Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,030 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana (17596 Views)

I Never Asked Buhari Not To Contest In 2019 – obasanjo / Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari / Question Niger-Delta Avengers Asked Buhari And Northern Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by deantimes(m): 1:35am On Jul 09, 2016
HUMAN rights lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), has denied speculation in some sections of the media that he called on President Muhammadu Buhari to declare state of emergency in Ekiti and also lock up Governor Ayodele Fayose.

An online news portal had quoted the legal luminary to have urged the Federal Government to declare state of emergency in Ekiti State if Governor Ayodele Fayose refuses to resign.

“Gov. Fayose should be stripped of the immunity he is currently enjoying by declaring state of emergency in Ekiti, then arrest him to face trial for corruption.” he was quoted by the news portal to have said during an interactive session with some selected students of Nigerian Law School in Abuja on Thursday 7 July, 2016.

But reacting, Falana in a text message to MEZIE TIMES denied making such a call.

“I never made such a call” he said.

He also denied being in Abuja on Thursday.

“I was in Lagos throughout the Ramadan holiday which ended on July 7, 2016. So I couldn't have been in Abuja addressing law students while I was in Lagos.”

He restated his position on emergency rule in a democratic setting.

MEZIE TIMES recalls Mr. Falana had in 2014 reacted to a call by a First Republic minister and prominent Ijaw leader, Chief Edwin Clark, to remove the governors of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states, on the account of subsisting emergency rule in the states.

“As Nigeria has successfully replaced autocracy with democracy all actions of the government have to be conducted in strict compliance with the tenets of the rule of law.

“In view of the clear provision of the Constitution on the vexed issue of a state of emergency I am compelled to urge the President to ignore the illegal and unconstitutional call for the removal of the governors of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states.” he had said while reacting to the call by the Ijaw leader.

Mr. Clark had been quoted to have said that, “There is nothing like partial declaration of a state of emergency in the 1999 Constitution; what section 305 (c) of the Constitution contemplates is the recourse to ‘extraordinary measures to restore peace’ and security where there is a breakdown of public order and public safety.

“This in effect means that all democratic institution should be suspended to permit the military exercise full control until peace and order returns”.

But Falana reacted stating that nothing in section 305 of the constitution referred to by Clark empowered the President to suspend democratic institutions in a state under emergency rule.

Falana said, “With profound respect to the elder statesman, Section 305 of the Constitution which empowers the President to declare a state of emergency in any part of the country does not make any provision, expressly or impliedly, for the removal of elected democratic structures.

“In other words, the power of the President, to take ‘extraordinary measures to restore peace and security’ under a state of emergency does not include the removal of elected public officers or the dissolution of democratic structures.

“In any case, state governors cannot be held vicariously liable for the inability of the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces to stem the rising wave of insurgency in the country.”

http://.com/i-never-asked-buhari-to-declare-state-of-emergency-in-ekiti-lock-up-fayose-falana/

3 Likes

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by Nobody: 1:40am On Jul 09, 2016

http://.com/i-never-asked-buhari-to-declare-state-of-emergency-in-ekiti-lock-up-fayose-falana/
Season of denials and counter-denials
wait....wait.... I just made FTC on FP......i dedicate this to all the Hailing Hailers a.k.a ZOMBIES

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by Lilprincey(m): 1:42am On Jul 09, 2016
Who's saying the truth here? Why is Falana coming out now to reject the accusation that he made the call?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by deantimes(m): 1:43am On Jul 09, 2016
Lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by mrbillz(m): 1:45am On Jul 09, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by Daywalker1: 1:56am On Jul 09, 2016
why is it that no body want to take responsibility?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by tit(f): 2:31am On Jul 09, 2016
vagabond lawyer,
he never begin.
him go soon deny himsef

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by TANTUMERGO007(m): 2:36am On Jul 09, 2016
FALANA needs a brain transplant

35 Likes

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by Samtob90(m): 2:45am On Jul 09, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
FALANA needs a brain transplant

Go enrol in a secondary school to learn reading and understanding of a passage and how to provide answers to it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by BabaAlabi: 3:05am On Jul 09, 2016
Often times people celebrated as legends turn out to be disappointments. This garrulous and loquacious dolphin-mouth lawyer is a shining example.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by ORACLE1975(m): 3:48am On Jul 09, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by JossyOloye(m): 4:05am On Jul 09, 2016
this illiterate apc scum head lawyer should just keep his mouth shut... rubbish talk every time.. no progressive statement thats in alignment with the current situation, nonsense

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by Benjom(m): 5:44am On Jul 09, 2016
He needs to tread softly. Getting on people's nerves everytime ain't good.

Do you need a free CV grader to know if your CV is ATS compliant?
www..com/free-cv-grader/

12 Likes

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by Vendoor(f): 5:55am On Jul 09, 2016
Thought as much... Lie Lie everywhere

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by SeverusSnape(m): 6:03am On Jul 09, 2016
Vendoor:
smiley
Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by lovedatruth(m): 6:41am On Jul 09, 2016
Believe every news on Nairaland at ur own risk.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by Redoil: 6:57am On Jul 09, 2016
Vendoor:
you this vendor what do you sell
Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by otukpo(f): 7:01am On Jul 09, 2016
Falana is gradually becoming a garbage.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by Vendoor(f): 7:03am On Jul 09, 2016
Redoil:
you this vendor what do you sell
Check my signature cheesy
Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by FagsamPHP(m): 7:04am On Jul 09, 2016
k
Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by Firefire(m): 7:05am On Jul 09, 2016
JossyOloye:
this illiterate apc scum head lawyer should just keep his mouth shut... rubbish talk every time.. no progressive statement thats in alignment with the current situation, nonsense

Falana is a disgrace to Human Right lawyers world-wide.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by Redoil: 7:11am On Jul 09, 2016
Vendoor:

Check my signature cheesy
ok why not add redo.il to it
Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 09, 2016
This is how Falana will turn himself into an object of mockery

I never knew how fake this man is till recently.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by veekid(m): 8:11am On Jul 09, 2016
Who is Falana

3 Likes

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by Tonnierichy(m): 8:11am On Jul 09, 2016
I don't see anything wrong with it anyways.

That Fayose, that thug, has brought that state to her knees.

The state is kneeling and weeping...
Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by IllegalMoney: 8:11am On Jul 09, 2016
[size=13pt]

grin grin grin

Fear catch the zombie lawyer called Falana

But u Mr Falana also said Fayose is not covered by Absolute immunity
Thunder fire ur generation Mr Falana, for bringing the law profession to ridicule
[/size]

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by KenModi(m): 8:11am On Jul 09, 2016
Nigerian bloggers and lies are...

2 Likes

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by allanphash7(m): 8:12am On Jul 09, 2016
Vagabond lawyer ?

How would you feel if your dad is addressed that way?
tit:
vagabond lawyer,
he never begin.
him go soon deny himsef

2 Likes

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by ychris: 8:13am On Jul 09, 2016
they're just finding a way to oust/remove faryoursay.only god can save him thoe. Buh btw i thnk the man is loved by his people nw..so what's the fuss all 'bout
Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by Pascal181: 8:14am On Jul 09, 2016
Yorubas eeh! Used and dump pipu since 1904. Maybe he tink buhari will appoint him as CJN.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana by todayboy: 8:15am On Jul 09, 2016
Falana is a disgrace to legal profession

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role / My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha / Stephen Ntukekpo, APC Chairman Should Be Charged For Forgery – Police Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.