Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Fayose's Zenith Bank Defence Is Shallow: Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose's Zenith Bank Defence Is Shallow: Falana (768 Views)

EFCC Re-freezes Governor Fayose's Zenith Bank Accounts / Fayose: Zenith Bank Officials Kneeling To Beg / Fayose's Zenith Bank Account Frozen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose's Zenith Bank Defence Is Shallow: Falana by maupe: 8:35pm On Jun 24, 2016
Human rights lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana (SAN) has
reacted to the defence by the Ekiti State
Governor, Mr. Ayo Fayose, that his 2014
governorship election was sponsored by Zenith
Bank Plc describing it as shallow and a heinous
crime for which he is liable to be prosecuted.
Mr. Falana in a press statement on Friday said the
alleged funding of Fayose's election contravenes
the Electoral Act and the Money Laundering Act.
Below is the full text of the statement:
Fayose's shallow defence

Yesterday, the Ekiti state governor, Mr. Ayo
Fayose discovered that he could not invoke the
immunity conferred on him by section 308 of the
Constitution to stop the EFCC from investigating
the criminal diversion of N1.2 billion which has
been traced to his account. In denying the
serious allegation made by the Economic and
Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to the effect
that the stolen fund emanated from the Office of
the National Security Adviser Mr. Fayose has said
that it was contributed to his campaign fund by
Zenith Bank Plc and some unnamed friends. In
his characteristic loquacious manner the governor
has threatened to name other people who also
contributed to his political campaign.
In a sharp denial of Mr. Fayose's allegation, the
management of Zenith Bank Pls disclosed that
when the money was paid into the account it was
reported to the relevant financial regulatory
authorities in line with the provisions of the
Laundering Act 2011 (as amended). In a
desperate move to ward off the allegations, the
embattled governor appears to have resolved not
to go down alone. To divert attention from the
heinous crime of the diversion of public fund Mr.
Fayose is likely to carry out his threat of
implicating some people who allegedly fund his
governorship election.
However, assuming without conceding that the
bulk of the fund spent on his campaign was
donated by Zenith Bank Plc the governor has
unwittingly justified the investigation and freezing
of his account by the EFCC. He has also confirmed
that the humongous sum of money was
transported from Abuja to Akure in contravention
of the Money Laundering Act. By his utterances,
Mr. Fayose is simply saying that the management
of Zenith bank stole depositors' money and
laundered it to fund his political campaign
contrary to section 90 of the Electoral Act, 2010
as amended. On the basis of his own confessional
statement, Governor Fayose and the
management of the bank are liable to be
prosecuted for electoral fraud, money laundering
and criminal diversion of depositors' fund to the
tune of N1.2 billion. Therefore, the decision of the
EFCC to freeze Mr. Fayose's account is perfectly in
order.
www.saharareporters.com/2016/06/24/fayoses-defence-shallow-says-falana
Re: Fayose's Zenith Bank Defence Is Shallow: Falana by HungerBAD: 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
Falana on point.

The impeachment will come. All incriminating evidences against him are being gathered, and that includes his running mouth and this open confession.

Fayose,I predict will not finish his tenure and he will also spend a long time in Jail.

This man is an embarrassment to our political institution. Does this Fayose not have a wife?I am certain my woman will advice me to take it easy if I talk like a parrot.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose's Zenith Bank Defence Is Shallow: Falana by wowmenow: 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
Falana you are disgrace to law profession the man is neither here or there

You will never govern ekiti state

Long live my gomina fayose

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Zenith Bank Defence Is Shallow: Falana by dunkem21(m): 8:47pm On Jun 24, 2016
grin Who takes Falana serious undecided

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Zenith Bank Defence Is Shallow: Falana by DaBullIT(m): 8:49pm On Jun 24, 2016
I do not like falana , but i think he's unto something

people are already protesting for Fayose's impeachment , looks like rice and ponmo, mama put and akara frying also has expiry date

2 Likes

Re: Fayose's Zenith Bank Defence Is Shallow: Falana by OLADD: 9:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
DaBullIT:
I do not like falana , but i think he's unto something

people are already protesting for Fayose's impeachment , looks like rice and ponmo, mama put and akara frying also has expiry date

Anybody that thinks unseating two governors and demistfying APC's conspiracies in Ekiti by Fayose was no mean feat, then such person needs mental check. Thousands of Falana and even Buhari can't impeach Fayose in Ekiti. All they're doing is just wild goose chase.

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Zenith Bank Defence Is Shallow: Falana by DaBullIT(m): 10:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
I will bookmark your comment and when Fayose is impeached, i will remind you

OLADD:

Anybody that thinks unseating two governors and demistfying APC's conspiracies in Ekiti by Fayose was no mean feat, then such person needs mental check. Thousands of Falana and even Buhari can't impeach Fayose in Ekiti. All they're doing is just wild goose chase.
Re: Fayose's Zenith Bank Defence Is Shallow: Falana by pedel: 11:18pm On Jun 24, 2016
One leadership lesson that is evident in Fayose's case is that he lacks focus. He was elected to govern Ekiti state but he moved into national politics. He is trying to make himself the leader of PDP in southwest; the position he has no capacity to occupy. Leadership is essentially by influence not positional.
He was busy using rechargeable lamp to check PMB's Fulani ass not knowing that EFCC is going to use metal hilide HPS flood light to search his ponmo cutting ass.
Focus is the key. I never heard Aregbesola saying rubbish being the most clueless of all the 36 of them. He was busy with is multi billion Naira opon-IMO and school uniform project until he bankrupted Osun.

Re: Fayose's Zenith Bank Defence Is Shallow: Falana by FagsamPHP(m): 11:30pm On Jun 24, 2016
Falana yi sha! Disgrace

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Avengers Taunt President Buhari, Tell Him To Go Visit Oil Wells / Open Letter To Gov Yahaya Bello Of Kogi State / Tribunal Dismisses Sylva’s Petition Against Dickson’s Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.