Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,654 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened (21198 Views)

Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON / AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird / Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 24, 2016
tonio2wo:

Very good! Then why is this case all over if its not to tarnish the common sense campaign. They dont ave anything against bruce so this is the best they can come up with.
The case is not over. When a company is in receivership, it continues to function under the management of the Receiver. The Receiver in this case could have opened after taking stock. There is no politics here for now. My surprise is that the Murray-Bruce brothers were not able to service their loans. These are smart, we'll educated urbane Nigerians who should ordinarily have no problems running business of this nature.
Re: AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened by gare(f): 9:55am On Jun 24, 2016
agabusta:
I passed in front of the place around 2pm and it was still locked with fierce looking mobile policemen roaming about.

Amcon has also put dirty inscriptions on the walls of the building all around indicating a takeover.

I just pity those who rented business outlets at the galleria. Their loss yesterday was not nice at all in view of the exorbitant amount they pay as rent.

If indeed Amcon reopened the place later yesterday, I'm sure its chiefly because of other business concerns using the place.

That's not how take overs are done you don't close the biz, you don't stop the biz, what happens is that AMCON will be the one taking charge of the biz a until the loan is paid back that is all, biz will still continue, but all payments will be made to AMCON, and if they need to inject more funds to make it more profit viable they will do so.
Re: AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened by viczeey(m): 10:12am On Jun 24, 2016
Ref: Appointed Muiz Banire as the receiver/manager of the companies, following an alleged failure to meet up loan obligations with Union Bank of Nigeria.
Banire is also the legal adviser of the ruling political party in Nigeria, the All Progressives Congress, APC.
Since Banire is legal adviser to APC they will always look 4 means to tournament him
Re: AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened by agabusta: 10:26am On Jun 24, 2016
gare:

That's not how take overs are done you don't close the biz, you don't stop the biz, what happens is that AMCON will be the one taking charge of the biz a until the loan is paid back that is all, biz will still continue, but all payments will be made to AMCON, and if they need to inject more funds to make it more profit viable they will do so.

How will Amcon take over if they dont first assert their authority over the place??

Do you think take over is a tea party?? They will just stroll in and all the managers in the company, all the tenants in the building will just start handing over to them??

Take over of assets following a court order is not that easy, eventhough it is backed by valid court orders. It is usually a show of force. Even when it is between individuals, families, etc.
Re: AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened by Ngokafor(f): 10:29am On Jun 24, 2016
driveiwe:
Am amazed at the manner of some NL who jubilate over this company's predicament, even if u hate BMB wat about the lots of staffs he has, a frnd works with him, but feeds others from its pay.why hating? ?? wen u can't even manage ur recharge card selling shop.

....Dont mind the iddiotic wimps....that is the devilish apc zombies we are unfortunate to share the same country with..

..Tomorrow the lousy brats will be crying about no jobs...Disgusting and pathetic set of losers.

..Nonsense
Re: AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened by gare(f): 10:29am On Jun 24, 2016
agabusta:

How will Amcon take over if they dont first assert their authority over the place??

Do you think take over is a tea party?? They will just stroll in and all the managers in the company, all the tenants in the building will just start handing over to them??

Take over of assets following a court order is not that easy, eventhough it is backed by valid court orders. It is usually a show of force. Even when it is between individuals, families, etc.

Well you are right, but I don't see the Bruce fighting for this, the loan it's long over due, they have accept things the way the see it .
Re: AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened by Etinosajay(m): 10:53am On Jun 24, 2016
agabusta:

Why are u mixing issues. Who talked about closing a company??

Amcon is taking over the properties (assets) of the company because of loan default.

Kindly note that taking over assets is not same as closing the company.

What Amcon is after is her funds. Not that they are trying to punish the company.

If the company resumes paying back what they owe, they can approach the court to reconsider the take over order.

I think you're the one who doesn't understand what you are saying.

It may help you to read and properly understand what's going on before claiming and counter claiming.

Please read the court order and then read your own previous comment, and tell me who's mixing up issues.

I know you're angry because I corrected you.
Re: AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened by agabusta: 11:00am On Jun 24, 2016
Etinosajay:

I think you're the one who doesn't understand what you are saying.

It may help you to read and properly understand what's going on before claiming and counter claiming.

Please read the court order and then read your own previous comment, and tell me who's mixing up issues.

You definitely do not understand the difference between a 'take over'and 'closing a company'. Go and educate yourself on that first abeg. For the records, you are the first to use the phrase 'close down the company'.
Re: AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened by Etinosajay(m): 11:21am On Jun 24, 2016
agabusta:

You definitely do not understand the difference between a 'take over'and 'closing a company'. Go and educate yourself on that first abeg. For the records, you are the first to use the phrase 'close down the company'.

May I suggest that henceforth you use words you know the meaning?

You opined that AMCON may have re-opened the building for sake of other occupants.

Re-opened
suggest it was first closed down, and further to tha, if not in consideration of other building occupants, it may remain closed down.

Do you not know what words mean by inference?

Are you by any means suggesting that the mandate of AMCON is to seize silverbird assets until they pay their debts, albeit indefinitely, if need be?

I have a feeling you don't like to be corrected
Re: AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened by kay29000(m): 11:23am On Jun 24, 2016
WebSurfer:
shebi you dey among one of the billionaires with non-performing loans?

Help me ask the guy o!

1 Like

Re: AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened by perfectgen(m): 11:48am On Jun 24, 2016
thelegend1:
This takeover has political undertones... There are other billionaires with non performing loans in this same naija

I agree you may be right but do you think that is right. Between 2007 and 2010, some of us who invested heavily in the financial sector lost most of our monies running into millions, due to businessmen and politicians borrowing and not paying back their debt yet living larger than live while we, the investors count our loss.
What is being done in AMCON is the responsibility of any sane government so don't start mentioning political undertone here. Lest I forget, can you mention irrefutably, one businessman who has non- performing loan, still living large yet his company has not been taken over by AMCON?
Re: AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened by agabusta: 11:59am On Jun 24, 2016
Etinosajay:

May I suggest that henceforth you use words you know the meaning?

You opined that AMCON may have re-opened the building for sake of other occupants.

Re-opened
suggest it was first closed down, and further to tha, if not in consideration of other building occupants, it may remain closed down.

Do you not know what words mean by inference?

Are you by any means suggesting that the mandate of AMCON is to seize silverbird assets until they pay their debts, albeit indefinitely, if need be?

I have a feeling you don't like to be corrected

Why are you confusing yourself??

Dont you know the difference between building and company??

I said the building was locked. you then came to say this

AMCON will not close down any company until the debtor pays. That's now how the law empowers them to operate.

Did I ever say anything iike ''the company has been closed down?? Is it not you that introduced that? Does locking a building seem same thing as closing a company??

It is actually you that do not like to be corrected. And it is obvious you lack comprehension skills and right usage of words.
Re: AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened by Etinosajay(m): 12:25pm On Jun 24, 2016
agabusta:

Why are you confusing yourself??

Dont you know the difference between building and company??

I said the building was locked. you then came to say this

Did I ever say anything iike ''the company has been closed down?? Is it not you that introduced that? Does locking a building seem same thing as closing a company??

It is actually you that do not like to be corrected. And it is obvious you lack comprehension skills and right usage of words.

That's it right there.

The company in the eyes of the law is represented by its articles of incorporation filed with CAC and domiciled in a piece of paper.

The building is the company in physical, visible to the general public, that is why physical addresses are always stated on business cards and company articles. that is why two things happened yesterday.

1. The company managers were made to sign off in compliance with the court order.

2. The building was sealed as a way of effecting the order of court.

Somehow I don't expect you to understand that. Not every one was manufactured with an IQ to be envied.

I did suggest previously that you should use only words you know the meaning.

It's not a bad thing to debate, but I'm not sure why you want to be wrong and wrong at the same time.

BTW I still have the feeling, you completely hate corrections.
Re: AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened by agabusta: 12:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
Etinosajay:

That's it right there.

The company in the eyes of the law is represented by its articles of incorporation filed with CAC and domiciled in a piece of paper.

The building is the company in physical, visible to the general public, that is why physical addresses are always stated on business cards and company articles. that is why two things happened yesterday.

1. The company managers were made to sign off in compliance with the court order.

2. The building was sealed as a way of effecting the order of court.

Somehow I don't expect you to understand that. Not every one was manufactured with an IQ to be envied.

I did suggest previously that you should use only words you know the meaning.

It's not a bad thing to debate, but I'm not sure why you want to be wrong and wrong at the same time.

Oga keep quiet. Your low IQ was obvious from your initial responses. Not what you just went to look up on the internet to sound intelligent.
Re: AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened by Etinosajay(m): 12:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
agabusta:

Oga keep quiet. Your low IQ was obvious from your initial responses. Not what you just went to look up on the internet to sound intelligent.

See another clue up there in bold.

I just knew you hate corrections. Reason?

You would have looked it up on the internet, but you didn't.

Everyone strives to be intelligent, but you seem to want the opposite

Baffles me
Re: AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened by louqas: 12:53pm On Jun 24, 2016
driveiwe:
Am amazed at the manner of some NL who jubilate over this company's predicament, even if u hate BMB wat about the lots of staffs he has, a frnd works with him, but feeds others from its pay.why hating? ?? wen u can't even manage ur recharge card selling shop.

You are amazed now because it's one of your own people . Is that not how you guys jubilate over misfortunes of APC and Buhari? Hypocrite . She you all wish the country bad because your hero lost election , what goes around come around. Let bmb pay his loan instead of ranting in Twitter, the money used to grant him loan consist of poor peoples savings which he has been using to form big man all this while

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu North West Ambassador Advocates Power Shift, Backs Tinubu / Why President Buhari Did Not Want Governors To Visit Him In London / "You Are Scum" - Lauretta Onochie Lampoons Ozekhome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.