Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,300 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? (64139 Views)

Muiz Adebiyi, Nigerian Who Married Old Oyinbo: She's Better Than Nigerian Ladies / Tutsi Women Cheating When Married To Hutu Men Is Culturally Codified! / Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by MrCork: 6:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
halfricanadian:

Not everyone eats wen depressed food is a factor to gaining weight nd lack of exercise

..so why are u fat? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by halfricanadian(f): 6:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
MrCork:

why are u fat? undecided

Cos i like to float in d air wen im walking

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by liljboy(m): 6:57pm On Jun 28, 2016

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by liljboy(m): 7:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
Vivos:
Not that they are lazy per se,85% of african women only little or no time for themselves,they dedicate their time to their children and husband.the cooking,the laundry and cleaning work them out,the little time they get,they put into movies. They should spend at least ten mins working out at home, if not for anything,to stay fit and healthy. smileyNot that they are lazy per se,85% of african women only little or no time for themselves,they dedicate their time to their children and husband.the cooking,the laundry and cleaning work them out,the little time they get,they put into movies. They should spend at least ten mins working out at home, if not for anything,to stay fit and healthy.
all these are rigorous work, so why are they not burning fat?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by sinaj(f): 7:09pm On Jun 28, 2016
tomquest:

Oh yes some men gain weight and pot belly. That's a topic for another thread (probably there's a thread on NL which explores the subject).

Talking about pregnancy, do you think that the weight gain during the process is irreversible? I could mention well known Nigerian ladies who are still in a fantastic shape even after putting to bed.

From my own little observation, too much food coupled with lack of exercise is the biggest contributor.
lemme tell u something,

Ur stature contributes to it.

There are some persons that has this hidden fat in them(i cnt remember what it's called) they have the tendency to get fat.

And that tendency can be triggered by their environment, which could be food and some persons childbirth.

Now some women are naturally slim, evn after childbirth, their slim is still intact.

Why some get fat after childbirth.

I also learnt that girls that put to birth very early, btwn 16-24 easily go back to shape after child birth.

It happens naturally (av also noticed it too)

Don't be decieved by celebrities. Most of them do liposuction after child birth to keep in shape.

Exercise also helps in keeping back to shape, but it's not magic. It works over a lng period of time.

Beside everybdy's body is nt d same.

While it works for some persons, it doesn't for others.

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by liljboy(m): 7:12pm On Jun 28, 2016
tomquest:

Oh yes some men gain weight and pot belly. That's a topic for another thread (probably there's a thread on NL which explores the subject).

Talking about pregnancy, do you think that the weight gain during the process is irreversible? I could mention well known Nigerian ladies who are still in a fantastic shape even after putting to bed.

From my own little observation, too much food coupled with lack of exercise is the biggest contributor.
MY BROTHER, THE THING IS THAT 95% OF NIGERIAN WOMEN SEE 'getting married' AS THE BEST ACHIEVEMENT, AND WHEN THEY GET MARRIED THEY FEEL THEY HAVE FINALLY WON THE WAR, FORGETTING THAT YOU HAVE TO DO THINGS THAT WILL STILL HAVE YOUR HUSBAND'S EYES GLUED TO YOU..... SOME WILL LEAVE THEY WAY THEY MAKE UP, DRESS, THINGS THEY SAY OR DO THAT WILL HAVE THE MAN RUNNING TO HER ARMS.... TRY AND BE FREAKY AT TIMES, it doesn't make you a slut for Christ's sake... WEAR SOMETHING SEXY IF YOU KNOW IT'S ABOUT TIME HE'LL BE HOME, OR SNAP AND SEND A somewhat NAUGHTY PIC TO HIM WHILE STILL AT THE OFFICE, he's your husband, WHEN YOU DON'T SPICE THINGS UP LIKE THIS, ALL THESE HOES WILL DO IT FOR YOU.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Cherlene(f): 7:19pm On Jun 28, 2016
Oyind17:
Mtcheeeeeew

Oyin, you no AGREE with OP

Cherlene
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by MissRike(f): 7:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
tomquest:

Lol MissRike does that explain why the husbands stay trim while wives blow out of shape? So much about protein supplements!

Hahahahahahaha.......not really but in some cases, you see some men blow out of shape after marriage too and that's because of their wives' delicacies.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by tomquest: 9:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
MissRike:

Hahahahahahaha.......not really but in some cases, you see some men blow out of shape after marriage too and that's because of their wives' delicacies.

Ok "delicacies" hmmm. But shey you know that the male aspect of the matter is a topic for another day?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by MissRike(f): 9:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
tomquest:

Ok "delicacies" hmmm. But shey you know that the male aspect of the matter is a topic for another day?

Sure........ I'm seriously waiting!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by tomquest: 9:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
MissRike:

Sure........ I'm seriously waiting!

Sounds good. But you know it won't be an interesting topic because it's not really widespread as the case of our blessed womenfolk?

Btw you joined NL today ni? Or just a new moniker?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by potbelly(m): 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2016
no p bruv... smiley
falconey:

sorry boss
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by tomquest: 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2016
Cherlene:

Oyin, you no AGREE with OP
Cherlene

I tire o, e be like say she dey on the "large" side of the divide.

Oyind17 abeg o no pun intended o. And I'm not generalizing.

Cc oyind17
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Lilimax(f): 10:13pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ife eriri eri smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by iykedare(m): 10:13pm On Jun 28, 2016
Some naija women are extremely lazy. They get fat because they think their husbands will be glued to them because of some God damn rings.

No woman will get fat in my house. Getting fat is same as not getting taking your hygiene serious. For Christ sake,what will it cost you to take care of your bodies the way you take care of your faces?

Rather than spend thousands to buy apparels to cover shapeless bodies,spend a fraction of that and work out.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by dabimzy(f): 10:14pm On Jun 28, 2016
Thank you so much, you took it out of my mouth.
sinaj:
Average Nigerian women don't keep nanny. They wake up by 5a.m, dress up d kids nd also leave for work.

They rush back hme after work, to get d kids nd also prepare dinner.
Some of them also work on saturdays.
Nd d routine continues.

Instead of u to appreciate them, u here complaining abt their weight gain.

Pregnancy also change their body too, nd contribute to d weight gain.

The posters above calling women lazy might be typing with their pot belly resting on their laps undecided

Now Mr op, can u also explain why some men gain weight nd pot belly after marriage
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by sukkot: 10:15pm On Jun 28, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by blackjack21(m): 10:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
tomquest:
I met some former colleagues of mine whom I'd seen about 6 years ago. Believe me, while I was able to recognize all the guys, it was a Herculean task identifying all the ladies, most of whom I knew to be slim/trim/curvy and unmarried then. Almost all of these once-slim ladies are now looking big and fat and absolutely less plummy than they used to be.

Why is it hard for MANY married ladies to stay trim and sexy? Is marriage a "breakthrough from hunger" or what? And why do they express shock when their husbands go after trim and shapely ladies outside? Is it that they didn't know that men are typically motivated by sensual sights?

I've seen a lot of ladies in their 30s who are so lazy to even take a 20 minutes walk in a week, at least just to exercise and burn some fat. Let's not even mention going to the gym. They drive or board okada all their lives. And when they eat, you'd ve amazed at the amount of calories they consume!

Are this category of ladies aware that the game is becoming dangerously tighter because "oga" is constantly inundated with young, trim, energetic and sexy girls on a daily basis; while his own wife keeps growing fat and out of shape and looking like his mother? Guys, do you like your wife looking like she's your mum?
because maga don pay.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Certifiedbillio(m): 10:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
MissRike:
It's basically coz of child birth moreover, they're enjoying the proteinous mixtures of their husbands' hmmm.....you know

I'm MissRike
something like that, no more CDs
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by emmy85: 10:18pm On Jun 28, 2016
Over eating, not eating balance diet and lack of exercise due to laziness are some of the reasons for gaining unhealthy weight.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by tomquest: 10:18pm On Jun 28, 2016
liljboy:
MY BROTHER, THE THING IS THAT 95% OF NIGERIAN WOMEN SEE 'getting married' AS THE BEST ACHIEVEMENT, AND WHEN THEY GET MARRIED THEY FEEL THEY HAVE FINALLY WON THE WAR, FORGETTING THAT YOU HAVE TO DO THINGS THAT WILL STILL HAVE YOUR HUSBAND'S EYES GLUED TO YOU..... SOME WILL LEAVE THEY WAY THEY MAKE UP, DRESS, THINGS THEY SAY OR DO THAT WILL HAVE THE MAN RUNNING TO HER ARMS.... TRY AND BE FREAKY AT TIMES, it doesn't make you a slut for Christ's sake... WEAR SOMETHING SEXY IF YOU KNOW IT'S ABOUT TIME HE'LL BE HOME, OR SNAP AND SEND A somewhat NAUGHTY PIC TO HIM WHILE STILL AT THE OFFICE, he's your husband, WHEN YOU DON'T SPICE THINGS UP LIKE THIS, ALL THESE HOES WILL DO IT FOR YOU.

All these things you've advised here would appear like trash to some ladies and by the time they realize themselves it's too late.

When a man begins to see his wife as a mother or older sister, be rest assured that he's found some shapely, vibrant seductress out there who's making his fantasies come true.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by doll912(f): 10:20pm On Jun 28, 2016
sinaj:
Average Nigerian women don't keep nanny. They wake up by 5a.m, dress up d kids nd also leave for work.

Nd d routine continues.

The posters above calling women lazy might be typing with their pot belly resting on their laps undecided

Now Mr op, can u also explain why some men gain weight nd pot belly after marriage

The way God will bless you eh? It would look like you did money ritual. That's true talk. But women should try. At least
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Ugosample(m): 10:22pm On Jun 28, 2016
Not this topic again?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 28, 2016
The solution to this is to marry a professional athlete as well as building the habit of daily exercise; by the time your wife loses the zeal your actions would motivate her to pick it back and vice versa.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 28, 2016
Some people (men and women) just get comfortable and lazy. To be fair a lot of weight gain for ladies comes from having babies, what excuse do men have?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by martineverest(m): 10:25pm On Jun 28, 2016
*laziness:they all want househelps even when they are full-time housewives.

*Dey dont want to excercise: they all want okada drivers to drop dem inside their bedroom...

*Too much food

*they feel dat they are already married,so their dreams has been fulfiled

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by tomquest: 10:25pm On Jun 28, 2016
sinaj:
lemme tell u something,

Ur stature contributes to it.

There are some persons that has this hidden fat in them(i cnt remember what it's called) they have the tendency to get fat.

And that tendency can be triggered by their environment, which could be food and some persons childbirth.

Now some women are naturally slim, evn after childbirth, their slim is still intact.

Why some get fat after childbirth.

I also learnt that girls that put to birth very early, btwn 16-24 easily go back to shape after child birth.

It happens naturally (av also noticed it too)

Don't be decieved by celebrities. Most of them do liposuction after child birth to keep in shape.

Exercise also helps in keeping back to shape, but it's not magic. It works over a lng period of time.

Beside everybdy's body is nt d same.

While it works for some persons, it doesn't for others.

You've made a lot of sense.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by JustHere2Observ(f): 10:26pm On Jun 28, 2016
This is a typical thread for a man looking for an excuse to cheat on his wife. If only you know that growing fat is not the worst thing that could happen then you will understand marriage is more than just having a pretty wife with tight body.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Fash20: 10:27pm On Jun 28, 2016
sinaj:

Nd d routine continues.

guilty conscience don hold this Madame. I know you are among them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by tomquest: 10:27pm On Jun 28, 2016
martineverest:
*laziness:they all want househelps even when they are full-time housewives.

*Dey dont want to excercise: they all want okada drivers to drop dem inside their bedroom...

*Too much food

Serious matter.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by AngryNigerian(m): 10:27pm On Jun 28, 2016
MissRike:
It's basically coz of child birth moreover, they're enjoying the proteinous mixtures of their husbands' hmmm.....you know

I'm MissRike

Ooooooshi!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by hustler86(m): 10:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
Hmmmm.... Nice write up @Op, In my #opinion I think its because of the misinterpretation of the word 'Enjoyment' to an average african married women it means eat, drink and get fat like a pig till the poor dude start to call her 'mummy' cry and she call him daddy embarassed , while those sharp gals out there will call him 'baby' smiley, and he call them 'shorty' wink
Smh for all married women that falls withing the above.. Gabrielle union is married yet she looks ravishing, meagan good is married, she remains my crush, halle berry is married, I still wish for a one night stand with her, Dakore is married and I still take a 2nd look @her pics.. To all married women stop letting ur man call you mummy.. angry

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

See Advise Woman Received After She Caught Her Husband Assaulting Her Sister / Man Marries His Crush Of 6 Years, Then Grabs Her Butt - PICS / Wife Beats Husband Till He Faints After Catching Him In Bed With Another Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.