Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,424 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (75426 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2009
Eastbay:

Sauron,
No body is denying Berbatov's class/quality.
All we are saying as Mancs is he needs to score more.
This talk of second striker holds no water.
He scored 23 in the same season Robbie Keane had 20.Was he supporting then?I see no reason why he can't lead the line along with Rooney.

The way United play is different from the way SPURS play. . . . . .This is why we are the Champions and clubs like SPURS and Arsenal are the runts of the league. The main problem is Rooney - He is too selfless. He runs into positions he should be because he wants to do everyone's job.

"I want Rooney to play with his face to goal rather than his back to goal.
"You need one player more advanced and then the other can move around him."
His Old Trafford manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, feels that the self-sacrificing streak now runs too deep in Rooney.

As you can see, Fergie wants Rooney to be more advanced so that Berbatov can move around him.

If he can boast of 5 goals all season at the half-way point,we really are talking of a dud considering he was bought for 30 million quid.

In that half-way point, Berbatov has only started 11 games.
Name any other striker with 11 starts this season that has scored more league goals.

You bring up Valencia,nobody was really expecting that kind of impact from him,but despite his limitations,he's played far better than our man wearing the 9 jersey.
People like Andy Cole and Louis Saha in recent memory who wore that number for United certainly will be feeling like WFOTY in comparison to the sulking machine.

The number of jersey means nothing. . . . . .Stop thinking like illiterates like Debo who feels the numbers on jersies equates to a dedicated responsibility.
Gallas wears 10, is he a playmaker? Owen wears 7, is he a winger? Essien wears 5, is he a centre-half?
The fact that Berbatov wears 9 does not make him a poacher. Berbatov is a 2nd striker.

Valencia was bought for £16 million. . . . .He has played in the PREM for 3 seasons.
Of course, i expect him to have a sudden impact and i also expect him to know when to cross.
Rafael Da Silva can cross the ball better than Valencia which is a shame.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by A40(m): 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2009
Berbaslug na okrika. Na im type dem dey call gbajue for market and before peeps throw the 'he won the carling cup and EPL' line in ma face remember that if we had a roll call of Utd's key players that season Berbaslug would not make the list

@Ruudie
Are u Katt Williams in disguise? So u expect Sir Alex 'i'm always right' Ferguson to admit he blew 30mil on a kpanda like Berbaslug? When a 30mil striker is just about level on goals with Vermaelen and has scored less than Diaby then its only right we call a flop by his name
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2009
Krayola:

Calm down. Ronaldinho used to do stuff like that every other game. AT the rate he is going he may even get back in that kinda form. Berbatov isn't all that. He's class, but weve seen much better. One fantastic assist and u're acting as if the guy does stuff like that more than 2ce a season. psscchheew

SOME of what Ronaldinho did in one season. See if Babatoff has done that his whole career.  cool cool grin

I can boldly say Ronaldihno does not possess 30% of Berbatov's techniques. . . .
In the whole of Europe and South America, there's no player with the ball control skills of Berbatov.
What he does on the pitch are things Dinho can only dream about. Football is not about running around like a headless chicken.

Dennis Bergkamp made me realise you can play footie for 90 mins without sweating but soccer illiterates like Debosky will tell me Alan Shearer was better than Eric Cantona because Shearer scored more goals.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxJ9wdXXbwY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"[/flash]
[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdJmlfVIVes&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

The number of jersey means nothing. . . . . .Stop thinking like illiterates like Debo who feels the numbers on jersies equates to a dedicated responsibility.

You are an unrepentant mugu - who has debated jersey numbers with you? Are you high this early on a Tuesday? The fact is, for a so called 2nd striker, his goal tally is POOR.

Valencia was bought for £16 million. . . . .He has played in the PREM for 3 seasons.
Of course, i expect him to have a sudden impact and i also expect him to know when to cross.
Rafael Da Silva can cross the ball better than Valencia which is a shame.

How many goals has Da Silva scored? You keep making ridiculous claims - Valencia is supposed to make an impact but Berba is not simply because he is a second striker. . . .heck he is in the team just to bear a title and not contribute to the team's performance.

Last season he hadn't fully understood the way the team plays, what is the excuse this time around? You got it - he's a pile of fresh ostrich turd.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2009
debosky:

You are an unrepentant mugu - who has debated jersey numbers with you? Are you high this early on a Tuesday? The fact is, for a so called 2nd striker, his goal tally is POOR.

That is what you keep saying. . . . .Berbatov wears 9, he should score like Torres.
How is 5 goals in 11 starts poor?
This is a striker who just had a surgery few weeks ago and has only completed 90 mins on sunday since October.

How many goals has Da Silva scored? You keep making ridiculous claims - Valencia is supposed to make an impact but Berba is not simply because he is a second striker. . . .heck he is in the team just to bear a title and not contribute to the team's performance.

Valencia's primary role is to put in decent crosses so United's strikers can score. He has not done that.
Nani's first season is even better than what Valencia has produced in the first half of the season and this is Valencia that has copped more appearances than any other outfield player this season.

Last season he hadn't fully understood the way the team plays, what is the excuse this time around? You got it - he's a pile of fresh ostrich turd.

Tell us once n for all. . . . . Is Shearer better than Cantona? Is Torre Andre Flo/Hasselbaink better than Zola?

Ferguson is not complaining and the same Berbatov is ahead of Fabregas, Van Rapist and Eduardo as far as winning titles is concerned.
How is it a sore in your throat that our lazy number 9 has won more titles than any member of your team save for Agent Silvestre we sold to you so you can have a STAR player in your squad?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2009
Cristalz:

@Debo
You missed my point.
I didn't wave the goals aside completely. I said it's not about the goals only.
Think about it.  .  .Messi scores a lot, Drogba scores a lot, but why would you still pick Messi over Drogba?

Because of his other abilities in ADDITION to his goals - if Messi only scored 5 goals then his appeal would be markedly reduced. You can't take any aspect out - creativity without goals is not good enough!

Torres scores often, so does Drogba.  .  .why isn't there a clear preference for Drogba?
Because of many reasons - DD lacks finesse and is prone to outrageous diving as well as tantrums. Torres has sublime skill, in addition to his goals so there is a lot of debate there - you either like battering rams or you like silky finishers - both score goals.

There's more to it besides scoring, and Berbatov brings that 'more' to the team. Scoring is his only weak point, and then, it's not like he doesn't score at all. He does score, just not frequently. So the condemnation is very biased and rather unfair.

You keep harping on 'what he brings to the team' - what has he brought?   He doesn't add anything that others cannot produce - the sheer number of times he fades out of games neutralises the so called 'quality' he brings. I'd score him at 55% and that is simply not good enough for £30m.

He has MANY weak points - he lacks a winning mentality and is a weakling. How often do you see him pressing for the ball? How often do you see him making clearances when the side is under pressure? He is simply a pretty-boy striker who likes to think he's a swan - he better go take up ballet.  grin

It's very obvious you don't watch Berba play often if you don't know the kind of quality he adds to team United.
Best you do so before critiquing any further. grin

He adds quality, but insufficient given his billing and previous performances. Even Welbeck adds quality. . . if not he wouldn't be in the side, but does that make him something special?  

There are those that create chances only.
There are those that both create chances and score.
Rooney does both. Berbatov does more of creating than scoring(note here that he scores still, just not a lot). He is like some core that the others many times revolve around.

Since when? Since he realised he is sub-optimal quality and cannot perform at a big club? He is a flop.

He doesn't score often takes absolutely nothing from his quality, his moves, his footballing ideas. Not many goals is his only crime.

Eduardo has more quality than Berba can ever fathom - looking at the way he turns defenders can make you drool. . .YET the fact he hasn't been scoring makes people criticise him. His backheels to release others on goal, or his repertoire of tricks are legion - yet he is getting stick for not scoring. Forwards who don't score enough will be criticised, especially those who have built careers on scoring (over 4 seasons of consistently high returns) and are supposed to still be in their prime.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2009
debosky:

Eduardo has more quality than Berba can ever fathom - looking at the way he turns defenders can make you drool. . .YET the fact he hasn't been scoring makes people criticise him. His backheels to release others on goal, or his repertoire of tricks are legion - yet he is getting stick for not scoring. Forwards who don't score enough will be criticised, especially those who have built careers on scoring (over 4 seasons of consistently high returns) and are supposed to still be in their prime.

This can only come out of the mouth of a serial drunk. . . . .

Eduardo compared to Berbatov? Kiko Macheda is better than Eduardo and he is only 18.
In the committee of strikers, Eduardo and Danny Welbeck are mates. . . . . .Only a complete slowpoke will criticise Berbatov in Man Utd.

How did this lazy Berbatov score 48 international goals for Bulgaria making strikers like Torres, Henry, Ruud and Van Persie look like amateurs?
In his country, he is the poacher. . . . . .In Man Utd, he is a 2nd striker.
If you cannot understand that, then take a hike.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

That is what you keep saying. . . . .Berbatov wears 9, he should score like Torres.
How is 5 goals in 11 starts poor?
This is a striker who just had a surgery few weeks ago and has only completed 90 mins on sunday since October.

Why hasn't he completed 90 minutes? He stinks so much Fergie has to pull him off. He's that poor.

Valencia's primary role is to put in decent crosses so United's strikers can score. He has not done that.
Nani's first season is even better than what Valencia has produced in the first half of the season and this is Valencia that has copped more appearances than any other outfield player this season.

He is scoring if not creating as much, so there is a balance.

Tell us once n for all. . . . . Is Shearer better than Cantona? Is Torre Andre Flo/Hasselbaink better than Zola?

They are different players Show me where in his entire career before Utd Berba was so appalling in front of goal and I'll listen. He has flopped and been a big waste pipe at Utd, being left out of the biggest games which tells you all you need to know.

Ferguson is not complaining and the same Berbatov is ahead of Fabregas, Van Rapist and Eduardo as far as winning titles is concerned.

That is a daft and recidivist line to use - I thought you would have outgrown asinine arguments but you are still in the doldrums of stupidity. Berba is a wastepipe end of story.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by jaybee3(m): 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2009
Berba according to ManUTD (http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={FE60904B-C2A8-4E60-9B05-700DBBC29BBC}&section=playerProfile&teamid=458&bioid=93373)= Striker
Striker's primary role (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_(association_football) = putting the round ball in the net
Cost to UTD per goal = £1.6 M

Sauron stop flogging a dead horse. Berba is not delivering no matter what angle you wanna look at it.
He wasn't bought to improve our link up play
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Cristalz(f): 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2009
Debo, come back when you've watched Berbatov play more than once, k?
I'll listen to you then.

It's apparent you don't know what you're so confidently typing about. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:03pm On Dec 29, 2009
debosky:

Why hasn't he completed 90 minutes? He stinks so much Fergie has to pull him off. He's that poor.

Because he is just recovering from a knee surgery.
That was why he missed the games against Chelsea, Everton and Pompey.
He came as a sub against West Ham and Aston Villa because he hasn't fully recovered from his injury.

He is scoring if not creating as much, so there is a balance.

Scoring what?

They are different players Show me where in his entire career before Utd Berba was so appalling in front of goal and I'll listen. He has flopped and been a big waste pipe at Utd, being left out of the biggest games which tells you all you need to know.

He has never played in a big team until he joined Man Utd.
When he arrived at Man Utd. . . . .He joined a side that has won almost a dozen premiership titles and 2 European cups.
He was joining the best team on the planet with some of the best players on the planet. . . . .United's dependence on him was smaller compared to the clubs he has been where he is expected to lead the line and deliver.  Fergie wants him to play as a 2nd striker, not a poacher.

That is a daft and recidivist line to use - I thought you would have outgrown asinine arguments but you are still in the doldrums of stupidity. Berba is a wastepipe end of story.

How is it daft?
Does it not make sense that the world class players and strikers you have in Arsenal have not won a dime in half a decade?
If Berbatov is poor, Owen is geriatric and Rooney is uesless. . . . .How have these players scored more goals at half way point than last season when we had Ronaldo and Tevez?

It seems you are still recta-cranially inverted.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

How did this lazy Berbatov score 48 international goals for Bulgaria making strikers like Torres, Henry, Ruud and Van Persie look like amateurs?
Is is return per game better than Eduardo's? Get back to me on that - he is a waste of space.

In his country, he is the poacher. . . . . .In Man Utd, he is a 2nd striker.
If you cannot understand that, then take a hike.

I am sure that even his goal rate for Bulgaria since he joined Utd has dwindled - the guy has lost it and is on the way down - an unmitigated flop.

Criz I have watched Berba play - answer these few questions will you?

How often does Berba make tackles or blocks, aiding the team in defence? How often does he flit in and out of games like a daydreamer? How often has his 'quality' won games for Utd? Not talking about scoring an 'icing on the cake' third goal, but winning games?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 2:07pm On Dec 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

Because he is just recovering from a knee surgery.
That was why he missed the games against Chelsea, Everton and Pompey.
He came as a sub against West Ham and Aston Villa because he hasn't fully recovered from his injury.

Rubbish - because he was so shyte in training that Welbeck was preferred to him. grin

He has never played in a big team until he joined Man Utd.
When he arrived at Man Utd. . . . .He joined a side that has won almost a dozen premiership titles and 2 European cups.
He was joining the best team on the planet with some of the best players on the planet. . . . .United's dependence on him was smaller compared to the clubs he has been where he is expected to lead the line and deliver.  Fergie wants him to play as a 2nd striker, not a poacher.

Wrong - he came to a big side, became overawed and has performed below par. Simple.

How is it daft?
Does it not make sense that the world class players and strikers you have in Arsenal have not won a dime in half a decade?
How is that relevant to the performance of a single player? You are still a a consummate slowpoke.

If Berbatov is poor, Owen is geriatric and Rooney is uesless. . . . .How have these players scored more goals at half way point than last season when we had Ronaldo and Tevez?

Please highlight where I criticised Rooney or Owen. The issue here is that Berbatov is a pile of ostrich turd.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by jaybee3(m): 2:09pm On Dec 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

How have these players scored more goals at half way point than last season when we had Ronaldo and Tevez?

It seems you are still recta-cranially inverted.
R u saying that's due to berba?
Rooney have scored more goals simply because of his increase in responsibility.
He now takes penalties and free kicks plus he his the go to guy (focal point of attack) hence getting more chances.

Take out the no of penalties and free-kicks scored by rooney dis season and do a proper comparative analysis
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2009
jay bee:

Berba according to ManUTD (http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={FE60904B-C2A8-4E60-9B05-700DBBC29BBC}&section=playerProfile&teamid=458&bioid=93373)= Striker
Striker's primary role (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_(association_football) = putting the round ball in the net
Cost to UTD per goal = £1.6 M

Sauron stop flogging a dead horse. Berba is not delivering no matter what angle you wanna look at it.
He wasn't bought to improve our link up play

Fergie on Berbatov:

"This is a key signing.
"Dimitar is one of the best and most exciting strikers in world football.
"His style and ability will give the team a different dimension and I'm sure he will be a popular player with the fans."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/article1635118.ece#ixzz0b5BIIFKt

That is Fergie saying his style and ability will give Man Utd a different dimension.
Can that dimension be goalscoring since United are known to SCORE PLENTY OF GOALS?
Where in that interview did Fergie ever mention he bought Berbatov to score plenty of goals?

debosky:

Is is return per game better than Eduardo's? Get back to me on that - he is a waste of space.

Yes, it is. 48/76 is logically better than 18/28 unless you are a glorified retard. The more games you play, the more difficult it becomes.
Eduardo has only played handful of games. He is the only 26 year old striker that has only played 28 international goals for his country.

I am sure that even his goal rate for Bulgaria since he joined Utd has dwindled - the guy has lost it and is on the way down - an unmitigated flop.

Lost what?
He broke the international goal record for his country when he became a United player not before then.
Criz I have watched Berba play - answer these few questions will you?

How often does Berba make tackles or blocks, aiding the team in defence? How often does he flit in and out of games like a daydreamer? How often has his 'quality' won games for Utd? Not talking about scoring an 'icing on the cake' third goal, but winning games?

This is the idiotic statement that has been proven time n time again is a myth.
Berbatov made more tackles than Tevez and Rooney last season.
He won more tackles, covered more blades of grass than other United strikers last season and that is a FACT!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 2:15pm On Dec 29, 2009
jay bee:

He now takes penalties and free kicks plus he his the go to guy (focal point of attack) hence getting more chances.

Take out the no of penalties and free-kicks scored by rooney dis season and do a proper comparative analysis

Thanks for the intelligent response - the mugu always wants to discount the goals by Cesc and others because of freekicks and penalties, but it doesn't matter when Rooney is being considered.

Furthermore, given that Berba has missed so many games, it is clear that Utd scoring goals is NOT due to Berba's inclusion.

In fact, in games where he was either missing or only on as a sub, Utd tend to score more goals - see West Ham, Wolves and Portsmouth as evidence.  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 2:18pm On Dec 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

Fergie on Berbatov:

"This is a key signing.
"Dimitar is one of the best and most exciting strikers in world football.
"His style and ability will give the team a different dimension and I'm sure he will be a popular player with the fans."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/article1635118.ece#ixzz0b5BIIFKt

That is Fergie saying his style and ability will give Man Utd a different dimension.
Can that dimension be goalscoring since United are known to SCORE PLENTY OF GOALS?
Where in that interview did Fergie ever mention he bought Berbatov to score plenty of goals?

You must really be retarded - what else is a STRIKER bought for? How moronic can you get? undecided

Yes, it is. 48/76 is logically better than 18/28 unless you are a glorified retard. The more games you play, the more difficult it becomes.
Eduardo has only played handful of games. He is the only 26 year old striker that has only played 28 international goals for his country.

logically better? You gotta explain that one for me dude. grin The simple math tells me Eduardo is better than Berba at international level - SIMPLE. Everything else is hogwash.

This is the idiotic statement that has been proven time n time again is a myth.
Berbatov made more tackles than Tevez and Rooney last season.
He won more tackles, covered more blades of grass than other United strikers last season and that is a FACT!!!

Proof please - I hope this won't be another case of him 'logically' making more tackles. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:23pm On Dec 29, 2009
jay bee:

That is not the point.
I am saying the team has collectively scored more goals this season than last season when Ronaldo and Tevez were still at OT.
Are you saying Rooney alone has scored the share of goals Ronaldo and Tevez scored at this stage last season?

Get some perspective, man!!!

So we didn't score penalties last season or we did not score from freekicks?
Who am i debating with FFS? Are you high on paraga?

debosky:

Rubbish - because he was so shyte in training that Welbeck was preferred to him.  grin

A recovering player is shyte in training?  See the effects of a single digit IQ!!!!

Wrong - he came to a big side, became overawed and has performed below par. Simple.
How is that relevant to the performance of a single player? You are still a a consummate slowpoke.

Berbatov became overawed. . . . .I laugh in Swahili.
A player that was directly involved in 18 league goals last season with none of them being a set-piece?
Debosky, letz face it - you are a cunt!!!

Please highlight where I criticised Rooney or Owen. The issue here is that Berbatov is a pile of ostrich turd.

My point is. . . . . .Rooney + Owen + Berbatov >>>>>> Rooney + Ronaldo + Tevez + Berbatov.
You are saying Berbatov = 0(which i am disputing)
So are you suggesting Rooney + Owen >>>>>>> Ronaldo + Tevez + Rooney OR Owen >>>>>>Ronaldo + Tevez??
Debosky, by all the powers conferred on me. . . . .You are a simpleton. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 2:32pm On Dec 29, 2009
A-40:

Berbaslug na okrika. Na im type dem dey call gbajue for market and before peeps throw the 'he won the carling cup and EPL' line in ma face remember that if we had a roll call of Utd's key players that season Berbaslug would not make the list

@Ruudie
Are u Katt Williams in disguise? So u expect Sir Alex 'i'm always right' Ferguson to admit he blew 30mil on a kpanda like Berbaslug? When a 30mil striker is just about level on goals with Vermaelen and has scored less than Diaby then its only right we call a flop by his name

Nope. . . . but he hasn't thrown a boot at him yet, has he!?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2009
debosky:

You must really be retarded - what else is a STRIKER bought for?   How moronic can you get?  undecided

What was Eric Cantona bought for? Dennis Bergkamp? Zola? Kanu?
Get back to me when you can answer that.

logically better? You gotta explain that one for me dude.  grin The simple math tells me Eduardo is better than Berba at international level - SIMPLE. Everything else is hogwash.

A player plays 2 easy games and score 5 goals.
Another player scores 10 goals in 14 games.
Who would you say is better in the logical sense? The fact that Eduardo has played just a handful of games suggests he's had easier games to play than a striker that has played 76 times.

The difficulty index in playing 76 games is far far higher than playing 28 games.
If that does not help your reasoning, nothing else can.
How can a 26 yr old striker have 28 international caps? Rooney is 24. . . .He has got 57 caps.
Fletcher is 25, he's got 46 caps. Eduardo is useless for club/country.

Proof please - I hope this won't be another case of him 'logically' making more tackles.  grin

2008/9

Berbatov. . . . . .Tackles won(23), tackles lost(4) in 32 appearances
Tevez. . . . . . . . Tackles won(15), tackles lost(2) in 29 appearances
Rooney. . . . . . .Tackles won(12), tackles lost (4) in 30 appearances

So who has made the highest number of tackles?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by presido1: 2:38pm On Dec 29, 2009
Still on Berbasuk? He himself know he is not doing well so y defending him. Fergie can never come out to tell the world that he was scammed but within him he know he made a mistake in signing berba unless berba will proof him/us otherwise come the second half of the season. When Rooney use to play as our second striker i believe he scored more goals than berba. From the look of things now Owen is more prefered when both are fit.

I still miss Apache.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 2:38pm On Dec 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

That is not the point.
I am saying the team has collectively scored more goals this season than last season when Ronaldo and Tevez were still at OT.

That collective goal scoring has been IN SPITE of Berbatov not because of him. One might even argue further that the absence of those players has resulted in fewer goals for Berbatov.

Are you saying Rooney alone has scored the share of goals Ronaldo and Tevez scored at this stage last season?

Kindly tell us what proportion of the goals this term have been down to Berbatov - he obviously hasn't been scoring them, so has he been the one creating them all?

A recovering player is shyte in training?  See the effects of a single digit IQ!!!!
Are you a slowpoke? He can be poor in training and hence not deserving of any more than a seat on the bench.

Berbatov became overawed. . . . .I laugh in Swahili.
A player that was directly involved in 18 league goals last season with none of them being a set-piece?
Debosky, letz face it - you are a womanliness!!!
Most of the goals that were laid on a platter for him by other players. .  .now dried up and the flop is being exposed for what he is.

My point is. . . . . .Rooney + Owen + Berbatov >>>>>> Rooney + Ronaldo + Tevez + Berbatov.
You are saying Berbatov = 0(which i am disputing)
So are you suggesting Rooney + Owen >>>>>>> Ronaldo + Tevez + Rooney OR Owen >>>>>>Ronaldo + Tevez??  

What are the number of goals involved in this argument?

37 this season versus 25 the previous season. Out of the 37, how many has Berba scored? Just 5.

With the aid of simple arithmetic, it is clear that the 32 goals are not due to Berbatov hence we can say his contribution has NOT led to the marked improvement, but has occurred in SPITE of him.

Debosky, by all the powers conferred on me. . . . .You are a simpleton. grin

If a simpleton is better at arithmetic than you are then you must be a single celled amoeba.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Ibime(m): 2:41pm On Dec 29, 2009
Breaking news. . . . . Van Der Saar sent on indefinite leave after his wife suffers a brain haemorrage. . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 2:43pm On Dec 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

What was Eric Cantona bought for? Dennis Bergkamp? Zola? Kanu?
Get back to me when you can answer that.

They were bought to perform in line with their previous performances - did any of them score 23 goals in the seasons preceding their moves to Chelski and Arsenal?

A player plays 2 easy games and score 5 goals.
Another player scores 10 goals in 14 games.
Who would you say is better in the logical sense? The fact that Eduardo has played just a handful of games suggests he's had easier games to play than a striker that has played 76 times.
What tournaments have Bulgaria attended in that time to show he played in more difficult games? It's all in your head -Eduardo is better than Berba at international level. Simple.

Ibime:

Breaking news. . . . . Van Der Saar sent on indefinite leave after his wife suffers a brain haemorrage. . . .

News has been out for at least 4 hours - have you been binging on shekpe again? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:46pm On Dec 29, 2009
debosky:

That collective goal scoring has been IN SPITE of Berbatov not because of him. One might even argue further that the absence of those players has resulted in fewer goals for Berbatov.

You are a goat if that is what you could deduce.
At least i have done ma bit to educate you that Dimitar won more tackles than Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo last season.
Even this season. . . .He has won more tackles than Tevez/Rooney despite copping fewer game time.

Berbatov is lazy is the biggest myth in English football and SAF actually said he covers more ground than Rooney.

Kindly tell us what proportion of the goals this term have been down to Berbatov - he obviously hasn't been scoring them, so has he been the one creating them all?

5 league goals and 2 assists in 11 starts is not a bad return for Dimitar.

Are you a slowpoke? He can be poor in training and hence not deserving of any more than a seat on the bench.
Most of the goals that were laid on a platter for him by other players. .  .now dried up and the flop is being exposed for what he is.

He went for a knee operation, you dimwit.
Up until his injury against Blackburn, he has been our best striker in large proportions.
Nicking goals here n there to bail his team out.

What are the number of goals involved in this argument?

League goals.

37 this season versus 25 the previous season. Out of the 37, how many has Berba scored? Just 5.
With the aid of simple arithmetic, it is clear that the 32 goals are not due to Berbatov hence we can say his contribution has NOT led to the marked improvement, but has occurred in SPITE of him.

You are daft. . . . .His contribution has led to the marked improvement because the timing of those goals also play a significant part.
There are goals that effectively kill games off like what Cesc did to the Villans.
Goals are not just goals in sheer numbers. . . . .It is how those goals affect matches that matters.
As soon as Ronaldo scored his freekick at the Emirates, Arsenal were there for the taking. . . . .Had United scored 10 that night, other goals woulda been icing on the cake. The goal that killed the game was Ronaldo's.

If a simpleton is better at arithmetic than you are then you must be a single celled amoeba.

You are not smarter than a spermatozoon whose task is just to swim.

debosky:

They were bought to perform in line with their previous performances - did any of them score 23 goals in the seasons preceding their moves to Chelski and Arsenal?

Dennis Bergkamp scored 30 goals TWICE for Ajax.

What tournaments have Bulgaria attended in that time to show he played in more difficult games? It's all in your head -Eduardo is better than Berba at international level. Simple.

Does it have to be a tournament?
There are no Euro qualifiers or WC qualifiers?
How dumb can you be when you argue with Sauron?
Only a complete goat will say Eduardo is better than Macheda. . . . .never mind Berbatov and Eduardo(a poacher) was bought to replace HENRY!!!

Eduardo is useless. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 2:46pm On Dec 29, 2009
presido1:

[b]Still on Berbasuk? He himself know he is not doing well so y defending him. [/b]Fergie can never come out to tell the world that he was scammed but within him he know he made a mistake in signing berba unless berba will proof him/us otherwise come the second half of the season. When Rooney use to play as our second striker i believe he scored more goals than berba. From the look of things now Owen is more prefered when both are fit.

I still miss Apache.
I said this yesterday. . ."Molotov" wont agree with some daft defences some scummies put up in support of him. . .
He knows he has underperformed a lot. . .And i am very confident he will agree with me expectations was definitely high - A few sparks here and there cant justify the huge amount spent plus his track record pre-United
This season has reached halfway, it doesnt look like it will happen for him this season. . .
When will he blast off and be effective, most importantly justify the huge price tag,  is the question
He has spent the better part of his career at United flourishing in only one department - His Hair
Wet gel suppliers To United must have seen an increased turnover as a result That is if United has supplies shipped to OT and Carrington
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 2:54pm On Dec 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

You are a goat if that is what you could deduce.

That is better than being a brainless single celled organism like yourself. grin

5 league goals and 2 assists in 11 starts is not a bad return for Dimitar.
It is a poor return and highlights the flaws in your argument - even his 7 'direct' goal contributions cannot explain the 30 goals united have scored this season. He has been the reason why many more have not been scored with his atrocious misses in front of goal. How many appearances has he had?

He went for a knee operation, you dimwit.
Up until his injury against Blackburn, he has been our best striker in large proportions.
Nicking goals here n there to bail his team out.

How many winning goals has he scored this season?

You are daft. . . . .His contribution has led to the marked improvement because the timing of those goals also play a significant part.
There are goals that effectively kill games off like what Cesc did to the Villans.
Goals are not just goals in sheer numbers. . . . .It is how those goals affect matches that matters.
As soon as Ronaldo scored his freekick at the Emirates, Arsenal were there for the taking. . . . .Had United scored 10 that night, other goals woulda been icing on the cake. The goal that killed the game was Ronaldo's.

Ok - how many of such goals has he scored? Berba often scores cherry on the cake goals, not game changers - even his assists (such as for Valencia) are of the same quality - after the game has been won and the opposition has given up.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 2:58pm On Dec 29, 2009
citing a certain senseless analogy by someone here:

Dudu having scored 34 goals in 32 appearances for Zagreb, comes to Arsenal and only nets 4 in 17 appearances the following season is a waste of the gunners' precious money.

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:59pm On Dec 29, 2009
debosky:

That is better than being a brainless single celled organism like yourself.  grin

See this mugu. . . . .Faced with stats that Berbatov tackles more, he kept quiet and he is grasping at straws.

It is a poor return and highlights the flaws in your argument - even his 7 'direct' goal contributions cannot explain the 30 goals united have scored this season. He has been the reason why many more have not been scored with his atrocious misses in front of goal. How many appearances has he had?

How many has he missed?
I remember him bailing United out against Sunderland and Blackburn. . . . .Games United woulda lost if not for Berba's timely interventions.

How many winning goals has he scored this season?  

Loads.
Goals that had taken us from a losing/drawing position into a winning position.
He scored the all important goal against Stoke, Blackburn and Sunderland.

Ok - how many of such goals has he scored? Berba often scores cherry on the cake goals, not game changers - even his assists (such as for Valencia) are of the same quality - after the game has been won and the opposition has given up.

Often? . . . . .If i present hard facts here again, you will choke on your words.
You are just like many other soccer illiterates who conceive dirty ideas in your frail mind and generate an opinion from it.
Berbatov is not lazy and he is by no means a FLOP.  Fergie is happy with his performance and so are United fans who have seen what he does on the pitch.

RuuDie:

citing a certain senseless analogy by someone here:

Dudu having scored 34 goals in 32 appearances for Zagreb, comes to Arsenal and only nets 4 in 17 appearances the following season is a waste of the gunners' precious money.

U don't need statistics to know Eduardo is a massive FLOP.
He is the most useless striker in Europe. . . . .At least Berba's contribution helped his team win titles last season.
What has Eduardo added to Arsenal apart from gnashing of teeth and bad luck? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 3:02pm On Dec 29, 2009
MrCrackles:

I said this yesterday. . ."Molotov" wont agree with some daft defences some scummies put up in support of him. . .
He knows he has underperformed a lot. . .And i am very confident he will agree with me expectations was definitely high - A few sparks here and there cant justify the huge amount spent plus his track record pre-United
This season has reached halfway, it doesnt look like it will happen for him this season. . .
When will he blast off and be effective, most importantly justify the huge price tag, is the question
He has spent the better part of his career at United flourishing in only one department - His Hair
Wet gel suppliers To United must have seen an increased turnover as a result That is if United has supplies shipped to OT and Carrington

quick question for u. . . . Kaka cost 56milla - has he, in your humble opinion, justified that price-tag for the all-whites just yet!?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 3:07pm On Dec 29, 2009
RuuDie:

quick question for u. . . .  Kaka cost 56milla - has he, in your humble opinion, justified that price-tag for the all-whites just yet!?
I wont say yes. . . .Very premature to fully rate Kaka in Madrid colours, at this stage to be honest
The issue here is Berbatov and he is overrated plus he aint worth half the cheddars paid for him. . .
Good pro no disrepect but has been a flop at United. . . At least so far
When did he join?
How many seasons do you need to bed in nicely and rediscover a blistering form pre-United?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:13pm On Dec 29, 2009
RuuDie:

quick question for u. . . .  Kaka cost 56milla - has he, in your humble opinion, justified that price-tag for the all-whites just yet!?

U don't need to overflog this issue. . . .

There is a wide gulf between fans' expectations and Berbatov's end product.
Most football fans aren't well informed about his contributions both attacking and defensively wise.
There are many factors a player like Dimitar brings to the table. You have the tangibles. . . .goals, assists . . . . and the intangibles.
But the not so tangible things he does so well are often overlooked by 'muppets' like Debosky and Dayokanu. grin

Berbatov plays way deeper than he did at Spurs. He has changed his game.
In most games, he doesn't play as a striker at United. His role is to link our midfield and our forwards. He has played deeper than Ronaldo, Rooney,Owen and even Park.

Fans, pundits, journalists etc. expect from him the end product of a striker and he doesn't play as a striker.
But they don't see this and are left with the impression that he doesn't do his job well and thus is a failure.
The misunderstanding is complete and at the same time comical.

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (101)

Chelsea Vs Manchester United (0 - 2) On 17th February 2020 / Watford Vs Liverpool (3 - 0) On 29th February 2020 / UEFA Champions League 2018/19 Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.