Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? (1883 Views)

Why Do Guys Have difficulties Saying This To Girls. / I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend / Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by BrightForYou(m): 7:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hello my great Nairalanders. Please what would you do if you find yourself in this situation? You are a man and a muslim,and you want to marry a christian lady but her parents especially her mum is saying "no way". Please ladies and gents,what do you suggest the lovers do? Thank you.
Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by madridguy(m): 7:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
Since the RED light is from her mum, I will honorably quit the relationship.

My opinion though.
Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by Greene66: 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
Religion is for fools.
Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by donbenedict(m): 7:39pm On Jun 24, 2016
Before I comment, let me ask myself whether I shall give my daughter to a Muslim for marriage

Ok, hmm.. I really just don't knw what to say..

Ok back to the topic... grin

If I were the Man and the parents don't want me to marry the lady, I will respect their wishes and leave.
Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by crazymommy(f): 7:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
Forget whatever you watch on Hollywood about love or what you think about love,only love cannot make a marriage successful...if her parents do not want her to marry you because of the religious difference please just respect that decision and walk away.if you go dey form love and still go ahead to marry her despite the fact that her mother is saying NO trust me in the future u will regret making the decision of marrying her..a broken relationship is better than ...complete the sentence yourself...

3 Likes

Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by crazymommy(f): 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2016
Greene66:
Religion is for fools.

Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
Well, you can always convert to Christianity...

1 Like

Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by Brightgem(f): 7:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
Religious difference is just too major, If its tribal its negligible u can work around it, but religion... its hard for it to work in reality. We do walk away from some love atimes for the greater good, even when we sure that person was or is wonderful. #beentheredonethat
Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by Boring: 8:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
1.depending on the part of the country u at..

2. if u have ego(money) then it do the talking...bullshitt walks..

3. love
Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by obiorathesubtle: 8:20pm On Jun 24, 2016
Convert to christianity, marry her, convert back to islam... NEXT!!!

2 Likes

Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
They should quit the relationship...

Her mother doesn't want grandkids who would grow up to be muslims....

Same way Islam condemns marriage between a Christian male and a Muslim female simply b'cos it doesn't want grandkids who would grow up to be christians..... Funny how it embraces marriage between Muslim male and Christian female.. smh..

2 Likes

Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by sinaj(f): 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
crazymommy:
Forget whatever you watch on Hollywood about love or what you think about love,only love cannot make a marriage successful...if her parents do not want her to marry you because of the religious difference please just respect that decision and walk away.if you go dey form love and still go ahead to marry her despite the fact that her mother is saying NO trust me in the future u will regret making the decision of marrying her..a broken relationship is better than ...complete the sentence yourself...

But seriously people do change,

rules can also b bent to suit d situation.

If u meet a nice guy nd fall in love wit him, is it religion that will hinder ur happiness?

Wot if u make a mistake by letting him go.

Wen my aunt wnted to get married, my grandparents had issues with d guy coz of reasons best known to them.

To cut d story, they got marid against my grandparents wish.
It's 4yrs nw nd d reltnshp is still healthy.
Nd her hubby is nw getting along with my grandparents nw, I just wana let u knw dat people change over time.

Talking abt religion, you not getting married to religion but the person.
Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by crazymommy(f): 9:17pm On Jun 24, 2016
sinaj:

But seriously people do change,

rules can also b bent to suit d situation.

If u meet a nice guy nd fall in love wit him, is it religion that will hinder ur happiness?

Wot if u make a mistake by letting him go.

Wen my aunt wnted to get married, my grandparents had issues with d guy coz of reasons best known to them.

To cut d story, they got marid against my grandparents wish.
It's 4yrs nw nd d reltnshp is still healthy.
Nd her hubby is nw getting along with my grandparents nw, I just wana let u knw dat people change over time.

Talking abt religion, you not getting married to religion but the person.
Your opinion..
Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by sinaj(f): 2:05am On Jun 25, 2016
crazymommy:
Your opinion..
yea mine
Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by mikki123(m): 7:39am On Jun 25, 2016
If my daughter come to me with such proposal "I want to marry a Muslim" I w disown her. Because she's either a bastard or an idiot
Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by babyfaceafrica: 8:25am On Jun 25, 2016
Yes...its a trivalissue..except both of you are not serious?...who is getting married,your parents or you guys?...marriage is more than religion
Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 25, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Yes...its a trivalissue..except both of you are not serious?...who is getting married,your parents or you guys?...marriage is more than religion

Allow your christian brother to propose to a muslim girl, then you'll know if marriage is really more than religion grin
Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by babyfaceafrica: 9:12am On Jun 25, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Allow your christian brother to propose to a muslim girl, then you'll know if marriage is really more than religion grin
people of different faith and religion marry every weekend ,you need to see it...no big deal....its all one God
Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 25, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
people of different faith and religion marry every weekend ,you need to see it...no big deal....its all one God

Ok, i see you dont really understand what i meant.... People of different religion marry everyday, no doubt but the quran is against marriage between a Male non-believer and a Female believer... sorry to burst your bubble this offence is punishable by death..... most times, those who go against this rule run to places where their security is guaranteed..
Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by babyfaceafrica: 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Ok, i see you dont really understand what i meant.... People of different religion marry everyday, no doubt but the quran is against marriage between a Male non-believer and a Female believer... sorry to burst your bubble this offence is punishable by death..... most times, those who go against this rule run to places where their security is guaranteed..
scam...so those muslims that christain ko?...how many have u seen put to death?...tinubu married a stauch christain,fashola wife is a christain..so why were they not killed?...what you say happen in archaic regions..the world has passed that stage!!!
Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by omonighoblessing(f): 1:28pm On Jun 25, 2016
my bible tells me.... "be not equally yoked with an unbeliever " I guess this tells a lot if u understand.

1 Like

Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 25, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
scam...so those muslims that christain ko?...how many have u seen put to death?...tinubu married a stauch christain,fashola wife is a christain..so why were they not killed?...what you say happen in archaic regions..the world has passed that stage!!!

You still misunderstanding it, Islam supports marriage between a Muslim male and a Christian female ( children def grow up to be muslims) but condemns the one between a Christian male and Muslim female ( children def grow to be christians) ..... See the difference
Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by babyfaceafrica: 2:07pm On Jun 25, 2016
GloryIsaac:

You still misunderstanding it, Islam supports marriage between a Muslim male and a Christian female ( children def grow up to be muslims) but condemns the one between a Christian male and Muslim female ( children def grow to be christians) ..... See the difference
yimu...who. Told you children grow up to become muslims....stop generalizing....this is 2016..nobody forces religion on children nowadays...well where I am ..some of tinubus sons are xtains,also mimiko and tinubu...oga do your research well...its only a foolish family that will not allow their child get married due to religion
Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by BrightForYou(m): 1:07pm On Jun 26, 2016
Thanks my wonderful Nairalanders for your advices and opinions! God bless you all. One luv
Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by nezer83: 2:18pm On Jun 26, 2016
babyfaceafrica:

I disagree with u that "Marriage is more than religion" except u r of the "free thinkers" u cannot separate marriage from religion. There has to be an agreement.
To the OP, if the mother says NO, and can't be pacified, it's better u let go and find Love somewhere else. Love is a function of ur mind, so I believe.
Re: Can A Muslim Marry A Christian Without Encountering Difficulties? by babyfaceafrica: 2:24pm On Jun 26, 2016
nezer83:

I disagree with u that "Marriage is more than religion" except u r of the "free thinkers" u cannot separate marriage from religion. There has to be an agreement.
To the OP, if the mother says NO, and can't be pacified, it's better u let go and find Love somewhere else. Love is a function of ur mind, so I believe.
so because the mom says no..he should forget his love and marry karachika?..when divorce comes now..na una go dey blame am!!.....religion and marriage should be separate,this life is too short to make the mistake of marrying someone because of their religious affinity.....we should all aspire to be better men and women and leave this trival issure alone....on the last day...God will not ask you for ur church,mosque or shrine...the works of your hand will determine your salvation

(1) (Reply)

5 Easy Ways To OVER Satisfy Your Lady In Bed & In Relationship / Am Not Angry / Dnt Call Me Again.... Will Call U Weneva I Want To! - Fiance Fiance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.