Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,042 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

MOSOP Commences Mass Action Against Resumption Of Oil Production In Ogoni - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MOSOP Commences Mass Action Against Resumption Of Oil Production In Ogoni (1000 Views)

Fuel Crisis: Nigeria Labour Congress Hails Senate, Threatens Mass Action / President Buhari's Letter To National Assembly On Resumption Of Office(Pictured) / Wike, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amina In Ogoni For The Launch Of Clean-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MOSOP Commences Mass Action Against Resumption Of Oil Production In Ogoni by yenboy(m): 1:44am On Jun 25, 2016
MOSOP through its youth wing, the National Youth Council of the Ogoni People (NYCOP) today commenced direct mass action against immediate resumption of oil extraction in Ogoniland to drum up her opposition to the vexatious oil resumption pursuit.

NYCOP peacefully and non-violently protested at the premises of Novotel hotel in Port Harcourt where the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company Limited (NPDC) and its Ogoni collaborators attempted to hold a fake workshop, which objective was geared towards brain-washing and bribing uninformed Ogonis to support their devious plan. The youths barricaded the entrance to the hotel and prevented vehicles and visitors from entering or leaving the hotel.

They sang songs hailing the majority position supporting implementation of the UNEP report on Ogoniland and as well rained opposition against moves to resume oil extraction in the community.

They also carried placards some of which read: “NPDC, Ogoni vultures leave Ogoni oil in the ground”, “No to oil production in Ogoni now, we want our environment re-mediated and restored”, “NPDC, if we die you are responsible” and “Ogoni oil is not for sale.”

Speaking to the press, the president of NYCOP and leader of the demonstrators, Dr. Young Nkpah said:

“The activities of NPDC in Ogoni is aimed at creating division that would occasion avoidable crisis in the region. When we are talking about revival of our hydrocarbon polluted environment, they are canvassing for commencement of oil production now in Ogoni, a matter that had caused the death of a generation of the Ogoni leadership including sung and unsung Ogoni citizens. If this is not the case, how would one explain the situation where the federal government as flagged-off implementation of the Ogoni environmental rejuvenation exercise and the corporation is on the other hand luring gullible Ogonis to sanction its intent of resuming oil production in Ogoni now?.

He warned NPDC and her Ogoni collaborators to stay away from the community as the Ogoni people would resist them even with the last drop of our blood. He emphasized that they will continue the protests until justice is achieved”.

“It is disappointing the level of involvement of local politicians belonging to one of the dominant political parties in the area. We are concerned that these politicians have always ganged up against the collective interest of our people.

Evidence abound that these political actors and their cronies have openly denounced and fought against the legitimate, just and credible struggle for justice of the Ogoni people but would now want to reap from where they did not sow or what they hate”.

“We therefore call on the federal government and all men of goodwill and justice to prevail on NPDC to stop forthwith its attempts to cause trouble in Ogoni”.

http://www.innocentiruka.com/news/mosop-commences-mass-action-resumption-oil-production-ogoni/
Re: MOSOP Commences Mass Action Against Resumption Of Oil Production In Ogoni by Fairytales: 2:18am On Jun 25, 2016
Ok
Re: MOSOP Commences Mass Action Against Resumption Of Oil Production In Ogoni by NavierStokes(m): 4:39am On Jun 25, 2016
Government has "cleaned-up" via mouth action and eager to get back to business as usual (production).
When we said the whole clean-up has been a sham arrangement and plot to get back to oil production, some people will want to argue on what they have no inkling about.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MOSOP Commences Mass Action Against Resumption Of Oil Production In Ogoni by jesse8048(m): 5:26am On Jun 25, 2016
Funny nation.
Re: MOSOP Commences Mass Action Against Resumption Of Oil Production In Ogoni by Achuwa1(m): 6:24am On Jun 25, 2016
Apc+Lies+scam=buhari.
i knew it when they were busy rushing to implement UNEP report on ogoni clean up,when they never had their own part of the money to kickstart it & are even borrowing to pay salary.
my dear ogoni brothers,buhari only deceived u guys with tht coz what u ppl are seeing now is their secret plans but God will not let tht happen.
Buhari should go & drill crude at lake chad basin to fund his NORTH EAST DEVELOPEMENT COMMISSION coz there is no more free oil for him in ss/se .
i guess bombing may state soon after the long break coz its zero oil production or implementation of National confab.
The ball is in Buharis court.

3 Likes

Re: MOSOP Commences Mass Action Against Resumption Of Oil Production In Ogoni by babyfaceafrica: 7:29am On Jun 25, 2016
Your source no gud
Re: MOSOP Commences Mass Action Against Resumption Of Oil Production In Ogoni by predear(m): 7:53am On Jun 25, 2016
Apc has always been scammers. Believing anytin from apc is believing dat D devil is good.
Re: MOSOP Commences Mass Action Against Resumption Of Oil Production In Ogoni by ashjay001(m): 8:01am On Jun 25, 2016
NavierStokes:
Government has "cleaned-up" via mouth action and eager to get back to business as usual (production).
When we said the whole clean-up has been a sham arrangement and plot to get back to oil production, some people will want to argue on what they have no inkling about.

Learn to read btw d lines! After d 1st up-roar, av u heard anyone come out to label it a sham? In d entire statement above, did he label it a sham?

These goes to show that things are still moving in d right direction, u shouldn't need a news site to come and spoonfeed u!

D govt might be slow, but things will happen! U will, God willing, hear and see it! Ur unbelief won't change it!
Re: MOSOP Commences Mass Action Against Resumption Of Oil Production In Ogoni by NavierStokes(m): 8:10am On Jun 25, 2016
ashjay001:

Learn to read btw d lines! After d 1st up-roar, av u heard anyone come out to label it a sham? In d entire statement above, did he label it a sham?

These goes to show that things are still moving in d right direction, u shouldn't need a news site to come and spoonfeed u!

D govt might be slow, but things will happen! U will, God willing, hear and see it! Ur unbelief won't change it!

Implement what? With which money? Where's the plan for 1 billion USD within 5 years, what's the plan? If you have any knowledge of inner workings of the parties involved as regards finance you will understand that there is no way the government through NNPC will be releasing 550million USD for ogoni cleanup at this time.
I have explained this severally from the first thread on Ogoni cleanup when this administration came on board and even to my ogoni friends outside nairaland, I wonder why they still seem surprised with what is playing out.

So why don't the government do something concrete before NPDC rushes to resume oil production in ogoni.

If that's not deceit my friend, then what is it?

1 Like

Re: MOSOP Commences Mass Action Against Resumption Of Oil Production In Ogoni by Izonpikin: 8:17am On Jun 25, 2016
Scam...All they want is the oil...scam
Re: MOSOP Commences Mass Action Against Resumption Of Oil Production In Ogoni by ashjay001(m): 8:53am On Jun 25, 2016
NavierStokes:

Implement what? With which money? Where's the plan for 1 billion USD within 5 years, what's the plan? If you have any knowledge of inner workings of the parties involved as regards finance you will understand that there is no way the government through NNPC will be releasing 550million USD for ogoni cleanup at this time.
I have explained this severally from the first thread on Ogoni cleanup when this administration came on board and even to my ogoni friends outside nairaland, I wonder why they still seem surprised with what is playing out.

So why don't the government do something concrete before NPDC rushes to resume oil production in ogoni.

If that's not deceit my friend, then what is it?

Bros, I don't av any inner info, I read btw d lines.

NNPC has been selling PMS at a profit for so long. We have just a shortfall of less than 500m barrels of crude for d past month, inspite of all d bombings. Recovery of looted funds. Reduced corruption in MDAs'(tsa). Increase in crude prices($49/barrel).

This govt coffers is swelling. I'm expecting serious movement in d economy.
Re: MOSOP Commences Mass Action Against Resumption Of Oil Production In Ogoni by NavierStokes(m): 9:52am On Jun 25, 2016
ashjay001:

Bros, I don't av any inner info, I read btw d lines.

NNPC has been selling PMS at a profit for so long. We have just a shortfall of less than 500m barrels of crude for d past month, inspite of all d bombings. Recovery of looted funds. Reduced corruption in MDAs'(tsa). Increase in crude prices($49/barrel).

This govt coffers is swelling. I'm expecting serious movement in d economy.

A govt that is struggling with huge deficits in her budget will now set aside 550million usd for ogoni cleanup alone. Where is the law backing this exercise? How much is the budget of the ministry of environment?
There was a reason the previous administration did not commence with the exercise up till the time they left government. You claim to have no knowledge of the inner workings, please find a small space in your mind to reason with those who ask the pertinent questions.

(1) (Reply)

Loading Of Organised Protest By Fayose / Nnamdi Kanu Interview On Biafra Independence / ISIS Releases Video Of Nigerian Suicide Bombers In Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.