.

We are watching.
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by cashkid: 9:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
the common sense man grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by dondo83(m): 9:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
StOla:
The Murray Bruce family is one I will never gloat over their present financial debacle. Their history in business starting from their father, devoid of government loot, is one that is worthy of emulation.

I might not agree with Senator Ben Bruce politically, but he has my respect for his business acumen and lofty ideals. How this investment went bad is what puzzles me.

please do a better research. ..what happened to dominoes stores?

2 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by hotwax: 9:39pm On Jun 23, 2016
maestroferddi:
Nigeria will never be the same again with Buhari's system of governance built on unconscionable arbitrariness and full-blown despotism.

While those clapping at the perpetration of tyranny and emasculation of dissension and opposition are having a laugh, they should do well to remember that power is transient.

We are watching.

SO Buhari took the loan for him? Has Ben bruce himself complained?

What is exactly wrong with some lunatic Nigerians?

Do you have access to loan yourself?

Are you not human? Dont you deserve a loan for a business?

Are you born slave?

When ben bruce collects all the loans and refused to pay...is he the only Nigerian?

Tribalism and tribal hate has made some people dogs.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by bankylan: 9:50pm On Jun 23, 2016
divinecode101:

You are right my brother, it is because GEJ is also a thief and an ineffectual buffoon - that is why it will never happen
For now, we need to appreciate that what GEJ does not have the capacity to do, PMB is doing - recovering our commonwealth
Just like Tinubu laid the foundation for a modern Lagos, PMB is laying a foundation for a corruption-free Nigeria. Nigeria belongs to us, NOT to few corrupt politician. We either allow the few looters to end our country or put a stop to it NOW
Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria

Long live APC

Our youths have lost their sense of humanity....what foundation of great Lagos did Tinubu lay? This is 21st century and lagosians are still living like cave men...The worst that could happen to a nation is the emergence of a man like Buhari as the President....the economy is in shambles, there is no job,no plan,naira lost its value, businesses are folding up....Fulani guys are killing and there is word from Buhari other than the fulanis are not from Nigeria....Bro, I only pity the youths still praising Buhari....Let's pray what happened the last time he was in power does not repeat itself...

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by maestroferddi: 9:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
hotwax:

Are you born slave?

When ben bruce collects all the loans and refused to pay...is he the only Nigerian?

You try and put that thing you are carrying inside your head to good use.

Commonsense ought to have told you that Murray-Bruce probably wouldnt have been targeted were he not vocal on national issues.

Unless you are a toddler (you are talking like one in any case), you should the procedure for loan recovery instead of this play to the gallery.

Maybe I may need to drum it hard into your thick skull that virtually almost all Nigerian entrepreneurs/politicians are massively exposed to banks and other financial institutions. If this stringent and punitive measure were to be applied across board, the likes of Dangote would be brought down with a thud.

Why am I even wasting my time on you?
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by FakeNEWSevryday: 9:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
ZuzuMan:
cool
u made my day
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by hotwax: 10:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
maestroferddi:
You try and put that thing you are carrying inside your head to good use.

Commonsense ought to have told you that Murray-Bruce probably wouldnt have been targeted were he not vocal on national issues.

Unless you are a toddler (you are talking like one in any case), you should the procedure for loan recovery instead of this play to the gallery.

Maybe I may need to drum it hard into your thick skull that virtually almost all Nigerian entrepreneurs/politicians are massively exposed to banks and other financial institutions. If this stringent and punitive measure were to be applied across board, the likes of Dangote would be brought down with a thud.

Why am I even wasting my time on you?

Sir werey..

Shut your stinky gub.

You criticize the government for poor economic policies, yet you took a loan of 12billion without repaying.

In short you are not a gud entrepreneur... You will not do better than the government...

Beside, he didnt cry the 12billion clawback is witch-hunt...has he?

Political witch-hunt...why is witch stealing our money too...

If witch is owing us 12billion, he should pay..

Nigeria is not his fathers property.

3 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by kenchylala: 10:02pm On Jun 23, 2016
divinecode101:

You are right my brother, it is because GEJ is also a thief and an ineffectual buffoon - that is why it will never happen
For now, we need to appreciate that what GEJ does not have the capacity to do, PMB is doing - recovering our commonwealth
Just like Tinubu laid the foundation for a modern Lagos, PMB is laying a foundation for a corruption-free Nigeria. Nigeria belongs to us, NOT to few corrupt politician. We either allow the few looters to end our country or put a stop to it NOW
Long live APC

The wealth reach you hand?
More ppl has lost jobs in one year than 16years of d other party..
More business have closed or left Nigeria in one year than 16years. Who dey fool who. You dey recover d wealth for who to steal am?

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by push24: 10:03pm On Jun 23, 2016
[size=28pt]Amcon have no power to do that inside western nigeria. and victoria island is western nigeria. [/size]
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by babadee1(m): 10:03pm On Jun 23, 2016
kingviny:
At 30% interest per annum, Senator Bruce is expected to be paying over 3 billion annually. That in itself is killing. If you dont enjoy monopoly like Dangote or if you are not into big time contract runs, it is very difficult to meet up with repayment obligations .

Seeing this, AMCON should have administered justice with mercy to encourage this iconic entrepreneur. Instead of this big disgrace of his brand, they could have taken over behind the scene. The businesses should still have been allowed to run for the sake of the brand equity and for the sake of the employees.

Mr. Bruce's business (entertainment) is a very viable business. If its management are changed and the group privatized, AMCON can still realize a lot of money from this while still retaining 51% of Silverbird group stocks. With what they have done, they have made this going concern un - attractive . No investment holding entity would want to buy SILVERBIRD ventures (bad publicity) and as things stands, thousands will once again loose their jobs. How much can AMCON realise if they are to sell just the building instead of the business?

AMCON money is Nigeria's money, they should act by helping and not by destroying. AMCON has destroyed the SILVERBIRD brand, they have really bruised the Bruces.

Excellent comment I totally agree with you on this. You really made common sense.

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by maestroferddi: 10:05pm On Jun 23, 2016
bankylan:

Our youths have lost their sense of humanity....what foundation of great Lagos did Tinubu lay? This is 21st century and lagosians are still living like cave men...The worst that could happen to a nation is the emergence of a man like Buhari as the President....the economy is in shambles, there is no job,no plan,naira lost its value, businesses are folding up....Fulani guys are killing and there is word from Buhari other than the fulanis are not from Nigeria....Bro, I only pity the youths still praising Buhari....Let's pray what happened the last time he was in power does not repeat itself...
Why the disparate undesirable elements are applauding the enthronement of tyranny and dictatorship in Africa's most populous nation, Nigerians are being billed for phantom electric consumption they never had; several places are making do with months-long black out; the naira has undertaken a precipitous free fall; the economy, once the fastest growing n Africa, has fallen into a horrific recession; ethnic militias are beginning to blossom again; our nascent democracy is being endangered rumours of incipient coup plotting, among a litany of other negativities.

Is the black man really cursed?
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by slamco2007: 10:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
StOla:
The Murray Bruce family is one I will never gloat over their present financial debacle. Their history in business starting from their father, devoid of government loot, is one that is worthy of emulation.

I might not agree with Senator Ben Bruce politically, but he has my respect for his business acumen and lofty ideals. How this investment went bad is what puzzles me.
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by mindtricks: 10:13pm On Jun 23, 2016
divinecode101:

Long live APC

The day Buhari finds the balls to jail a prominent corrupt loyalist of his party APC I will take his anti-corruption crap seriously.

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by maestroferddi: 10:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
hotwax:

Sir werey..

Shut your stinky gub.

You criticize the government for poor economic policies, yet you took a loan of 12billion without repaying.

In short you are not a gud entrepreneur... You will not do better than the government...

Beside, he didnt cry the 12billion clawback is witch-hunt...has he?

Political witch-hunt...why is witch stealing our money too...

If witch is owing us 12billion, he should pay..

Nigeria is not his fathers property.
You see the problem?

You are probably an adult but your mental age cannot possibly be older than five years.

So because Murray Bruce has not told you or your village chief that he is being witch-hunted that means that he is comfortable with the kamikaze action of AMCON propelled by Buhari's infamous vindictiveness?

When you grow the sense of a teenager, notify me to see whether I can touch base with you in some form of critical thinking...

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Toofan007: 10:20pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nigeria is fu*cked! A business took a loan from another business, thus agreeing to a contract between the two of them, with stipulated rules of engagement, I would suppose. One of the business is obviously not able to keep its end of the contract it duly entered into, by servicing it debt. So Ben Bruce should be given flowers for a job weldone? Please quit it with this sentimental semantics!.

2 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by damola1: 10:21pm On Jun 23, 2016
i no get TV for house o.. me I wan watch film o!!!!

I had my first movie there, can't forget it.. Chronicles of Narnia, it's magical.... God bless you and bruce family for giving such an excellent opportunity to experience beauty.. this was I think 2005... when the cinemas was first opened

Can't forget aslan.. the lion, bought a rug with a lion on it... shortly afterwards.

Up till the recent xmen!.. whoops... but this time around at the Ikeja City Mall.

For the love of entertainment, I pray you over come this, Nigeria is damn too stressful, I repeat damn too stressful for me not to have a cinema experience...

Another reason..

2 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Toofan007: 10:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
maestroferddi:
You see the problem?

You are probably an adult but your mental age cannot possibly be older than five years.

So because Murray Bruce has not told you or your village chief that he is being witch-hunted that means that he is comfortable with the kamikaze action of AMCON propelled by Buhari's infamous vindictiveness?

When you grow the sense of a teenager, notify me to see whether I can touch base with you in some form of critical thinking...
please what is the purpose of AMCON? Is silver bird owing? yes! has it been able to pay? no! so they should have left him alone because he's Ben Bruce? Seriously?

4 Likes

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by hundredhundred: 10:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
StOla:

I can never pity that loudmouthed fake guy, he was mocking Osun people and Aregbesola, taunting them on twitter. Karma is real.

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by hotwax: 10:43pm On Jun 23, 2016
maestroferddi:
You see the problem?

Well face front...
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Charles4075(m): 10:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
martineverest:
g
g for Goat abi?cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by maestroferddi: 10:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
Toofan007:
please what is the purpose of AMCON? Is silver bird owing? yes! has it been able to pay? no! so they should have left him alone because he's Ben Bruce? Seriously?
The long and short of the whole thing is that AMCON's action reeks of political undertone.

In any case the loan is probably secured with a legal mortgage of properties belonging to the Murray-Bruces. If you know anything about banking loans, you would have known that this cheap showiness/flourish is hardly necessary...
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by hundredhundred: 10:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
[s]
maestroferddi:

We are watching.
[/s]

Carry your tears comot here jor, same PDP paid agent that was screaming PDP till 2019 last year and hurriedly switched to biafra when his paymaster was defeated. What has Buhari got to do with Amcon and debt servicing. Sore loser

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by hundredhundred: 10:57pm On Jun 23, 2016
hotwax:

Are you born slave?

The loser is always pained and blaming Buhari for all his family problems. Ben bruce is not complaining but the jobless sorr losers are the one crying more than the bereaved.

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by Dasini: 11:03pm On Jun 23, 2016
It is sad the way youths of today react or give opinion about issues. Someone entered an agreement since 2005, with well written document of how he intends to meet his financial obligation. Only to default along the way. How does this concern Buhari? why wud you expect a financial institution with millions of shareholders fund to now forget the fund, because bruce is superhuman. It is irrational and very bizzare. An average nigerian that goes to get LAPO loans goes through unimaginable experience and dishumanisation. So someone who got chunk of the fund that puts a bank in a sick situation shud walk ard bcs he I'd is superhume. Plese leave baba out

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by mindtricks: 11:03pm On Jun 23, 2016
babadee1:

Excellent comment I totally agree with you on this. You really made common sense.

Finally success @ silencing Bruce. Who knows the politicking behind all this?
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by prof800(m): 11:12pm On Jun 23, 2016
I just hope this not a victimization. Na only them dey owe money ni..? What of other polithiefians.?
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by viktuur(m): 11:13pm On Jun 23, 2016
Bros what most of you dont know is this, there are issues between the brothers on The galleria, infact Bruce handed over the day-to-day running years back,did you see him sign the documents?
the loan in question was for the building and the building itself the collateral NOT the Silverbird brand.
I know they own ozone cinema and the franchise to the many other cinemas in around e.t.c.
They own the major Film distribution licence for West Africa, the radio and TV stations and licences are not affected, that is why they were never situated in the galleria. The cost of the galleria is draining so they 'hedge' the risk.....and T
Boss13:

What is the business acumen, when you cannot service your debt and you are currently going under Administration? A savvy businessman knows how to match his funding needs. Even when forecasting goes against you, a savvy business understands that he needs to hedge his risk.

Do you know what this means to their reputation? I bet their father would be turning in his grave.
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by doovers(m): 11:24pm On Jun 23, 2016
damola1:
i no get TV for house o.. me I wan watch film o!!!!

I saw my first movie there, can't forget it.. Chronicles of Narnia, it's magical.... God bless you and bruce family for giving such an excellent opportunity to experience beauty.. this was I think 2005... when the cinemas was first opened

Can't forget aslan.. the lion, bought a rug with a lion on it... shortly afterwards.

Up till the recent xmen!.. whoops... but this time around at the Ikeja City Mall.

For the love of entertainment, I pray you over come this, Nigeria is damn too stressful, I repeat damn too stressful for me not to have a cinema experience...

Another reason..

Me sef cry back then in 2006 nanny Mcfee
pray they bounce back asap
Re: AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird by nairamaniac: 11:46pm On Jun 23, 2016
izzou:

Hahahahahahahahaha

This your writeup dey funny

But i agree with you

The Bruce family are not agitating. It means AMCON are not wrong.

Times are hard and i really feel for them but i think the takeover could have been done without bruising the image of silverbird

Anyway Genesis cinema still dey sha

Hope dem no borrow sef
I have it on good account that genesis is even oweing much more. Their loan loan palava big pass this one. I'm surprised silverbird went down before genesis.
I really feel for businesses in Nigeria. If such a big company can go down, what hope do we have that want to go up?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 / Lagos Gubernatorial Elections Collation Updates / Do You Agree With This Presidential Election Prediction By The Nation Newspaper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.