Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff (13514 Views)

Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" / Fayose Accuses INEC Of Working For APC In Ondo Election / Tinubu Withdraws Financial Support For APC - Naij.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by kahal29: 5:22am On Jun 25, 2016
There seems to be no let-up in the leadership crisis rocking the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) as the combatants continue to dig deeper into the trenches.

The party’s embattled National Chairman; Alhaji Ali Modu Sheriff Friday accused the Chairman of the PDP caretaker committee, Senator Ahmed Makarfi and Secretary of the committee, Senator Ben Obi of working for a prominent chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Speaking at a media briefing in Abuja, Sheriff said the unnamed APC chieftain has been sponsoring Makarfi and Obi have been paying secret visits to the said APC chieftain.

Makarfi and his committee have continued to insist that Sheriff was being sponsored by the APC for the purpose of destroying the PDP.

But Sheriff retorted, “If there are people in the PDP working for the APC, it’s Makarfi and Obi. Makarfi should not force me to reveal details that I should not reveal under normal circumstances.

“Makarfi and Obi have gone to visit this APC chieftain in his house twice and this particular individual is still in the APC. It would have been better if the man had left the APC to join the PDP.

“They are reserving the 2019 presidential ticket of the PDP for this individual who has been funding their activities. If Makarfi continues to attack my person, I will be forced to reveal further details of their alliance.

“Everybody in Nigeria knows this particular APC chieftain who wants to contest for president in 2019 on the platform of the PDP. So Makarfi should just shut up”.

Sheriff had, earlier in the day, received a delegation of PDP chieftains from Plateau state who came to declare support for his leadership.

The leader of the delegation, Dr. Haruna Dabin said the delegation decided to support Sheriff because he is the only one that can stop the culture of impunity in the PDP.

Dabin said, “We have decided to stand with Sheriff on the path of truth and the rule of law. We are confident in his ability to heal the wounds in our party”

The Plateau PDP chief said his group was short-hanged during the last congress held in the state, adding that winners in the congress were handpicked and imposed on the chapter.

Responding, Sheriff assured them that the congress in Plateau would be revisited, with the view to correcting the mistakes of the past.

“You cannot put nothing on nothing, so I will never associate myself with what is not right. I will make sure that PDP lives up to its name. So I will work hard to ensure that the right people are elected in Plateau and other states through fresh congresses.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/makarfi-obi-working-apc-chieftain-sheriff/

1 Like

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by kahal29: 5:23am On Jun 25, 2016
Who can this APC chieftain be?

1 Like

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by Nobody: 5:29am On Jun 25, 2016
We all know that Atiku is the brain behind the scene and Chief Ben Obi is his "mannest" man till tomorrow.

That notwithstanding, it will be easier for Satan to regain his role in heaven than for Atiku to be Nigeria's President.undecided

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by maakano(m): 5:30am On Jun 25, 2016
Sheriff is in deep trouble as INEC has recognized Makarafi's group and that makes them the authentic group of the PDP. I wonder what becomes of SAS in this equation.

We are watching them with a kin interest.

12 Likes

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 25, 2016
Sheriff needs to stop clutching at straws. INEC's presence at the Edo state primary election conducted by the Makarfi faction should have rung the end of crisis bell to him. He needs to throw in the towel and give up the fight before he is forced to do so with his tail between his legs.

13 Likes

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by kahal29: 6:06am On Jun 25, 2016
bejeiodus:
Sheriff needs to stop clutching at straws. INEC's presence at the Edo primary election conducted by the Makarfi faction should have rung the end of crisis bell to him. He needs to throw in the towel and give up the fight before he is forced to do so with his tail between his legs.

What happens if I NEC also shows up at his own primaries. Taraba case comes to mind

9 Likes

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by Nobody: 6:17am On Jun 25, 2016
kahal29:

What happens if I NEC also shows up at his own primaries. Taraba case comes to mind
INEC won't want to put itself in a quandary. They would rather stay away from both primaries than give credibility to both elections. Nothing is absolute though. Sheriff remains as obstinate as a goat and has the capacity to do the unusual.

3 Likes

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by gare(f): 6:29am On Jun 25, 2016
kahal29:

Which candidates bought forms from his faction, none, Edo PDP does not recognise SAS, the candidates doesn't recognise him so how does he intend to configure primaries.

4 Likes

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by blackpanda: 6:33am On Jun 25, 2016
APC no get una time. Better resign honorably before u destroy pdp finally. If PDP continues with SAS, 2019 campaign will focus solely on the creation and sponsoring of bh. Which we know was done by SAS

4 Likes

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by Progressive01(m): 7:02am On Jun 25, 2016
SirJeffry:
We all know that Atiku is the brain behind the scene and Chief Ben Obi is his "mannest" man till tomorrow.

That notwithstanding, it will be easier for Satan to regain his role in heaven than for Atiku to be Nigeria's President.undecided
My brother, I'm not a fan of Atiku, never was, never will be, but in politics I've come to understand that any damn thing is possible. If history has taught us anything, than that is it.

4 Likes

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by veekid(m): 8:22am On Jun 25, 2016
Na them go solve Nigeria problem?

1 Like

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by nairaman66(m): 8:22am On Jun 25, 2016
Drama in Manila
Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by FrankValency(m): 8:22am On Jun 25, 2016
ok
Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by damton(m): 8:23am On Jun 25, 2016
PDP should better get their acts together before the ruling party makes them perpetual opposition.

For a party that is serious to get back to power, this only makes mockery of their resolve to challenge the status quo. I hope they see their undoings before it gets to late. 2019 is just around the corner.

1 Like

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by DeRoyalFranco(m): 8:24am On Jun 25, 2016
This people should go to bed. We are getting bored of their stories.

2 Likes

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 25, 2016
PDP is about to crash down

4 Likes

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 25, 2016
Atiku, I can see you there!
Always jumping from party to party
Always contesting
But never winning grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by Zico5(m): 8:24am On Jun 25, 2016
No sanity again in Nigeria politics, all these people parading themselves as leaders in one way or the other are just fugitives and wanderers. They are there just to deceive the gullible. If u think PDP is still alive and running, u are deceiving urself. Go to osun state and see things, then u will know that things are getting out of hands in PDP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by eph12(m): 8:26am On Jun 25, 2016
Kikikikikikiki cheesy
Who cares? Just kill the party and be done with. Useless people.

3 Likes

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by pring: 8:27am On Jun 25, 2016
Atiku wants to be the president of Nigeria by any means.
People can be power drunk.

4 Likes

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by anonimi: 8:27am On Jun 25, 2016
Really
Sheriff, please tell us another story or do you think we are fools like the almajiris that you refused to send to school?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3610120_12983234102092445645401203333400587551889473o_jpegdf7c52823558f5063ae4d91aeff321b5

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by Aspireahead(m): 8:29am On Jun 25, 2016
This man needs to see TB Joshua asap. His case I getting out a hand

1 Like

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by Tayoen(f): 8:31am On Jun 25, 2016
Wonderful people... PDP is dead and gone

1 Like

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by anonimi: 8:32am On Jun 25, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by MrUntouchable(m): 8:37am On Jun 25, 2016
You will not even know who to believe again. All of them are crooks undecided

1 Like

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by GreenNegro(m): 8:38am On Jun 25, 2016
Kikikiki....I laughter grin
Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by chinoify: 8:38am On Jun 25, 2016
Ndi Ara everywhere undecided
Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by Tmercy(m): 8:44am On Jun 25, 2016
Progressive01:
My brother, I'm not a fan of Atiku, never was, never will be, but in politics I've come to understand that any damn thing is possible. If history has taught us anything, than that is it.
if anything is indeed possible in politics, Babangida would hav staged a comeback into politics successfully in 2007 or so, but he met a brick wall with massive rejection from all sides, he had 2 withdraw in2 his shell cos he was no longer sellable .
Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by ChukwuIbrahim: 8:45am On Jun 25, 2016
oga boko leader modu sheriff, nor gree 4 dem oo!
give all of dem firefire or fire 4 fire!
dem must not remove u 4rm d Pipeline Destruction Party PDP

ooosheeeey Baddest! cool

1 Like

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by tinsel: 8:46am On Jun 25, 2016
Ben Obi ran as Atiku's vice presidential Candidate during Obasanjo's time. This thing is beginning to have meaning.

1 Like

Re: Makarfi, Obi Working For APC Chieftain – Sheriff by edebemba(m): 8:46am On Jun 25, 2016
kahal29:
Who can this APC chieftain be?
Atiku Abubakar or who else?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kafanchan Youths Hold Walk For Atiku In Southern Kaduna (Video) / PHCN Strike: Is There Light In Your Area? / Tinubu Signs Executive Orders On Oil, Gas Reforms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.