Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Is Zodiac Sign A Criteria For Dating ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Zodiac Sign A Criteria For Dating ? (1020 Views)

How Each Zodiac Sign Cheats In Relationships. What part are you? (photos) / Attitude Some Ladies Portray That Show They Are Only Good For Dating / Ladies, Know The Best S*x Position For Your Zodiac Sign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Zodiac Sign A Criteria For Dating ? by Arian11(m): 7:35pm On Jun 26, 2016
House , don't wanna go straight to the point so y'll can get an understanding of the situation .

I have a friend who pleaded with me to meet a girl (they met online ) and this girl Emily wanna come with a friend so my friend pleaded with me that I should come with him so that when he is with Emily I and the other girl can be talking .

Anyways, I and this girl kicked it off . I introduced myself and where I school and she did same ...coincidentally we're both studying same course so we shared some ideas concerning our field of study and we had a few Laughs. we were walking and also talking about the serene environment . It was actually really going good (y'll most know I had zero feelings for her ...if it lead to friendship no problem but I wasn't looking for anything beyond that ) then she popped the question . "What's your zodiac sign " I was a bit confused and I replied "Aries" you should have seen the look on her face .."OMG an Aries wow that's amazing you must be so cool I am a Sagittarius"...next thing she brought out her phone and inserted my star sign and hers and the app read 100% compatibility and I just had to play the wow card ...and I said "wow that's amazing " really not caring and that was when she started the whole Sagittarius and Aries are so compatible that all her friends she knows who have followed their zodiac match are happy in their relationship and that she gave up on relationship a long time ago blah blah ...I didn't wanna slam her with the "I have a girlfriend card " because of my friend. I wanted him to close the deal with his girl and then I engaged her and told her to tell me more concerning the zodiac signs in as much as she opened my eyes to a lot of things I still don't see it as a preamble for relationships and I HIGHLY doubt our parents used this analogy and they are still together ...so house I wanna know is this how our generations think ...if you must date it has to be compatible star signs because honestly speaking the body language at the end of the meet was that of a girl who has found her long lost bf ...so please house for those of you who are currently in a relationship like me or aspiring relationship peeps . Do/did you consider or considered star signs as a criteria for relationships , personally I think it is absurd that some one would think that low but perspectives are welcomed below .
Re: Is Zodiac Sign A Criteria For Dating ? by PunkyV(f): 9:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
Not necessarily but maybe the girl you met was into Astrology, like I am.

It may sound like rubbish to some, but Astrology fans take that kind of stuff seriously. We just know who we click or don't click with, Astrologically speaking.

In the Indian culture they do that too. Before a couple weds, their astro charts are drawn by an astrologer to determine compatibility, etc. Indians usually marry for life, so maybe there's something to it.

Personally, I don't date by zodiac signs, but there're those few that I've written off because I think their natives suck & are totally incompatible with me as an individual eg. Scorpio & Libra. Funny because I'm supposed to be highly compatible with both signs, but I find them insufferable in a relationship.

I think a lot plays into it though. Being astrologically compatible or incompatible doesn't matter, if both people are willing to put their differences aside & make the relationship work.
Re: Is Zodiac Sign A Criteria For Dating ? by halfricanadian(f): 10:03pm On Jun 26, 2016
PunkyV:

It may sound like rubbish to some, but Astrology fans take that kind of stuff seriously. We just know who we click or don't click with, Astrologically speaking.

In the Indian culture they do that too. Before a couple weds, their astro charts are drawn by an astrologer to determine compatibility, etc. Indians usually marry for life, so maybe there's something to it.

Personally, I don't date by zodiac signs, but there're those few that I've written off because I think their natives suck & are totally incompatible with me as an individual eg. Scorpio & Libra. Funny because I'm supposed to be highly compatible with both signs, but I find them insufferable in a relationship.

I think a lot plays into it though. Being astrologically compatible or incompatible doesn't matter, if both people are willing to put their differences aside & make the relationship work.

Hello punky V

Hi girl hope u good?

And bou d astrology thing was into it before tho way crazy bou it bt i lost d zeal for it nd now if im goin to date it wud b any sign cos wen u talk bou zodaic signs wat of temperament ? embarassed
Re: Is Zodiac Sign A Criteria For Dating ? by PunkyV(f): 10:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
halfricanadian:

Hello punky V

Hi girl hope u good?

And bou d astrology thing was into it before tho way crazy bou it bt i lost d zeal for it nd now if im goin to date it wud b any sign cos wen u talk bou zodaic signs wat of temperament ? embarassed

I don't know much about temperament. I think the 1st time I heard about it was here on NL from er...I forgot his name now. So you think temperament is a better way than astrology?
Re: Is Zodiac Sign A Criteria For Dating ? by halfricanadian(f): 10:14pm On Jun 26, 2016
PunkyV:

I don't know much about temperament. I think the 1st time I heard about it was here on NL from er...I forgot his name now. So you think temperament is a better way than astrology?

Yes its more direct nd specific
Re: Is Zodiac Sign A Criteria For Dating ? by PunkyV(f): 10:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
halfricanadian:

Yes its more direct nd specific

Oh yeah? I'll look more into it.
Re: Is Zodiac Sign A Criteria For Dating ? by Arian11(m): 11:02pm On Jun 26, 2016
PunkyV:

Wow thanks for sharing an insight and just to add to what you said "...puting their differences aside ....allowing the relationship work " I thinks that's the most important zodiac signs aside
Re: Is Zodiac Sign A Criteria For Dating ? by Arian11(m): 11:06pm On Jun 26, 2016
halfricanadian:

Hello punky V

Hi girl hope u good?

Hey about temperament I think they go hand in hand (according to astrologers ) what she told me is that a person's temperament is linked to their star sign e.g if you are a libra for example you'll act like your fellow Librians ..again I could be wrong ...btw didn't you say you were into it in the past
Re: Is Zodiac Sign A Criteria For Dating ? by Arsenalholic(m): 11:08pm On Jun 26, 2016
She brought out her phone to check your 'compatability' status with a pre-installed app? shocked Her life must be really boring.

These ladies never cease to amaze.
Re: Is Zodiac Sign A Criteria For Dating ? by Narcissist: 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
I really don't think it's a criteria
Re: Is Zodiac Sign A Criteria For Dating ? by foolinlove(f): 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
No. Love is the only criteria. Everything grows from love and respect.
Re: Is Zodiac Sign A Criteria For Dating ? by ThreeGEEKS(m): 6:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
PunkyV:

Quick question? What do you think of a Pisces & Pisces match
Re: Is Zodiac Sign A Criteria For Dating ? by PunkyV(f): 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
ThreeGEEKS:

Quick question? What do you think of a Pisces & Pisces match

Same signs are obviously a good match but there's such a thing as being too alike. May lack va va voom in the long run. As a pisces, scorpio & cancer are your best matches because there's understanding there.

TBH, I'd never date a person of the same sign as me. The negatives that I know about my sign would put me off.

(1) (Reply)

France Vs Iceland. All Iceland Player's Name End With 'son' / Whose Lips Is Sexier / If Sex Is All Gals Give in a reationship Then I've No Complain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.