Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,045 members, 7,814,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari (20310 Views)

I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana / Troops Kill 18 Boko Haram Terrorists As They Avert Bandit Attack On Dansadau(pix / Police Declare State Of Emergency In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by viviangist: 8:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
Senator Saidu Dansadau said on Sunday that he had written to President Muhammadu Burahi asking him to declare a state of emergency in Zamfara State.

Dansadau, who addressed journalists in Abuja, said he listed various offences committed by the Zamfara State Governor, Abdulaziz Yari, in his letter to the President.

The Senate President, Bukola Saraki, and the Speaker, House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, were copied in the letter.

He urged Buhari and the nation’s parliament to invoke the necessary provisions of the Constitution which empowers them to declare state of emergence in the state, in the interest of peace and safety of the residents.

The letter read in part, “By Sections 4 (2) and 176 (2) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria the executive powers of a state are vested in the governor of that state.

“By Section 215 (4) of the Constitution, the governor is the chief security officer of the state. The Constitution envisages that to perform these onerous responsibilities, the governor is expected to be resident in the state and give his full attention to the governance of the state.

“I wish to bring to the attention of Mr. President that since the incumbency of the Governor of Zamfara State, Alhaji Abdulaziz Yari Abubakar which began five years ago, public perception is that the Governor has spent only about 20 per cent of that whole period in Zamfara State.

“He had utilised the other 80 percent junketing from one part of the country to the other and shuttling around the globe. All matters of State that require action are kept waiting until he returns to the State.

“Consequently, intelligence and security reports are kept in abeyance. For instance, at a period, out of 60 straight days, the governor spent only two days in Zamfara State.”

He said as a result, there are increasing threats to public order in the state with hundreds killed.

“If the killings in the remaining 23 State Constituencies in the state are added, the total number of lives lost can better be imagined. All these losses would have been averted were the Governor alive to his constitutional responsibilities,” he added.

He said anything short of anything short of a state of emergency would “turn the thick forest between the southern border of Zamfara State with Katsina, Kaduna, Niger and Kebbi States into a national park of criminals and killers, worse than what the nation has ever witnessed before”.

The state governor could not be immediately reached for comments. The Commissioner for Information, Mr. Umar Jibo, did not pick his call or respond to a text message sent to him.

Source http://punchng.com/senator-asks-buhari-to-declare-state-of-emergency-in-zamfara/

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by viviangist: 8:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
Na .... Buhari ... #Change

Back on http://viviangist.com

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 8:31pm On Jun 26, 2016
So the man is also a junketer like mumu-ibn-hari

Is Zamfara any different from Benue, Other parts of the north and some parts of the south??
Dullardeen should also declare state of emergency in other aspects of governance.

Security - F9
Economy - F9
Witch-hunting A1
Dullness and slowness - A1

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by Arian11(m): 8:32pm On Jun 26, 2016
In 60 days you only spent 2 days in office ...him and buhari I don't even know who travelled the most

Edit

The guy above me has said it all

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by Taeewo(m): 9:11pm On Jun 26, 2016
Viviangist, u r back.... Ur blog don't make FP again... WHY?
Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by molydonhenry(m): 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
Taeewo:
Viviangist, u r back.... Ur blog don't make FP again... WHY?
she was concentrating on the zoo

1 Like

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by Almaiga: 9:28pm On Jun 26, 2016
I like this Senator for not been an A^s licker to a Governor, like his other colleagues.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by SageTravels: 9:01am On Jun 27, 2016
On behalf of President Buhari. sagetravels.com hereby declare State of Emergency in Zamfara State.

Thank you.

But on a very serious note for a governor to spend 2 days in office out of 60 days is not good Na. Haba

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by veekid(m): 9:01am On Jun 27, 2016
Buhari is a goner

2 Likes

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by Docspero: 9:02am On Jun 27, 2016
They want to play nonsense politics again

1 Like

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by truthspeaks: 9:02am On Jun 27, 2016
To declare state of emergency for same offence buhari is committing - junketing? grin cheesy. Dis senator no tink am well

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by BUSHHUNTER: 9:02am On Jun 27, 2016
Wetin concern Nigeria with Zamfara nagrin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 27, 2016
are u sure the junketeer governor is not the person helping the presido book his hotel room any where he goes, because I can't but wonder.

anyways bird of same feather.........

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by MadCow1: 9:04am On Jun 27, 2016
Is Zamfara State still in Nigeria? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by Beehshorp(m): 9:05am On Jun 27, 2016
Yet zombies would open dem mawt and say buhari's govt is the best thing dat has ever happened to Nigeria.. Chai.. No wonder Nigeria no dey move forward I av seen dat majority of Nigerians which are the zombies don't av common sense...
My only happiness is dat dis change is changing all of us.. Kai buhari!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 27, 2016
MadCow1:
Actually it is in Mali cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by Pavore9: 9:05am On Jun 27, 2016
veekid:
Buhari is a goner

While you show the world your difficulty with comprehension.

3 Likes

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by tolexy007(m): 9:07am On Jun 27, 2016
Waoo! so Zamafara still dey in side this country, that is amazing, is being long wen I hear that state last Not like Ekiti which happen to b the most Popular state now in the Whole Nigeria.....lolz.

2 Likes

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by Ptoocool(m): 9:08am On Jun 27, 2016
I knw Buhari won't like this. This man must be speaking in proverbs.

Based on the aforementioned reason, he's clearly implying we should as well declare a "country of emergency"

Kai walai, PMB wont like dis,,

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by Femich18(m): 9:09am On Jun 27, 2016
MadCow1:
Lol...shoro niyen...we no even dey hear some state for news at all...If no be say a friend serve dre I for no know say nah Nigeria dem still dey...

1 Like

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by Pyno30: 9:10am On Jun 27, 2016
Ok. I will be back when Buhari had finally done that.

1 Like

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by dayoungmoney1: 9:10am On Jun 27, 2016
#WeNeedReferendum

1 Like

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by lovat(m): 9:10am On Jun 27, 2016
Let's face it, these are the states that my company earnings are more than their IGR but the governors don't care because they know that the FG will share money by month end.

We need federalism to make some States to develop at their own pace.

Thumbs down for Mr Daft and his northern APC states

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by ORACLE1975(m): 9:10am On Jun 27, 2016
grin angry
Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by lovat(m): 9:11am On Jun 27, 2016
Buhari will be lije:

What rubbish just because of travelling
Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by Pyno30: 9:11am On Jun 27, 2016
BUSHHUNTER:
Lolz. Honestly i don't know Zamfara is part of Nigeria sef.

2 Likes

Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by jieta: 9:12am On Jun 27, 2016
g
Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by phemmyutd(m): 9:13am On Jun 27, 2016
Beehshorp:
Yet zombies would open dem mawt and say buhari's govt is the best thing dat has ever happened to Nigeria.. Chai.. No wonder Nigeria no dey move forward I av seen dat majority of Nigerians which are the zombies don't av common sense...
My only happiness is dat dis change is changing all of us.. Kai buhari!!

Bros are u in anyway alright?

The Governor is in his 5th year as governor of the state.

Was Buhari his president during his first tenor where he did not attend to his people

It seems Buhari is pursuing you in your dream and you might even die b4 that old man if you don't take care of ur BP because of Buhari
Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by clevadani: 9:14am On Jun 27, 2016
Ok
Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by Isoni(m): 9:14am On Jun 27, 2016
Battle of the junketeers...
Re: Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari by lionduke(m): 9:15am On Jun 27, 2016
BUSHHUNTER:
My brother, perennial parasites. ..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) / Fuel Scarcity Will Ease Off Next Week, Kyari Assures Nigerians / Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.