Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) (63457 Views)

Obasanjo Bows To Greet The Alaafin Of Oyo During A Visit To His Palace. Photos / Aisha Buhari Shaking Alaafin Of Oyo's Hand / Please Help! Is Buhari Actually Deaf? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Kobicove(m): 9:34am On Jun 26, 2016
Is that what you call a handshake? undecided
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 26, 2016
JimiOgunlola:
Look at what yoruba race have turned into. Can Aisha offer to shake the Sultan?

These people have degraded the our yoruba custom, why some still support fulani is beyond me.
that's called oshuba in yoruba land o, the oba didn't shake her.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by lastpage: 9:43am On Jun 26, 2016
ydass:
That wasn't a shake. I think he didn't want to embarrass her so he held her hands up.

Nonetheless Aisha is so stupid for attempting a shake in the first place

You are the silly and Ediotic one here!

Too much groundnut and garri is making you go blind!

Look closely!

What Aisha gave the King is called "oshuba" in Yoruba culture

The Lady will clasp her hands together, turn it inside-out and offer it to the king or her husband.

The King/husband would simply "touch it" as a sign of acceptance.

Dont try to interpret Yoruba culture, ........simply because you have no culture, from where you came from.

Lastpage!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by lastpage: 9:45am On Jun 26, 2016
pepigeorge:

I guess the Alaafin must be a dwarf, Aisha seemed to be taller. .who is bowing to who...
from my unsentimental IPAD view, Alaafin is bowing. .
maybe from a yoruba view Aisha is bowing

FIXED!

You go soon go blind, anyway. undecided undecided

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by nigeriafilm(m): 9:50am On Jun 26, 2016
Sempumping:
Op shook not shaked. ...

olodo

And also it doesn't look real
It doesn't look real? funny, how could it be more real? alaafin fucktup
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by amahthelma(f): 9:54am On Jun 26, 2016
She shake or she no shake arm wich 1 b our own nw.....d person wey she carry hand shake no complain but person wey nova touch dem dey complain......oga y naija too lik to dey carry matter 4 head lik diz
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Donjiggar: 10:00am On Jun 26, 2016
Its a pity that even some yorubas in this forum dont understand their tradition. Am an igbo man born n brought up in Ibadan,from the pics,the king didnt actually shake the first lady.That greeting style is called ''ijuba''thats how queens in yoruba land greet their king
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 26, 2016
He cued her to the fact that he wasn't going to shake her hand when he made that fist, so as not to embarass her. Blame it on her protocol team and her high level of ignorance as an individual.

And he's not bowing, more like he's a bit bent over from age and he's a naturally gregarious person so he's leaning in toward her. She does seem taller though.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by cosade(m): 10:09am On Jun 26, 2016
Donjiggar:
Its a pity that even some yorubas in this forum dont understand their tradition. Am an igbo man born n brought up in Ibadan,from the pics,the king didnt actually shake the first lady.That greeting style is called ''ijuba''thats how queens in yoruba land greet their king

cheesy cheesy cheesy "ijuba" is street language version my brother, it is actually called "osuba". I wish I have appreciation of the Igbo language to that level too. Happy Sunday.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by stevedre: 10:11am On Jun 26, 2016
Donjiggar:

So is Aisha Buhari a (yoruba) queen? i don't blame the alaafin because it happened un expectedly but Aisha Buhari knowing she cant shake an Emir or even dare greet an Emir standing straight should give same respect to Kings from other regions. This Alaafin just showed how Yorubas tolerate so much (insults) to the extent People now say Lagos is no mans land, sometimes being too nice backfires. Umu Igbo, Lagos belongs to Yorubas and its time we face our region instead interfering with so many affairs that does not concern us.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Eze2000(m): 10:14am On Jun 26, 2016
That is not handshaking. That the contingency plan of a wise ruler.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by horlabiyi(m): 10:14am On Jun 26, 2016
Let's call a spade a spade this is wrong. It's against the culture of the Yoruba to shake hand with the king.

arresa:

Surprised that at your age you still don't know the difference between Hausa and Yoruba including the fact that they have different identities, way of the life and culture.

Alafin is not the Sultan and the Sultan is not Alafin.

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by ericuzor(m): 10:16am On Jun 26, 2016
sarrki:
Abi na photoshop ?
aisha no try she actually brought out her hand for a shake but alafin the wise elder man fold his hand at first as a sign of no shake before using his bought hands to hold her hands together telling her with a smile this child you no sabi Yoruba culture abi grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Spain007(m): 10:24am On Jun 26, 2016
Sempumping:
Op shook not shaked. ...

olodo

And also it doesn't look real
Harsh teacher...
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by KingOvoramwen1(m): 10:26am On Jun 26, 2016
Alki:
U can't be that close to d Oba of Benin

Awaa!!!!! Not in a thousand years....... The one and only Oba lives in Benin!
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 26, 2016
Saheed9:
how does these change the fact that I've not finished 1 Quran since Ramadan started.

Hehehe.. pele. Try harder next year
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 26, 2016
Spain007:
Harsh teacher...

Not harsh ooo
twas only a joke ooo
until some took it personal calling der sisters A'hole and Fat cow
everybody makes mistakes
me sef no sabi speak English oo
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Saheed9: 10:47am On Jun 26, 2016
niyah24:

Hehehe.. pele. Try harder next year
ain't giving up yet.... 9 days more to go
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 26, 2016
lastpage:

Look closely!

The Lady will clasp her hands together, turn it inside-out and offer it to the king or her husband.

Dont try to interpret Yoruba culture, ........simply because you have no culture, from where you came from.

Lastpage!

Omo ale Yoruba nie, eru Fulani.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 26, 2016
lastpage:

Look closely!

Lastpage!

Omo Alee Yoruba nie, eru Fulani.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by louqas: 11:15am On Jun 26, 2016
JimiOgunlola:
Look at what yoruba race have turned into. Can Aisha offer to shake the Sultan?

These people have degraded the our yoruba custom, why some still support fulani is beyond me.

Does what is in the pix look like hand shake to you ..... I understand it's your hatred for this government and the first family that won't make you see the pix well .
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by thugthang(m): 11:43am On Jun 26, 2016
U abi me?quote author=Saheed9 post=46936763]how does these change the fact that I've not finished 1 Quran since Ramadan started. [/quote]
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by bigiyaro(m): 11:46am On Jun 26, 2016
ydass:
That wasn't a shake. I think he didn't want to embarrass her so he held her hands up.

Nonetheless Aisha is so stupid for attempting a shake in the first place
u should have sat her down and lectured her on how to greet the yoruba traditional ruling class before she embarked on that trip.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by bigybanty02(m): 11:46am On Jun 26, 2016
And so wat? Wetin dey special 4 here abi nah crime to shake hand? undecided abeg make una park well jooorr
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by SlimShaddy10(m): 11:58am On Jun 26, 2016
Na una sabi ooooo!! For me, Na only this Aisha lady's beauty I de see.

The woman fine no b small,that even Alafin could not resist her hand shake Lolz.

Who no like better sth?
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by obils2: 12:00pm On Jun 26, 2016
arresa:

Surprised that at your age you still don't know the difference between Hausa and Yoruba including the fact that they have different identities, way of the life and culture.

Alafin is not the Sultan and the Sultan is not Alafin.

u r saying rubbish guy y will she do that
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by sainty2k3(m): 12:18pm On Jun 26, 2016
SamMilla1:

What's Aisha's hands doing with Alafins hands in the first place?

In my place, women bow down and the king touches their back and asks them to stand.
Women down stretch hands at all, let alone the king to stretch his own hands. Alafin seemed to be bowing for Aisha sef
That's desecration of culture and Alafin should be fired.
So no matter how much you try to paint the picture with different descriptions, Alafin fvcked up.
you mean how they do in your place is the ideal and other cultural differences are wrong and are not to be respected. I dare ur king to touch Aisha's back then.
The kind of greetings exchanged in the pics up here is acceptable, and none was disrespected
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 26, 2016
cosade:

The Alafin in his own wisdom offered her "osuba" (fits) as a courtesy, which is a special way of greeting especially for female title holders.

In the Yoruba tradition, when there is a dispute among married couple and the wife pleads with an "osuba" the husband should not reject such plea. That is the genesis of the song to the Almighty God ..... re ooo, Osuba re oooo, Oba ta o ta ri'se owo re, iba're ooo.

Interesting.

Was does the bolded lyrics mean?
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Kpokom: 12:19pm On Jun 26, 2016
Can we focus on lives for lasting solutions to our numerous problems than these people whose lives mean nothing just as ours mean nothing to them? Enough of this. Not news worthy if you ask me
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by SamMilla1(m): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2016
sainty2k3:

you mean how they do in your place is the ideal and other cultural differences are wrong and are not to be respected. I dare ur king to touch Aisha's back then.
The kind of greetings exchanged in the pics up here is acceptable, and none was disrespected

You mean it's acceptable for Alafin of Oyo to shake women?
Or is it because it's Aisha?
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by cosade(m): 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
AgricSalt:

Interesting.

Was does the bolded lyrics mean?

Osuba re ooo
Osuba re ooo
Oba ta o ri
Ta ri'se owo re
Osuba re ooo

Sorry I was modifying the song when you shared.

Literally:

This is your Osuba
This is your Osuba
The King that I cannot see
But I can see His handwork
This is your Osuba

*This coming from the background that osuba should not be rejected.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by sainty2k3(m): 12:32pm On Jun 26, 2016
SamMilla1:

You mean it's acceptable for Alafin of Oyo to shake women?
Or is it because it's Aisha?
please check the picture well , there was no handshake alafin's fist was cleched together an with it he touched Aisha's hand, try and look again after removing sentiment from ur mind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fiyinfoluwa Osinbajo, Yemi Osinbajo’s Son (Photos) / JUST IN: Buhari Declared The Winner In Benue / Buhari Relocates To Defence House In Maitama, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.