Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,653 members, 7,823,851 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use (969 Views)

See What Actress Rita Edochie's Daughter Amanda Has To Say About PAGEANTRY / PHOTOS: Rich Zimbabwean Man Lists Requirements For Future Wife / Gifts For Future Inlaws And Fiance's Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by Sanchez01: 10:28am On Jun 26, 2016
For the first time in several years I paid crucial attention to the forum's pageantry, and I would say it was fun and thrilling, not just with the votes, but with some of the dramas that riddled the entire process. As an observer, I noticed quite some things which could be corrected to prevent mishaps, both on the part of Seun, Dygeasy, Dominique, the contestants and their campaign teams. So, below are a few things I noticed and possible recommendations.

1. Proper Publicity Should be given to the competition: This is a forum with over 2 million registered members and I see no reason why due Publicity should not be given to a forum competition as this.While many would say 'it was publicized', the proper thing to do should be to raise aggressive awareness even before it starts, so as to make the competition more interesting and tougher. I suggest an FP awareness a month before it starts so that voters can follow the entire process duly and decide, not on what some random person tells them, but based on who they think is worth it. The same goes for every interview for each of the contestants. This way, the contest prize would not be restricted to Seun and some others who would want to volunteer to add to the prizes. I know this has been done overtime, but there's a big difference between aggressive and mild publicity. Agressive Publicity is capable of landing several sponsors from day one, instead of the grand finale.

2. The rules should be well spelt out: This was what really caused me to start following the contest. I could remember seeing a thread where a party went agog and clamoured for a contestant to be disqualified for alleged plagiarism. To be candid, I was confused as to whether she should have been or shouldn't. I equally could remember seeing Seun's post, asserting that she should be disqualified. I wouldn't blame anyone for the confusion, but for lack of rules. The rules of the competition should be binding all round. If a contestant isn't allowed to 'lift' pieces to substantiate her claims or view points during 'official interviews' with the organizers or moderators, then he or she should not do same with an 'unofficial' interview. There should be no exception.

***Ahead of the subsequent ones which would come later, I'd suggest the forum work towards a project that must be fulfilled by the winners, and not just claiming cash prizes and other loots. Let is be a way of Nairaland giving and the winners, in turn, giving back for some philanthropic cause. Pet projects, campaign against social vices and scourges, etc... Let contestants know it's not just some popularity contest but a way of giving back to the society. I see nothing wrong if a debate session is raised next time.

TO FUTURE CONTESTANTS

3. Adopt a simple, easy to write, moniker: I'm sure lots of persons noticed this; while some opted for Ivyy, others adopted Ivvy and it was quite confusing as to which is which. While I'm not so sure if both were counted for her but then it can be costly and could make a voter who likes you just choose a name he or she can spell. There are names that stick to the head and mind faster. Look for one of those and 'change' ahead if the next pageantry.

4. Choose Humility at all Times: Humility is key to succeeding in everything one does. I could also remember a particular contestant was accused of being rude and arrogant. And although she apologized, one could say it was because of what was at hand. It is safer to stay humble always, rather than wait for a season to do so. Humility costs nothing. As a matter of fact, it radiates and has its way of 'showing' in you, and if it's clearly seen, then count it as a plus to your quest.

5. It is not a beauty pageant/physique contest: I believe this is where most are getting it wrong. They think it should go to the most beautiful or the most 'endowed' and often times tailor their votes around girls with strong and enchanting figures. Quite unfortunate, I must admit. Don't get me wrong, beauty is definitely a huge PLUS to winning, but then it is not enough to make you win. Intelligence + brilliance, coupled with beauty would go along way, but then, beauty as many would say, is subjective.

6. It's a contest, not war: Unfortunately, some of the contestants failed to see this. It's a mere competition and not war zone. Don't talk down your closest 'rival' or rubbish his/her attempts or his/her camp. The earlier you realize it's a contest, the faster you learn to exhibit a sportsman-like conduct. Smear campaigns won't do you any good.

7. Get 'reasonable' and strategic people to help you all through the contest: A few contestants lost so many people who would have voted for them because they flocked themselves with wrong people and advisers. It is not a crime to allow people volunteer to help, but then, you have the power to choose people who would either destroy or increase your chances.

TO FANS/CAMPS/CREWS OF CONTESTANTS

7. Be Dynamic: You don't need to imitate what other campaigners do, there are thousand ways to skin a cat. And just like the proverbial saying that says 'a single route dies not lead into the market', it should be known that unofficial interviews and last minute threads are not the only methods there are to getting your person (s) to the spotlight. Chat threads where people can ask meaningful questions, engaging your person(s) in topical and sensitive issues are good ways of testing the brain.

8. Smear Campaigns would only cause havoc to your candidate(s): Don't lash out at other candidates just to make yours look perfect. It doesn't pay one bit. At the end, you just might end up publicizing other candidates and garnering pity votes on their behalf without knowing it. If your candidate(s) is/are good enough, then you have nothing to fear.

9. Politicking says a lot about your camp: If your camp is planning on going about the pageantry in political manner, then it tells a whole lot about your camp. We all scream rigging day and night, yet, a pageantry so simple could not be conducted without malpractices and allegations of multiple entries.

10.]Sportsmanship: No one likes to lose, not one. However, it is not to say that those who come as first and second runner up should not don the sportsman nature and congratulate whoever wins. For fans of these contestants, please avoid pushing them overboard into thinking their world would come to end if they don't win. Winning is a thing of the mind and we should all be proud of where we have gotten to and what we have become. The 'best' to you may not win, but that does not imply he or she is a sore loser.

Nairaland has to look for a way to make the voting process stricter, so as to pose problems to cloners and trolls whose only goal is to disrupt the entire process.

Congratulations to Lanicky and her team. It was a well deserved win. To all other contestants, you are all winners, if you believe you are.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by omonighoblessing(f): 10:37am On Jun 26, 2016
good one.
Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by Greene66: 10:42am On Jun 26, 2016
In my opinion, this whole thing was really bad. First of all the mod of election can b rigged.

There should be voting system designed on the website where you simply select the moniker and click "vote". Immediately you vote you see the present results live. That cannot be rigged. You don't need to worry about username. But this cc thing they were doing was so fake

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by Breadmaker: 10:43am On Jun 26, 2016
This is a forum with over 2 million registered members
MOST POLITICIANS HERE HAVE AT LEAST FIVE ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS.
Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by ErnieSmallzz(f): 10:44am On Jun 26, 2016
cool *in Timaya's voice* I concour , i just pray they heed to ur advice lipsrsealed grin
Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by ErnieSmallzz(f): 10:46am On Jun 26, 2016
Greene66:
In my opinion, this whole thing was really bad. First of all the mod of election can b rigged.

There should be voting system designed on the website where you simply select the moniker and click "vote". Immediately you vote you see the present results live. That cannot be rigged. You don't need to worry about username. But this cc thing they were doing was so fake
cheesy *in Timaya's voice* I CONCOUR AGAIN! I just pray seun thinks the same way and accept smiley
Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by Sanchez01: 11:16am On Jun 26, 2016
Greene66:

The cc thing has been on for a while and it has been working. Those who clone and create multiple accounts know themselves. They were fishing themselves out during the voting process yesterday, which I considered fair. The one you suggested may not necessarily stop or control rigging since anyone can just vote.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by alobright17(m): 11:53am On Jun 26, 2016
Waiting for things like Hateu2 to raise her head to contest,Then she will see.
Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by Greene66: 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2016
Sanchez01:

The cc thing has been on for a while and it has been working. Those who clone and create multiple accounts know themselves. They were fishing themselves out during the voting process yesterday, which I considered fair. The one you suggested may not necessarily stop or control rigging since anyone can just vote.

That same voting system would be able to check eligible monikers. Its just that nairaland don't want to spend money developing it. That cc can be rigged. It has always been rigged you think it's working.
Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by Sanchez01: 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2016
Greene66:

That same voting system would be able to check eligible monikers. Its just that nairaland don't want to spend money developing it. That cc can be rigged. It has always been rigged you think it's working.
Seun still remains the person to do it. Take it or leave it, the pageantry has come to stay and will remain a part of Nairaland.
Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by makydebbie(f): 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2016
alobright17:
Waiting for things like Hateu2 to raise her head to contest,Then she will see.
oga na...pls today is sunday lets bury the hachetcheesy..and forgive her...pls..*kneels down*
Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by alobright17(m): 3:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
makydebbie:
oga na...pls today is sunday lets bury the hachetcheesy..and forgive her...pls..*kneels down*

How was your exams?
Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by makydebbie(f): 4:06pm On Jun 26, 2016
alobright17:

How was your exams?
chaii..see the way you just ignored my pleagrin...it went well..how was churchcheesy
Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
Beautifully carved. I concur

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by bitchcrafts: 4:12pm On Jun 26, 2016
This guy must be an event planner of some sort. I see tincts of professionalism in this walahi

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by falconey(m): 4:15pm On Jun 26, 2016
tremendous write up, good observation and opinions

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 26, 2016
makydebbie:
cheesy
I'm njoying his drama please.
Let hin continue jare. It's fun cheesy
Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by Sanchez01: 4:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
Breadmaker:
MOST POLITICIANS HERE HAVE AT LEAST FIVE ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS.
Perhaps you're right. But that only accounts for the 925,476, and not the 2,000,000 in particular.
Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by alobright17(m): 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
makydebbie:
chaii..see the way you just ignored my pleagrin...it went well..how was churchcheesy
Ok dear, abeg I never ignored it I hear you and I'm not going to mention them again I promise.
Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
A very good write -up. I like it and I hope bro Sheun will also notice that
Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by makydebbie(f): 4:26pm On Jun 26, 2016
HateU2:
cheesy I'm njoying his drama please. Let hin continue jare. It's fun cheesy
lol..happy sundaycheesy
Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by Greene66: 5:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
Sanchez01:

Seun still remains the person to do it. Take it or leave it, the pageantry has come to stay and will remain a part of Nairaland.

Look at this one. It's people like you that makes nigeria remain backward and underdeveloped. I am making a suggestion on how to make the voting better. Did I say it should be cancelled? I'm suggesting a way to make it more easier and unrigable.

I tire for naija people sha
Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 26, 2016
makydebbie:
lol..happy sundaycheesy
Same 2 u sis
Re: Nairaland Pageantry: Suggestions For Future Use by Sanchez01: 6:12pm On Jun 26, 2016
Greene66:

Look at this one. It's people like you that makes nigeria remain backward and underdeveloped. I am making a suggestion on how to make the voting better. Did I say it should be cancelled? I'm suggesting a way to make it more easier and unrigable.

I tire for naija people sha
Tone down. Perhaps you didn't get my message. Seu.n is a programmer, and I'm sure he'd be able to figure a way as opposed to your idea of 'paying' someone to do it. It explains why I said he remains the best person to do and that I said the pageantry remains a part of Nairaland only implies that it is subjected to changing and growing with time. So, either we like the cc thing now or not, it would get better and become obsolete some day 'take it or leave it'. I hope you're okay now?

I don't know what's wrong with most of you and your cheeky attitudes. Digest, you won't but would readily want to look for a way to wage war. undecided

(1) (Reply)

How To Determine The Value Of A Woman / 7 Things Wives Should Never Say To Their Husbands / Photos : Man Responds With Only Adele Lyrics To A Seductive FB Scammer .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.