Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) (63453 Views)

Obasanjo Bows To Greet The Alaafin Of Oyo During A Visit To His Palace. Photos / Aisha Buhari Shaking Alaafin Of Oyo's Hand / Please Help! Is Buhari Actually Deaf? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by SamMilla1(m): 12:37pm On Jun 26, 2016
sainty2k3:

please check the picture well , there was no handshake alafin's fist was cleched together an with it he touched Aisha's hand, try and look again after removing sentiment from ur mind

So that's leg shaking?

What kind of excuse can you people not come up with?

There should not be any contact with the Hands of Alafin, he is the representative of the gods of the land.
Stop trying go against culture while trying to defend the indefensible.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by YhubieIsidore(m): 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
Sempumping:
Op shook not shaked. ...

olodo

And also it doesn't look real
... Hav a closer look and u wil see that he did'nt shake her. His hands is folded
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by amodu(m): 12:43pm On Jun 26, 2016
ydass:
That wasn't a shake. I think he didn't want to embarrass her so he held her hands up.

Nonetheless Aisha is so stupid for attempting a shake in the first place

You have said it all.

That is just the true picture of what transpired.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by dematino(m): 12:47pm On Jun 26, 2016
You're absolutely right
ericuzor:
aisha no try she actually brought out her hand for a shake but alafin the wise elder man fold his hand at first as a sign of no shake before using his bought hands to hold her hands together telling her with a smile this child you no sabi Yoruba culture abi grin grin
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by sainty2k3(m): 1:11pm On Jun 26, 2016
SamMilla1:

So that's leg shaking?

What kind of excuse can you people not come up with?

There should not be any contact with the Hands of Alafin, he is the representative of the gods of the land.
Stop trying go against culture while trying to defend the indefensible.
so alaafin hands doesn't touch another person . stop conjuring fact that's not true
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by fcvklies: 1:19pm On Jun 26, 2016
That aint no handshake
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by amodu(m): 1:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
Alaafin eventually did this in a bid not to disgrace her and save her face publicly.

Alaafin's giggling says it all and I believe she has learnt.

Such shouldn't repeat itself not to talk of trying it with Arole Oduduwa, Onirisa, Ojaja II.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Benstiga(m): 1:23pm On Jun 26, 2016
If she like make she peck am wetin concern me¿
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by tayo200(m): 1:24pm On Jun 26, 2016
ok
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by teemy(m): 1:25pm On Jun 26, 2016
Pictures 1 and 3 were taken about the same time (see the blue flag at standing still in the back).

Obviously from the second picture Aisha probably forgot protocol and tried to shake the Alaafin but he gave a solid with the rakadede fist and she corrected herself in pictures 1 and 3 when she offered her double fist which is customary and the Alaafin received in return
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by nduchucks: 1:37pm On Jun 26, 2016
JimiOgunlola:
Look at what yoruba race have turned into. Can Aisha offer to shake the Sultan?

These people have degraded the our yoruba custom, why some still support fulani is beyond me.

I think it is hypocritical of you to blame Aisha of degrading your culture but refuse to assign any blame to the Alafin.

If it was an "abomination" to shake the Alafin, why did he happily participate in the handshake. Look at the big laughter on the Alafin's face looking like a couple of hundred million naira monthly fee he is paid by the politicians.

The Alafin does not seem as concerned as his subjects who insult Aisha and the entire Fulani people. I think your real problem is not cultural preservation but blatant tribalistic racism.

Check yourself well because bigotry smells all over your post.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Brainy007: 2:01pm On Jun 26, 2016
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 26, 2016
Sempumping:
Op shook not shaked. ...

olodo

This OP must be a Buhari's consin.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 26, 2016
Sempumping:
Op shook not shaked. ...

olodo

This OP must be a Buhari's consin. For u to b an OP on Nairaland : u must have a minimum of B. S. C.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by BermudaTriangle(m): 3:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
JimiOgunlola:

These people have degraded the our yoruba custom, why some still sugpport fulani is beyond me.

The Yoruba is an enlightened race. Nothing precludes a royal father from extending magnanimity to people.
Don't compare the Yoruba with people who still live in the 17th century.
Were Aisha to be a white lady i bet people would not have complained.
The religion of emirs treat women with scorn and an expendable commodity and thats why she may not shake an emir.
There is a world of difference between light and darkness, liberty and slavery.

Besides, there was no hand-shake here. Perhaps the Op needs a binocular to see better or he was only being mischievious.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by masterpat(m): 3:23pm On Jun 26, 2016
Sempumping:
Op shook not shaked. ...

olodo

Lol... babes and bad mouth
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by sarrki(m): 3:26pm On Jun 26, 2016
Sulemanmathew:
This OP must be a Buhari's consin. For u to b an OP on Nairaland : u must have a minimum of B. S. C.

U are right ( consin)

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by NovusHomo(m): 3:45pm On Jun 26, 2016
JimiOgunlola:

These people have degraded the our yoruba custom, why some still support fulani is beyond me.

That is no handshake. The Alaafin clasped the First Lady's hands. In Yoruba practice, it is the closest you could get to a hug from someone of a much higher status.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by YabaLeftist: 5:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
SaffronSpice:

Your ignorance is nauseating.

Don't you think it's better for you to keep shut instead of making a parade of your stupidity on matters you know nothing about?
Next time, do just so.
That form of greeting is called oshuba in Yoruba; it's the way women greet traditional title holders.

Oh, so any woman can even greet the Alafin with the oshuba but can't shake hands with him? grin grin grin

I'm seriously learning. grin I even thought no woman is allowed to greet the Alafin.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Kdon2: 9:51pm On Jun 26, 2016
druxy:
oooh

Generational idiot!
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by jzee4sure: 11:07pm On Jun 26, 2016
Blasphemy
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by SaffronSpice: 6:51am On Jun 27, 2016
YabaLeftist:

Oh, so any woman can even greet the Alafin with the oshuba but can't shake hands with him? grin grin grin

I'm seriously learning. grin I even thought no woman is allowed to greet the Alafin.

Yorubas are not misogynists,so there's no reason why women should not be allowed to greet the Alaafin.
As for shaking hands,the Alaafin is not a knight trying to make peace -- He the deputy of the gods;Baba should not be seen shaking hands with anybody.But now that African cutures have been westernised,what do I know?

Like I said earlier,the Oshuba is used by women to greet royal fathers,high chiefs et al.
To do this,the woman kneels down-not stand straight like Aisha did- cups her palms,and extends her arms, like you do when supplicating the white man's god grin
While the king responds by touching her palms or knuckles.

I really can't tell from the pictures if The First Lady tried to shake hands with him or was giving him an Oshuba,but I can see that he received it as an Oshuba.That makes it an Oshuba.

I guess this is enough for today's class.Go,and run your mouth no more,bruh.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by SaffronSpice: 7:02am On Jun 27, 2016
NovusHomo:

That is no handshake. The Alaafin clasped the First Lady's hands. In Yoruba practice, it is the closest you could get to a hug from someone of a much higher status.
Tell em,bruh.
Aisha Buhari gbe Oshuba fun Alaafin, sugbon awon eleyi o damowink.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by glossy6(f): 3:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
arresa:

Surprised that at your age you still don't know the difference between Hausa and Yoruba including the fact that they have different identities, way of the life and culture.

Alafin is not the Sultan and the Sultan is not Alafin.

Do Hausa men shake their women's hands? During the swearing in of minister, did PMB shake any woman's hand?

Aisha is now an alien that doesn't know the culture. Charity they say begins at home.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by orisa37: 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2016
He shook off not shook.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by NovusHomo(m): 12:18am On Jun 28, 2016
SaffronSpice:

Tell em,bruh.
Aisha Buhari gbe Oshuba fun Alaafin, sugbon awon eleyi o damowink.

Who side? Ko yewon.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 28, 2016
Saheed9:
ain't giving up yet.... 9 days more to go

Fantastic!
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Rose2014: 4:54am On Jun 29, 2016
dunkem21:
That is what is called 'Chopping knuckles' cool

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JUST IN: Buhari Declared The Winner In Benue / Fiyinfoluwa Osinbajo, Yemi Osinbajo’s Son (Photos) / Buhari Relocates To Defence House In Maitama, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.