Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential (91241 Views)

State Viability Index: Full list from Economic Confidential - Vanguard / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index / Internally Generated Revenue: State Governors Target N1.1 Trillion IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by kaypound(m): 2:46am On Jun 27, 2016
Ekiti the only black sheep in the west.
Thanks to Ayo Fayose the agbero turned governor.
Some fools will blame buhari for the incompetence of their governor as if they didn't vote him or her themselves.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by donbenie(m): 4:23am On Jun 27, 2016
nextstep:

What are you talking about? Anambra generated N14.793bn and received N63.65nb, for an IRG/FED ratio of 23%. It doesn't generate oil revenue (as you say), has a lot of trade, yet is highly dependent on the federal government. It's revenue of N14.793bn is towards the lower end of the spectrum.
From the table there,Anambra has the EIGHT highest IGR,what exactly is your definition of lower end of the spectrum?

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by RaptorX: 4:36am On Jun 27, 2016
folem:
The North has more of the population that makes Nigerians boastful and their women are making more babies I.e. 7 babies per woman in her lifetime on the average as against 4 babies per woman in the South.
And how is having almajiri children all over the place beneficial to Nigeria.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by SeanDada1(m): 4:39am On Jun 27, 2016
[s]
molydonhenry:
Thank God 4 my state delta, for my resident state rivers and for my wife's state Anambra
[/s]
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by donbenie(m): 4:42am On Jun 27, 2016
folem:
The North has more of the population that makes Nigerians boastful and their women are making more babies I.e. 7 babies per woman in her lifetime on the average as against 4 babies per woman in the South.
So,in other words,the North's investment is in mass production of Al Majiris..#SMH
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by safetyInspector(m): 6:59am On Jun 27, 2016
Zico5:
See some misguided fellows above me blaming Buhari for their woes. Forgetting their main problem is their fellow tribesmen and women who enjoy massive looting under Gej. They will continue to lament unabated cos that is their food and water. They will never reason where matter cos corruption, fraud and embezzlement are their glory.
What have past government's looting get to do with states IGR? The state government has to be blamed for not doing enough to generate revenue.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Apreal: 7:01am On Jun 27, 2016
vedaxcool:

Cutting kpomo can never be a substitute for good governance.

Rich governor and a poor state,

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by asha90: 7:18am On Jun 27, 2016
Orange Drugs has one of his biggest companies/manufacturing plants at Harbour Industrial estates in Onitsha. I also know about his mansion somewhere inside Onitsha GRA. He is still thinking home in my own estimation by the above. Wherever in the East he finds conducive is his home to invest and build his residential mansion. cool

legendte:
some useless Igbos from Imo go come blame Rochas when their father go build houses for lagos and pay tax to them. look at orange drugs, he has no single property in Imo.
think home my people
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Mpanyi: 7:24am On Jun 27, 2016
Sealeddeal:
You're minding the criminal Governors? They will get 30billion and declare 14billion.

Do you guys really know what you are talking. Enugu has many federal civil servants and their income tax alone, not minding other sources of IGR, may match IGR of other states you are talking about.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Raydos: 7:26am On Jun 27, 2016
oh My God, Few Years Back, Ogun Was On Number "25" And She Has Moved At An Amazing Pace To Number "4" - I Must Commend Amosun For This Great Achievement --- Rivers State Should WaTchOuT, Because Ogun State Is Ready To Hijack Number "2"From Her Soon, Probably Next Year Or Before This Year Runs Out - "MY PREDICTION""

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by asha90: 7:27am On Jun 27, 2016
What he meant by being the richest state is because Anambra has the highest number of millionaires/billionaires in Nigeria.

john650:

How can you be the richest state in the nation and your number 8 on the list? How you dey take count your own? With that said, number 8 is not bad considering the states at the bottom of the list.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by HeGeMon(m): 7:29am On Jun 27, 2016
All these analysis about poor or rich states are just not correct, there is no state in Nigeria that doesn't have an international money spinner, we are still underutilized, underdeveloped & under sourced, God bless the day that Full fiscal federalism will take effect in this country, the Top richest states will be Kogi, Nassarawa & Plateau states because of the massive solid minerals, not talking about ondo state's bitumen or various mineral deposits lying in every other state in Nigeria. That is why when pple start talking out oil money or groundnut pyramid money, I just laff, because at the end of the day, even if Nigeria breaks up, nobody will loose, it will just be a wake up call to explore what is underneath the earth. I support Fiscal Federalism

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by udumosam23(m): 7:30am On Jun 27, 2016
StepTwo:

Obeten, so states don d get ministers?

Ayade has ministers o, some singing, some prophesying and others praying. He can be liken to the biblical Saul.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by asha90: 7:31am On Jun 27, 2016
Say what you know my friend. Anambra has introduced a POS payment system that wires the money directly to government banks. No more cash payment in the state. The state employed graduates for that purpose while the income tax is deducted from the source.

Anambra has the best tax collection system. The IGR will grow to over 2b/month by the end of the year. Remember the IGR grew from about 800m/month in 2014 to over 1.3b/month in 2015. It is the fastest IGR growing state in Nigeria.

AgricSalt:

How is he blabbing? To start with, Abambra has more markets than Enugu.

Why Enugu is topping is simply because of accountability. Enugu tax payers usually pay direct to through banks and consistently too. While in Anambra, touts collect taxes and remit what they like.

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by StepTwo: 7:36am On Jun 27, 2016
udumosam23:

Ayade has ministers o, some singing, some prophesying and others praying. He can be liken to the biblical Saul.

na wao, so how d ministers come d better d state now?
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by able20(m): 7:42am On Jun 27, 2016
The Northern States WHY??
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by ogene70: 8:00am On Jun 27, 2016
molydonhenry:
Thank God 4 my state delta, for my resident state rivers and for my wife's state Anambra

my brother, if I follow your sequence my will go thus; Thank God for my state and my wife's state Delta and thank God for my resident states Lagos and kano. ..got a itch for success grin
molydonhenry:

my brother, if I follow your sequence my will go thus; Thank God for my state and my wife's state Delta and thank God for my resident states Lagos and kano. ..got a itch for success
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by jjay28(m): 8:04am On Jun 27, 2016
investnow2013:
Lalasticlala see the Igr!!!!
Must u mention lalasticlala? Abeg get a life!
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 27, 2016
vedaxcool:

Cutting kpomo can never be a substitute for good governance.
Hahaaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by stansaintly(m): 8:22am On Jun 27, 2016
Proudly Ebonyian. Against all odds, we've never taken bottom position. Vividly check those states that were created same time with Ebonyi and you will be forced to say something positive.

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by frenzydaniel1(m): 8:22am On Jun 27, 2016
investnow2013:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/red-alert-15-states-may-go-bankrupt-report/

so ogun state rich and dat chicken brain called Amosun dey hold my malle and palle money for hand?

Pls anybody knws whr dey sell BASUKA?
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by ukemeramat(m): 8:58am On Jun 27, 2016
investnow2013:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/red-alert-15-states-may-go-bankrupt-report/
Northern states are just burdens to this nation yet there lousiness and hypocrisy is just so alarming!
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by southernbelle(f): 9:15am On Jun 27, 2016
datigbogirl:

I wonder what they have un Edo state that makes them generate such amount of money... Abi na winch?

Please shut up undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Zico5(m): 9:51am On Jun 27, 2016
VERDA:

I don't understand what your saying,from the statistics above most of the south south states are doing very well,almost all of them in top 10, so....and we are talking about IGR.
So it is good for ur tribesmen to continue to blame Buhari for their woes whenever any issue crop up.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by emmysoftyou: 10:03am On Jun 27, 2016
Emancipation:
There is no reason why Abia and Anambra shouldnt be ahead of Enugu. Abosulutely none. Even small ebonyi state is flexing hard.
bro, no be by market size o, there are much company and investment in Enugu state just like Lagos. this company is not one man investment o, it s group of companies. Enugu remain top and they don't boast.

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by A1Round: 10:16am On Jun 27, 2016
as it been like that from the beginning?
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by MrEverest(m): 10:42am On Jun 27, 2016
EteEdoho:
North,to me is simply a dead heavy weight on the rest of us,sentiment aside!.

Imagine amidst the 19 northern states,its only Kano that beat the rubicon of bankrupt states,the rest 18 are as good as dead?.

Despite haven sapped the better part of our national life,by ruling more than 39yrs out of our 50+years of our nationhood,north has continued to remain a wicked parasite on the rest of us,more reason a call for true federalism or outright division,to them it's an invitation for. Truly i do understand,but i av' got to be blunt,it's time to cut down any tree that isn't bearing fruht!.

Therefore,still on the spirit of #BREXIT,i say let #BIAFREXIT be maintained,and the tempo hightened.

I AM VOTING OUT!.
Now you see why the parasitic North will rather perish in war than see Nigeria divided! they are wretched & have been living off the South since 1960!! The South would have developed so much if not for those parasites!! I support Biafrexit.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by VERDA: 10:43am On Jun 27, 2016
Zico5:

So tell me my ur tribesmen continue to blame Buhari for their woes whenever any issue crop up.

I don't remember telling where I am from,but it is of course typical for you lots to assume someone must be from a certain region because he criticizes Buhari,however constructive the criticism .YOU SEE YOUR LIFE!!!!.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by asha90: 10:52am On Jun 27, 2016
Donatus Okpara the slum dweller what is your take on the status of Imo your state?

emmysoftyou:
bro, no be by market size o, there are much company and investment in Enugu state just like Lagos. this company is not one man investment o, it s group of companies. Enugu remain top and they don't boast.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by MrEverest(m): 11:05am On Jun 27, 2016
Onenaira600:
I'm not even going to say anything. I'm not even going to say anything.

But I see people who told us they have the biggest IGR in south ranking lower than both SS and SE states.

As for Imo state, they seriously need to kick other rochas. Seriously
True talk, indeed Rochas has finished us in Imo state. Imagine a state like Imo that should be competing with the likes of Enugu & Anambra now in the league of Northern states!! Its not even as if we dont pay tax in Imo, rather there are different gangs of people under fictitious names but with connections that go about harrasing citizens to pay taxes that are never remitted to government coffers. This is an embarrassment for us to be in the league of Northern states!!!
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by omozu1(m): 11:49am On Jun 27, 2016
God bless osohbaba for me
we Edo people are proud of you
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by datigbogirl: 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
southernbelle:

Please shut up undecided undecided

Who's ds imbeecile

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Police Teargas Davido At PDP Presidential Convention In Port Harcourt / See What Boko Haram Did To Cattle After Poisoning Water Sources In Borno..photos / Goodluck Jonathan At Heathrow In London Without The Bowler Hat (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.