Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential (91238 Views)

State Viability Index: Full list from Economic Confidential - Vanguard / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index / Internally Generated Revenue: State Governors Target N1.1 Trillion IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by lexiyandra(f): 1:00pm On Jun 27, 2016
I your useless illiterate perverse mind having more babies is a good thing. it is people like you that will be the downfall of this country. population explosion is very bad especially as we dont have the resources to take care of all these babies being born

folem:
The North has more of the population that makes Nigerians boastful and their women are making more babies i.e. 7 babies per woman in her lifetime on the average as against 4 babies per woman in the South.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by BabaArmstrong(m): 1:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
brunofarad:
ANAMBRA,
Doing good against all odds...

Agu nwanne welcome

Proudly Nwa anambra

If you check my PROFILE PIC
I CANNOT guarantee your next Action
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
asha90:
Say what you know my friend. Anambra has introduced a POS payment system that wires the money directly to government banks. No more cash payment in the state. The state employed graduates for that purpose while the income tax is deducted from the source.

Anambra has the best tax collection system. The IGR will grow to over 2b/month by the end of the year. Remember the IGR grew from about 800m/month in 2014 to over 1.3b/month in 2015. It is the fastest IGR growing state in Nigeria.

Thank you for the info
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by Babalegba(m): 3:06pm On Jun 27, 2016
folem:
The North has more of the population that makes Nigerians boastful and their women are making more babies i.e. 7 babies per woman in her lifetime on the average as against 4 babies per woman in the South.
Did you really write that nonsense, there is nothing to boast of in an illiterate almajiri population, the end result will be social and security problems ,armed robbery ,religious extremism,boko haram type sects and generally low quality standard of living.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by ishiamu(m): 5:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
suyamasta:
Haha bros no be only you o, i just like d beat and flow

he's voice is exactly like future's own
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by mapet: 10:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
HopeAtHand:

If Nigeria reverts to true fiscal federalism, i'd love to see what figures Lagos state will post.. and the figures for Rivers.

Sincerely, Rivers state has prospects. Only if Amaechi and Wike can keep politics aside and forge ahead, get our ports functional, deal with cultism and invest on Greater Port Harcourt (GPH), i see us getting closer to Lagos states IGR in a few years time.

Bros,

There's a saying that if all the money in the world is collected from the rich and distributed equally to all, in 2 hrs the money will find its way back to the original owners (the rich).........

You guys get a wrong impression about Lagos. Lagos you see today was planned and have been blessed with people with greater capacity and capital than mere tangibles......

You see Ambo de signing MOUs of big ticket investments, you think investors' opinions were formed simply because Lagos was formal capital? Some of you can never get it........
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by mapet: 10:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
HopeAtHand:

If Nigeria reverts to true fiscal federalism, i'd love to see what figures Lagos state will post.. and the figures for Rivers.

Sincerely, Rivers state has prospects. Only if Amaechi and Wike can keep politics aside and forge ahead, get our ports functional, deal with cultism and invest on Greater Port Harcourt (GPH), i see us getting closer to Lagos states IGR in a few years time.

Bros,

There's a saying that if all the money in the world is collected from the rich and distributed equally to all, in 2 hrs the money will find its way back to the original owners (the rich).........

You guys get a wrong impression about Lagos. Lagos you see today was planned and have been blessed with people with greater capacity and capital than mere tangibles......

You see Ambode signing MOUs of big ticket investments, you think investors' opinions were formed simply because Lagos was formal capital? Some of you can never get it........

1 Like

Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by WIZGUY69(m): 11:15pm On Jun 27, 2016
asha90:
Say what you know my friend. Anambra has introduced a POS payment system that wires the money directly to government banks. No more cash payment in the state. The state employed graduates for that purpose while the income tax is deducted from the source.

Anambra has the best tax collection system. The IGR will grow to over 2b/month by the end of the year. Remember the IGR grew from about 800m/month in 2014 to over 1.3b/month in 2015. It is the fastest IGR growing state in Nigeria.

God! See lie with confidence grin
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by HopeAtHand: 8:29am On Jun 28, 2016
mapet:

Bros,

You see Ambo de signing MOUs of big ticket investments, you think investors' opinions were formed simply because Lagos was formal capital? Some of you can never get it........

Rivers state, though with its smaller population shouldn't be so far behind lagos in IGR. This is a state blessed with abundant oil and gas, have two of nigerias four refineries, a petrochemical plant, Nigeria LNG plant, seaports and railway terminal. All these have been in existence for decades.

The Nigerian culture of neglect (some may argue its tribalism) has left Rivers ports and rail terminal moribund. Let our seaports and the railway services btwn Rivers and Neighbouring state be functional as see our IGR figures doubled.

If a true fiscal federalism is achieved for states, Lagos will lag behind Rivers. Nothing exceptional with Lagos leaders because you can have tall dreams but without funds you cannot achieve it.
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by kwyllancy: 9:57am On Jun 28, 2016
mysticgal:

Give reasons for your opinion or I'd think you are just blabbing. Small ebonyi state. Smh undecided

NO MIND AM, SO THEM GO DEY CALL "EBONYI SMALL", WATER GO DEY CARRY THEM GO!!! undecided
Re: IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential by mapet: 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Rivers state, though with its smaller population shouldn't be so far behind lagos in IGR. This is a state blessed with abundant oil and gas, have two of nigerias four refineries, a petrochemical plant, Nigeria LNG plant, seaports and railway terminal. All these have been in existence for decades.

The Nigerian culture of neglect (some may argue its tribalism) has left Rivers ports and rail terminal moribund. Let our seaports and the railway services btwn Rivers and Neighbouring state be functional as see our IGR figures doubled.

If a true fiscal federalism is achieved for states, Lagos will lag behind Rivers. Nothing exceptional with Lagos leaders because you can have tall dreams but without funds you cannot achieve it.

I believe it's more than neglect. It is share laziness due to the oil rent. As far as 10yrs ago, people like Pat Utomi, Prof. Soludo and Bismark Rewane had sounded the alarm that many states were living on the knife edge. Lagos today is living off the factor of the creativity and ingenuity of the leaders than the assets. Lagos is thriving on simple things like enabling environment, friendly ambience and investment in security. Lagos keep creating avenues for IGR by improving the society.

Why do you think Fowler is selected the chairman of FIRS. These are guys that can creatively pursue revenue with brutal efficiency.

Can Rivers do same? Absolutely. They simply need to do what Lagos does and be better. Rivers need to steam the tide of insecurity. NDA boys are demanding that oil coys should relocate their HQs to Niger Delta. That was a demand that was acceeded to few years ago. Shell, Total, Agip etc all moved their HQs. What were they "rewarded" with? Kidnapping. Today Agip is in Abuja, Total is technically back to Lagos, Shell is technically not in pH, Mobil and Chevron are rooted in Lagos and flies field workers by choppers.........

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Police Teargas Davido At PDP Presidential Convention In Port Harcourt / See What Boko Haram Did To Cattle After Poisoning Water Sources In Borno..photos / Goodluck Jonathan At Heathrow In London Without The Bowler Hat (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.