Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun (33109 Views)

"I Regret Making Udom Governor" - Akpabio / Saraki-Ekweremadu Forgery: Senators Stand In Court As No Where To Sit / Children's Day: Saraki Interacts With Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by DEAFandDUMB(f): 11:58am On Jun 26, 2016
bashydemy1:
Bro forget all this talk they never think it that way. Beside the plan was never for Ekweremadu to be Senate president they only forge the standing rule to favor Saraki and spite APC. But in the absent of majority of APC member they choose Ekweremadu.

And again they never believe the secret of the forgery will be this open and beside the Executive have never be this interested in the affair of the Legislator in the past so they believe its gonna be in house things and we will cover our thing up our way but it later get out of hand...

Bro you Minister of Justice, Malami and the former IG, Arase just doing this on their own? The presidency and the party don't want to take the bulls by the horn straight but trying to use the law to get saraki and Ekweremadu out cos impeachment won't work since PMB won't pay the house member a dime like OBJ always do in the past to impeach Senate president. let keep our finger cross..
I like constructive argument and would love it if we can maintain that status quo without being sentimental.
How did the alleged forged rules suppose to favour Saraki should the APC senators were to be around during the voting process?

Note: Am a young Lady.. So take it easy on me..

1 Like

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by tonio2wo: 11:58am On Jun 26, 2016
bashydemy1:
Bro forget all this talk they never think it that way. Beside the plan was never for Ekweremadu to be Senate president they only forge the standing rule to favor Saraki and spite APC. But in the absent of majority of APC member they choose Ekweremadu.

And again they never believe the secret of the forgery will be this open and beside the Executive have never be this interested in the affair of the Legislator in the past so they believe its gonna be in house things and we will cover our thing up our way but it later get out of hand...

Bro you Minister of Justice, Malami and the former IG, Arase just doing this on their own? The presidency and the party don't want to take the bulls by the horn straight but trying to use the law to get saraki and Ekweremadu out cos impeachment won't work since PMB won't pay the house member a dime like OBJ always do in the past to impeach Senate president. let keep our finger cross..
Trash!

Pdp had d majority that day, if they had wanted they would av produced both president n vice. They were just being loyal to saraki. The agreement was to clinch the vice seat.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by goodfornothing(m): 12:00pm On Jun 26, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

In the real sense No, am 100% OK but to gossips, am highly deaf and dumb..

Lol. Hope you understand??
To gossips, ok. I understand.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by humbleself242(m): 12:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
Don't worry NEMESIS will catch him
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by SamMilla1(m): 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2016
midolian:
So this man called for that meeting

I am highly disappointed angry angry angry

Behold, one of the problems facing this great country! angry angry angry

No its not a problem. It is the best thing that happened.

That padded budget would have easily scaled without trouble.
The assembly of Northern animals submitted to the Senate for Ambassadors job that was rejected a few days ago would have scaled too.

Look at how Dullard is appointing his brothers to every position in the country, what do you think would have happened if he had his way with Senate.

The only way you will think what happened at the senate was bad is only if you are from the north too.
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by Daplux4: 12:42pm On Jun 26, 2016
Saraki and ekweremadu are not nigerias problem mr chairman tell ur party to tackle insecurity and our economy.
Hunger is killing some people
Stop chasing shadows

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by tukdi: 1:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
grin grin This is called tales by moonlight! The only thing oyegun can do is to send a LETTER OF REGRET to the National Assembly. Saraki and Ekweremadu have come to stay and no going back!
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by Amazing4grace(m): 1:46pm On Jun 26, 2016
The same way dy ar persuading u to make a wrong choice during kogi gov. Replacement.... Thank God u stand firm and make a best choice by substituting Audu with Bello. Though a wise man doesn't make the same mistake twice....
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by tibaonnet: 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
Even at that, if Saraki has been a loyal party member, what was he doing in the hallow Chamber when the Chairman of his party was having a meeting with other elected senators?. He saw this & seized the opportunity, never mind to dine with the opposition members as long as he gets what he wanted.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by Amazing4grace(m): 1:49pm On Jun 26, 2016
tukdi:
grin grin This is called tales by moonlight! The only thing oyegun can do is to send a LETTER OF REGRET to the National Assembly. Saraki and Ekweremadu have come to stay and no going back!
oga Are u sure ?? Just a matter of tym b4 dy will be shown d way out...
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by tayejay(m): 1:50pm On Jun 26, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
midolian:

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/26/oyegun-regrets-convening-meeting-same-day-saraki-ekweremadu-were-elected/

The question should have been, why did I allow myself to be used in favour of the manipulators? Ensuring that the meeting held was probably part of the plan.....
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by reality2019(m): 1:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
buhari APC too small to change what GOd has destined, better accept it in good faith.
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by konga82(m): 1:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:
Politics is just a game of mind and if what they planned that day had worked, by now he won't be regretting the decision but PDP senators saw it coming and played a fast one on them..
Mr. Party Chairman, next time you want to make such decisions try and think it deep, most especially, the implications that might result if things goes the other way..
Am sure Ahmed Lawal and Tinubu that persuaded you to call such meeting ain't taking the blames now.
Suffering are lessons and am sure you've learnt something from this..
I tink its destiny to be de it is, God has ordain it, we are nothing but pencil in de hand of de creator. YOU WIN SOME YOU LOSE SOME.
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by tukdi: 1:56pm On Jun 26, 2016
Amazing4grace:
oga Are u sure ?? Just a matter of tym b4 dy will be shown d way out...
I am very sure! It is called Politics!
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by MarcusGarvey(m): 2:02pm On Jun 26, 2016
Thank God you made such mistake, I'm looking forward to see many more of it.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by tibaonnet: 2:03pm On Jun 26, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

I like constructive argument and would love it if we can maintain that status quo without being sentimental.
How did the alleged forged rules suppose to favour Saraki should the APC senators were to be around during the voting process?

Which of all the things you read online do you understand? how best do we explain to you how the game panned out? Now you cannot hear or talk. Anyway, make google your friend.[color=#000099]
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by Reinvented: 2:36pm On Jun 26, 2016
bashydemy1:
But that mistake can be re-correct, The forgery allegation against Saraki, Ekweremadu, and the clerk of the house does not just surface. Some member leak that secret to the executive and the party big wigs and they gonna use it against them.
That is at the inauguration of 2019 or 9th Assembly, not this current Assembly! This assembly is going to run full term with this leadership. Just wait when they resume and put Spanners on Buhari government, that case will DIE NATURALLY. What has come out of the CCT trial if I may ask? Just noise!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by emajoe: 2:46pm On Jun 26, 2016
A little too late sir. May 2015 is not a recent past but a PAINFUL past.
If, only if you have another opportunity!
......but initially, you said Mr. President called for that meeting.
Now "some people" persuaded you!
YOU SEE YOUR LIFE?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by obongtunji: 2:50pm On Jun 26, 2016
Oyegun should thank his stars, Saraki really saved the day for APC.

If Saraki wasn't there PDP would have brought out their candidate and the PDP candidate would have won because APC senators were at the International Conference Centre. By implication the Senate would have had PDP senate president because unlike electing the Senate President where it only requires the majority, to impeaching a sitting Senate President the house requires 2/3 which APC don't have.
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by Mrfred43(m): 2:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
Mr chairman u should even thank God is not the sit of senate president.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by basadenet: 3:00pm On Jun 26, 2016
Oyegun had since made so many mistakes thereafter and he would continue make many. He is not a competent person, so should resign. He got there courtesy of Ojuyobo.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by Bimpe29: 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2016
That shows height of clueless in APC
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by ihatesycophant(m): 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
I thought they said it was PMB that call for that meeting. Truth now coming out, it was external forces that prevailed on the chairman to call the meeting. Who is now greedy among these people, external forces, chairman, Saraki, Lawal. Because of one man, they now used their greediness to distabilised the gains made by APC during 2015 elections. I wan plant my stooge everywhere brought APC to this stage and they have been fighting tooth and nail to correct the in-correctable, except they wish to burn down the system on the altar of anarchy and impunity.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by Goddex: 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
freeze001:
Long stories and contradictory tales. I thought d meeting was at d behest of d president who was supposed to be at the venue?

I'm not surprised though cos it showed Nigerians early on the kind of representatives they voted that would rather elevate mere party functions over their constitutional duties which includes d inauguration of the Senate. They were expecting the Senate to be on hold for them because they're d almighty APC
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by bashydemy1: 9:59pm On Jun 26, 2016
Frankiss44:

I see you Joseph the dreamer
Till then,
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by bashydemy1: 10:12pm On Jun 26, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

Well with the little i know about all this, APC does not support the candidature of saraki and i think with the standing forgery saraki stand to gain something... prior to the date there have been discord between Saraki loyalist with the APC and the lawani loyalist and they all support Lawani, I don't know how the forgery came about but i'' research to know about it.. But i think the lawyers in the house can enlighten us more but little i can guess is according to the standing rule all members need to be present before they should start the voting process except for genuine reason. maybe.
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by bashydemy1: 10:14pm On Jun 26, 2016
tonio2wo:

Trash!

Pdp had d majority that day, if they had wanted they would av produced both president n vice. They were just being loyal to saraki. The agreement was to clinch the vice seat.
That's where you get it wrong, If that's the case those 2 would have be behind bar now. Mind you they are just taking thing easy so as to follow due process in ousting them.
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by bashydemy1: 10:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
Reinvented:

That is at the inauguration of 2019 or 9th Assembly, not this current Assembly! This assembly is going to run full term with this leadership. Just wait when they resume and put Spanners on Buhari government, that case will DIE NATURALLY. What has come out of the CCT trial if I may ask? Just noise!!!
Well let's wait and see now, I hope you and your likes won't be shouting tyranny and dictator then sha.
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by element44: 12:22am On Jun 27, 2016
Politicians and their lies,even if all the APC senators were there,nothing would have changed.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by murmee: 10:03am On Jun 27, 2016
DrRasheed:
If there is life there is hope. Saraki must go !!
Together with Ekweremadu!
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by tonio2wo: 10:13am On Jun 27, 2016
bashydemy1:
That's where you get it wrong, If that's the case those 2 would have be behind bar now. Mind you they are just taking thing easy so as to follow due process in ousting them.
Behind bar? What would have been their crime?
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by themanderon: 11:43am On Jun 27, 2016
And since then you guys have been working round the clock to scheme for their removal abi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Crowd Of Supporters Welcome Tinubu To Kano (Video) / Abia Government Starts Rehabilitation Of Ehi Road In Aba (Pictures) / Young Lady Cries To Have A Glimpse Of Buhari At APC Rally - See Reaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.